Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Buc2 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:13 am

There's not mushroom left in here for unique quips. Soon we'll be seeding repeats.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri May 04, 2018 10:21 am

Buc2 wrote:There's not mushroom left in here for unique quips. Soon we'll be seeding repeats.

I radish the thought. I just hope it doesn't leek into other threads.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri May 04, 2018 11:41 am

It was funny when the jokes were just peppered here and there, but now it's just getting kinda corny.
Deja Entendu

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri May 04, 2018 11:41 am

Buc2 wrote:There's not mushroom left in here for unique quips. Soon we'll be seeding repeats.

If any new quips sprout up , we will have to squash them
Jason Bourne

Postby Heidguy » Fri May 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Eggplant

Or as someone else has referred to it in this thread before, penis.
Heidguy

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri May 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Heidguy wrote:Eggplant

I should get bonus points for a double entendre with use of meme.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Rocker » Fri May 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Probably should; but you earned a demerit for actually drinking Bud Light Orange.

Chin up, big guy. Happens to the best of us.
Rocker

Postby real bucs fan » Fri May 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Probably my favorite scene from my favorite film.
real bucs fan

Postby Heidguy » Fri May 04, 2018 7:39 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Probably my favorite scene from my favorite film.

I don't get the vegetable/vegan reference.

You're clearly doing it wrong bro.
Heidguy

Postby NYBF » Wed May 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Everyone romaine calm. There are plenty more puns available.
NYBF

Postby Rocker » Wed May 09, 2018 9:46 pm

NYBF wrote:Everyone romaine calm. There are plenty more puns available.

Well ****ing done.
Rocker

Postby Cheb » Wed May 09, 2018 10:14 pm

I know some here won't carrot all, but this thread is kinda a big dill. Did Winston look over at that driver and say "You look radishing tonight" before making an inappropriate sexual move? Or was he in the backseat obliviously dancing to the radio, loudly shouting "lettuce turnip the beet"? We as fans don't know, because the narratives are cornfusing to say the least.

Maybe you think all these puns are me taking a leek over all we hold dear. Personally, I think they're pearfect.
Cheb

Postby Heidguy » Thu May 10, 2018 7:19 am

Cheb wrote:I know some here won't carrot all, but this thread is kinda a big dill. Did Winston look over at that driver and say "You look radishing tonight" before making an inappropriate sexual move? Or was he in the backseat obliviously dancing to the radio, loudly shouting "lettuce turnip the beet"? We as fans don't know, because the narratives are cornfusing to say the least.

Maybe you think all these puns are me taking a leek over all we hold dear. Personally, I think they're pearfect.

Upvoted like a mofo!
Heidguy

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 am

Cheb wrote:I know some here won't carrot all, but this thread is kinda a big dill. Did Winston look over at that driver and say "You look radishing tonight" before making an inappropriate sexual move? Or was he in the backseat obliviously dancing to the radio, loudly shouting "lettuce turnip the beet"? We as fans don't know, because the narratives are cornfusing to say the least.

Well done, good sir, well done.
PrimeMinister

Postby NYBF » Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 am

Did he just grab her? Or was he fingerling her?
Last edited by NYBF on Thu May 10, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYBF

Postby doooshnzl » Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am

I don't have a steak in this discussion, I'm just hot dogging.....
doooshnzl

Postby deltbucs » Thu May 10, 2018 2:00 pm

doooshnzl wrote:I don't have a steak in this discussion, I'm just hot dogging.....

deltbucs

Postby NYBF » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:22 am

NYBF wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Explain to me the last time Goodell suspended someone based on a single, anonymous accusation that was over a year old that involved no police being called, charges being filed, no video or audio or cooperation from the accuser. I'll wait.

Tom Brady comes pretty close to fitting this description.
NYBF

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:22 am

they are talking 3 game suspension which prolly gets reduced to 2 ... fricken bullshit

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... uspension/
Jason Bourne

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:23 am

Let's assume he didn't do anything here. What exactly would he have failed to report?
Bootz2004

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:33 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Let's assume he didn't do anything here. What exactly would he have failed to report?

The accusation. Which is bullshit.
Deja Entendu

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:35 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:So does look like Jameis will be suspended at least 1 game just for not reporting the accusation as per league rules. Such a bad look, plus we happen to be playing New Orleans...

Doesn't look like that at all, kyddo
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:40 am

Deja Entendu wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Let's assume he didn't do anything here. What exactly would he have failed to report?

But at that point in time, since it wasn’t reported to the police, would he have known anything more than Uber deactivating his account? Did he even know about the accusation in 2016?
Bootz2004

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

But at that point in time, since it wasn’t reported to the police, would he have known anything more than Uber deactivating his account? Did he even know about the accusation in 2016?

Apparently he did. When his account was deactivated, they explained why. I don't have a source, just heard it on the radio...Could be bullshit.
uscbucsfan

Postby Konatown » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:06 am

Very unfortunate this would result in any suspension. I’m sure it will get appealed/reduced either way.

Doesn’t help we’re opening up the season with 3 tough games (NO, Philly, Pitt).
Konatown

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:11 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Apparently he did. When his account was deactivated, they explained why. I don't have a source, just heard it on the radio...Could be bullshit.

IIRC Uber customer service had left him a voicemail or some type of message that his account had been deactivated due to a driver complaint. I'm pretty sure the message didn't provide specific details of what the complaint was. From an Uber perspective I'd imagine they'd want that message to be as generic as possible and basically inform the customer (Winston) his service w/ Uber would be deactivated.

Before we get all chicken little on this story Rick Stroud is calling news of this suspension pure spin and not to believe it.

@NFLSTROUD
Again folks, the idea that the NFL would suspend Jameis Winston for multiple games after 8 months of an investigation for not reporting that his Uber account was cancelled is ridiculous and untrue. It's pure spin. Don't buy it.

The only motivation for that report would have been for someone, other than his representatives who would know this won't help him with the NFL, to try and get in front of a possible multiple game suspension and blame it on something benign like that.

I suppose the NFL/Goodell can suspend for anything under the vague PCP. But this report implies the violation was just not reporting the incident. Which if there was no incident and Winston wasn't aware of the accusation being made I'm not sure what he was supposed to report. Is getting suspended for not telling the NFL his Uber account was deactivated based on some vague message he got from Uber? That seems pretty thin and slippery slope for the NFL in terms of precedence b/c you're in essence suspending a player of an accusation he wasn't even fully aware of.

We'll see..
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 am

Tre Sikkema has a good article over at PR discussing if the NFL has grounds to suspend...
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:23 am

DreadNaught wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Apparently he did. When his account was deactivated, they explained why. I don't have a source, just heard it on the radio...Could be bullshit.

IIRC Uber customer service had left him a voicemail or some type of message that his account had been deactivated due to a driver complaint. I'm pretty sure the message didn't provide specific details of what the complaint was. From an Uber perspective I'd imagine they'd want that message to be as generic as possible and basically inform the customer (Winston) his service w/ Uber would be deactivated.

Before we get all chicken little on this story Rick Stroud is calling news of this suspension pure spin and not to believe it.

@NFLSTROUD
Again folks, the idea that the NFL would suspend Jameis Winston for multiple games after 8 months of an investigation for not reporting that his Uber account was cancelled is ridiculous and untrue. It's pure spin. Don't buy it.

The only motivation for that report would have been for someone, other than his representatives who would know this won't help him with the NFL, to try and get in front of a possible multiple game suspension and blame it on something benign like that.

I suppose the NFL/Goodell can suspend for anything under the vague PCP. But this report implies the violation was just not reporting the incident. Which if there was no incident and Winston wasn't aware of the accusation being made I'm not sure what he was supposed to report. Is getting suspended for not telling the NFL his Uber account was deactivated based on some vague message he got from Uber? That seems pretty thin and slippery slope for the NFL in terms of precedence b/c you're in essence suspending a player of an accusation he wasn't even fully aware of.

We'll see..

That is my take as well. A company is not going to give graphic specific details as to why they take action without having any proof other than what the driver said. And I 100% agree with everything you said. If you're supposed to report that you uber account was deactivated doesn't that mean you have to report that the library suspended your account for not returning the books on time? I would hope the league isn't this petty but I could be wrong.
Bootz2004

Postby Deuce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:25 am

DreadNaught wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Apparently he did. When his account was deactivated, they explained why. I don't have a source, just heard it on the radio...Could be bullshit.

@NFLSTROUD

We'll see..

Stroud shouldn't really call it "ridiculous". I mean, we all believe it. After what happened to Brady and Elliott, it's extremely believable.
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:37 am

Deuce wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

We'll see..

Stroud shouldn't really call it "ridiculous". I mean, we all believe it. After what happened to Brady and Elliott, it's extremely believable.

The thing about Elliot and Brady was there was an incident. Elliot had that video from the parade (the sanka famously commented on lol) in addition to an issue w/ a former girlfriend where LE was involved (even though there were not charges). Brady had destroyed requested evidence and there was some circumstantial stuff (texts from the team/equipment managers). I'm not saying either of those suspension were or were not justified, but that they're different in that Jameis is allegedly getting suspended over failing to report an incident, one he may not have known anything about. I don't think failing to tell the NFL your Uber account was deactivated should be a suspendable offense. But who knows.
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions