Glazer Family: Koetter to Return in 2018

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Glazer Family: Koetter to Return in 2018

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:04 pm

To my point, getting cute in a losing effort. But what you're saying is you want us to use plays that we'd use once a game?
Bootz2004

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Ken Carson

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:To my point, getting cute in a losing effort. But what you're saying is you want us to use plays that we'd use once a game?

No. I'm saying that we should emulate the Patriots and not be predictable.
Ken Carson

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:18 pm

So again you're talking about having our offense built around trick plays. If you call 2 trick plays as having an unpredictable offense then you're just as casual as I already know you are.
Bootz2004

Postby theBKwhopper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:That doesn't really have anything to with I was saying. He admitted that he calls plays again and again when they're not working, and we all see that this play isn't working, but he continues to call it anyways and Koetter doesn't even know why. Maybe he just gets lost with all the responsibilities he has as a HC. Or, maybe he's just a casual.

Well do you think that if a play doesn't work a coach just throws it out of the playbook all together? Wrong. If they did that teams would be going thru plays like water. BTW Koetter called some outside runs against the Saints on Sunday too...And guess what? THEY WORKED, *****!! Even still you're talking about less than a handful of playcalls that you have a problem with. Overall his body of work is good as a playcaller.

You don't really get it dude. He's made a habit of forcing plays that hadn't been working. He's even annoyed with himself.
theBKwhopper

Postby theBKwhopper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Image

I don't trust our offense to do that.
theBKwhopper

Postby PetePierson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Koetter is just uber conservative. More times than not calling high percentage plays. Problem is execution & having no clue how to adjust.

My problem with DK is he simply doesn't inspire, not a leader of men.
PetePierson

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:28 pm

I just remembered, didn't Leonard Wester catch a TD pass a couple of weeks ago? Let's be very unpredictable and put him at receiver most of the time.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Well do you think that if a play doesn't work a coach just throws it out of the playbook all together? Wrong. If they did that teams would be going thru plays like water. BTW Koetter called some outside runs against the Saints on Sunday too...And guess what? THEY WORKED, *****!! Even still you're talking about less than a handful of playcalls that you have a problem with. Overall his body of work is good as a playcaller.

You don't really get it dude. He's made a habit of forcing plays that hadn't been working. He's even annoyed with himself.

Again you're talking about 2 plays that didn't work in that game.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 pm

PetePierson wrote:Koetter is just uber conservative. More times than not calling high percentage plays. Problem is execution & having no clue how to adjust.

Who are the best coaches in the game today? Belichick? McVay? Are those guys greater leaders of men? Does everyone not remember the big motherfuckin stick?

Koetter's fine, he just needs a run game and a half decent defence...
real bucs fan

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 am

Bootz2004 wrote:So again you're talking about having our offense built around trick plays. If you call 2 trick plays as having an unpredictable offense then you're just as casual as I already know you are.

Only casuals would think the Patriots offense is built around trick plays.
Ken Carson

Postby MJW » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 am

Pro Tip For Some: There's a difference between, "Let's pass out of 13 formation more" or "let's spread the field and run" and "Let's run triple reverse statue of liberty plays every drive!"
MJW

Postby theBKwhopper » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
theBKwhopper wrote:You don't really get it dude. He's made a habit of forcing plays that hadn't been working. He's even annoyed with himself.

Again you're talking about 2 plays that didn't work in that game.

No, I've witnessed throughout the year. He just finally admitted it last week. But, like I said. I liked how he called the Saints game.
theBKwhopper

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:19 am

MJW wrote:Pro Tip For Some: There's a difference between, "Let's pass out of 13 formation more" or "let's spread the field and run" and "Let's run triple reverse statue of liberty plays every drive!"

Even that last one is vanilla compared to the Annexation of Puerto Rico...
real bucs fan

Postby Alpha » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:31 am

Bootz2004 wrote:This tells me changes will be made elsewhere. Mike Smith might be gone or Koetter might be giving up play calling.

That actually doesn't tell you anything other than Koetter has been retained.

Koetter isn't giving that up (documented) and Smith is still around and isn't going anywhere.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Bootzie...believe it or not...YOU are a part of the problem...not the solution.

Dumb-fuck.
Alpha

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:So again you're talking about having our offense built around trick plays. If you call 2 trick plays as having an unpredictable offense then you're just as casual as I already know you are.

Yet you posted 2 trick plays as proof that a good team is "unpredictable".
Bootz2004

Postby Sammich » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:04 am

real bucs fan wrote:
MJW wrote:Pro Tip For Some: There's a difference between, "Let's pass out of 13 formation more" or "let's spread the field and run" and "Let's run triple reverse statue of liberty plays every drive!"

Even that last one is vanilla compared to the Annexation of Puerto Rico...

Has Icebox declared for the draft? She's a beast.
Sammich

Postby Sammich » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 am

So is Koetter too predictable or does he too often go against conventional wisdom and not do what he should do? He's been accused of both and those things are more or less mutually exclusive. If we're going to riot let's make sure we're all on the same page.

You can't accuse somebody of being wrong if you're not giving them the possibility of a correct answer. Catch 22 and all that.
Sammich

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

I posted those because you said good teams 'don't get cute.' Take the L. The Patriots don't just line up and run straight ahead. They use everything from misdirection to tempo to yes, trick plays.

If you'll recall my original post, I referenced running a screen or draw on 2nd and 1, and passing out of heavy sets, as well as running out the spread. Apparently, the casual crowd thinks that kind of play calling is cute.
Ken Carson

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:04 am

Sammich wrote:So is Koetter too predictable or does he too often go against conventional wisdom and not do what he should do? He's been accused of both and those things are more or less mutually exclusive. If we're going to riot let's make sure we're all on the same page.

You can't accuse somebody of being wrong if you're not giving them the possibility of a correct answer. Catch 22 and all that.

I don't think he goes against conventional wisdom very often. I do remember one 3rd and short where he called a deep shot and I stood up and clapped because it was there, Jameis just missed it. But far too often we have gained 8 on first down, only to run for no gain on 2nd and 3rd and then punt.
Ken Carson

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:07 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I posted those because you said good teams 'don't get cute.' Take the L. The Patriots don't just line up and run straight ahead. They use everything from misdirection to tempo to yes, trick plays.

If you'll recall my original post, I referenced running a screen or draw on 2nd and 1, and passing out of heavy sets, as well as running out the spread. Apparently, the casual crowd thinks that kind of play calling is cute.

You're saying they never just line up and run straight. You're completely wrong. Again you're talking about 2 trick plays and calling them an unpredictable offense. And again that's not what their offense is built around. No offense is built around trick plays. So do better than showing 2 plays from the same game.

As far as screens on 2nd and 1 I don't know if we have bit I'm sure we have done so. Passing out of heavy sets? Yes we have. How do you think Leonard Wester got a TD? Was that predictable to You?
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:08 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Sammich wrote:So is Koetter too predictable or does he too often go against conventional wisdom and not do what he should do? He's been accused of both and those things are more or less mutually exclusive. If we're going to riot let's make sure we're all on the same page.

I don't think he goes against conventional wisdom very often. I do remember one 3rd and short where he called a deep shot and I stood up and clapped because it was there, Jameis just missed it. But far too often we have gained 8 on first down, only to run for no gain on 2nd and 3rd and then punt.

Seeing as we finished 4th in 3rd down conversion, what you're saying happens "far too often" doesn't happen as much as you're implying. But the fact that you clapped on a play that wasn't executed is just an example of you wanting your own agenda met on the field no matter what happens.
Last edited by Bootz2004 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:09 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I posted those because you said good teams 'don't get cute.' Take the L. The Patriots don't just line up and run straight ahead. They use everything from misdirection to tempo to yes, trick plays.

You're saying they never just line up and run straight. You're completely wrong. Again you're talking about 2 trick plays and calling them an unpredictable offense. And again that's not what their offense is built around. No offense is built around trick plays. So do better than showing 2 plays from the same game.

As far as screens on 2nd and 1 I don't know if we have bit I'm sure we have done so. Passing out of heavy sets? Yes we have. How do you think Leonard Wester got a TD? Was that predictable to You?

Two plays from the Pats don't prove anything. But one from the Bucs? Everything.
NYBF

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 am

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Two plays from the Pats don't prove anything. But one from the Bucs? Everything.

It doesn't prove anything and I never said it did. Either provide something to the conversation or gofuck yourself, *****.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
NYBF wrote:

It doesn't prove anything and I never said it did. Either provide something to the conversation or gofuck yourself, *****.

Link?
NYBF

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:15 am

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Link?

Just like I thought. You can go now. I'm done with you.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:27 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
NYBF wrote:
Link?

Just like I thought. You can go now. I'm done with you.

:monkeypiss:
NYBF

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:22 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
PetePierson wrote:Koetter is just uber conservative. More times than not calling high percentage plays. Problem is execution & having no clue how to adjust.

Who are the best coaches in the game today? Belichick? McVay? Are those guys greater leaders of men? Does everyone not remember the big motherfuckin stick?

You don't think Belichick commands any room he walks into at the facility? You don't think the Rams love playing for McVay (and don't think he's one of best coaches)?
PetePierson

Postby real bucs fan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:16 pm

PetePierson wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Who are the best coaches in the game today? Belichick? McVay? Are those guys greater leaders of men? Does everyone not remember the big motherfuckin stick?

You don't think Belichick commands any room he walks into at the facility? You don't think the Rams love playing for McVay (and don't think he's one of best coaches)?

Belichick didn't have that aura till he won those rings. McVay this year is no more loved than Koetter last year.
real bucs fan

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:15 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Belichick didn't have that aura till he won those rings. McVay this year is no more loved than Koetter last year.

Yeah, those rings Billy won as a Coordinator meant nothing.

Clearly you are related to DK. The guy is a joke but the Yucks are stuck with him. Especially with so many openings this post season.
PetePierson

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions