Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this season?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Caradoc » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Cheb wrote:I'm not alone when I say that I expected a playoff-caliber team. The suck has been a team effort. I am encouraged that our losses have been, by and large, close against good competition.

I did not expect Baker to be this bad. He is a cautionary tale showing that you can't treat practice like a joke and be good on Sundays unless you are a generational talent. He acts like he's arrived, and plays like a street free agent. He's had a few good run stops, but by and large his play is pedestrian. McDonald has outperforming him in every aspect this season.


And look who allowed him to treat practice like a joke - his Head Coach. They even joked about it on hard knocks.

Last year, Koetter talked about a "winning culture" and said he doesn't know how to describe it but he knows when he sees it. Frankly, that should have been a giant red flag. If you don't have an idea how to create a winning culture, you shouldn't be the guy tasked with doing so.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Caradoc wrote:And look who allowed him to treat practice like a joke - his Head Coach. They even joked about it on hard knocks.


I was skeptical of Koetter, and my skepticism has only grown. The team looks mostly unprepared and undisciplined. That goes on the HC.

Also, this was something that was joked about on "Hard Knocks"? I didn't watch it. Can you elaborate?
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Agent Orange » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:53 pm

The answer is Winston. Winston is by far the biggest disappointment. I could put together an 80’s style nfl bloopers tape on just him this season. There are other disappointments but Winston is the clear choice.
Agent Orange
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:10 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:24 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:
Caradoc wrote:And look who allowed him to treat practice like a joke - his Head Coach. They even joked about it on hard knocks.


I was skeptical of Koetter, and my skepticism has only grown. The team looks mostly unprepared and undisciplined. That goes on the HC.

Also, this was something that was joked about on "Hard Knocks"? I didn't watch it. Can you elaborate?


I think he is referring to the team openly joking about how lazy Baker was. It was something of a running joke on the team.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 6399
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby UbuntuBuc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:04 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
DanTurksGhost wrote:
I was skeptical of Koetter, and my skepticism has only grown. The team looks mostly unprepared and undisciplined. That goes on the HC.

Also, this was something that was joked about on "Hard Knocks"? I didn't watch it. Can you elaborate?


I think he is referring to the team openly joking about how lazy Baker was. It was something of a running joke on the team.


That is not good at all. Guys like that cause decay on a team. If Baker was being lazy then he should have gotten a boot to the head.

Image
User avatar
UbuntuBuc
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby DanTurksGhost » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Glad to see some players got into it with him after the game. We don't need attitudes like that around here. They can cut him and send him packing this offseason and improve the team spirit. I'm ashamed that I was pleased with this signing when it happened.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:38 pm

I don't think he is the biggest disappointment, but I'll throw a dishonorable mention out there since everyone has already listed off the guys higher on my list. But what about Mike Evans? He's supposed to be a top 5 WR in the NFL, a perennial Pro Bowler and dominant #1 WR. But he just had his first 100 yard game of the season in Week 16 and could potentially fail to top 1,000 yards for the first time in his career and if he does top it, he wouldn't be doing it by much. I'm not saying cut the guy or anything, but we needed WAY more from him than that. It's also especially not good for Mike because he's playing for a big contract extension, as a 1st round pick the Bucs will have him under his rookie contract next year for his 5th season but it's time for him to get paid and he's not playing like a guy who should be paid as a #1 WR.
Miller4Prez64
 
Posts: 2893
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby theBKwhopper » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:I don't think he is the biggest disappointment, but I'll throw a dishonorable mention out there since everyone has already listed off the guys higher on my list. But what about Mike Evans? He's supposed to be a top 5 WR in the NFL, a perennial Pro Bowler and dominant #1 WR. But he just had his first 100 yard game of the season in Week 16 and could potentially fail to top 1,000 yards for the first time in his career and if he does top it, he wouldn't be doing it by much. I'm not saying cut the guy or anything, but we needed WAY more from him than that. It's also especially not good for Mike because he's playing for a big contract extension, as a 1st round pick the Bucs will have him under his rookie contract next year for his 5th season but it's time for him to get paid and he's not playing like a guy who should be paid as a #1 WR.

I did mention him. The only reason I'm not being as harsh on him is because some of it isn't on him. Like when Fitzpatrick had to start. That threw things for a loop. However, he was suspended a game for having ZERO self control.

Things just haven't been working this year. Players were bound to have slumps.
User avatar
theBKwhopper
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 pm

I think Evans' season has been a little overblown as being "bad". Has it been disappointing? For sure. But he's 15th in the NFL in yards, 13th in targets. Guys like Antonio Brown and DeAndre Hopkins are operating with 162 and 176 targets, Evans has 122. TDs for WRs are pretty volatile year to year, Julio Jones had 3 this season, with more targets and receptions than Evans.

I think the last two games have shown that he's still capable of dominating. Unfortunately, our passing game additions did nothing to help him, it seems that it was more effective just to bombard Evans with targets.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Sunday was Evans 1st 100 yard receiving game this year and he did it on just 8 targets.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 19665
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 412 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Sunday was Evans 1st 100 yard receiving game this year and he did it on just 8 targets.


Yep. I think “good Winston” is the difference.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 6399
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Deuce » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Sunday was Evans 1st 100 yard receiving game this year and he did it on just 8 targets.


I don't really get this whole "first 100 yard game" thing. He's had yardage totals of 95, 93, 92, and 88 this year. Do we get bonus points if a receiver has 100 yards or something?

In our first game of the season, he had 7 for 93 and a TD. Give me that over 6 for 107 any day.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby selmon63 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:39 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:Glad to see some players got into it with him after the game. We don't need attitudes like that around here. They can cut him and send him packing this offseason and improve the team spirit. I'm ashamed that I was pleased with this signing when it happened.

You weren't the only one who thought Baker paired with McCoy could be a force, I was of the same mindset.

Players the ilk of Baker are cancerous, their attitude and negative habilts can spread. There are a couple of intruiging defensive tackles in the upcoming draft that could make a huge difference on the interior line play and rush.
selmon63
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:39 pm

selmon63 wrote:
DanTurksGhost wrote:Glad to see some players got into it with him after the game. We don't need attitudes like that around here. They can cut him and send him packing this offseason and improve the team spirit. I'm ashamed that I was pleased with this signing when it happened.

You weren't the only one who thought Baker paired with McCoy could be a force, I was of the same mindset.

Players the ilk of Baker are cancerous, their attitude and negative habilts can spread. There are a couple of intruiging defensive tackles in the upcoming draft that could make a huge difference on the interior line play and rush.

Yeah, DT's are not getting a lot of attention this year.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 9426
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 507 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
selmon63 wrote:You weren't the only one who thought Baker paired with McCoy could be a force, I was of the same mindset.

Players the ilk of Baker are cancerous, their attitude and negative habilts can spread. There are a couple of intruiging defensive tackles in the upcoming draft that could make a huge difference on the interior line play and rush.

Yeah, DT's are not getting a lot of attention this year.


Vita Vea is interesting DT ... people comparing him to Haloti . 6-5 330 lbs .
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 2659
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Which Bucs player is the biggest disappointment this sea

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:08 pm

I'd have to say it's a toss up between VHIII and Noah Spence.If a guy can't stay on the field that's part of what could be a long lasting problem. Considering how high he was picked and our desperate need of his pass rush. I think both him n VH3 were big reasons the pass d struggled. Baker was never a sack guy and didn't find him to be some huge signing. He was just to be a little extra depth at the DT position. Numbers were never eye popping.Also considering how well Clinton McDonald played considering his role. I don't think Baker was missed much. Of course his offsides in week 16 on 4th down summed up his contributions for the year.
LavonteDavid54
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:52 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Previous

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CamCam, MikeC, Miller4Prez64, Swashy and 17 guests

cron