Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
NO, YOU have no idea how a plea deal works. Innocent people take plea deals all the time.

Innocent or not, a plea deal is on some level an admission of guilt.

In a criminal case that would be correct. But this isn't a criminal case so we're injecting our own definition of "plea deal".

In this case all Winston admitted to was putting the uber driver in an uncomfortable situation. People can derive there own conclusions from that and they certainly have. Personally I think Jameis was drunk and got a little handsy, she told him it wasn't cool and he stopped. That was the end of it.

Winston didn't want to drag this out through the media w/ appeals and such like Brady and Zeke did. The NFL didn't want that either, so they reached an agreement of 3 games to put it in the rear view mirror and move on. We should do the same.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:28 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

"Innocent or not", "admission of guilt"...say what?

There have been many plea deals over the years that are cost saving measures than battling in court. In this case instead of money it was potential games lost.

I'm confused. When the suspension was announced people were saying he's admitting to something. Now the tune has changed to he only took a plea to save aggravation but now he's totally innocent. Which is it? And why do people always feel the need to argue with me?
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:30 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

There have been many plea deals over the years that are cost saving measures than battling in court. In this case instead of money it was potential games lost.

I'm confused. When the suspension was announced people were saying he's admitting to something. Now the tune has changed to he only took a plea to save aggravation but now he's totally innocent. Which is it? And why do people always feel the need to argue with me?

It seems you are the one arguing and using generalities. "People" encompass the entire board? If so, it's not true. Some said he admitted guilt, others say he didn't. It was the purpose of his statement.
uscbucsfan

Postby NYBF » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Innocent or not, a plea deal is on some level an admission of guilt.

This sentence right here is the very definition of bootzing.
NYBF

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:34 am

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Innocent or not, a plea deal is on some level an admission of guilt.

But why does everyone need to argue with him?!?!

Woe is Bootz.
uscbucsfan

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:07 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
NYBF wrote:

But why does everyone need to argue with him?!?!

Woe is Bootz.

Hell when I said the 3 game suspension was a plea many argued with me that it wasn't. Now all of a sudden it is again. Choke on those facts or ignore them like most cowards do.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:08 am

NYBF wrote:

Tell that to a court of law. Because that's what they define a plea deal as.
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:23 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:But why does everyone need to argue with him?!?!

Woe is Bootz.

Hell when I said the 3 game suspension was a plea many argued with me that it wasn't. Now all of a sudden it is again. Choke on those facts or ignore them like most cowards do.

You say many, so you acknowledge that statement wasn't all encompassing. So what facts do you want me to choke on?
uscbucsfan

Postby NYBF » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:But why does everyone need to argue with him?!?!

Woe is Bootz.

What about when you said he wasn't getting suspended without any evidence?
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Translates to money lost.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:45 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

In a criminal case that would be correct. But this isn't a criminal case so we're injecting our own definition of "plea deal".

In this case all Winston admitted to was putting the uber driver in an uncomfortable situation. People can derive there own conclusions from that and they certainly have. Personally I think Jameis was drunk and got a little handsy, she told him it wasn't cool and he stopped. That was the end of it.

Winston didn't want to drag this out through the media w/ appeals and such like Brady and Zeke did. The NFL didn't want that either, so they reached an agreement of 3 games to put it in the rear view mirror and move on. We should do the same.

I think it can be assume he grabbed her *****. That what she said, and he hasn't denied it.
real bucs fan

Postby MJW » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:26 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:
I'm glad we've figured out that the tens (hundreds) of thousands of women a year who are sexually assaulted but don't file charges simply "didn't feel assaulted enough" to do so. Good call.

I'm not talking about the tens (hundreds) of thousands of women who are sexually assaulted. I'm talking about this woman in this situation. You're going overboard.

And you don't know why she didn't do what you're saying she should have done. Because you have zero clue what it would be like to be a woman in her situation. You know that thing where white people pretend they understand the black experience? You're doing that thing. You know fuckall about why this woman didn't go to the cops. I'm almost certain it wasn't that she decided getting her kitty mugged by Jaboo was NBD, though. Maybe don't assume that until you have one.
MJW

Postby Buccs99 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:25 am

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous.
In an Arizona Uber, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

DUN DUN
Buccs99

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:06 am

Buccs99 wrote:In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous.
In an Arizona Uber, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

DUN DUN

https://www.facebook.com/comedycentrals ... 949341584/
real bucs fan

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:28 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
I'm not talking about the tens (hundreds) of thousands of women who are sexually assaulted. I'm talking about this woman in this situation. You're going overboard.

And you don't know why she didn't do what you're saying she should have done. Because you have zero clue what it would be like to be a woman in her situation. You know that thing where white people pretend they understand the black experience? You're doing that thing. You know fuckall about why this woman didn't go to the cops. I'm almost certain it wasn't that she decided getting her kitty mugged by Jaboo was NBD, though. Maybe don't assume that until you have one.

how are you so sure he doesnt have one ?
Jason Bourne

Postby GottaJaboo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:28 pm

It's starting to sound like it wasn't that big a deal....
GottaJaboo

Postby Onthebrink » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:15 pm

GottaJaboo wrote:It's starting to sound like it wasn't that big a deal....

Dude you wouldn't care if Jamies sodomized your Meemaw while she was sleeping off her chemo.
Onthebrink

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Onthebrink wrote:

Dude you wouldn't care if Jamies sodomized your Meemaw while she was sleeping off her chemo.

YOU LEAVE MEEMAW ALONE!

LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!!!!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Rocker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Onthebrink wrote:Dude you wouldn't care if Jamies sodomized your Meemaw while she was sleeping off her chemo.

YOU LEAVE MEEMAW ALONE!

LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!!!!

I take it you like the Guayabera?
Rocker

Postby RedLeader » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:02 pm

A plea deal typically also comes with a clear declaration of innocence. Am i wrong about this?

We didn't necessarily get that from Winston - especially after it was found the story had changed.

Just saying. He went a little tooo quietly into the night.
RedLeader

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 pm

He grabbed her *****, we just need to accept it. His best defense is that the President does the same.
real bucs fan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 am

Rocker wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:YOU LEAVE MEEMAW ALONE!

LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!!!!

I take it you like the Guayabera?

It was really good. That's 2 wins for Cigar City brewing.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:54 pm

Onthebrink wrote:

LOL
beardmcdoug

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:19 pm

I've been thinking about it and at least Jameis didn't grab an Uber driver by the penis.
The Outsider

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:13 pm

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2018/07/down- ... ore-201480

Per the Tampa Bay Times, last year’s stadium image of Jameis has been replaced and will not be there as the team showcases its faces for the start of the 2018 season.

Just four months ago, Buccaneers co-chairman Joel Gazer spoke glowingly of Jameis to Joe and Ira Kaufman at the NFL Owners Meetings. Glazer expressed great pride for the way Jameis has conducted himself as a Buccaneer in the community and as a teammate.

It sure feels like a lot has changed.

Joe’s not going to ascribe motives to Team Glazer’s decision, but Jameis getting pulled off the stadium was no oversight. One could speculate in many different directions, from money considerations to a loss of trust and beyond.
Caradoc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Caradoc wrote:http://www.joebucsfan.com/2018/07/down-goes-jameis/#more-201480

Per the Tampa Bay Times, last year’s stadium image of Jameis has been replaced and will not be there as the team showcases its faces for the start of the 2018 season.

Just four months ago, Buccaneers co-chairman Joel Gazer spoke glowingly of Jameis to Joe and Ira Kaufman at the NFL Owners Meetings. Glazer expressed great pride for the way Jameis has conducted himself as a Buccaneer in the community and as a teammate.

It sure feels like a lot has changed.

Joe’s not going to ascribe motives to Team Glazer’s decision, but Jameis getting pulled off the stadium was no oversight. One could speculate in many different directions, from money considerations to a loss of trust and beyond.

Meh, just the Bucs avoiding a PR hit and being viewed as tone deaf.

Winston will still be voted team captain, he'll be starting game 4, and if he and the team have a decent season he'll have his image back up at RayJay next season. Hell, they might have one of Jameis already standing by and just waiting til he returns this season before displaying it.
DreadNaught

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:27 pm

I beg to differ DN - I don’t think he will be voted team captain and if the starting QB, whoever it is is playing well, I bet JW doesn’t play until that QB loses two in a row. Furthermore, If they took his image down it is most likely because they know the actual truth (as opposed to our speculation) and are either furious, embarrassed, simply over him or all three. I am guessing they hit the reset button on him and now he will absolutely have to actually earn his roster spot back.

The worst part about the whole thing? I named my freaking dog after him~ so yeah he is now Jamie. Sigh...
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:I beg to differ DN - I don’t think he will be voted team captain and if the starting QB, whoever it is is playing well, I bet JW doesn’t play until that QB loses two in a row. Furthermore, If they took his image down it is most likely because they know the actual truth (as opposed to our speculation) and are either furious, embarrassed, simply over him or all three. I am guessing they hit the reset button on him and now he will absolutely have to actually earn his roster spot back.

The worst part about the whole thing? I named my freaking dog after him~ so yeah he is now Jamie. Sigh...

That seems a bit dramatic but I guess we'll have to wait and see. FTR, his (or anyone else's) image was not "taken down" but rather Winston was not included as one of the players whose image will be on display on those huge 'murals' the Bucs have at each of the 4 corners of Ray Jay which just started getting displayed today for the upcoming season (hence why it's in the news).
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Caradoc wrote:http://www.joebucsfan.com/2018/07/down-goes-jameis/#more-201480

Meh, just the Bucs avoiding a PR hit and being viewed as tone deaf.

Winston will still be voted team captain, he'll be starting game 4, and if he and the team have a decent season he'll have his image back up at RayJay next season. Hell, they might have one of Jameis already standing by and just waiting til he returns this season before displaying it.

Yep...
Super K

Postby Agent Orange » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:I beg to differ DN - I don’t think he will be voted team captain and if the starting QB, whoever it is is playing well, I bet JW doesn’t play until that QB loses two in a row. Furthermore, If they took his image down it is most likely because they know the actual truth (as opposed to our speculation) and are either furious, embarrassed, simply over him or all three. I am guessing they hit the reset button on him and now he will absolutely have to actually earn his roster spot back.

You realize it is much better if you leave it Jameis right. Every9ne will smile and laugh. The dog will think he is the most loved dog alive.
Agent Orange

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions