Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:35 am

Caradoc wrote:Saint Jameis would NEVER be anything less than 100% respectful to women! Clearly this is a waste of time. Not the least possibility this could ever possibly be true.


yeah , no chance of anything happening in the future either
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 5041
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 am

MJW wrote:Maybe they didn't want to keep this story on the front page during the moneymaking portion of their year? Maybe that?

Are you saying that by just interviewing Darby the NFL would be forced to put this story on the front page? I certainly thinks it possible for the NFL investigator to interview Darby without making a press release about it.
MJW wrote:Concluding that because they haven't talked to, as you put it, "the only witness," means they're not taking the charges seriously is really stupid.

Is Darby not the only witness we know of? I never stated the league is not "taking the charges seriously", so I'm not sure what that comment is in regards to.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 am

If your reason for not interviewing a witness to a possible sexual assault is you didn't want to have it on the front page during your money making part of the year, then you truly don't take it seriously. That's a form of enabling. "Oh we'll talk about this later". Again I'm shocked a woman would say this honestly.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby MJW » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:16 am

Bootz2004 wrote:If your reason for not interviewing a witness to a possible sexual assault is you didn't want to have it on the front page during your money making part of the year, then you truly don't take it seriously. That's a form of enabling. "Oh we'll talk about this later". Again I'm shocked a woman would say this honestly.


You should sit this thread out, Champ. You broke the stupid ceiling on the last page.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby MJW » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 am

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:Maybe they didn't want to keep this story on the front page during the moneymaking portion of their year? Maybe that?

Are you saying that by just interviewing Darby the NFL would be forced to put this story on the front page? I certainly thinks it possible for the NFL investigator to interview Darby without making a press release about it.
MJW wrote:Concluding that because they haven't talked to, as you put it, "the only witness," means they're not taking the charges seriously is really stupid.

Is Darby not the only witness we know of? I never stated the league is not "taking the charges seriously", so I'm not sure what that comment is in regards to.


I'm saying that the NFL not deciding to actively investigate during the season is probably good business, all things being equal. Or maybe they've just been busy. Or maybe they want to know exactly what they're going to ask Darby before they talk to him.

The other comment wasn't directed at you, but at people making that stupid point on the previous page. The NFL spent two years investigating a deflated football. Anybody who thought they were going to expedite a sexual assault case involving a high profile quarterback isn't paying attention.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Rocker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:26 am

I can’t believe that a woman would say that.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:29 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Are you saying that by just interviewing Darby the NFL would be forced to put this story on the front page? I certainly thinks it possible for the NFL investigator to interview Darby without making a press release about it.

Is Darby not the only witness we know of? I never stated the league is not "taking the charges seriously", so I'm not sure what that comment is in regards to.


I'm saying that the NFL not deciding to actively investigate during the season is probably good business, all things being equal. Or maybe they've just been busy. Or maybe they want to know exactly what they're going to ask Darby before they talk to him.

The other comment wasn't directed at you, but at people making that stupid point on the previous page. The NFL spent two years investigating a deflated football. Anybody who thought they were going to expedite a sexual assault case involving a high profile quarterback isn't paying attention.


what...? :| how does that make any sense?

If you, MJW, felt there was even a shred of possibility that Jameis is guilty, how could you possibly justify or defend the NFL not investigating this because it's their moneymaking time of year? Wouldn't that outrage you? Or are you just offering an explanation and not defending? It seems like you're defending their line of thought, but I could be misinterpreting you
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:53 am

beardmcdoug wrote:If you, MJW, felt there was even a shred of possibility that Jameis is guilty,


She's already decided he's guilty. Mostly because he was hanging out with his friend that he always hangs out with.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6456
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 530 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Are you saying that by just interviewing Darby the NFL would be forced to put this story on the front page? I certainly thinks it possible for the NFL investigator to interview Darby without making a press release about it.

Is Darby not the only witness we know of? I never stated the league is not "taking the charges seriously", so I'm not sure what that comment is in regards to.


I'm saying that the NFL not deciding to actively investigate during the season is probably good business, all things being equal. Or maybe they've just been busy. Or maybe they want to know exactly what they're going to ask Darby before they talk to him.

The other comment wasn't directed at you, but at people making that stupid point on the previous page. The NFL spent two years investigating a deflated football. Anybody who thought they were going to expedite a sexual assault case involving a high profile quarterback isn't paying attention.


Fair enough, But we are 3 months removed from when the announcement of the investigation was made by the NFL and I just do NOT think that the NFL investigator at least initially interviewing Darby (who is the only other person we know of that claims to of been in that car) by now equates to "expediting" the case. I'm not saying the investigation should be complete, just that not even requesting to contact/interview a key witness is odd (to me) at this point.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:29 am

Caradoc wrote:Saint Jameis would NEVER be anything less than 100% respectful to women! Clearly this is a waste of time. Not the least possibility this could ever possibly be true.


I'm sensing sarcasm here.

I'd imagine you're referring to the fact that JW gave Kinsman a ride home on his moped without supplying a helmet?
Image
Noles1724
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
MJW wrote:
I'm saying that the NFL not deciding to actively investigate during the season is probably good business, all things being equal. Or maybe they've just been busy. Or maybe they want to know exactly what they're going to ask Darby before they talk to him.

The other comment wasn't directed at you, but at people making that stupid point on the previous page. The NFL spent two years investigating a deflated football. Anybody who thought they were going to expedite a sexual assault case involving a high profile quarterback isn't paying attention.


what...? :| how does that make any sense?

If you, MJW, felt there was even a shred of possibility that Jameis is guilty, how could you possibly justify or defend the NFL not investigating this because it's their moneymaking time of year? Wouldn't that outrage you? Or are you just offering an explanation and not defending? It seems like you're defending their line of thought, but I could be misinterpreting you


It sounds like she is explaining. Their was a report months ago that NFL was not going to touch this investigation until the offseason so not sure why this is a surprise. There was also other reports (speculation) that the reason for the delay was the NFL not wanting sexual assault headlines during the playoffs since Darby (and maybe the third player) plays on a playoff team.

If the league is trying to avoid “NFL QB may have sexually assaulted woman” and “Super Bowl CB helped QB cover up sexual assault” headlines right now it’s working. Can you imagine Super Bowl media day if the NFL were actively investigating this? This would be the only subject a majority of people care about and would dominate Media Day. As it stands now google news shows only one news report referring to this investigation and Darby. Our little board is for now the place most interested in this case and it’s in the interest of the NFL to keep it that was until the playoffs are done.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9012
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 pm

PrimeMinister wrote: Their was a report months ago that NFL was not going to touch this investigation until the offseason.


That is relevant and I was not aware. Do you have a link?
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote: Their was a report months ago that NFL was not going to touch this investigation until the offseason.


That is relevant and I was not aware. Do you have a link?


Found the link. I was off. The report says the NFL started the investigation but it would not be completed before the offseason. As you can see from the report the NFL spoke with one person and planned no further discussions at that point. It doesn’t sound like the NFL ever planned finish or seriously pursue this until the offseason.

The investigation is not expected to be wrapped up by the end of this season, according to a source. Winston's case could hang over the upcoming NFL offseason similar to how Ezekiel Elliott's case extended through this past NFL offseason.

The NFL's conversation with Trescastro was more introductory and exploratory, as the league explained how it is going to be looking into the accusation that Winston groped a female Uber driver in Arizona on March 13, 2016. There are no further talks planned at this time, but the investigation will continue.

The driver has hired attorney John Clune, who also represented the Florida State student who accused Winston of sexual assault in 2012.

Clune has asked the NFL to also investigate a claim made by Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby, a college teammate of Winston's who released a statement last Sunday saying that the Buccaneers quarterback did nothing inappropriate with the driver.

Clune tweeted that he has demanded that Darby "immediately turn his phone over to the NFL so the GPS history can be forensically examined."....

Police in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona, told ESPN's Jenna Laine earlier this month that they were not contacted at the time about any incidents involving Winston and an Uber driver.


http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2156 ... estigation
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9012
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby sanka » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:03 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
MJW wrote:
I'm saying that the NFL not deciding to actively investigate during the season is probably good business, all things being equal. Or maybe they've just been busy. Or maybe they want to know exactly what they're going to ask Darby before they talk to him.

The other comment wasn't directed at you, but at people making that stupid point on the previous page. The NFL spent two years investigating a deflated football. Anybody who thought they were going to expedite a sexual assault case involving a high profile quarterback isn't paying attention.


what...? :| how does that make any sense?

If you, MJW, felt there was even a shred of possibility that Jameis is guilty, how could you possibly justify or defend the NFL not investigating this because it's their moneymaking time of year? Wouldn't that outrage you? Or are you just offering an explanation and not defending? It seems like you're defending their line of thought, but I could be misinterpreting you

You are talking to a feminist....
Last edited by sanka on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Sammich » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:14 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
MJW wrote:
I'm saying that the NFL not deciding to actively investigate during the season is probably good business, all things being equal. Or maybe they've just been busy. Or maybe they want to know exactly what they're going to ask Darby before they talk to him.

The other comment wasn't directed at you, but at people making that stupid point on the previous page. The NFL spent two years investigating a deflated football. Anybody who thought they were going to expedite a sexual assault case involving a high profile quarterback isn't paying attention.


what...? :| how does that make any sense?

If you, MJW, felt there was even a shred of possibility that Jameis is guilty, how could you possibly justify or defend the NFL not investigating this because it's their moneymaking time of year? Wouldn't that outrage you? Or are you just offering an explanation and not defending? It seems like you're defending their line of thought, but I could be misinterpreting you


Explaining somebody's reasoning does not mean you agree with it. I could explain why my buddy puts ranch on his wings, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's nasty.
Sammich
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:52 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Sammich wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
what...? :| how does that make any sense?

If you, MJW, felt there was even a shred of possibility that Jameis is guilty, how could you possibly justify or defend the NFL not investigating this because it's their moneymaking time of year? Wouldn't that outrage you? Or are you just offering an explanation and not defending? It seems like you're defending their line of thought, but I could be misinterpreting you


Explaining somebody's reasoning does not mean you agree with it. I could explain why my buddy puts ranch on his wings, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's nasty.


Exactly. Your buddy has it right btw.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9012
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby MJW » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
MJW wrote:
I'm saying that the NFL not deciding to actively investigate during the season is probably good business, all things being equal. Or maybe they've just been busy. Or maybe they want to know exactly what they're going to ask Darby before they talk to him.

The other comment wasn't directed at you, but at people making that stupid point on the previous page. The NFL spent two years investigating a deflated football. Anybody who thought they were going to expedite a sexual assault case involving a high profile quarterback isn't paying attention.


Fair enough, But we are 3 months removed from when the announcement of the investigation was made by the NFL and I just do NOT think that the NFL investigator at least initially interviewing Darby (who is the only other person we know of that claims to of been in that car) by now equates to "expediting" the case. I'm not saying the investigation should be complete, just that not even requesting to contact/interview a key witness is odd (to me) at this point.


As I said earlier...it took the NFL TWO YEARS to investigate a deflated football. Not because it wasn't "important" to them. It led to the GOAT getting a four game suspension. Because they take a long-ass time with these things. It's your time frame that was unrealistic. Nothing else has changed.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:54 pm

Simple question MJW. Are you suggesting that an employer should take the same level of urgency for possible deflated footballs as they should for possible sexual assault?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Super K » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:10 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Sammich wrote:
Explaining somebody's reasoning does not mean you agree with it. I could explain why my buddy puts ranch on his wings, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's nasty.


Exactly. Your buddy has it right btw.


Ranch is for the kids and their popcorn chix, blue cheese is for the adults..
User avatar
Super K
 
Posts: 7773
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm

Super K wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Exactly. Your buddy has it right btw.


Ranch is for the kids and their popcorn chix, blue cheese is for the adults..


I'm with Sammich here and then some. BOTH are nasty. Then again, being vegan I don't **** with either anyway.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:
Ranch is for the kids and their popcorn chix, blue cheese is for the adults..


I'm with Sammich here and then some. BOTH are nasty. Then again, being vegan I don't **** with either anyway.


Giving a **** about a vegan's chicken wing dipping sauce opinion is like giving a **** what kind of oil an Amish thinks I should use in my car.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6456
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 530 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Simple question MJW. Are you suggesting that an employer should take the same level of urgency for possible deflated footballs as they should for possible sexual assault?


What you and I think about it is irrelevant. This is how the NFL operates - on their own timetable. There is no right to a speedy trial. None of this is news. None of this should indicate to anyone they aren't taking the accusations seriously. Unless their hand is forced, like with the Ray Rice video, they tend to drag these investigations out. It makes sense for a lot of different reasons from their end.

But since you asked, no, I don't like it a bit.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:08 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Simple question MJW. Are you suggesting that an employer should take the same level of urgency for possible deflated footballs as they should for possible sexual assault?


What you and I think about it is irrelevant. This is how the NFL operates - on their own timetable. There is no right to a speedy trial. None of this is news. None of this should indicate to anyone they aren't taking the accusations seriously. Unless their hand is forced, like with the Ray Rice video, they tend to drag these investigations out. It makes sense for a lot of different reasons from their end.

But since you asked, no, I don't like it a bit.


Tells me all I need to know. Thanks, *****.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby MJW » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:
What you and I think about it is irrelevant. This is how the NFL operates - on their own timetable. There is no right to a speedy trial. None of this is news. None of this should indicate to anyone they aren't taking the accusations seriously. Unless their hand is forced, like with the Ray Rice video, they tend to drag these investigations out. It makes sense for a lot of different reasons from their end.

But since you asked, no, I don't like it a bit.


Tells me all I need to know. Thanks, *****.


You're welcome, junior.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 9224
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby sanka » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 am

I still don't know why this bitch came out now...if she's not seeking money or anything else. ...to get him suspended? Bunch of nonsense.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Caradoc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:24 am

sanka wrote:I still don't know why this bitch came out now...if she's not seeking money or anything else. ...to get him suspended? Bunch of nonsense.



Yeah, how dare she!
Caradoc
 
Posts: 5116
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:41 am

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
I'm with Sammich here and then some. BOTH are nasty. Then again, being vegan I don't **** with either anyway.


Giving a **** about a vegan's chicken wing dipping sauce opinion is like giving a **** what kind of oil an Amish thinks I should use in my car.


Ha!
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9012
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:42 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Super K wrote:
Ranch is for the kids and their popcorn chix, blue cheese is for the adults..


I'm with Sammich here and then some. BOTH are nasty. Then again, being vegan I don't **** with either anyway.


Did you go vegan before or after “What the Health”?
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9012
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Teitan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:17 am

Image
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:22 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
I'm with Sammich here and then some. BOTH are nasty. Then again, being vegan I don't **** with either anyway.


Did you go vegan before or after “What the Health”?


Before. And that documentary is a nice piece of fiction.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bahamian:bucfan, Four Verticals and 35 guests