Better young QB’s than Winston?

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Which QB would you trade Winston to get?

None...I’m keeping Winston
48%
Carson Wentz
17%
Russell Wilson
21%
Derek Carr
No votes
Dak Prescott
No votes
Deshaun Watson
7%
Jared Goff
3%
Marcus Mariota
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: Better young QB’s than Winston?

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:42 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:These threads are so reactionary. Tonight Winston was who he can be when he's consistent. He was sharp tonight and avoided the mistake(s).

It's been a rough year, but Jameis is the biggest part of whatever the solution will be moving forward.

Of course it’s reactionary. I’m curious if opinions have changed at all.
PrimeMinister

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:48 pm

mdb1958

Postby Nano » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Don't think Brandt is a fan of Winston lol

Damn, 3 spots away from the non-franchise QB list and only above Trubisky and Brissett
Nano

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Nano wrote:Don't think Brandt is a fan of Winston lol

Damn, 3 spots away from the non-franchise QB list and only above Trubisky and Brissett

His logic behind JW and MM is pretty funny. MM would be better with better coaching/offense and JW may not be good because he doesn't take coaching.

Honestly looking at JWs stats to the others makes me realize he's not having a complete melt down season
Noles1724

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
Nano wrote:Don't think Brandt is a fan of Winston lol

His logic behind JW and MM is pretty funny. MM would be better with better coaching/offense and JW may not be good because he doesn't take coaching.

Honestly looking at JWs stats to the others makes me realize he's not having a complete melt down season

Watching these guys play, Jameis is tasked with doing more than all of them and is in a more complex offense. Looking at his numbers his completion percentage is higher than all except Jimmy G, who's only played 4 games. This despite increasing his yards per attempt from last year as well as his yards per completion. His numbers are what you want a franchise QB to be.
Bootz2004

Postby sanka » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 pm

mdb1958 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000896059/article/carson-wentz-jared-goff-among-top-young-qbs-to-build-around

This bullshit article lost major credibility after ranking Goff second..seriously? Gurley is having a better season that Goff...Wentz deserves the top spot followed by Deshuan Watson right now....the rest are up in the air. You cannot judge young QBs after few seasons...The article also failed to mention Derek Carr who was in the running for Mvp last year and is under 28...this is why you don't judge QBs early...Garopollo beats the Bears, Texans and Titans and all of a sudden he is a stud :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Then he ranked Mariota over Winston at #4 when Winston who has played only 9 full games this season has better stats than Mariota who played 4 more games....and he blames the coaches but puts the blame on Winston...and his only reason for that is that he loves Mariota..yea most people do including JasonB...but he is not better than Winston.

And Blake Bortles well ...winning cures a lot of things.
sanka

Postby MJW » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:18 pm

sanka wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000896059/article/carson-wentz-jared-goff-among-top-young-qbs-to-build-around

This bullshit article lost major credibility after ranking Goff second..seriously? Gurley is having a better season that Goff...Wentz deserves the top spot followed by Deshuan Watson....the rest are up in the air. You cannot judge young QBs after few seasons...The article also failed to mention Derek Carr who was in the running for Mvp last year and is under 28...this is why you don't judge QBs early...Garopollo beats the Bears, Texans and Titans and all of a sudden he is a stud :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Then he ranked Mariota over Winston at #4 when Winston who has played only 9 full games this season has better stats than Mariota who played 4 more games....and he blames the coaches but puts the blame on Winston...and his only reason for that is that he loves Mariota..yea most people do including JasonB...but he is not better than Winston.

The only thing I'd really take issue with is the idea that Jimmy G. isn't a stud. Bill Belichick was ready to give him franchise quarterback money to be the backup for a few more years and then take over. Jimmy G. refused because he didn't want to sit on the bench anymore. That's why they dealt him. And so far, he's been exactly what he's supposed to be. He has the 2nd highest QB rating in NFL history right now (minimum 200 pass attempts) and he's 3-0 for a team that was 1-10 when he got there.
MJW

Postby sanka » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:27 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:This bullshit article lost major credibility after ranking Goff second..seriously? Gurley is having a better season that Goff...Wentz deserves the top spot followed by Deshuan Watson....the rest are up in the air. You cannot judge young QBs after few seasons...The article also failed to mention Derek Carr who was in the running for Mvp last year and is under 28...this is why you don't judge QBs early...Garopollo beats the Bears, Texans and Titans and all of a sudden he is a stud :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Then he ranked Mariota over Winston at #4 when Winston who has played only 9 full games this season has better stats than Mariota who played 4 more games....and he blames the coaches but puts the blame on Winston...and his only reason for that is that he loves Mariota..yea most people do including JasonB...but he is not better than Winston.

The only thing I'd really take issue with is the idea that Jimmy G. isn't a stud. Bill Belichick was ready to give him franchise quarterback money to be the backup for a few more years and then take over. Jimmy G. refused because he didn't want to sit on the bench anymore. That's why they dealt him. And so far, he's been exactly what he's supposed to be. He has the 2nd highest QB rating in NFL history right now (minimum 200 pass attempts) and he's 3-0 for a team that was 1-10 when he got there.

It's the Belichick system we talking about here and he doesn't have a good track record in terms of backup QBs apart from Bledsoe to Brady. Well let's see him against the NFL best D this coming Sunday, they are not exactly your Bears', Titans' or Colts' D.
sanka

Postby MJW » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:36 pm

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:

It's the Belichick system we talking about here and he doesn't have a good track record in terms of backup QBs apart from Bledsoe to Brady. Well let's see him against the NFL best D this coming Sunday, they are not exactly your Bears', Titans' or Colts' D.

He'll be fine. If he was just a system product, Belichick wouldn't have tried to give him big bucks to be the backup so he'd stick around a few more years. Brissett? HE was a system product. I've watched 2 of Jimmy G.'s starts in San Fran and come away really impressed. He already scans the field as well as anybody, and he can throw strikes with a rusher in his face. If they get him some playmakers this offseason look out.
MJW

Postby Doctor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:16 am

sanka wrote:

This bullshit article lost major credibility after ranking Goff second..seriously? Gurley is having a better season that Goff...Wentz deserves the top spot followed by Deshuan Watson right now....the rest are up in the air. You cannot judge young QBs after few seasons...The article also failed to mention Derek Carr who was in the running for Mvp last year and is under 28...this is why you don't judge QBs early...Garopollo beats the Bears, Texans and Titans and all of a sudden he is a stud :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Then he ranked Mariota over Winston at #4 when Winston who has played only 9 full games this season has better stats than Mariota who played 4 more games....and he blames the coaches but puts the blame on Winston...and his only reason for that is that he loves Mariota..yea most people do including JasonB...but he is not better than Winston.

That's the way it goes. The mythical "darling QB" is ever shifting from person to person.
Crazy how a great RB can make a QB look though right? Hmmm....
Doctor

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:50 am

Doctor wrote:
sanka wrote:This bullshit article lost major credibility after ranking Goff second..seriously? Gurley is having a better season that Goff...Wentz deserves the top spot followed by Deshuan Watson right now....the rest are up in the air. You cannot judge young QBs after few seasons...The article also failed to mention Derek Carr who was in the running for Mvp last year and is under 28...this is why you don't judge QBs early...Garopollo beats the Bears, Texans and Titans and all of a sudden he is a stud :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Then he ranked Mariota over Winston at #4 when Winston who has played only 9 full games this season has better stats than Mariota who played 4 more games....and he blames the coaches but puts the blame on Winston...and his only reason for that is that he loves Mariota..yea most people do including JasonB...but he is not better than Winston.

That's the way it goes. The mythical "darling QB" is ever shifting from person to person.
Crazy how a great RB can make a QB look though right? Hmmm....

Nice post Dalvin Cook
Noles1724

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:This bullshit article lost major credibility after ranking Goff second..seriously? Gurley is having a better season that Goff...Wentz deserves the top spot followed by Deshuan Watson....the rest are up in the air. You cannot judge young QBs after few seasons...The article also failed to mention Derek Carr who was in the running for Mvp last year and is under 28...this is why you don't judge QBs early...Garopollo beats the Bears, Texans and Titans and all of a sudden he is a stud :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Then he ranked Mariota over Winston at #4 when Winston who has played only 9 full games this season has better stats than Mariota who played 4 more games....and he blames the coaches but puts the blame on Winston...and his only reason for that is that he loves Mariota..yea most people do including JasonB...but he is not better than Winston.

I saw on nfl network the way Jimmy G. Operates. This dude has "IT"! The way he leads his team (and I am talking every aspect of it), is very impressive. He was telling his receivers how to contort/position their body in order to get open and get more yac yards. And what he told them worked perfectly. His mechanics are perfect. Honestly, his manerisms are a carbon copy of Brady's. And the thing is, he has a bit more athleticism which is a plus.

This dude is another coach on the field and I can EASILY see why the Pats wanted to Francise him even though he is a back up. On the flip side, I can EASILY see why he refuse. This dude knows his worth! This may sound crazy, but I foresee Jimmy G. being the next great qb in the nfl. And when I say great, I am talking Brady, Rodgers, Manning great!
bahamian:bucfan

Postby sanka » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:53 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:

He'll be fine. If he was just a system product, Belichick wouldn't have tried to give him big bucks to be the backup so he'd stick around a few more years. Brissett? HE was a system product. I've watched 2 of Jimmy G.'s starts in San Fran and come away really impressed. He already scans the field as well as anybody, and he can throw strikes with a rusher in his face. If they get him some playmakers this offseason look out.

Damn Mademoiselle you are right...but I hate the quick label of franchise Qb they give this young kids...here is another kid for the media to hype up.
sanka

Postby sanka » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:57 pm

And well....Blake Bortles lol lol lol...
sanka

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Who chose Goff?
PrimeMinister

Postby sanka » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:48 pm

Maryjane how would you analyze Derek Carr this season? Regression?

Titans fans are already calling for Mariota to go back to Hawaii....some fans on here want Winston gone.
sanka

Postby Agent Orange » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Each and every one of them. If I had to pick one it would be Watson.
Agent Orange

Postby sanka » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:56 pm

Agent Orange wrote:Each and every one of them. If I had to pick one it would be Watson.

Watson was great this season....playing 7 games and throwing for 19tds.

But people need to quick to judge these kiddos as Bootz will say so early. If this poll was made last season many people will say Derek Carr.
sanka

Postby Noles1724 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:23 am

sanka wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:Each and every one of them. If I had to pick one it would be Watson.

But people need to quick to judge these kiddos as Bootz will say so early. If this poll was made last season many people will say Derek Carr.

Carr was the golden child going into this year. He looked good awful tonight, even scared of the pocket it seemed.
Noles1724

Postby Agent Orange » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:43 am

sanka wrote:

I like Watson’s play in college and to start his rookie year. I also really like his character. To be honest though I like Carr’s character. Watson will be fun to watch if he can stay healthy. It came down to Watson and Wentz for me. We will have to see how it goes but at this point the whole list is a better option than Jameis.
Agent Orange

Postby sanka » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:49 am

Agent Orange wrote:
sanka wrote:Watson was great this season....playing 7 games and throwing for 19tds.

I like Watson’s play in college and to start his rookie year. I also really like his character. To be honest though I like Carr’s character. Watson will be fun to watch if he can stay healthy. It came down to Watson and Wentz for me. We will have to see how it goes but at this point the whole list is a better option than Jameis.

Well, you can easily change to Texans or a Eagles fan.
sanka

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
sanka wrote:Watson was great this season....playing 7 games and throwing for 19tds.

Carr was the golden child going into this year. He looked good awful tonight, even scared of the pocket it seemed.

Derek Carr looks the same to me as he always has in the NFL. He really just isn't as lucky as he was last year. The difference is Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree haven't played well at all this year. Those 2 guys balled out and bailed Carr out a ton in the past. This year not so much. Carr isn't horrible. He's not great. He's always been an above average QB with a somewhat high floor but very limited ceiling.
Bootz2004

Postby Kress » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:57 pm

These conversations are always great. The quarterback is the man, until his line doesn't block, his receivers drop balls, his running back sucks, and his defense puts him in bad field position and has him playing from behind. And also the coach calls bad plays.
Kress

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Anyone have opinions on Goff's performance from last night?
Ken Carson

Postby Caradoc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Anyone have opinions on Goff's performance from last night?

looking in his eyes and there's nothing there. Nothing going on. Like he's just an observer going along for a ride in his own body. Still want to know who voted for him
Caradoc

Postby PetePierson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Agreed. This will be one of Goff's best seasons. Just looks and feels asleep behind the wheel.
PetePierson

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Anyone have opinions on Goff's performance from last night?

It was his usual bad performance. When he does well he gets the ball out to receivers in space so they can get YAC. But when his receivers are challenged like they were yesterday and it throws his timing off he goes into a shell. He’s unable to recognize all of these things presnap or as a play develops. If read 1 or 2 isn’t there, it’s dead.
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:49 pm

How long would you give Goff to improve before drafting his replacement?
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:51 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:How long would you give Goff to improve before drafting his replacement?

Another 2 years at the least. He’s not a lost cause. Just needs work.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Goff is the youngest QB in the league and threw 28 TDs to 7 picks. He's fine.
real bucs fan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions