Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Agent Orange wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:I beg to differ DN - I don’t think he will be voted team captain and if the starting QB, whoever it is is playing well, I bet JW doesn’t play until that QB loses two in a row. Furthermore, If they took his image down it is most likely because they know the actual truth (as opposed to our speculation) and are either furious, embarrassed, simply over him or all three. I am guessing they hit the reset button on him and now he will absolutely have to actually earn his roster spot back.

The worst part about the whole thing? I named my freaking dog after him~ so yeah he is now Jamie. Sigh...

You realize it is much better if you leave it Jameis right. Every9ne will smile and laugh. The dog will think he is the most loved dog alive.

Hmmm nah the name should be change , we don’t want other dogs being groped
Jason Bourne

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
You realize it is much better if you leave it Jameis right. Every9ne will smile and laugh. The dog will think he is the most loved dog alive.

:lol: not to mention I don’t want to be calling my dog a name that makes me think of sexual assual
Babeinbucland

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:I beg to differ DN - I don’t think he will be voted team captain and if the starting QB, whoever it is is playing well, I bet JW doesn’t play until that QB loses two in a row. Furthermore, If they took his image down it is most likely because they know the actual truth (as opposed to our speculation) and are either furious, embarrassed, simply over him or all three. I am guessing they hit the reset button on him and now he will absolutely have to actually earn his roster spot back.

The worst part about the whole thing? I named my freaking dog after him~ so yeah he is now Jamie. Sigh...

You’re being over dramatic on this one. “Earn his roster spot back”?
PrimeMinister

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

:lol: not to mention I don’t want to be calling my dog a name that makes me think of sexual assual

You need to embrace it and unashamedly encourage him to hump other peoples’ dogs.

Stand there and just say things like

“Oh **** looks like somebody’s eatin a W tonight noam’sayin!?”

“well look at the way your dog is standing there! She’s asking for it!”

“Yeah Jameis! **** her right in the *****!”

“Haha looks like my boy just ordered an Uber!!! Get it Jameis!!”
beardmcdoug

Postby Four Verticals » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Feel free to change your pooch's name but the rest of your post is just wrong.

DN is right. His mural was not put up to avoid being labeled tone deaf. In short, is it worse dealing with members of special interest groups or the 7 Bucs fans who actually care who's mural is on the stadium?

Winston will be in there game 4 no matter the results of the first 3 games absent an injury to JW or more shenanigans.
Four Verticals

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:42 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

You need to embrace it and unashamedly encourage him to hump other peoples’ dogs.

Stand there and just say things like

“Oh **** looks like somebody’s eatin a W tonight noam’sayin!?”

“well look at the way your dog is standing there! She’s asking for it!”

“Yeah Jameis! **** her right in the *****!”

“Haha looks like my boy just ordered an Uber!!! Get it Jameis!!”

Lololol well, he does try to hump both my female dogs. Yikes!!!
Babeinbucland

Postby Eastwood » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:22 am

Four Verticals wrote:

DN is right. His mural was not put up to avoid being labeled tone deaf. In short, is it worse dealing with members of special interest groups or the 7 Bucs fans who actually care who's mural is on the stadium?

Winston will be in there game 4 no matter the results of the first 3 games absent an injury to JW or more shenanigans.

Not saying Fitzmagic is gonna go 3-0 with say a 10-2 TD to INT ratio, but if we look like a real team those first three games, I’d be pissed if they start Rapeis Winston game four.
Eastwood

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:09 am

Eastwood wrote:
Four Verticals wrote:

Not saying Fitzmagic is gonna go 3-0 with say a 10-2 TD to INT ratio, but if we look like a real team those first three games, I’d be pissed if they start Rapeis Winston game four.

Prepare to be pissed.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 am

I would not be surprised if he gets booed before his first regular season snap.

Won't last much longer after that if he plays well, which he had better.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:25 am

MB the booing will be out of people's system next week at TC at the latest.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:04 am

Four Verticals wrote:

Yep. DN is exactly right. His position on the team hasn't changed and he won't be booed. Not everyone likes the team enough to read the message boards or get online and read articles about their team. Most basically heard "Jameis was suspended for something with an Uber driver" and that's about it. They probably think "Oh, another one of these #metoo things" with an eye roll. They don't know the minute details like all of us do. They'll show up and tune in on Sundays and say something like "this suspension is bullshit". When he comes back, they'll cheer for him if he plays well and they'll get mad when he doesn't. The end.
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:17 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I would not be surprised if he gets booed before his first regular season snap.

His first regular season snap will more than likely be on the road week 4 in Chicago Sept. 30th, so I'd agree there will be booing.

Winston's first home game won't be until Oct 21st vs the Browns which would be his 3rd game back from suspension. I'm sure there will be a few disgruntled Bucs fans that want to boo, but by in large whatever disdain for Winston folks may be harboring will have largely subsided imo.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I would not be surprised if he gets booed before his first regular season snap.

His first regular season snap will more than likely be on the road week 4 in Chicago Sept. 30th, so I'd agree there will be booing.

Winston's first home game won't be until Oct 21st vs the Browns which would be his 3rd game back from suspension. I'm sure there will be a few disgruntled Bucs fans that want to boo, but by in large whatever disdain for Winston folks may be harboring will have largely subsided imo.

Probably right. My thought was that Bucs fans will give Winston their disapproval for his shenanigans one good time before settling in for football.

It'll be done in the preseason now that I think about it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby GottaJaboo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Fans should go root for another team over booing the QB. There is no more childish an act at a game of any kind, than booing. More a reflection of the people doing it, than the person being booed.
GottaJaboo

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:24 pm

No, it wasn't taken down (yes, it was already up) to avoid being "tone deaf", we passed that a long time ago.

It was taken down because he made a mockery of Licht, the owners, the Commissioner, the fans, his family and himself.

Lied to all of us, lied to the team, lied to investigators and let the world down.

All that trust we put in this man, all the excuses, all the minimizations so the Bucs could finally get that franchise QB and the kid spit right in our face.

No, not a publicity move, lots inside this organization and the NFL have had their belly full of this monster.

What an absolutely embarrassment for every one conned into going to bat for this kid.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Deuce wrote:Yep. DN is exactly right.

No, DN has been exactly wrong on this topic.

Swore JW was all we needed to not only make playoffs in 2 years but a DEEP RUN in them as well.

Also refers to him as a "model citizen".

DN is a good fan, good poster overall, but he's missed badly on anything and everything to do with JW.

I'm not a "I told you so" kind of guy, but...well..... err.... read my posts since we talked of drafting him and you'd swear I was past posting my thoughts.

Deuce wrote:Not everyone likes the team enough to read the message boards or get online and read articles about their team. Most basically heard "Jameis was suspended for something with an Uber driver" and that's about it. They probably think "Oh, another one of these #metoo things" with an eye roll. They don't know the minute details like all of us do. They'll show up and tune in on Sundays and say something like "this suspension is bullshit".

You're very naive if you really believe that.

Deuce wrote:When he comes back, they'll cheer for him if he plays well and they'll get mad when he doesn't. The end.

I agree with this, certainly the vast majority. Maybe 8-10% have enough personal integrity to put common decency over football and want nothing to do with him at this point.

And I do think people will cheer but the negatives will come quicker than they might have before this, and when they do come they will be more intense.

The thought process has been we will look the other way since we will soon be successful, when the latter goes so will all the excuse making....

Those inclined to do ANYTHING to win rarely do so.

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Buccs99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:41 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:Fans should go root for another team over booing the QB. There is no more childish an act at a game of any kind, than booing. More a reflection of the people doing it, than the person being booed.

strong username to content ratio.

yeah. let me not root for the team because the QB decided he likes rape and degrading women.
Buccs99

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:51 pm

yeah, he got his **** yanked because he deserved to get his **** yanked. he acted like a ****ing moron, embarrassed himself and everybody that's put trust in him, lied about it, and got himself suspended for the first 3 games of the season. this is common sense. this isn't "pc culture" or "trying to not appear tone deaf", it's about a ****ing punk ass clown blowing his shot and rightfully losing the trust of his employers.

What was THE ONE knock against Winston when he was coming out of college? "Off field issues"

Why is he missing the first 18.75% of the season? "Off field issues"

If your employer takes a risk on you, you better damn well not go a **** up the same thing they were wary about before hiring you. It'd be like if I was a former drug addict, and a gap in my resume reflected as much, and I was able to convince an employer that I was clean and drugs were in my past, etc.... and then they find me in the parking lot shooting up before work. You bet your ****ing ass I'd be fired, and rightfully so. It's a complete no-brainer. The only difference is this is the highest level of football in the world we're talking about, and somebody to replace his athletic talent isn't easily found. So until that opportunity presents itself... at minimal/acceptable cost... Jameis is in stasis as far as the owners are concerned - and rightfully so.
beardmcdoug

Postby acmillis » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:05 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:yeah, he got his **** yanked because he deserved to get his **** yanked. he acted like a ****ing moron, embarrassed himself and everybody that's put trust in him, lied about it, and got himself suspended for the first 3 games of the season. this is common sense. this isn't "pc culture" or "trying to not appear tone deaf", it's about a ****ing punk ass clown blowing his shot and rightfully losing the trust of his employers.

What was THE ONE knock against Winston when he was coming out of college? "Off field issues"

If your employer takes a risk on you, you better damn well not go a **** up the same thing they were wary about before hiring you. It'd be like if I was a former drug addict, and a gap in my resume reflected as much, and I was able to convince an employer that I was clean and drugs were in my past, etc.... and then they find me in the parking lot shooting up before work. You bet your ****ing ass I'd be fired, and rightfully so. It's a complete no-brainer. The only difference is this is the highest level of football in the world we're talking about, and somebody to replace his athletic talent isn't easily found. So until that opportunity presents itself... at minimal/acceptable cost... Jameis is in stasis as far as the owners are concerned - and rightfully so.

Sorry...but when I read this, I immediately went back to Bootz and MJW last year arguing over fractions of percentage points when talking about backup QBs....ahhh the good ole days.
acmillis

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:07 pm

acmillis wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:yeah, he got his **** yanked because he deserved to get his **** yanked. he acted like a ****ing moron, embarrassed himself and everybody that's put trust in him, lied about it, and got himself suspended for the first 3 games of the season. this is common sense. this isn't "pc culture" or "trying to not appear tone deaf", it's about a ****ing punk ass clown blowing his shot and rightfully losing the trust of his employers.

Sorry...but when I read this, I immediately went back to Bootz and MJW last year arguing over fractions of percentage points when talking about backup QBs....ahhh the good ole days.

lol I didn't round up to 19% for that exact reason... good times
beardmcdoug

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
Deuce wrote:Yep. DN is exactly right.

No, DN has been exactly wrong on this topic.

Swore JW was all we needed to not only make playoffs in 2 years but a DEEP RUN in them as well.

Also refers to him as a "model citizen".

DN is a good fan, good poster overall, but he's missed badly on anything and everything to do with JW.

I'm not a "I told you so" kind of guy, but...well..... err.... read my posts since we talked of drafting him and you'd swear I was past posting my thoughts.

Deuce wrote:Not everyone likes the team enough to read the message boards or get online and read articles about their team. Most basically heard "Jameis was suspended for something with an Uber driver" and that's about it. They probably think "Oh, another one of these #metoo things" with an eye roll. They don't know the minute details like all of us do. They'll show up and tune in on Sundays and say something like "this suspension is bullshit".

You're very naive if you really believe that.

Deuce wrote:When he comes back, they'll cheer for him if he plays well and they'll get mad when he doesn't. The end.

I agree with this, certainly the vast majority. Maybe 8-10% have enough personal integrity to put common decency over football and want nothing to do with him at this point.

And I do think people will cheer but the negatives will come quicker than they might have before this, and when they do come they will be more intense.

The thought process has been we will look the other way since we will soon be successful, when the latter goes so will all the excuse making....

Those inclined to do ANYTHING to win rarely do so.

We move on.

I don't see how my viewpoint could be considered naive there. If you disagree, I think you're a little naive. I've already had multiple people mention to me that they didn't think the suspension was warranted. When we get into it, it turns out they don't know the details of the whole thing at all. They heard a tidbit in passing on the radio or something. These are people who don't visit message boards and don't get up and watch Good Morning Football, aka the casual fan or average joe Buc fan.
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:No, it wasn't taken down (yes, it was already up) to avoid being "tone deaf"

All 4 "murals" that were hanging at RayJay last season were taken down months ago when the season ended. Every year the team puts four new "murals" up for the upcoming season. Two (Brate and Lavonte) of those four were put up yesterday and the media caught wind that Winston would not be on any of the two remaining (I assume will be Evans and McCoy)

Winston had his from last year taken down when the 3 others were taken down, again it was months ago.

Given what transpired with his suspension the team decided it's not the best decision to have him be the focus of marketing efforts to kick off the season. This is backed up by Winston not being included in the promotional videos the team has released to the media for this upcoming season.

Those are the facts, spin them however you'd like.
DreadNaught

Postby GottaJaboo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:53 pm

@Bucs99 - strong accusation without any arrest record at all. His record is probably cleaner than yours. At the very least, as clean.

The phony outrage from the orange and blue fans is nauseating. Accusing someone of something when there is zero proof of anything is about as sub-human a thing as you can do.
GottaJaboo

Postby Cheb » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:58 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:@Bucs99 - strong accusation without any arrest record at all. His record is probably cleaner than yours. At the very least, as clean.

The phony outrage from the orange and blue fans is nauseating. Accusing someone of something when there is zero proof of anything is about as sub-human a thing as you can do.

Subhuman? Talk about theatrics.
Cheb

Postby MJW » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:12 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:The phony outrage from the orange and blue fans is nauseating.

Do...do you think everyone who is upset with/angry at/disgusted by Jameis Winston is a Noles hater?

What kind of ***damn idiot are you?
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:18 pm

MJW wrote:

Do...do you think everyone who is upset with/angry at/disgusted by Jameis Winston is a Noles hater?

Yes he does. That or he thinks anyone angry at Winston is a Florida Gator fan.

He's the unfortunate kind of idiot who came out the womb too soon and the wrong direction.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

He's the unfortunate kind of idiot who came out the womb too soon and the wrong direction.

When you're right, you're right.
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Been an ass his whole life huh?
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:43 am

These types of lazy generalizations are usually reserved for politics. I've been one of Winston's biggest defenders on this board since he declared for the draft. Fwiw my parents met in college at UF, I grew up and am still a die-hard Gator.

I don't doubt that there are some Gator fans among Winston's loudest critics, but to claim that the Bucs fans that are outraged must just not like FSU is lazy and ignorant pal.
DreadNaught

Postby Buccs99 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 am

im a canes fan.
i was a huge supporter of Winston.
my record is a lot cleaner than his because ive never been accused of rape or assault multiple times
also, BUCCS99, two c's, you ****ing cretin.

also, it's not lazy generalization when he's constantly being ridiculed more for his off the field antics than his on the field antics. he has a timeline of bonehead things ranging from childish to disgusting. pull your head out of your ass.
Last edited by Buccs99 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buccs99

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions