Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:03 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:
He is just channeling his inner Trump asswipe. :D

At some point, Sanka, you may be asked to explain how:

"Donald Trump is a disgusting ****y grabbing monster!"

And

"Feminists and bitches are just trying to bring my man JW down"

coexist.

Jameis Winston and Donald Trump and Sanka seem to have a lot of overlapping views on women and feminism.

FIFY
Babeinbucland

Postby Doctor » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
This is great in one perspective - the more shaming and consequences he gets, the greater the possibility that he starts to take his actions seriously for the long term. Sadly, it is only a possibility. We shall see.

Shaming and consequences are irrelevant. Either he's innocent of the Kinsman thing and this is a drunken indiscretion that was blown out of proportion in the current environment (even the driver didn't think it was worth pursuing in the past), so we have noting to worry about, or he's a predator and it's just a matter of time.

Agent Orange wrote:Also a story in the New York Post entitled, Jameis Winston grabbed my crotch: Uber driver, states that she said he grabbed her crotch for about 3-5 seconds and the SHE removed his hand and said "what's up with that"? What I have read before in the discussion about whether or not it was sexual assault said that he removed his hand himself. According to that article that is false.

I know in this day and age it's dangerous to defend any sort of behaviour like this, and by no means am I trying to, but soooo much things like this can fall in a gray area. Reminds me of the Aziz thing from a while back. Here's the thing about his, it obviously didn't seem big enough for her to move forward, and he didn't "try again" taking the first no as the final answer. Which is good on him. Now for the dangerous part- a fundamental part about making a move is that you don't know if it's going to work until after you do it. And at the end of the day the fine line between a great move and sexual harassment is how it's accepted. And here's another thing, one move can works on a thousand women just fine but be horribly rejected by a thousand others. You never know. A move that works on the last 12 girls can be seen as assault or harassment by the next. Courting has never been an exact science and the best you can hope for it you aren't misreading your signs and your move will go over well but there's always that risk. That risk is shared, because no woman wants to have any move made on her that... well, she doesn't want. So it clearly sucks for both parties and no one likes it. It's a tough pill to swallow up until people start clearly indicating their interests levels with post-it numbers on their foreheads a lot is still left up to interpretation and human judgement and thus will have a lot of errors. Acknowledging the errors and correcting them ASAP is important and we don't talk about that enough as men. But also turning any unwelcome action into a hashtag has it's own dangers.

At the end all this doesn't matter. The golden rule: Winning Cures Everything.
Doctor

Postby sanka » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:06 am

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:
He is just channeling his inner Trump asswipe. :D

At some point, Sanka, you may be asked to explain how:

"Donald Trump is a disgusting ****y grabbing monster!"

And

"Feminists and bitches are just trying to bring my man JW down"

coexist.

Jameis Winston and Donald Trump seem to have a lot of overlapping views on women and feminism.

sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby Kress » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:38 am

Doctor wrote: he didn't "try again" taking the first no as the final answer. Which is good on him. Now for the dangerous part- a fundamental part about making a move is that you don't know if it's going to work until after you do it. And at the end of the day the fine line between a great move and sexual harassment is how it's accepted. And here's another thing, one move can works on a thousand women just fine but be horribly rejected by a thousand others. You never know. A move that works on the last 12 girls can be seen as assault or harassment by the next. Courting has never been an exact science and the best you can hope for it you aren't misreading your signs and your move will go over well

Ummmmm. He reached over and put his hand on his Uber driver's puss.

Read that again. Stranger. Driving your hired Uber. Reach over. Apply your hand to her crotch.

Now read what you wrote again. Then read what he did again. Then what you wrote....

Rinse and repeat.
Kress

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:53 am

Doctor wrote:
Caradoc wrote:
Shaming and consequences are irrelevant. Either he's innocent of the Kinsman thing and this is a drunken indiscretion that was blown out of proportion in the current environment (even the driver didn't think it was worth pursuing in the past), so we have noting to worry about, or he's a predator and it's just a matter of time.

Agent Orange wrote:Also a story in the New York Post entitled, Jameis Winston grabbed my crotch: Uber driver, states that she said he grabbed her crotch for about 3-5 seconds and the SHE removed his hand and said "what's up with that"? What I have read before in the discussion about whether or not it was sexual assault said that he removed his hand himself. According to that article that is false.

I know in this day and age it's dangerous to defend any sort of behaviour like this, and by no means am I trying to, but soooo much things like this can fall in a gray area. Reminds me of the Aziz thing from a while back. Here's the thing about his, it obviously didn't seem big enough for her to move forward, and he didn't "try again" taking the first no as the final answer. Which is good on him. Now for the dangerous part- a fundamental part about making a move is that you don't know if it's going to work until after you do it. And at the end of the day the fine line between a great move and sexual harassment is how it's accepted. And here's another thing, one move can works on a thousand women just fine but be horribly rejected by a thousand others. You never know. A move that works on the last 12 girls can be seen as assault or harassment by the next. Courting has never been an exact science and the best you can hope for it you aren't misreading your signs and your move will go over well but there's always that risk. That risk is shared, because no woman wants to have any move made on her that... well, she doesn't want. So it clearly sucks for both parties and no one likes it. It's a tough pill to swallow up until people start clearly indicating their interests levels with post-it numbers on their foreheads a lot is still left up to interpretation and human judgement and thus will have a lot of errors. Acknowledging the errors and correcting them ASAP is important and we don't talk about that enough as men. But also turning any unwelcome action into a hashtag has it's own dangers.

I agree with your premise... but there's one difference in Winston's situation that sets this apart (let alone the fact that she was hired, and she was working)

Famous Jameis was black out drunk. Uber girl was sober as a bird.

The chance of a black out drunk dude cold seducing a sober woman has gotta be like .001%. I honestly don't know if it can be done. Maybe there's some ancient text documenting the one guy in human history, but I've never seen it or heard about it.

I think we can all agree about the risk, etc that you outline in the above, but Jameis' case wasn't exactly "oh gee will my high school crush kiss me back if I lean in right now"

he was like
"bllrruugh whaaaat upppp baaaaBAYYYY.
EY.
EY.

ey.

*hand in the crotch*

*stares*

It's just no good. That's never gonna be a good outcome. Dudes all over need to know when to pack it in.
beardmcdoug

Postby Kress » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:38 am

beardmcdoug wrote:Dudes all over need to know when to pack it in.

OOCA
Kress

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:43 am

Kress wrote:

OOCA

:lol:
beardmcdoug

Postby Heidguy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 am

Kress wrote:

OOCA

Online Orthodox Christian Association?
Heidguy

Postby Stuart » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:55 am

so, now that jw's lies and true colors have come to light........do those of us who have not bought his stories from the get go and wanted someone else....do we get an apology for being right?

asking for a friend..
Stuart

Postby acmillis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 am

Stuart wrote:so, now that jw's lies and true colors have come to light........do those of us who have not bought his stories from the get go and wanted someone else....do we get an apology for being right?

asking for a friend..

I'm a Jameis pessimist, but it is still too early to claim you're "right."

If he doesn't get a second contract...then you're "right."
acmillis

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 am

Stuart wrote:so, now that jw's lies and true colors have come to light........do those of us who have not bought his stories from the get go and wanted someone else....do we get an apology for being right?

asking for a friend..

nope, we will not get an apology. I hope he turns it around and becomes great, but i think its a matter of time ... (please don't be Darren Sharper).

how was the dungeon ?
Jason Bourne

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 am

Doctor wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

If your move being rejected leaves you accused of sexual assault, it's not a good move.
real bucs fan

Postby Stuart » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:42 am

Jason Bourne wrote:

asking for a friend..

nope, we will not get an apology. I hope he turns it around and becomes great, but i think its a matter of time ... (please don't be Darren Sharper).

how was the dungeon ?

dungeon was cold and dank, but i been married a long time. i can handle anything.

i used up all my hope on josh freeman. now i just want another garcia or brad johnson who moves the chains and has his head on straight. might be different if we didn't have all the weapons we have.....
Stuart

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Doctor wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Except, in all my years, I never considered grabbing a woman's crotch or boob as appropriate "courting" behavior.

"Hi! My name's Buc2." {grabs woman's crotch} "Want to **** and then get to know each other?"
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:23 pm

asking for a friend..

So, in your world, racism is okay, misogyny is not. Correct?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Jesus Christ guys, since when is grabbing a woman’s genitalia considered a “move”? No. Bad dog. Leave it. No.
Babeinbucland

Postby Stuart » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Buc2 wrote:

asking for a friend..

So, in your world, racism is okay, misogyny is not. Correct?

I never said either were ok, and I don't associate with people who do.
Stuart

Postby Nano » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Well, I consider it a move when the women keep yelling pound me too.

Okay I'll see myself out
Nano

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Heidguy wrote:
Kress wrote:

OOCA

Online Orthodox Christian Association?

Official Oxford Comma Administration.
Caradoc

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Nano wrote:Well, I consider it a move when the women keep yelling pound me too.

Okay I'll see myself out

Ok. I lol’d
Babeinbucland

Postby BucaRican » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Doctor wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Well, in my days I can't remember ever going straight for the crotch, if I ever got dissed it was miss reading the first kiss. If A girl pulled back that was enough for me to know the feeling was not mutual. But going straight for the crotch when he didn't even know her cmmmmmmmmmoooooonnnnnnnn mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn, much less as the first move, goes along with Kates comment "Mr. Winston once said, 'Girls should be silent, polite, and gentle.' I disagree. #MeToo." Who knows how many chicks Jamies pulled the old "grab in the crotch" move with.
BucaRican

Postby Kress » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:16 am

There was this one time..... The crotch was wide open, and I thought about going for a homerun grab, but then it started to close so I looked over into the flats for a boob. There was nothing going on there. All of a sudden, her boyfriend showed up, and I ended up taking a sack. Oh well.
Kress

Postby Konatown » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 am

Kress wrote:There was this one time..... The crotch was wide open, and I thought about going for a homerun grab, but then it started to close so I looked over into the flats for a boob. There was nothing going on there. All of a sudden, her boyfriend showed up, and I ended up taking a sack. Oh well.

Sometimes it’s better to take the sack, rather than throw an interception. Something Jameis appears to struggle with.
Konatown

Postby acmillis » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am

Get ready for the media to turn nothing in to something...Jameis and his agents have parted ways.
acmillis

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:40 am

Kress wrote:There was this one time..... The crotch was wide open, and I thought about going for a homerun grab, but then it started to close so I looked over into the flats for a boob. There was nothing going on there. All of a sudden, her boyfriend showed up, and I ended up taking a sack. Oh well.

I didn't know you were gay.
Deuce

Postby Kress » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 am

Maybe Jameis should try that excuse?
Kress

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:19 am

Kress wrote:Maybe Jameis should try that excuse?

Worked great for Kevin Spacey
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:37 am

Kress wrote:Maybe Jameis should try that excuse?

I don't remember the part where his advances were spurned so he had to settle for the boyfriend's sack.
Deuce

Postby Kress » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am

Go back and re-read the thread from the beginning. It's in here somewhere.
Kress

Postby Deuce » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:11 am

Kress wrote:Go back and re-read the thread from the beginning. It's in here somewhere.

My bad...found it.

Jameis wrote:There was this one time..... The crotch was wide open, and I thought about going for a homerun grab, but then it started to close so I looked over into the flats for a boob. There was nothing going on there. All of a sudden, her boyfriend showed up, and I ended up taking a sack. Oh well.

PS- this joke has officially been run into the ground.
Deuce

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions