Jameis Winston at OBP on visit today

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Jameis Winston at OBP on visit today

Postby tampabay4eva » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Teitan wrote:Image
Jameis Winston meets WR Vincent Jackson during a tour of the Bucs facility Tuesday morning.

Thought bubbles:

Jackson: His ass looks fat in those jeans.

FIFY
tampabay4eva

Postby Seamen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:46 pm

I hope this thread doesn't go away, I want to see if the same casual fans are bashing Winston when he's leading us to the playoffs and women continue to throw themselves at him.
Seamen

Postby tampabay4eva » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:49 pm

I hope Seamen learns about run-on sentences.
tampabay4eva

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:57 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
PetePierson wrote:I really don't get the anti "small market" argument. Yeah, less sponsorship / endorsement opportunities. But what about the quality of life in Florida? the weather? most importantly, NO STATE INCOME TAX. Plus, the chance to live a somewhat normal life and maintain some semblance of anonymity .

I would think those would outweigh the pros of being in a market like NYC.

Pete bringing the HEAT!!!

And he's absolutely right.

Not only tax free down here, not only great weather, low cost of living as so on, more importantly you won't have the intense media glare that you would get in the Big Apple.

Lot of veterans prefer to play elsewhere simply for that reason. Certainly when the money is the same.

Maybe if the Yanks want to grossly overvalue a #4 starter it might be different.

A rookie with his kind of character deficiencies the last place you want to be is a heavily scrutinized 24 hour city like NY, he couldn't stay out of trouble in the woods up in Tally.

There's definitely something to this. Brett Favre played most his career in Green Bay and stayed out of trouble. He goes to New York for one year and starts sending out pictures of his pecker.

Michael Vick signs a 100 million dollar contract and all of a sudden he has new "friends and family" members who needed money. We all know how that worked out.

Young kids who've never seen fame or fortune are immediately thrust into the spotlight, given a bunch of cash, and have fans who'll defend them no matter what. Like they can't be touched. That's the type of player that scares me the most. Look at Johnny Manziel.

I hope Winston has his head on straight and is ready for this no matter who he plays for.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Avalanche » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:20 pm

tampabay4eva wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Thought bubbles:

Jackson: His ass looks fat in those jeans.

FIFY

Avalanche

Postby WinstonMagic » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but as a fan I like that Jameis seems to genuinely WANT to play in Tampa. When is the last time we have had that from a "marquee" player?

OMG man, just stop, please!

Do yourself a favor Goober, don't believe every fluff piece written and/or spoken.

This kid (and his agent/posse) wants to get paid. Starts and stops there.

winston is the best prospect since luck

if the titans had the number 1 overall pick like i wish, we wouldnt even hear of andrew luck anymore...... winston would take all his shine.... i hope the bucs take mariota, so winston can go to an easier division like the afc south.... cam will rule the nfc south, wilson and kaepernick will rule the nfc west, teddy will rule the afc north in the coming years, and with winston in the afc south, luck would have no more gimmie wins
WinstonMagic

Postby Seamen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:42 pm

tampabay4eva wrote:I hope Seamen learns about run-on sentences.

Before I submit my essay I will make sure I do, son.
Seamen

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:17 pm

DreadNaught wrote: Even displaying poor judgement off the field in the future would sour my opinion.

WTF??? He hasn't displayed poor judgement to you already? Talking about a Winston apologist, WOW!!!

Let me guess, after the marriage your alcoholic husband is going to quit drinking too? Dummy. We're going to fill the pockets of a clown that has ALWAYS been involved in bad behavior but DN thinks he's going to suddenly make great decisions once he's paid millions. LOL.

DreadNaught wrote:The civil citation he received for shoplifting $32 in crab legs is not a criminal arrest in the state of Florida.

Stealing, taking something of value out of a retail establishment without permission is a crime. Sorry. Police may have certain options when dealing with thieves that steal below certain amounts but walking out of Publix with $32 of crab legs is indeed a crime. Driving violations and other misdemeanors can be written up and dealt with differently as well but they're still crimes.

DreadNaught wrote:TWinston has never been charged w/ rape and been cleared and/or exonerated by not 1, not 2, but 3 separate independent investigations. The State Attorney and a former Florida Supreme Court Justice both independently reviewed the evidence and witness testimony and BOTH cleared him. But those 2 rulings along w/ the TPD not finding enough to even charge him doesn't seem to be enough for you.

And OJ's case was heard by a jury and he was exonerated. Do you think he's innocent of murdering his wife? If he went to FSU I'm sure you would.

Amazing none of these coeds pick out cats like Mariota, they all swarm to people like Cosby and Seafood with these "false" allegations!!? Weird!

Just the FACT this clown stood on a table and screamed FCK HER RIGHT IN THE PUS SY should tell you he's a moron. That's 10 year old stuff. I know you don't recognize that as questionable behavior but in most the free world it's that at a minimum.

Educate yourself a little better in the future before you run out with this weak crap. The guy is a proven thief, sexual deviant, and moron. He's not going to be the face of anything but a wanted poster.

Got it? Great, move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:19 pm

WinstonMagic wrote:

if the titans had the number 1 overall pick like i wish, we wouldnt even hear of andrew luck anymore...... winston would take all his shine.... i hope the bucs take mariota, so winston can go to an easier division like the afc south....

Sounds like we're on the same page.

And props to you, you sound a lot more intelligent than most the Winston lovers.
Patrick McIrish

Postby WinstonMagic » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
WinstonMagic wrote:

if the titans had the number 1 overall pick like i wish, we wouldnt even hear of andrew luck anymore...... winston would take all his shine.... i hope the bucs take mariota, so winston can go to an easier division like the afc south....

Sounds like we're on the same page.

And props to you, you sound a lot more intelligent than most the Winston lovers.

mariota lovers will learn that running qbs dont last

i used to ride for rg3 hard, but thats it... im done with them.... thank god all the big strong black qbs in the future coming out in college are pocket passers that can run and not vice versa
WinstonMagic

Postby Patrick McIrish » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:33 pm

You mean after Winston on the run part, right? He runs like an OL man, LOL.

Dude is slow and nonathletic.

I do agree that pocket passers are best, those that can run add another dimension. Unfortunately JW is not one of those with the extra dimension.

We're hoping a guy that played in the lowly ACC with superior athletes to throw to will be able to beat NFL corners with one of the worst OL's in the game.

And he a GREAT OL to beat the rocket scientist at Duke with.

It's more likely I end up as the new QB than it does JW leads us anywhere but the sewer.
Patrick McIrish

Postby NYBF » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:58 am

tampabay4eva wrote:I hope Seamen

OOCA?
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:32 am

Quick 1:18 'Behind the scenes' video w/ Licht talking about Winston's visit

http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos ... 187c25b6e8

More 'publicity' coming out of OBP about Winston. Likely just trying to warm the fan base to the possibility should that be the direction we go.

I will say that Licht can't seem to knock that '**** eating grin' off his face when he talks about Winston.

Ira Kaufman ‏@IKaufmanTBO
If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren't truly leaning heavily toward Jameis Winston, they are concocting one very elaborate smokescreen
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:48 am

DreadNaught wrote:Quick 1:18 'Behind the scenes' video w/ Licht talking about Winston's visit

http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos ... 187c25b6e8

More 'publicity' coming out of OBP about Winston. Likely just trying to warm the fan base to the possibility should that be the direction we go.

I will say that Licht can't seem to knock that '**** eating grin' off his face when he talks about Winston.

Ira Kaufman ‏@IKaufmanTBO
If the Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren't truly leaning heavily toward Jameis Winston, they are concocting one very elaborate smokescreen

As a scout Licht has to love what he sees from Winston.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:53 am

PrimeMinister wrote:As a scout Licht has to love what he sees from Winston.

My personal feeling is that Licht is all in on Winston. He's made multiple subtle comments that would indicate that is who is championing for.
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:04 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:As a scout Licht has to love what he sees from Winston.

My personal feeling is that Licht is all in on Winston. He's made multiple subtle comments that would indicate that is who is championing for.

He's trying his hardest to keep his excitement down but he isn't fooling anyone. IMO there is nothing subtle about his comments.
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

He's trying his hardest to keep his excitement down but he isn't fooling anyone. IMO there is nothing subtle about his comments.

That grin reminds me of the Cheshire Cat. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Good point, not very subtle at all. Between the "You don't win w/ choir boys" comment when being interviewed (about Winston) before the combine, to the endorsement at the combine, now w/ this, it seems evident that Licht has justified Winston in his mind already. The fact he gone public so many times makes me think that is the consensus within OBP. If everyone wasn't on the same page, why be so public?
DreadNaught

Postby Teitan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Yeah the PR train has been rolling for awhile to get the fans who don't want Winston on board.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Licht might run to the stage and hug Winston himself.
PrimeMinister

Postby BJJ34 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:30 am

I used to really respect PMI as a poster,

But these attempts at trolling are worse than Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 combined were.
BJJ34

Postby StillCSG » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:46 am

BJJ34 wrote:I used to really respect PMI as a poster,

But these attempts at trolling are worse than Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 combined were.

Thankfully nobody ever made that mistake with you.....

pity yes.....respect....yeah not so much
StillCSG

Postby Patrick McIrish » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Good to hear, I hate being "respected" on a board designed to hear opinions, nowhere to go but down.

Winston is a mistake, period. You thinking it's a troll job is not unusual though....

They said I was trolling when I warned about letting Thomas Jones go.

And bringing in Charley Garner.

And Tim Brown.

And all the OL (Stuessie, Stinkbombs, Deese and so on).

They said I was trolling when I said if we allowed Chuck to run McKay out of town it'll be at least a decade before we win another playoff game. Still a goose egg.

They said I was trolling when I said Carolina would win the SB, they did, before the season started!

They said I was trolling when I said Trent Dilfer was plenty good enough to win a SB, he did so the very next year.

Could write another 2 hours of my incredible "troll" attempts that played out just the way I envisioned.

I know more about the game than all of you, Winston is not the guy to turn this around......

In fact he's going to be firmly planted IN THE WAY! We'll see in a few years how right I am if we make this mistake.

But yes, casual fans see troll jobs on things they don't understand. The 1% like myself see the future. Doubt it ever changes....

And we move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:00 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Licht might run to the stage and hug Winston himself.

One thing for sure, Licht has plenty enough speed to catch this lardass.
Patrick McIrish

Postby CamCam » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:38 pm

It's not the real PMI. It's more of a jawbreaker with a twist. The real PMI is gone for good.
CamCam

Postby Patrick McIrish » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Very true, the original PMI is gone. I'm just a cheap imitation.

Of course we've already established this about 2 months ago but better late than never.
Patrick McIrish

Previous

Return to Team Discussions