Jameis Winston at OBP on visit today

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston at OBP on visit today

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:His ass looks fat in that picture. Lazy bum.

You can see his ass thru his jeans? Damn you're looking hard(no pun intended)

Do you not ever get sarcasm?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:41 pm

It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but as a fan I like that Jameis seems to genuinely WANT to play in Tampa. When is the last time we have had that from a "marquee" player?

Mariota seems to want to play elsewhere (Browns? WTF). I am certain either player will give 100% wherever they land, but it feels good to know a player is hoping to come play for our small market, no fanfare, forgotten Bucs.
PrimeMinister

Postby PetePierson » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:46 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but as a fan I like that Jameis seems to genuinely WANT to play in Tampa. When is the last time we have had that from a "marquee" player?

Mariota seems to want to play elsewhere (Browns? WTF). I am certain either player will give 100% wherever they land, but it feels good to know a player is hoping to come play for our small market, no fanfare, forgotten Bucs.

I really don't get the anti "small market" argument. Yeah, less sponsorship / endorsement opportunities. But what about the quality of life in Florida? the weather? most importantly, NO STATE INCOME TAX. Plus, the chance to live a somewhat normal life and maintain some semblance of anonymity .

I would think those would outweigh the pros of being in a market like NYC.
PetePierson

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
You can see his ass thru his jeans? Damn you're looking hard(no pun intended)

Yep. But you don't...
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

Yep. But you don't...

So I was being serious with my fat ass comment? Good to know.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:55 pm

PetePierson wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but as a fan I like that Jameis seems to genuinely WANT to play in Tampa. When is the last time we have had that from a "marquee" player?

I really don't get the anti "small market" argument. Yeah, less sponsorship / endorsement opportunities. But what about the quality of life in Florida? the weather? most importantly, NO STATE INCOME TAX. Plus, the chance to live a somewhat normal life and maintain some semblance of anonymity .

I understand what you're saying, but reality shows a different story. Florida weather does not appear to outweigh 0 true Primetiem games, crap attendance, playing in relative obscurity, etc. Players don't appear to like to play here. Sucks, but it's true.

Also, I would probably take the market where I could make more in endorsements. Your playing career won't be that long so the larger markets may offer more money for the time you play and more options for your post playing career.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Yep. But you don't...

No....clearly I was being serious about mine.....clearly. (lighten up old man! GEEZ)
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

No....clearly I was being serious about mine.....clearly. (lighten up old man! GEEZ)

Ah. Got me. Dammit! :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Teitan wrote:Image
Jameis Winston meets WR Vincent Jackson during a tour of the Bucs facility Tuesday morning.

Thought bubbles:

Jackson: You seem like an okay kid, but you're gonna have to prove you can hang. You up for it?

Winston: Holy **** it's Vincent Jackson!
Mountaineer Buc

Re: Jameis Winston in Tampa on 3-day visit

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Per Adam Schefter

Visit is described as "unprecedented" b/c top pick have not visited teams this early in the draft process before.

Visit also considered to be "Glazer - centric"

I would be more interested in knowing if his agent is accompanying him. If so, this could well be the start of contract talks.

Isn't his contract, for the most part, predetermined?
mightyleemoon

Re: Jameis Winston in Tampa on 3-day visit

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:54 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:Isn't his contract, for the most part, predetermined?

Yes, the $$ value is already predetermined. Specific language can always be negotiated though, and if the team that drafts Winston wants to force specific language into the contract that is uncommon to other contracts than it could possibly lead to a delay. But that shouldn't apply to the Bucs since one would hope we already had that vetted out prior to draft him. Atleast I would think so..
DreadNaught

Postby Dutchman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Jameis sure looks a lot like this guy from In Living Color.

Dutchman

Postby Hit55 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 pm

It could be attributed to the fact that he's called Florida home for awhile. But one could also argue that he's just so bent on wanting to be picked first overall that he'd really want to play for any team, whether it were Tampa or not...so long as they were currently "on the clock."
Hit55

Postby BUCCABEER » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:46 pm

Hit55 wrote:

It could be attributed to the fact that he's called Florida home for awhile. But one could also argue that he's just so bent on wanting to be picked first overall that he'd really want to play for any team, whether it were Tampa or not...so long as they were currently "on the clock."

This, but keep in mind there is some historical Noles players that were Bucs, so it's not that far fetched that he's been thinking about that history and wants to create the latest Noles legacy in a buc uniform
BUCCABEER

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:51 pm

LOCK UP YOUR WIFE AND KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, everyone should be very aware he's in town, especially females.

SHOW ME ON THE DUMMY WHERE JAMEIS TOUCHED YOU!!!
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Hit55 wrote:It could be attributed to the fact that he's called Florida home for awhile. But one could also argue that he's just so bent on wanting to be picked first overall that he'd really want to play for any team, whether it were Tampa or not...so long as they were currently "on the clock."

This.

If you goobers really believe the kid is dying to play for us you're about as smart as he is. :roll:

He's been coached to say and do the right thing by his agent, securing #1 overall means max dollars.

If Titans were first he'd be excited to play there.

Come on people..... :roll:
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:58 pm

OMG man, just stop, please!

Do yourself a favor Goober, don't believe every fluff piece written and/or spoken.

This kid (and his agent/posse) wants to get paid. Starts and stops there.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:04 pm

PetePierson wrote:I really don't get the anti "small market" argument. Yeah, less sponsorship / endorsement opportunities. But what about the quality of life in Florida? the weather? most importantly, NO STATE INCOME TAX. Plus, the chance to live a somewhat normal life and maintain some semblance of anonymity .

Pete bringing the HEAT!!!

And he's absolutely right.

Not only tax free down here, not only great weather, low cost of living as so on, more importantly you won't have the intense media glare that you would get in the Big Apple.

Lot of veterans prefer to play elsewhere simply for that reason. Certainly when the money is the same.

Maybe if the Yanks want to grossly overvalue a #4 starter it might be different.

A rookie with his kind of character deficiencies the last place you want to be is a heavily scrutinized 24 hour city like NY, he couldn't stay out of trouble in the woods up in Tally.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:10 pm

BUCCABEER wrote:This, but keep in mind there is some historical Noles players that were Bucs, so it's not that far fetched that he's been thinking about that history and wants to create the latest Noles legacy in a buc uniform

Admin - where's my face palm emoticon? I asked for one thing!!!??????

But no BuccaBeer, this upstanding citizen isn't concerned about his historical impact in Tampa for FSU players, he probably couldn't name two guys from his school that even played here.....

He's looking for good eats, chicks to rape and easy places to steal from. Football is just a way for him to do the other stuff, not like he cares about anyone other than himself....

He's already out of shape again!!? :teeth: :teeth:
Patrick McIrish

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:35 pm

glad to see you were able to catch up on your time away.
Noles1724

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Excuse me?

Just curious Nole, is there anything he could have done that would sour you on the man? Anything?

Or because he made a brief pit stop at Tally on his way to get paid he's going to be your hero forever?

No matter what atrocity you'll always look the other way?

As a wise man said once - those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

And we move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Excuse me?

Just curious Nole, is there anything he could have done that would sour you on the man? Anything?

Or because he made a brief pit stop at Tally on his way to get paid he's going to be your hero forever?

No matter what atrocity you'll always look the other way?

And we move on.

what I met by that is that you obviously weren't online yesterday or you would have been adding your repetitive "insight" then. Not to let a days worth of discussion go by, you made sure to catch up.

not sure what this means.

so my stance is different than yours it's considered to not stand for anything? Or you just found this quote recently and thought this was the most clever way to 'enlighten' a message board?
Noles1724

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:58 pm

I simply asked if there was ANYTHING he could do that would make you not worship the guy?

That's all.

If he wasn't in Tally and was legally CONVICTED of raping both those chicks would you still be a fan?

Not a loaded question, I'm just curious.

And yes I miss a day here and there, not at this place daily, forgive me.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:03 pm

Oh as for the stand for nothing thing, I just threw that in there. You obviously identified with it. Sorry.

I assume based on how defensive you got that no, nothing he could do would stop you from being his biggest fan.

Fair enough, some with nothing in their life go way overboard in clinging to things like what college someone went to.

My criteria goes beyond that.

As an FSU grad I completely understand your thought process though.....

And we move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:03 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:I simply asked if there was ANYTHING he could do that would make you not worship the guy?

That's all.

If he wasn't in Tally and was legally CONVICTED of raping both those chicks would you still be a fan?

Not a loaded question, I'm just curious.

And yes I miss a day here and there, not at this place daily, forgive me.

it's two girls now? doesn't matter, convicted would be an issue..

I'm calling the cops so-and-so just raped me! what's the difference between me and Erica? none..

honestly a conviction is not needed, but the evidence just isn't there. This isn't the OJ trail. In this 'case' there was a glove that was used, and it was probably put on Winston by the accusers teeth.
Noles1724

Postby Seamen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:04 pm

So when Winston is the pick, will we lose some of you "fans"?
Seamen

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Seamen wrote:So when Winston is the pick, will we lose some of you "fans"?

Not sure Mr Semen but plenty of unconscious women in the area will have a little less of you dripping out of their orifices.

Err.... I meant Mr Seamen, sorry.

Carry on sailor.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Noles1724 wrote:it's two girls now? doesn't matter, convicted would be an issue..

Yes, it's always been two girls that accused him. At least two, no telling how many more weren't reported, studies indicate most rapes go unreported.

Why? Just what you saw here, instead of the rapist, the victims go on trial.

No biggie, I knew you'd deflect. One more question.....

What if he was a pedophile from FSU?

Still your hero, even if he managed to avoid being legally convicted?
Patrick McIrish

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Yes, it's always been two girls that accused him.

Was this the 2nd girl you referenced?

A month before the rape accusation became public, the university’s victim advocate learned that a second woman had sought counseling after a sexual encounter with Mr. Winston, according to the prosecutor’s office. The woman did not call it rape — she did not say “no.”

Doesn't seem like much of an accuser to me. Nothing more ever came of that either and was likely a BS report since it was reported by the NY Times, who has slanted this narrative from the beginning.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Just curious, is there anything he could have done that would sour you on the man? Anything?

An arrest or criminal charge for starters. Even displaying poor judgement off the field in the future would sour my opinion. But not clinging onto stories from over a year ago.

The civil citation he received for shoplifting $32 in crab legs is not a criminal arrest in the state of Florida.

Winston has never been charged w/ rape and been cleared and/or exonerated by not 1, not 2, but 3 separate independent investigations. The State Attorney and a former Florida Supreme Court Justice both independently reviewed the evidence and witness testimony and BOTH cleared him. But those 2 rulings along w/ the TPD not finding enough to even charge him doesn't seem to be enough for you.

But don't let facts interrupt your trolling...

I will flip your question back to you and ask; Is there anything he could do (or not do) on and/or off the field moving forward that would change your perception of him?
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions