Your Bucs Free Agent Wish List

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Your Bucs Free Agent Wish List

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Malcolm Butler. Morris Claiborne.
DanTurksGhost

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Is McCoy really calling for Michael Bennett?

No, not even dirt cheap. Plus he is still under contract.
mdb1958

Postby Teitan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Butler, I could get on board. Although I think you have to over pay for him.

Claiborne, no.

Yes McCoy is inviting Bennett back. No thank you. Hasn’t been that good the last two seasons, he’s 32, and he’s an ***hole.
Teitan

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 pm

I'd swap Ayers out for Bennett. Same age and Bennett the same number of sacks this season than every DE on this team COMBINED.
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 pm

I'm already serving up the next Yannick Ngakoue, all we got to do is go for it
mdb1958

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 pm

mdb1958 wrote:I'm already serving up the next Yannick Ngakoue, all we got to do is go for it

English muthafucka. English.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:I'm already serving up the next Yannick Ngakoue, all we got to do is go for it

mdb is going to name a late round gem of an EDGE rusher the Bucs should draft.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Hopefully we find that guy. He was a 3rd round pick.
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

As opposed to 4 months of talking about players you cant have and then three years of talking about them on other teams?
mdb1958

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

We traded up for... Aguayo... instead of taking him... ouch.
real bucs fan

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

We traded up for... Aguayo... instead of taking him... ouch.

Or Kevin Byard who is putting up good numbers.
mdb1958

Postby DanTurksGhost » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:48 pm

real bucs fan wrote:We traded up for... Aguayo... instead of taking him... ouch.

Epic failure in the draft. I'm not opposed to making a move to go get the guy you want, but when it comes to kickers, well...
DanTurksGhost

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:48 pm

I don't know how Brate needs Winston more than the other way around. Seeing as how Evans has had problems with pushing off n lack of YAC. Winston can't seem to hit Djax over 20 yards.When TV announcers and everyone watching knows on key downs especially red zone Brate is Winstons go to guy,seems Winston needs him.Its a jump ball to Evans, an underthrown or overthrown pass to Djax, but a nice throw on the money to Brate. I'd say Brate had value. He's alternate for this years pro bowl. Now he seems to have built a nice connection with Godwin. I feel Godwin should be #2 with Djax in the slot. Ala Antonio Brown. Lots of underneath, quick short passes n quick slants, stuff to use his speed in the open field. Guy was a great punt returner at one point. His biggest play was on a slant.Hes our yac guy if we eventually wake up n use him that way. It's what Gruden would do.Godwin was a reasonably high pick and has proven himself. Only way you part with Brate is if you incorporate Godwin to take his place. We don't run two TE attack like NE did, so it's kind of a waste of OJ Howard.We made a big commitment grabbing Howard, so let him be the Antonio Gates / Tony Gonzalez he was billed to be.Which is possible even with full receiving corps- see Jackson n Chmura - with Brooks n Freeman.Idk seems Winstons had his moments with everyone but Djax. However that's due to using him wrong.Its a tough call.
LavonteDavid54

Postby Super K » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 pm

LVD54, when you post all I see is the Matrix..
Super K

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Super K wrote:LVD54, when you post all I see is the Matrix..

That must take awhile to type all that
Jason Bourne

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Any thoughts on Safety Kenny Vaccaro? He'll likely become a UFA this offseason as the Saints have Von Bell and Marcus Williams at Safety and playing well.

Vaccaro is a former 1st round pick that has been hot and cold as an NFL player. He really came on this season and was an underrated part the Saints resurgence on defense before suffering an injury late in the season.

I don't think we'd have to break the bank for him and he's the type talented, 2nd contract player you want to target in FA.

Vaccaro would be an upgrade over Conte/Tandy.
DreadNaught

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Sorry fellas. I'll break it up into smaller posts. Problem is, it make sense in my head.
LavonteDavid54

Postby Nano » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:53 pm

You can post a lot, just paragraph it.
Nano

Postby theBKwhopper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:58 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Any thoughts on Safety Kenny Vaccaro? He'll likely become a UFA this offseason as the Saints have Von Bell and Marcus Williams at Safety and playing well.

Vaccaro is a former 1st round pick that has been hot and cold as an NFL player. He really came on this season and was an underrated part the Saints resurgence on defense before suffering an injury late in the season.

I don't think we'd have to break the bank for him and he's the type talented, 2nd contract player you want to target in FA.

Vaccaro would be an upgrade over Conte/Tandy.

I'd be for it. The Saints might still want to keep him though
theBKwhopper

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:14 pm

LavonteDavid54 wrote:Sorry fellas. I'll break it up into smaller posts. Problem is, it make sense in my head.

Good point in Desean in the slot
Jason Bourne

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:07 am

Nano wrote:You can post a lot, just paragraph it.

^This.

Paragraphing, alone, would help.

I don't know how Brate needs Winston more than the other way around. Seeing as how Evans has had problems with pushing off n lack of YAC. Winston can't seem to hit Djax over 20 yards.

When TV announcers and everyone watching knows on key downs especially red zone Brate is Winstons go to guy,seems Winston needs him.Its a jump ball to Evans, an underthrown or overthrown pass to Djax, but a nice throw on the money to Brate. I'd say Brate had value. He's alternate for this years pro bowl.

Now he seems to have built a nice connection with Godwin. I feel Godwin should be #2 with Djax in the slot. Ala Antonio Brown. Lots of underneath, quick short passes n quick slants, stuff to use his speed in the open field. Guy was a great punt returner at one point. His biggest play was on a slant.Hes our yac guy if we eventually wake up n use him that way. It's what Gruden would do.

Godwin was a reasonably high pick and has proven himself. Only way you part with Brate is if you incorporate Godwin to take his place. We don't run two TE attack like NE did, so it's kind of a waste of OJ Howard.

We made a big commitment grabbing Howard, so let him be the Antonio Gates / Tony Gonzalez he was billed to be.Which is possible even with full receiving corps- see Jackson n Chmura - with Brooks n Freeman.

Idk seems Winstons had his moments with everyone but Djax. However that's due to using him wrong.Its a tough call.

Besides just paragraphing, cleaning up some of the grammar would help even more.

Something like this maybe?

I don't know how Brate needs Winston more than the other way around. Especially seeing as how Evans has had problems with pushing off and lack of YAC and the fact that Winston can't seem to hit Djax on anything over 20 yards.

When the TV announcers and everyone watching knows that, on key downs, especially in the red zone, Brate is Winston’s go to guy, it seems Winston needs him. It’s either a jump ball to Evans, an underthrown or overthrown pass to Djax, or a nice throw, on the money, to Brate. I'd say Brate has value. Plus, he's alternate for this year’s Pro Bowl so it seems that NFL coaches like what he has to offer.

Winston seems to have built a nice connection with Godwin as well. I feel Godwin should be moved to the #2 spot with Djax in the slot, a la Antonio Brown. Lots of underneath, quick, short passes and slants to use Djax’s speed in the open field. Djax was a great punt returner at one point. His biggest play for the Bucs was on a slant. He’s our YAC guy if we ever wake up and use him that way. It's what Gruden would do.

Godwin was a reasonably high pick and has proven himself. Only way you part with Brate is if you incorporate Godwin in such a way as to take his place. We don't run a two TE attack like NE did, so it's kind of a waste of OJ Howard.

Bottom line, we made a big commitment grabbing Howard, so let him be the Antonio Gates /Tony Gonzalez type TE he was billed to be. Which is possible even with a full receiving corps (see Jackson and Chmura - Brooks and Freeman).

If grammar isn't your thing, at least stick with breaking up your thoughts. That does not mean putting them in different posts.
Above all, thanks for your contributions to this topic.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Doctor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:26 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Doctor wrote:Incredible, everything you just said is wrong.

Evans is a hybrid safety, Mike Smith bragged about it all TC. Same with Mathieu. They can both play either position just fine.
Mathieu played all 16 games in 2017 and ended the year having played more snaps than any other player in the NFL.

McCoy missed 23 games in his first five years. Mathieu has missed 16 in his first five. Injuries happen. Should we not have extended McCoy because he "can't stay healthy"?

He's versatile. I'll give you that. But let's not pretend like the guys hasn't torn BOTH ACLs in the last 5 years and had numerous other injuries. He finally had a healthy season. Good on him. But the fact that he has more ACL tears than he does 16 game seasons in the NFL would give 1 reason to be worried if he signed here for a ton of money.

McCoy has had the same number of bicep tears as he has 16 game seasons...

I'm not saying it's a risk free move, it's not. But it's reasonable risk and a heck of a lot of reward.
Doctor

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am

Ryan Jensen Guard Baltimore.
Andrew Norwell Guard Carolina
Kenny Vacarro Safety New Orleans
Weston Richburg Center Giants
Eric Reid Safety 49ers
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby Doctor » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Apparently Reid had three flights canceled as he tried to make it to Tenn. Wow, that's just bad luck. Reid still floating around is ridiculous
Doctor

Previous

Return to Team Discussions