Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Sammich » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Sammich wrote:
If what you say is true then Jameis should want to go in front of a judge to clear his name, but he doesn't. Why do you suppose that is?

If what I say is true....You clearly aren’t understanding of what I’m saying. I’m not saying she’s lying about what happened in the car. I’m saying her lying about not wanting money gives her motive to lie about what happened. That’s not the same as saying she’s lying but it brings her character into question. If you don’t understand that then there’s nothing more I can do for you. The damage was done.

Then answer the question. If her character is so damaged why doesn't Winston want to go before a judge to clear his name? Oh never mind, I'll answer it myself because you'll just change the debate to be about koalas or something. If Jameis is guilty he doesn't want to be anywhere near a judge. Her financial demands are irrelevant. If Jameis is innocent he should want to go before a judge to clear his name. Her financial demands are irrelevant.

See the pattern?
Sammich

Postby Deja Entendu » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:42 pm

Jameis' "defense" was most likely that he had no recollection of doing it, but that he was extremely intoxicated. It aligns with his settlement with the league and his apology. It's also probably the truth.

And if that's the case, he's a fool for not paying her earlier if that's what she wanted.

*disclaimer - the above represents my speculative opinion based on my knowledge of the situation. I in no way present this scenario to be fact, as such I have no I desire or intent to fall on my sword convincing anyone to see things this way. I also wholly reserve the right to change my speculative opinion on the matter at any time.
Deja Entendu

Postby reagan SMASH » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Here is how I see it. By not coming out and suing him initially, her credibility was instantly high. If she started with a lawsuit, it'd be much easier for the NFL, public opinion, etc to side with Jameis and claim that she's just after his money (especially if there was no hard evidence, like a security camera tape). By doing what she did, the NFL investigated and concluded there's a pretty high likelihood that she's telling the truth and he's not. Fast forward to the present. Jameis has publicly apologized for "putting her in that situation" (paraphrased), thereby making a civil lawsuit a slam dunk for her team (since a civil case does not require suspicion of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt).

So, I don't think she started out after his money with this whole thing. I think her legal team saw a slam dunk opportunity after his public apology and they decided to cash in on it. She has not lost her credibility one bit. Her "future therapy sessions" is kind of a ridiculous excuse, but she's well within her rights to sue him, and she would/will win. They'll settle.
reagan SMASH

Postby viva la Reagan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 pm

so let’s wrap this up. i think we can all agree that this incident ensures that jameis will never be a supreme court justice. unless of course, he’s nominated on the backend of a short week, headed into a judiciary bye week. rust or not, justice jameis does have a nice ring to it.
viva la Reagan

Postby MJW » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:20 pm

The, "Yeah he sexually assaulted her and that's wrong but she changed her mind about wanting money so she's wrong so they're both wrong" hot take is a bad take.

Man it's been nice having an adult behind center to cheer for these last few weeks.
MJW

Postby viva la Reagan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:38 pm

MJW wrote:The, "Yeah he sexually assaulted her and that's wrong but she changed her mind about wanting money so she's wrong so they're both wrong" hot take is a bad take.

Man it's been nice having an adult behind center to cheer for these last few weeks.

all good points.

at the end of the day, whether her monetary position change is justified or a lie or greed or disingenuousness or something else, the one axiomatic fact is that jameis put himself and the bucs in this position. and his past indiscretions only serve to exacerbate the situation for him and the team. stupid decisions have consequences and repeated stupid decisions typically have exponential consequences. that may not be fair or proportional but it’s how life works.
viva la Reagan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:10 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:31 am

Reported ^^^
Jason Bourne

Postby Heidguy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:04 pm

And now you're reported. ^^^
Heidguy

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 am

paco74 wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:I mean how often has Winston lied to us? And his employers, the fans, the Commissioner and everyone else? He hasn't quit yet.

To argue a sexual abuse victim must not ever change her mind, have a change in philosophy, have personal circumstances change etc.... about how she's approaching the most horrific night of her life, yet the suspect can lie repeatedly without doing any damage to his case would be a comical position if not so pathetic.

Tip - perjury exists only after you're sworn in under the supervision of the court. Lying then is a potential problem.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Worst night of her life?

I, in no way condone touching anyone unwanted, but one day I lost my dad to strokes and cancer. I consider that a worse night than if some girl gave me a grocery check.

On another night, my sister and I had to Baker Act our own mother because her undiagnosed Alzheimer's had progressed so rapidly that she was a risk to herself. We called and were there when the police arrived, but the moment she was taken into the psyche ER, we lost ALL rights to know what was going on. When we were finally allowed to see her, she begged us to get her out of there. THAT is a worse night than having a girl grocery check me.

Many moons ago, we found out our son had a brain tumor. That is a worse night than having a girl grope me.

Just saying, let's not label what may OR may not have happened....which we are told is grabbing the ***** like he is a Trump...like it is the worst thing that could have ever possibly happened to her.

JW is still a kid. The frontal lobe doesn't fully develop until age 25. All that said, he is an easy mark and rich.
:soapbox:

I'm going to pay you the compliment of being blunt here...... you're an absolute fing idiot. No, not smack, none of that personal "schtick" the originial PMI was known for, I'm dead serious.

Are you trying to compare yourself being grabbed to a young lady being sexually assaulted?

Yes, I agree, a 45 year old bald paunch-bellied Mexican dude getting grabbed by a chick isn't horrifying, that's what credit cards are for.

But for a 20 something year old chick to be working, pull up and see a wild-eyed 6'5" inch football player eating W's on the curb as her next fare I'd imagine she was already terrified out of her mind before the molestation took place.

Here's the cool thing though, we don't have to argue about, we can take THEIR WORD FOR IT! Time and time again I've heard victims of sexual abuse call it the worst day of their life!!!

I don't care about your daily fantasy of getting grocery checked by chicks, to compare that to what happened to her as being equal? Wow.

From there your Victor the victim monologue was almost too pathetic for me to read. If you're local send me a PM, I'll get you a referral. You need counseling and lithium for starters.

I'm never cool with kids getting a brain tumor, but if I recall correctly he's all fixed up now. I'd say you're pretty damned lucky.

Death? Your Dad died of strokes and cancer, at the same second? Wish I had that parlay. Or were you embellishing for the benefit of your Bucs board pity party?

Let's see, I've lost all my grandparents, my father, my mother, a brother, 2 sisters, too many nieces and nephews to count, all my aunts and uncles but 2 on my Mom's side (she had 11 siblings), a best friend or two, too many others to count....

My outlook about losing another friend or family member? It beats the alternative.

Yes, I'm older than dirt, but that's what happens. It's natural, the herd is culled and the longer you live the more of if you see. At 7% body fat I'll probably see a few more deaths if I'm lucky.

You aren't the unlucky one, your Dad who hit the stroke/cancer 2 team parlay is the unlucky bastard. See how that works?

Your Mom got sent in for 72 hour bed rest? Yawn. I go once a year just to see what kind of new meds have come out. Yes, sucks your mom getting healthy, must have been a hellish night for you! :roll:

The point is other than personal appearance and intelligence, you're a pretty lucky bastard overall. And the fact you get "grocery checked" a lot means you got a tiny one the chicks need to feel to believe.

Guys like you make me want to puke, you try to put yourself in the shoes of a sexual assault victim and use these personal examples to support your ignorance of why none of this should be a big deal to her? :roll:

Yes, of course I used a little standard embellishment with the "worst night of her life", it was done to crystalize the difference between the rights of a true victim and some drunk entitled slob out on the town.

It's true, very possible it could be the worst night of her life, in your 20's most chicks aren't used to people around her dying yet, but even if it's in her top 5 she should be given benefit of the doubt over her attacker, Bucs board or not.

Hope you're trolling but I have no doubt you think you made a point in that losers diatribe I'd be embarrassed to put my name too......

If I went Danny the Downer like you did the smilies to my right would all be crying. A few guys would jump off the Skyway in the morning, Springer show would shut down.

But no, I feel very fortunate to be where I am, certainly not going to paint myself as the victim. Geez man, you aren't living, you're crying your way through life....

If you don't have enough respect for yourself to man up and move on, do it for your family. Don't doom them to his kind of defeatist woo is me lifestyle.

We good here? Great, the money's on the dresser I'm done with you.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:41 am

Buc2 wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Patrick McIrish

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 am

Back when they stoned people to death fake PMI was always so proud that he could pick up the most stones.
mdb1958

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:12 am

mdb1958 wrote:Back when they stoned people to death fake PMI was always so proud that he could pick up the most stones.

Wait, I'm the fake PMI, what are you suggesting? Are you saying I'm wrong about any of that?

Sorry, no use for grown men who come to the internet to cry.

And secondly when they blatantly minimize rape/sexual victims to the point of being equal to his fantasy of a young broad grabbing his wiener.

Truthfully, lucky I'm in a good mood today. Someone much more assertive than me needs to get hold of this omega male and put him back on track.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:13 am

mdb1958 wrote:Back when they stoned people to death fake PMI was always so proud that he could pick up the most stones.

Depends.

Child predators and a few others I'd probably steal a few stones as well.
Patrick McIrish

Previous

Return to Team Discussions