Week 1(11) Opponent - Flying south to face the Phins

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Week 1(11) Opponent - Flying south to face the Phins

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:19 am

Cheb wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Nice talk, btw it’s very admirable the way you defend tinker bell . Just wanted you to know.

Defend from what? Okay, let's walk through your talking points, such as they are. There are only two. They both suck, but you asked for it, and my heart bleeds for the ignorant among us. Let's get into it.

Point one. Your grammar and syntax. Their consistently poor quality are an objective fact. That you keep replying with the same crude mistakes that children could correct makes it all the worst. That's not being the grammar police. No one is arguing the Oxford comma or proper semicolon use. It's basically English. My six year old nephew puts together better sentences.

Second... I dunno, the idea that I'm a professional high school coach? Very few people are. You may not know this, but the overwhelmingly vast majority of high school head coaches make a pittance. Most are full-time school teachers in addition to the hours they spend on the field and in the gym and in the film room. Some, like myself, have careers that afford them the time off to spend the hundreds of hours per year mentoring young men in their community.

The old joke is that football coaches are paid a dollar an hour. The average head coach pay in my conference this year is about $6k. I donate my "salary" (8k) back to the program. My coordinators get 5k, position coaches get 4k. When you add up all the hours of work we put in, it's not too far from minimum wage.

Unless you are coaching a top high school in Texas, where full time head coaches can make over $100k per year, no one is a "professional high school coach." To say otherwise is ignorant.

Explaining all that to a guy who can't use a comma or period correctly is probably a bit overboard. But I have a weakness for the unwashed and downtrodden.

Tinker Bell? Negro, s'il vous plaît.

Not gonna read through 6 paragraphs of bullshit, dude can’t you get a point across without writing a book . This is a message board , not a term paper or a LSAT Test .
It appears I offended your wife .

The donating salary is admirable but you need to stop having sex with boots , it’s not good .
Jason Bourne

Postby Cheb » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:48 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Cheb wrote:Actually, I'm a professional mechanical engineer.

Can you come revalve my Kawasaki KX 450 for me please. I’m all out of shims

I'm better with cars than motorcycles, but sure. :)
Cheb

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 pm

> DE Robert Ayers (ankle/calf) - Limited Participation
> T Demar Dotson (hamstring) - Limited Participation
> DE William Gholston (neck) - Did Not Participate
> CB Vernon Hargreaves (hamstring) - Did Not Participate
> CB Robert McClain (hamstring) - Full Participation
> DT Gerald McCoy (shoulder/back) - Limited Participation
> T Donovan Smith (knee) - Limited Participation
> G J.R. Sweezy (knee) - Limited Participation
> QB Jameis Winston (right shoulder) - Did Not Participate

DOLPHINS

> G Jermon Bushrod (shoulder) - Full Participation
> DE William Hayes (knee) - Full Participation
> LB Mike Hull (shoulder/ankle) - Full Participation
> S Reshad Jones (groin/shoulder) - Full Participation
> WR Jarvis Landry (chest) - Full Participation
> CB Bobby McCain (hamstring) - Limited Participation
> RB Senorise Perry (knee) - Did Not Participate
> WR Kenny Stills (back) - Limited Participation
> DT Ndamukong Suh (knee) - Did Not Participate
> S Michael Thomas (knee) - Limited Participation
Bootz2004

Postby ComingThisFall » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Reedy waived, Martino next man up. Huh. I thought Reedy was doing well.
ComingThisFall

Postby SIBucsFan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:05 pm

ComingThisFall wrote:Reedy waived, Martino next man up. Huh. I thought Reedy was doing well.

That is strange.

Also, no one else on the team has returned a punt or kickoff so far this season. I guess it will be Ryan Smith and Justin Evans at KR and Humphries at PR.
SIBucsFan

Postby Caradoc » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Maybe Reedy is Jameis’ designated fall guy
Caradoc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:20 pm

DreadNaught

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Hopefully the Buccaneers can get a win from this game. The Dolphins are beatable with their boom or bust defense, if we can score on them early and put pressure on them, that defense tends to buckle. Bonus is their offense doesn't often keep them in games either so if we get in front and play good complimentary football this could be a good win for us. Which considering the recent news would be a bit of a relief.

My prediction: Bucs 24 - 17 Dolphins

With that said, I am somewhat conflicted about what this team should do the remainder of the season. I hate losing. I hate tanking. I would love to see our Bucs win out and try (and likely fail) to make the play offs. I believe that for this team to take that next step we need to get into that winning habit. That would help the development of our young players because they would start to get into that winning habit. However, in light of the recent news which might bring Jameis' future with this team into question, combined with how unlikely it is that we will make the play offs, I am starting to come around to the idea of accepting that this is a lost season and to do what we can to improve our draft situation so we are in a position to either draft the BPA or a new quarterback if the investigation makes it difficult/impossible to go forwards with Jameis.
Mike

Postby Hit55 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:09 pm

ComingThisFall wrote:Reedy waived, Martino next man up. Huh. I thought Reedy was doing well.

Wow! That’s insane! And he almost broke one last week. That sucks.
Hit55

Previous

Return to Team Discussions