Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly groping

Postby Seamen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Would this driver of even come out if Clinton was president?
Seamen

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Super K wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
That would suck to never truly know. If Winston was the only person in that car, I don't see how he can lead this franchise.

I agree...if it's proven that JW was the only one in the car then JW flat out ****ing lied...and worse, he probably did creep on the driver..

I'd be done with him, no questions asked...

Unless he was really good, right?
uscbucsfan

Postby Sammich » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:39 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:We live in an age where "innocent until proven guilty" is no longer accepted. Now simply making an allegation is sufficient to destroy lives and, at the very least, careers. While I believe all accusations should be taken seriously, I am extremely troubled that all too often nothing more than an allegation is accepted as proof of guilt against the accused.

Sadly, you are 100 percent correct.

I'm surprised Uber doesn't require late night drivers to have a camera in their car. They're cheap and would cut out a lot of bullshit.
Sammich

Postby Super K » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:44 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Super K wrote:
I agree...if it's proven that JW was the only one in the car then JW flat out ****ing lied...and worse, he probably did creep on the driver..

I'd be done with him, no questions asked...

Unless he was really good, right?

Huh? Was this supposed to be in blue?
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Super K wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Unless he was really good, right?

Huh? Was this supposed to be in blue?

No.

See Big Ben. I mean if it were Aaron Rodgers, people would get upset, but he'd still be our QB. Jameis has been struggling and with his past, he's less likely to rebound from something like this if true, which it still likely is. I just don't think we'll ever get anything concrete either way, which is good enough for most.
uscbucsfan

Postby Caradoc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm

sanka wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Considering his opponent's greatest personal achievement was slandering and destroying the reputations of the large number of her husband's rape victims, it's not like he beat a moral paragon.

Her achievements? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea isn't great that he is now fighting with Lavar Ball. I'm glad you are enjoying the clown show going on in the White House.

And while the mental midgets are distracted by the media squirrel!! A major deal was quietly made. Of course, you'd never know about it because the mainstream media has no interest in talking about it.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/18/why-no-on ... ging-deal/

Last weekend in Beijing, as part of his 12-day trip to Asia, President Trump announced that the US and China had signed an $83.7 billion memorandum of understanding to create a number of petrochemical projects in West Virginia over the next 20 years.
If the agreement holds tight, it is an economic game changer for the state.

And yet, speaking to the locals here, you wouldn’t even know it had happened.

“I am surprised I heard nothing about it on the national news, nor in my local paper and newscasts,” said Jerald Stephens, 67, a West Virginia native and union rep, who has been a keen observer of local politics for as long as he can
So far, the details about how China Energy will invest nearly $84 billion in West Virginia — the biggest of several deals totaling $250 billion signed by Trump in China — are scant. The first stage is reportedly scheduled to begin in the next six to eight months with the building of at least two natural gas-fired power plants likely located in Brooke and Harrison counties, both of which have suffered substantial job and population losses, as well as wage stagnation, over the past 30 years.

But, yeah, the Lavarr Ball thing was the newsworthy part of that trip :roll:
Caradoc

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Not relevant.
uscbucsfan

Postby Kress » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:11 pm

Super K wrote:Oh good, this thread is turning into a political pissing match..

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse..
Kress

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Caradoc wrote:
sanka wrote:Her achievements? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yea isn't great that he is now fighting with Lavar Ball. I'm glad you are enjoying the clown show going on in the White House.

And while the mental midgets are distracted by the media squirrel!! A major deal was quietly made. Of course, you'd never know about it because the mainstream media has no interest in talking about it.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/18/why-no-on ... ging-deal/

Last weekend in Beijing, as part of his 12-day trip to Asia, President Trump announced that the US and China had signed an $83.7 billion memorandum of understanding to create a number of petrochemical projects in West Virginia over the next 20 years.
If the agreement holds tight, it is an economic game changer for the state.

And yet, speaking to the locals here, you wouldn’t even know it had happened.

“I am surprised I heard nothing about it on the national news, nor in my local paper and newscasts,” said Jerald Stephens, 67, a West Virginia native and union rep, who has been a keen observer of local politics for as long as he can
So far, the details about how China Energy will invest nearly $84 billion in West Virginia — the biggest of several deals totaling $250 billion signed by Trump in China — are scant. The first stage is reportedly scheduled to begin in the next six to eight months with the building of at least two natural gas-fired power plants likely located in Brooke and Harrison counties, both of which have suffered substantial job and population losses, as well as wage stagnation, over the past 30 years.

But, yeah, the Lavarr Ball thing was the newsworthy part of that trip :roll:

I thought he was going to tackle China about how they devalue their currency? Remember that during his campaign?
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Damn.

Someone start a new thread.
uscbucsfan

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Winston will be cleared very soon...NFL will never dare suspend him. This not comparable to Zeke's case at all. Zeke was on video squeezing a woman's tit (which I defended :D ) plus other bullshit.
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby Commander Bubbles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:38 am

sanka wrote:Winston will be cleared very soon...NFL will never dare suspend him. This not comparable to Zeke's case at all. Zeke was on video squeezing a woman's tit (which I defended :D ) plus other bullshit.

You defended a dude who sexually assaulted a woman?
Last edited by Commander Bubbles on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Bubbles

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:04 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:We live in an age where "innocent until proven guilty" is no longer accepted. Now simply making an allegation is sufficient to destroy lives and, at the very least, careers. While I believe all accusations should be taken seriously, I am extremely troubled that all too often nothing more than an allegation is accepted as proof of guilt against the accused.

Yep. We already had people basically saying he did it as soon as the report came out. Had people basically saying Darby was a fall guy as soon as he said he went public and refuted the accusers story. The word RAPE is even being thrown around. Innocent until proven guilty was never really a thing. Now it’s even less so.
Bootz2004

Postby sanka » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Yep. We already had people basically saying he did it as soon as the report came out. Had people basically saying Darby was a fall guy as soon as he said he went public and refuted the accusers story. The word RAPE is even being thrown around. Innocent until proven guilty was never really a thing. Now it’s even less so.

America just have double standards when it comes to certain people. Look at Trump for a second...this moron bragged about his **** on a debate...call people all sorts of name yet was elected president...and imagine Obama wore a tan suit and they try to make a federal case out of it....made Obama show his birth certificate...yet Trump still hasn't released his taxes ..but he gets a pass.

This is the type of news ESPN has been craving for about Winston...they got it.
sanka

Postby sanka » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 am

Wharf Rat wrote:
sanka wrote:Winston will be cleared very soon...NFL will never dare suspend him. This not comparable to Zeke's case at all. Zeke was on video squeezing a woman's tit (which I defended :D ) plus other bullshit.

You defended a dude who sexually assaulted a woman?

Wharf that was something different. :mrgreen:
sanka

Postby sanka » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:18 am

People say don't bring politics into this. This Trump's America now, that's the reality.
sanka

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:02 am

sanka wrote:People say don't bring politics into this. This Trump's America now, that's the reality.

What would you do, Sanka, if you were an Uber driver and you picked up Jameis Winston and he started going Kevin Spacey all over your crotch? Would you?

A. Keep the incident to yourself and never tell a soul?
B. Tell Winston you are not that kind of boy and report the incident to Uber?
C. Park the car, peel off your clothes, and hop in the back seat?
D. Do something else?
Brazen331

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:59 am

I think a bunch of you guys got lost. You're looking for this: viewforum.php?f=6

There is nothing political about the allegations against Jameis. I will start throwing people in the cage downstairs to cool off if this conversation keeps getting derailed.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby BucaRican » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 am

Brazen331 wrote:
sanka wrote:People say don't bring politics into this. This Trump's America now, that's the reality.

What would you do, Sanka, if you were an Uber driver and you picked up Jameis Winston and he started going Kevin Spacey all over your crotch? Would you?

D. Do something else?

D
BucaRican

Postby Kress » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am

Admin wrote:I will start throwing people in the cage downstairs

Dilly dilly. (had to do it)

But yes, stop the randomly misplaced attempts at making everything political and/or racist people. The story just is what it is. Stick to that.
Kress

Postby Jason Bourne » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Kudos Admin
Jason Bourne

Postby sanka » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Brazen331 wrote:

D. Do something else?

I see you are back from the psych ward...welcome back!
sanka

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:18 pm

You know ALL of Winston's alleged incidents happened when Obama was in office, right?
MJW

Postby Naismith » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:24 pm

I love Jameis but if they investigate and find out Darby wasn't in that car, I don't have any interest in cheering for him.
Naismith

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Naismith wrote:I love Jameis but if they investigate and find out Darby wasn't in that car, I don't have any interest in cheering for him.

Yep. 100% agree. The result of this finding will completely destroy the party deemed to be lying. Ironically(maybe not) I think it would be worse if the Uber driving was deemed the liar. So many victims of sexual abuse and abuse in general are silenced and not given a voice as it is because people don't believe them or don't want to know the truth. A shot like this on such a huge stage would crumble things like the "me too" movement and others because you have so many instances where women use the victim card to gain a leg up.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 pm

If Darby wasn't in the car, or some piece of hard evidence comes into play that dooms Jameis on this...I'm done with this team while he's here. You can hold me to that.

That said, we're a short way down a long road, and no, guilt should not be assumed in the absence of evidence, as much as that may suck for women sometimes.
MJW

Postby Nano » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:43 pm

MJW wrote:If Darby wasn't in the car, or some piece of hard evidence comes into play that dooms Jameis on this...I'm done with this team while he's here. You can hold me to that.

That said, we're a short way down a long road, and no, guilt should not be assumed in the absence of evidence, as much as that may suck for women sometimes.

If evidence came up that proves that either Winston was the only one in the car or that he actually did it, I imagine that the Bucs would probably be done with him too. It'd be effectively a career killer with his history
Nano

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Nano wrote:
MJW wrote:If Darby wasn't in the car, or some piece of hard evidence comes into play that dooms Jameis on this...I'm done with this team while he's here. You can hold me to that.

If evidence came up that proves that either Winston was the only one in the car or that he actually did it, I imagine that the Bucs would probably be done with him too. It'd be effectively a career killer with his history

God, I hope so - in that scenario. Clean, definitive, boom, here are the QBs in the draft, etc.

I strongly suspect we'll get one of these, "Well, we can't prove anything either way..." deals, and he'll get suspended for awhile because that's how it works, and we'll get to enjoy trying to root for a guy knowing he might be a serial sex offender without knowing for sure that he is or isn't, but suspecting he might be. So that will suck.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:08 pm

I get that Darby was Winston's college teammate and the two were together (w/ Chris Casher) when the rape allegations occurred at FSU, so the skepticism is very understandable when Darby came to Winston's defense over the weekend regarding this Uber driver.

But I have tough time believing that an NFL player would sacrifice his reputation along with millions of dollars in potential earnings just to cover for his friend by knowingly telling a lie to the public and his employer. It would be monumentally stupid on Darby's behalf.

I personally think the Uber driver's story is odd, or atleast questionable. Either way, unless there is something that proves Winston was in the front seat and Darby and Jameis are lying I don't see the NFL suspending Winston based on the allegation of an anonymous Uber driver when you have a witness contradicting her story.

But IF that evidence comes to light that proves Jameis was in the front seat and was the lone passenger I'd agree w/ Nano. He's done based on his history, fair or not.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:33 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I get that Darby was Winston's college teammate and the two were together (w/ Chris Casher) when the rape allegations occurred at FSU, so the skepticism is very understandable when Darby came to Winston's defense over the weekend regarding this Uber driver.

But I have tough time believing that an NFL player would sacrifice his reputation along with millions of dollars in potential earnings just to cover for his friend by knowingly telling a lie to the public and his employer. It would be monumentally stupid on Darby's behalf.

I personally think the Uber driver's story is odd, or atleast questionable. Either way, unless there is something that proves Winston was in the front seat and Darby and Jameis are lying I don't see the NFL suspending Winston based on the allegation of an anonymous Uber driver when you have a witness contradicting her story.

But IF that evidence comes to light that proves Jameis was in the front seat and was the lone passenger I'd agree w/ Nano. He's done based on his history, fair or not.

I think it's equally odd that a woman would file a fake complaint on Jameis, banning him from Uber. Then 2 years later after this #metoo campaign starts explaining to a source what happen anomalously, not seeking sort of compensation or fame. That's a 2 year long con for what? Think she's an Auburn fan? Maybe getting vengeance for Kinsman?

I lean toward something likely happening. I think it's less outlandish that Darby would lie (knowing it's nearly impossible to prove) then this seemingly random woman would go through this much work for no money or fame.

At the end of the day, there is very little chance in anyone finding the "truth". I think he will be suspended, simply because of the climate, and we will move on.
uscbucsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions