***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby SIBucsFan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:41 am

In case anyone forgot what a great pass rushing 4-3 DE looks like, treat yourself to 13 minutes and 35 seconds of Simeon Rice's Bucs highlights. I don't think I've seen that kind of quickness off the snap since him. Just look at it in awe.

If JPP and Curry can be half as good as Rice was between 2001-2005, our pass rush will significantly improve from them alone.
SIBucsFan

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am

SIBucsFan wrote:In case anyone forgot what a great pass rushing 4-3 DE looks like, treat yourself to 13 minutes and 35 seconds of Simeon Rice's Bucs highlights. I don't think I've seen that kind of quickness off the snap since him. Just look at it in awe.

If JPP and Curry can be half as good as Rice was between 2001-2005, our pass rush will significantly improve from them alone.

The thing that sticks out in all of these highlights is how it's always more than 1 guy penetrating into the backfield. That Dline back then was truly a sight to behold.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:21 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
SIBucsFan wrote:In case anyone forgot what a great pass rushing 4-3 DE looks like, treat yourself to 13 minutes and 35 seconds of Simeon Rice's Bucs highlights. I don't think I've seen that kind of quickness off the snap since him. Just look at it in awe.

The thing that sticks out in all of these highlights is how it's always more than 1 guy penetrating into the backfield. That Dline back then was truly a sight to behold.

Agreed, that interior was blowing up the pocket on many, many of those plays... Beautiful thing to watch
Super K

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 am

Super K wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Agreed, that interior was blowing up the pocket on many, many of those plays... Beautiful thing to watch

I predict 10+ sacks for JPP this year. book it
Jason Bourne

Postby Super K » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 am

And how about that chop move?!?...has there EVER been anyone better at it?... DAMN
Super K

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:02 am

Super K wrote:And how about that chop move?!?...has there EVER been anyone better at it?... DAMN

I love how he charged with that speed to get the LT backpeddaling and then cut inside as the QB is trying to step up.

He made it look easy.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Super K » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Super K wrote:And how about that chop move?!?...has there EVER been anyone better at it?... DAMN

I love how he charged with that speed to get the LT backpeddaling and then cut inside as the QB is trying to step up.

He made it look easy.

No doubt..

Being an undersized DE/OLB with excellent wheels himself, I've been trying to teach that to my son all summer...

We've been watching Simeon Rice and James Harrison tale religiously...
Super K

Postby Swashy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 am

I hate to say it but I'm only expecting like 1/4 to 1/8 as good. The only thing I've come to expect out of the Bucs is offseason champions and a mediocre year complete with 5-7 wins with the occasional barely better than .500 season that doesn't see us make the playoffs either
Swashy

Postby SIBucsFan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

He made it look easy.

I'm very glad you mentioned that, MB.

One of my favorite Simeon Rice highlights is in this different video at the 0:28 mark in the video below. He does exactly what you're referencing to Jonathan Ogden. He turns possibly the greatest pass-protector of all-time into a complete fool, getting him off-balance and on the ground with one arm.

Last edited by SIBucsFan on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
SIBucsFan

Postby SIBucsFan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 am

Swashy wrote:

I hate to say it but I'm only expecting like 1/4 to 1/8 as good. The only thing I've come to expect out of the Bucs is offseason champions and a mediocre year complete with 5-7 wins with the occasional barely better than .500 season that doesn't see us make the playoffs either

At least you won't be disappointed with anything that happens, and at best you'll be thrilled at the results.
SIBucsFan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am

Simeon Rice was my favourite guy to focus on on those defences. Dude was like a Cheetah, just pure cat like athleticism, and QBs were his pray.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 am

I'm pretty pumped about our Dline. 5 new players including a premium pass rusher like JPP that we haven't had since Simeon left and 340lb Polynesian beast that can move like a guy 30lbs lighter.

We've added both blue chip talent with JPP and Vea to surround McCoy who is already a perennial pro-bowler and top 3 at his position along with solid depth with contributors off last years SB champs that has the best Dline in the NFL in Curry and Allen.

Unrien is nothing flashy, but between he and Gholston should provide some quality depth and help on run downs.

Noah Spence is a complete wild card with his injury history, but he's not being counted on so anything he provides is just icing on the cake. But if he's healthy he certainly provides some juice as a situational pass rusher and will be able to make QB step up in the pocket into guys like McCoy and Vea.

To be a good defense you need a good/great Dline. A great Dline usually needs both multiple blue chip talents starting along with quality depth. With McCoy-Vea-JPP and the other 5 guys mentioned I think the Bucs have the right ingredients. If Buckner is the Dline coach we hope he I expect that Dline unit to carry this defense and allow our LBs fly around in addition to making things easier for out secondary. Nobody in the Eagles secondary really worried anyone last season on paper, but they were still the best defense in the NFL. I like this Bucs front 7 better than last years Eagles front 7.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:15 am

If we do shock the world and make the playoffs this year, the DL and Ronald Jones are going to be the big reasons why
real bucs fan

Postby Deuce » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 am

real bucs fan wrote:If we do shock the world and make the playoffs this year, the DL and Ronald Jones are going to be the big reasons why

I'm just hoping our DL can make our secondary look a lot better. I feel like it's been hard to grade our secondary over the past few years because there is literally no pressure on the QB.
Deuce

Postby Super K » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:I'm pretty pumped about our Dline....I like this Bucs front 7 better than last years Eagles front 7.

Couldn't agree more...
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Deuce wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:If we do shock the world and make the playoffs this year, the DL and Ronald Jones are going to be the big reasons why

I'm just hoping our DL can make our secondary look a lot better. I feel like it's been hard to grade our secondary over the past few years because there is literally no pressure on the QB.

They haven't been given a fair shake what so ever. Can't really mix it up much when there's no push up front and QB has all day to examine the field.
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:54 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Doctor wrote:Wait, do you split up the house? Like each getting a kitchen and an entrance to their portion?
Or do you just rent out rooms and have common areas like a dorm thing?

I'm splitting the house into 3 units. Upstairs I've got a 2 BR unit, main floor a 1 bedroom unit (with a backyard), and am in the process of converting the basement into another unit. Each with a separate entrance/kitchen etc. As well I rent out the garage for 300$ a month to my electrician. All in all am hoping to get about 7K/month between everything minus a heavy mortgage payment, insurance, and taxes. Long term would like to take over the main floor unit.

Damn that's a lot of rent. You must live in a high demand place, yet at the same time have some weak HOA. When did you get the house?
Doctor

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Doctor wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm splitting the house into 3 units. Upstairs I've got a 2 BR unit, main floor a 1 bedroom unit (with a backyard), and am in the process of converting the basement into another unit. Each with a separate entrance/kitchen etc. As well I rent out the garage for 300$ a month to my electrician. All in all am hoping to get about 7K/month between everything minus a heavy mortgage payment, insurance, and taxes. Long term would like to take over the main floor unit.

Damn that's a lot of rent. You must live in a high demand place, yet at the same time have some weak HOA. When did you get the house?

It’s not that uncommon. I live in Dallas and all over people are doing similar things with their homes. You’re right that a lot of HOAs won’t allow that many tenants. It isn’t that hard to find a good area for that nowadays. I met a guy last month selling a home for $76K. Rent rolls showed the property brings in $3K/mo in rent from 5 tenants. The owner has been making that same $3K/mo for 8 years on a property he bought for $22K.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:55 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Doctor wrote:Damn that's a lot of rent. You must live in a high demand place, yet at the same time have some weak HOA. When did you get the house?

It’s not that uncommon. I live in Dallas and all over people are doing similar things with their homes. You’re right that a lot of HOAs won’t allow that many tenants. It isn’t that hard to find a good area for that nowadays. I met a guy last month selling a home for $76K. Rent rolls showed the property brings in $3K/mo in rent from 5 tenants. The owner has been making that same $3K/mo for 8 years on a property he bought for $22K.

EACH?!
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

EACH?!

Lol no. Bad wording on my part. It’s $600 each for their portion for the house. Long term tenants who’ve been there 3+ years each.
PrimeMinister

Postby SIBucsFan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Doctor wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I'm splitting the house into 3 units. Upstairs I've got a 2 BR unit, main floor a 1 bedroom unit (with a backyard), and am in the process of converting the basement into another unit. Each with a separate entrance/kitchen etc. As well I rent out the garage for 300$ a month to my electrician. All in all am hoping to get about 7K/month between everything minus a heavy mortgage payment, insurance, and taxes. Long term would like to take over the main floor unit.

I think just about all of Toronto is very high-priced if you want to live in a decent place.
SIBucsFan

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:18 pm

SIBucsFan wrote:
Doctor wrote:Damn that's a lot of rent. You must live in a high demand place, yet at the same time have some weak HOA. When did you get the house?

I think just about all of Toronto is very high-priced if you want to live in a decent place.

I heard a lot of gay vegans live in Toronto , not judging just saying
Jason Bourne

Postby Nano » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Bucs defensive end Noah Spence said that he's now eating about 10 meals a day to keep weight on. He said he actually got as low as 228 last year and is now 257. As far as the shoulder that landed him on IR last year, Dirk Koetter said, "I'm pretty sure [he's] ready to go."

Jenna Laine, ESPN Staff Writer
5h ago
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:16 pm

I realize it's the off-season but MY GOD! When is the last time we've heard this much about a defensive end's weight?!! There's a new report or tweet about his damn weight every week now!
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:I realize it's the off-season but MY GOD! When is the last time we've heard this much about a defensive end's weight?!! There's a new report or tweet about his damn weight every week now!

Arden Key before the combine.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:22 pm

Doctor wrote:

Ya Torontos nuts. Litterally the first person to come into the house was the electrician and he wanted to move in lol. Got the house early this year.
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:56 am

1 by 1 these new additions are wiping the smile off of Gerald McCoy's face. Watch the video below. Buckner is not ****ing around at all.

@JeffTewksFox13
Bucs OTA Thursday: Jameis Winston draws Gerald McCoy offsides with a hard count. New D-Line Coach Brentson Buckner gives McCoy and the D line group a stern lecture- the tone is being set for the 2018 season.

https://twitter.com/JeffTewksFox13/stat ... 93536?s=19
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 am

I like it. Gerald and the Dline need to be coached hard.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:02 am

GMac looks pissed.

I agree with everyone who likes it.
uscbucsfan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:05 am

DreadNaught wrote:I like it. Gerald and the Dline need to be coached hard.

I love it too. He's never been pushed like this before. Maybe by Schiano but I don't recall anything like this. Last week it was Jensen getting in his grill. Now it's the Dline coach. Hopefully this awakens the beast that is Gerald McCoy even more.
Bootz2004

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions