***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!***

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: ***OFFICIAL 2018 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Off-Season Thread!

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I like it. Gerald and the Dline need to be coached hard.

I love it too. He's never been pushed like this before. Maybe by Schiano but I don't recall anything like this. Last week it was Jensen getting in his grill. Now it's the Dline coach. Hopefully this awakens the beast that is Gerald McCoy even more.

hell. yeah.
beardmcdoug

Postby Super K » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:14 am

Freakin LOVE it...

JW is finally utilizing some QB gamesmanship (now if he could learn the Big Ben pump fake he'd be a ****ing rock star)..

But better yet, BB is ALL up in their ass!! Keep poking that bear (Gmac)...
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I like it. Gerald and the Dline need to be coached hard.

I love it too. He's never been pushed like this before. Maybe by Schiano but I don't recall anything like this. Last week it was Jensen getting in his grill. Now it's the Dline coach. Hopefully this awakens the beast that is Gerald McCoy even more.

I said it before and I believe it: Buckner is the single most important addition this offseason. More important than even JPP, Vea, the CBs etc.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:42 pm

I fully expect GMCs best season and the DL auto dominate this year.

Buckner openly says the DL is THE most important unit on the team. He embraces the pressure on the performance of his players and that has to push the players to be great. Buckner is the DL I wanted 2 years ago when I saw him coaching Arizona’s DL. He doesn’t accept less than everything the player is capable of and does everything to help the player give it all.
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:52 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:GMac looks pissed.

JMHO, but his pissed look there seems more like "the kid who's pissed at his parents for yelling at him when he did something wrong" than someone who's "pissed at himself for ****ing up".
Caradoc

Postby MJW » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Caradoc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:GMac looks pissed.

JMHO, but his pissed look there seems more like "the kid who's pissed at his parents for yelling at him when he did something wrong" than someone who's "pissed at himself for ****ing up".

I've worked in a lot of jobs where I was the only employee who wasn't useless. You get used to getting your butt kissed. It's a shock when you get treated like everyone else. A good shock, but still.
MJW

Postby Naismith » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 am

MJW wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

I've worked in a lot of jobs where I was the only employee who wasn't useless. You get used to getting your butt kissed. It's a shock when you get treated like everyone else. A good shock, but still.

Man, consecutive posts where we could use a great eyeroll gif. :)
Naismith

Postby MJW » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:30 am

Naismith wrote:
MJW wrote:

Man, consecutive posts where we could use a great eyeroll gif. :)

I just meant I've spent my life underemployed, that's all!
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 am

Jason Pierre-Paul will practice for the 1st time as a Buc today when the team opens mini camp. He didn't come to OTAs and as a result missed out on $250k work out bonus.
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Jason Pierre-Paul will practice for the 1st time as a Buc today when the team opens mini camp. He didn't come to OTAs and as a result missed out on $250k work out bonus.

Any word why he skipped all workouts?
PrimeMinister

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:29 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Jason Pierre-Paul will practice for the 1st time as a Buc today when the team opens mini camp. He didn't come to OTAs and as a result missed out on $250k work out bonus.

Apparently he's really into his girl right now. But he did post some stuff of him working out in Bucs gear and I guess he's a live in the gym guy.

It's worth noting that he played with Strahan who left similar money on the table one offseason and called it "the best money he ever lost." or some **** like that.

so long as he's ready for gameday.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:40 am

Alot of big money vets skip all or atleast part of the 'voluntary' OTA's. I don't like it, but it is what it is and the CBA allows it. Given JPP's position and experience I don't think it's a big deal at all. Less of a deal than a receiver or QB missing OTAs where those practices help build continuity.

As long as he's here for mini camp and all of TC he'll be fine imo. All the voluntary workouts are over, so of JPP misses anymore time it'll be a concern. But I don't see that happening.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:37 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Apparently he's really into his girl right now. But he did post some stuff of him working out in Bucs gear and I guess he's a live in the gym guy.

It's worth noting that he played with Strahan who left similar money on the table one offseason and called it "the best money he ever lost." or some **** like that.

Yep. They're called voluntary workouts for a reason. 250k means very little to a guy making $11mil+ this year.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:41 am

DreadNaught wrote:Alot of big money vets skip all or atleast part of the 'voluntary' OTA's. I don't like it, but it is what it is and the CBA allows it. Given JPP's position and experience I don't think it's a big deal at all. Less of a deal than a receiver or QB missing OTAs where those practices help build continuity.

As long as he's here for mini camp and all of TC he'll be fine imo. All the voluntary workouts are over, so of JPP misses anymore time it'll be a concern. But I don't see that happening.

I don't care if a 9 year vet doesn't show up until week 1. Be ready to play when the games matter. And he's not the only one. Desean Jackson, Brent Grimes, Demar Dotson, JR Sweezy. A lot of vets missed some or all of OTAs for various reasons.
Bootz2004

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:46 am

DreadNaught wrote:Alot of big money vets skip all or atleast part of the 'voluntary' OTA's. I don't like it, but it is what it is and the CBA allows it. Given JPP's position and experience I don't think it's a big deal at all. Less of a deal than a receiver or QB missing OTAs where those practices help build continuity.

And if he could get to bed early only July 4. That'd be comforting too.
IchabodCrane84

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:56 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

I don't care if a 9 year vet doesn't show up until week 1. Be ready to play when the games matter. And he's not the only one. Desean Jackson, Brent Grimes, Demar Dotson, JR Sweezy. A lot of vets missed some or all of OTAs for various reasons.

I think being at TC is important. Especially if it's you're first year with a new team or new coaches. The position you play is variable also imo. Leveon Bell missing all of TC wasn't an issue last season b/c he had been in the same system the previous seasons, but w/ a new OC in Pittsburgh I don't know that it will be as easy for him to show up the week before game 1 and expect be as prepared as he would've been he you attended all of TC.

But I get your point and as it relates to JPP I don't see him missing OTAs as an issue at all imo. I'd just prefer players show up to the 10 or so offseason practices even if they are voluntary. That said I don't feel there was much to be gained or lost for a DE of his experience during offseason practices.

Stay healthy through TC and lets rock and roll come week 1 in New Orleans.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby BUCCABEER » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am

IchabodCrane84 wrote:

JPP would give you a thumbs up on that, if he could.........
BUCCABEER

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:20 pm

BUCCABEER wrote:
IchabodCrane84 wrote:

JPP would give you a thumbs up on that, if he could.........

there's something funny here, but I can't put my finger on it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I think being at TC is important. Especially if it's you're first year with a new team or new coaches. The position you play is variable also imo. Leveon Bell missing all of TC wasn't an issue last season b/c he had been in the same system the previous seasons, but w/ a new OC in Pittsburgh I don't know that it will be as easy for him to show up the week before game 1 and expect be as prepared as he would've been he you attended all of TC.

But I get your point and as it relates to JPP I don't see him missing OTAs as an issue at all imo. I'd just prefer players show up to the 10 or so offseason practices even if they are voluntary. That said I don't feel there was much to be gained or lost for a DE of his experience during offseason practices.

Stay healthy through TC and lets rock and roll come week 1 in New Orleans.

I think at this stage of their careers most vets know what their bodies need and can handle. JPP in particular has had to adjust and supplement his training since his accident. I trust him to get himself in football shape more than I would our staff that's never worked with him. No doubt he'll be ready to produce starting in New Orleans.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Apparently he's really into his girl right now. But he did post some stuff of him working out in Bucs gear and I guess he's a live in the gym guy.

Yep. They're called voluntary workouts for a reason. 250k means very little to a guy making $11mil+ this year.

And made $28? mil last year.
NYBF

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:07 pm

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

And made $28? mil last year.

Yea something like that. Not sure what his signing bonus and salary was but he's made a ton of money between this year and last year. That lost 250 won't sting much.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Nice problem to have. I wish I was could blow off practicing (non-contact) football for a couple days in the spring/summer b/c $250k was just an insignificant bonus.

I'm just jealous..
DreadNaught

Postby acmillis » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm

The 250k is .02% of his 2018 salary.
acmillis

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 pm

So I guess JPP gave his .02 cents?

I’ll see myself out.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:51 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:So I guess JPP gave his .02 cents?

I’ll see myself out.

DreadNaught

Postby Doctor » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Fresh interviews uploaded to the Bucs youtube channel. JPP has one too.

Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:54 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

He stated today that he had to make sure his family was situated. He moved everything from New Jersey to be down here full time.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Doctor wrote:Fresh interviews uploaded to the Bucs youtube channel. JPP has one too.

DAMNIT JAMEIS STRAIGHTEN OUT THAT GOATEE ITS BEEN TWO DAMN YEARS NOW
beardmcdoug

Postby Rocker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Doctor wrote:Fresh interviews uploaded to the Bucs youtube channel. JPP has one too.

Yeah, that’s a hard pass. I don’t want a Skinny Freeman = Straight Goatee scenario.
Rocker

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Rocker wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Yeah, that’s a hard pass. I don’t want a Skinny Freeman = Straight Goatee scenario.

LMAO!! I’m dying only because it’s true for Buc fans.
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions