Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 am

I'm angry at Winston and I tend to root for WVU on Saturdays, what does that make me?

Don't answer that.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:50 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'm angry at Winston and I tend to root for WVU on Saturdays, what does that make me?

Don't answer that.

A drunk hillbilly?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:51 am

Are all you guys feeding the troll because you don't see that he's a troll? Or are you bored because it's offseason?
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:54 am

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'm angry at Winston and I tend to root for WVU on Saturdays, what does that make me?

Don't answer that.

A drunk hillbilly?

Well at least you mooks stopped calling me a redneck. Progress.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:58 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:A drunk hillbilly?

Well at least you mooks stopped calling me a redneck. Progress.

I'm from a family of hillbillies (mom's side), so I'd never call you a redneck. Huge difference!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:59 am

NYBF wrote:Are all you guys feeding the troll because you don't see that he's a troll? Or are you bored because it's offseason?

I'm bored. Thank goodness TC is starting.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:09 am

NYBF wrote:Are all you guys feeding the troll because you don't see that he's a troll? Or are you bored because it's offseason?

Same reason we feed you from time to time. You answer your own question.
Bootz2004

Postby doooshnzl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:11 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:No, it wasn't taken down (yes, it was already up) to avoid being "tone deaf", we passed that a long time ago.

It was taken down because he made a mockery of Licht, the owners, the Commissioner, the fans, his family and himself.

Lied to all of us, lied to the team, lied to investigators and let the world down.

All that trust we put in this man, all the excuses, all the minimizations so the Bucs could finally get that franchise QB and the kid spit right in our face.

No, not a publicity move, lots inside this organization and the NFL have had their belly full of this monster.

What an absolutely embarrassment for every one conned into going to bat for this kid.

“Let the world down” might be a bit over the top......Other than that though....
doooshnzl

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:09 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:No, it wasn't taken down (yes, it was already up) to avoid being "tone deaf"

All 4 "murals" that were hanging at RayJay last season were taken down months ago when the season ended. Every year the team puts four new "murals" up for the upcoming season. Two (Brate and Lavonte) of those four were put up yesterday and the media caught wind that Winston would not be on any of the two remaining (I assume will be Evans and McCoy)

Winston had his from last year taken down when the 3 others were taken down, again it was months ago.

Given what transpired with his suspension the team decided it's not the best decision to have him be the focus of marketing efforts to kick off the season. This is backed up by Winston not being included in the promotional videos the team has released to the media for this upcoming season.

Those are the facts, spin them however you'd like.

Really no way to spin them other than this:

Jamies was #1 pick in the NFL draft

Jamies was the Bucs starting QB on day 1

Jamies was draft as a QB of a NFL Franchise, making him the face of the franchise

Jamies was a voted team Captain for 2 years in a Row, and was made that only in his second year in

Jamies has been the focal point of marketing since he was drafted

No way to spin it other that the Buccaneers are not making him a focal point in marketing, how is the #1 pick QB of a franchise not even in a Promo video? This is the Buccaneers creating distance.
BucaRican

Postby NYBF » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:23 pm

It's "Jameis". It's in the damn title of the thread.

J-A-M-E-I-S
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:34 pm

BucaRican wrote:Really no way to spin them other than this:

This is the Buccaneers creating distance.

I don't disagree. I just think people are drawing their own conclusions as to why is all.

I think it's short term so this blows over in attempt to mitigate the potential distraction. Kind of an 'out of sight, out of mind' approach the team is taking w/ Jameis towards media while he serves his suspension. I remain convinced Jameis will be starting week 4 and providing there are no other off field missteps will get his contract extension along with his mural at RayJay come next season that some fans seem to care so much about.

If people want to think Jameis will be benched and released that is their prerogative.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:45 pm

NYBF wrote:It's "Jameis". It's in the damn title of the thread.

J-A-M-E-I-S

beardmcdoug

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
BucaRican wrote:Really no way to spin them other than this:

This is the Buccaneers creating distance.

DreadNaught wrote:I don't disagree. I just think people are drawing their own conclusions as to why is all.

Say what? People are confused as to the why? WTF are you talking about?

No one on the planet is confused as to the why!!? No one is wondering why the Bucs are doing this!?

DreadNaught wrote:I think it's short term so this blows over in attempt to mitigate the potential distraction.

Short term? Really? Because the media runs to the next story does not mean anyone is going to forget. None of this is short-term.

"Mitigate the POTENTIAL distraction"???? Stop it man, you're better than this! It's not a potential distraction, he's sitting 18.75% (thanks Beard :D ) of the season.....

I'd say that alone elevates this from a potential distraction into a very real and quantifiable distraction.

Man, you are incredible on all this. Look, yes, he will be starting week 4. Yes, I will be rooting for him, entirely though because he plays for the Bucs.

As a man I have no respect for the kid, never have.

It's fine if he's the kind of guy you look up to but quit minimizing all this or pretending as though it's another misunderstanding.

Te organization as a whole has taken a hit as well......
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:12 pm

doooshnzl wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:No, it wasn't taken down (yes, it was already up) to avoid being "tone deaf", we passed that a long time ago.

It was taken down because he made a mockery of Licht, the owners, the Commissioner, the fans, his family and himself.

Lied to all of us, lied to the team, lied to investigators and let the world down.

All that trust we put in this man, all the excuses, all the minimizations so the Bucs could finally get that franchise QB and the kid spit right in our face.

No, not a publicity move, lots inside this organization and the NFL have had their belly full of this monster.

What an absolutely embarrassment for every one conned into going to bat for this kid.

“Let the world down” might be a bit over the top......Other than that though....

His world, let everyone and everything in HIS world down.

Better?
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Deuce wrote:I don't see how my viewpoint could be considered naive there.

You wouldn't be naive if you could figure that out.

Deuce wrote: I've already had multiple people mention to me that they didn't think the suspension was warranted.....

I don't disagree here. DN says the whole thing is nothing but a "potential distraction".

Doctor claims grabbing a strange chick's ***** is just a normal first date occurrence and if it works once in a thousand times it's the right move.

Yes, some Buc fans are going to defend their QB no matter what he does. This is more than football, part of their own self-worth is tied into this.....

Deuce wrote:When we get into it, it turns out they don't know the details of the whole thing at all. They heard a tidbit in passing on the radio or something. These are people who don't visit message boards and don't get up and watch Good Morning Football, aka the casual fan or average joe Buc fan.

Are you suggesting we know all the details?

A chick (sit down Moon) who has never watched a football game in her life probably knows as much about it as we do.

No one hears JW is suspended and doesn't ask why.....

When responded to they know as much of the details as we do, doesn't matter how much GMF or how many message boards you belong to.

If you think this internet crew has special insight and never released details of this investigation then yes you are a little naive Deuce.

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:42 pm

I'm not a Licht fan but I cringe at what he's going through......

Ran into every camera and press conference he could find to boast about our vetting process.

Put his word and the word of this organization on the fact that the old JW was behind him, this was a man that had matured. He saw it firsthand!

Heck he even spent time having dinner in the JW household, no way could he be fooled, this was an immature boy that had turned into a man!!

The Commissioner even had a 1 on 1 to stress the importance of putting it behind him, the NFL wanted no part of this kind of stuff now.

JW looked into the camera and assured us he wouldn't let us down. He was always innocent, it was all a big misunderstanding......

He would represent himself and this organization in a way we could all be proud of and verify the trust that Licht and the team put in him.

Less than 2 years later an incident that got reported. A major one. One that made national news.

This isn't short-term. This isn't a "potential distraction". The Bucs aren't just publicly trying to spin this, they are INCENSED this kid did something this foolish.

This wasn't standard dating practice.....

This is a kid that has been so entitled in his life that his wants rise well above everyone else.

Whether it's playing with bb guns, stealing, sexual misconduct or whatever, he does as he pleases and the people around him pick up the pieces.

The people around him try to mitigate any potential problems he has created.

The peope around him, make excuses, assure everyone it was all a big misunderstanding, and he's put back on top the horse.

#1 pick, first overall money. Our face of the franchise. And he spit right in our faces!

You're a punk if you aren't pissed off about it......

We move on.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Patrick McIrish

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Deuce wrote:I don't see how my viewpoint could be considered naive there.

You wouldn't be naive if you could figure that out.

Deuce wrote: I've already had multiple people mention to me that they didn't think the suspension was warranted.....

I don't disagree here. DN says the whole thing is nothing but a "potential distraction".

Doctor claims grabbing a strange chick's ***** is just a normal first date occurrence and if it works once in a thousand times it's the right move.

Yes, some Buc fans are going to defend their QB no matter what he does. This is more than football, part of their own self-worth is tied into this.....

Deuce wrote:When we get into it, it turns out they don't know the details of the whole thing at all. They heard a tidbit in passing on the radio or something. These are people who don't visit message boards and don't get up and watch Good Morning Football, aka the casual fan or average joe Buc fan.

Are you suggesting we know all the details?

A chick (sit down Moon) who has never watched a football game in her life probably knows as much about it as we do.

No one hears JW is suspended and doesn't ask why.....

When responded to they know as much of the details as we do, doesn't matter how much GMF or how many message boards you belong to.

If you think this internet crew has special insight and never released details of this investigation then yes you are a little naive Deuce.

We move on.

Most on this board have been subjected to more information just by the nature of this board. This thread contains every snippet everyone found everywhere about this thing.

Check out this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hree-games

It doesn't say what body part or describe the actual incident, doesn't mention Darby or the other guy, doesn't mention that the victim isn't pursuing a civil/criminal case, doesn't say anything about Jameis being drunk...

And that's an article on NFL.com. Someone hearing it on the radio or TV is getting much less information. So no...everyone doesn't know as much about it as we do. Not sure where the "chick" thing comes from, as I don't think of any chicks that do know about this story.
Deuce

Postby Rocker » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Dead. Horse.
Rocker

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:46 pm

No. Kidding.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Ugh wish football would get here soon
Jason Bourne

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Quit clicking on the ****ing thread if it's a dead horse, dummy.

My bad if you're talking about your wife's vaginal odor. :lol: :lol:

LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRINK BUDWEISER!!!
Patrick McIrish

Postby Nano » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:00 pm

Ew
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:17 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yes he does. That or he thinks anyone angry at Winston is a Florida Gator fan.

He's the unfortunate kind of idiot who came out the womb too soon and the wrong direction.

Been an ass his whole life huh?

HA! GOLD! You never disappoint! Lmao :lol: :lol:
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:53 am

**** yourself, PMI, you classless piece of ****.
Rocker

Postby BucaRican » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:06 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000942183/article/jameis-winston-asks-fans-to-continue-to-support-me

Jameis Winston asks fans to 'continue to support me'

Jameis Winston addressed the media Thursday for the first time since he was handed a three-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy -- a punishment that stems from a female Uber driver accusing Winston of groping her in Scottsdale, Arizona, in March 2016.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback acknowledged he let the team, community and himself down with his off-field actions.

"I'm just focused on moving forward, that's all I can do," Winston said. "I've grown and learned from this situation. It's a learning experience. [I've worked] hard since I got here and I'm going to continue to work hard on and off the field."

The quarterback is eligible to participate in Bucs' practices and preseason action. Winston will miss games against the Saints, Eagles and Steelers before returning in time for Tampa's Week 4 meeting with the Bears.

Winston repeatedly stated he's focused on moving forward and learning from his transgressions. The 24-year-old said he recognizes some fans are disappointed in his actions.

"I understand they're disappointed; I'm disappointed. I should have never put myself in that situation," he said. "I tell the fans to continue to support this team, continue to support me because I've been here. My main goal as a leader is to be a huge advocate in the community and I've done that and I want to continue to do that."

Coach Dirk Koetter was asked if Winston remains a team leader after his controversy and suspension.

"I think your team has a lot of leaders, and being a leader starts with being a leader of yourself. I think that's one of Jameis' strengths as a football player, is his leadership. But where we're standing right now with the three-game suspension, it's time that Jameis leads from the rear. And there's nothing wrong with that.

"... Jameis is talking to guys behind the scenes, way more than anybody knows, one-on-one conversations, instead of being the guy out in front of the team."

The quarterback added he's taken steps to improve himself, but declined to say how long he's given up alcohol or if he's in a program. Winston said he apologized to his teammates and doesn't want to be a distraction heading into the season.

"Initially I talked to my teammates first; I acknowledged them yesterday, but I apologized after that," he said. "I don't want to be a distraction. I just want to be able to focus on the season and move forward."

Veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick worked with the starters in the Bucs' first practice of training camp Thursday. Koetter said he expects Fitzpatrick to start the season under center during Winston's suspension.
BucaRican

Postby Babeinbucland » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Rocker wrote:**** yourself, PMI, you classless piece of ****.

That made me happy in all my girl places lol
Babeinbucland

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:48 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Rocker wrote:**** yourself, PMI, you classless piece of ****.

No ovulating in Team Discussions!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:02 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

No ovulating in Team Discussions!

Sounds like She might of had an orgasm
Jason Bourne

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:29 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:No ovulating in Team Discussions!

MB isn’t familiar with such things. He is from West Virginia you know.
PrimeMinister

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:43 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

MB isn’t familiar with such things. He is from West Virginia you know.

I'm not from WV. I just moved there on purpose, lived there for 10 years, and moved back to FL last year.

And I give orgasms regularly to my smokin' hot wife on a regular basis, thank you.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions