Run. The. Table.

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Run. The. Table.

Postby Doctor » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:47 pm

"Doc is self medicating again"

Perhaps. But this is where our D turned it around last year (what's with that?) and if that D shows up again it will make for an interesting December. While the divisions seem to be all but locked up the NFC Wildcard is pretty open. The runner up between the Seahawks and Rams will likely take one, but for the second you have:

Panthers 6-3 whom we still have to play again
Falcons 5-4 whom we still have to play twice
GB and Det at 5-4 whom we also have to play
Dallas at 5-4 who is now w/o Zeke
Was and AZ at 4-5
Bucs at 3-6

Yeah, it's a long climb, but given we play almost all the teams in our way (and can take the tie breaker), there's no reason any player in this locker room should be throwing in the towel just yet.
Doctor

Re: Run. The. Table.

Postby KiffininCanton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 pm

"best" trolling homer on this board since Qman
KiffininCanton

Postby Nano » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Least he admits to self medicating again
Nano

Postby RedLeader » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:46 am

I can dig it.
RedLeader

Postby Caradoc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 am

Baby, can you dig your man?
Caradoc

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 am

Hey! If the offense does good things and the defense does good things, thats kinda like playing as a team - right? I have been waiting for that all year.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 am

A nice start would be for Miami to knock off the Panthers and then we slap the crap out of Miami next week.
mdb1958

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 am

Other than the Saints game to close the season the Bucs don't play anyone that is really playing well right now or looks to be threat in the playoffs. So the next 6 games are winnable. But based on this 2017 version of the Bucs we could lose every single one also.

IF we can find a away to establish our running game AND the Defense & Special teams plays how they did yesterday we will have in chance. But we dug ourselves too big a hole already so even if we start clicking as a team our margin of error is razor thin.
DreadNaught

Postby Kress » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:29 am

Can we do it? 99% no. Maybe 99.9% no.

But you're saying there's a chance. (Insert Jim Carrey pic). So keep playing. I like it.
Kress

Postby acmillis » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 am

Even if we get to 10, I think this is one of those years that 10 wins will not be good enough to get in.
acmillis

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 am

acmillis wrote:Even if we get to 10, I think this is one of those years that 10 wins will not be good enough to get in.

Maybe.. But if by some miracle we reach 10 wins it means we will have beaten the Panthers, so as long as they lose one other NFC game we would own the tiebreaker over them (Conference record).

I wouldn't bet on any 10 win team missing the playoffs in the NFC this season. It rarely happens for a reason.
DreadNaught

Postby Doctor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:28 am

acmillis wrote:Even if we get to 10, I think this is one of those years that 10 wins will not be good enough to get in.

I have to disagree. Too many injuries and the league is a mess. Zeke out for 5 more games. Rodgers out. If anything I think the WC will be a 9-7 team.
Doctor

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 am

The very least I expect is we start playing as a team and we whip up some whup ass while doing it some of the time.
mdb1958

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:49 am

God damn I would much rather this team lose out than get 10 wins and go one and done in the playoffs. Give me a top 5-10 pick and the best offensive or defensive lineman available.
The Outsider

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm

The Outsider wrote:God damn I would much rather this team lose out than get 10 wins and go one and done in the playoffs. Give me a top 5-10 pick and the best offensive or defensive lineman available.

Hell no. **** that. Give me a playoff game all day and twice on Sunday. Good and great players are drafted 24-32 as well.
PrimeMinister

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:44 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
The Outsider wrote:God damn I would much rather this team lose out than get 10 wins and go one and done in the playoffs. Give me a top 5-10 pick and the best offensive or defensive lineman available.

Hell no. **** that. Give me a playoff game all day and twice on Sunday. Good and great players are drafted 24-32 as well.

Ah, well good thing I wasn't concerned with what other fans want.

The season is already over at this point. I'd rather take the positioning to grab one of the best linemen in the draft over an utterly meaningless playoff game.

I mean, what does a playoff game really do for the franchise? Make the Glazers more money?
The Outsider

Postby Konatown » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:25 pm

I’m tired of wanting a high draft pick. Been doing that for 10 years and it’s not fun seeing your team suck to get a top 5 pick.

This is what has made this year so frustrating, we were finally moving out of the basement only to see them piss it away in the first half of the season. They probably won’t make the playoffs at this point, but I’ll be cheering for us to win every week because I’m sick of rooting to lose.
Konatown

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:41 pm

I never root for the team to lose. Ever. It just doesn't bother me anymore.
The Outsider

Postby BucJordan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm

The Outsider wrote:The season is already over at this point. I'd rather take the positioning to grab one of the best linemen in the draft over an utterly meaningless playoff game.

I mean, what does a playoff game really do for the franchise? Make the Glazers more money?

LOL. I mean, this has almost no chance of happening and is completely hypothetical, but you would choose NOT to end the season on an 8-game winning streak, and making the playoffs? I guess maybe I felt that way in 2005-07, when the cupboard really felt bare and our best players were near retirement.

But now? We have enough top 10 picks on this team. We've been accumulating talent for YEARS. Where the hell has it gotten us and what is one more going to do? Plenty of teams manage to take productive players in the 20-30 range, all while maintaining culture where playoffs are the expectation, year after year. Meanwhile, winning 8 in a row and heading into the playoffs ON FIRE is a pretty good indication that our coaches have figured it out, and it would be nothing but positive to have this team experience a playoff game. How could any fan of this team not want that?
BucJordan

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm

BucJordan wrote:
The Outsider wrote:The season is already over at this point. I'd rather take the positioning to grab one of the best linemen in the draft over an utterly meaningless playoff game.

LOL. I mean, this has almost no chance of happening and is completely hypothetical, but you would choose NOT to end the season on an 8-game winning streak, and making the playoffs? I guess maybe I felt that way in 2005-07, when the cupboard really felt bare and our best players were near retirement.

But now? We have enough top 10 picks on this team. We've been accumulating talent for YEARS. Where the hell has it gotten us and what is one more going to do? Plenty of teams manage to take productive players in the 20-30 range, all while maintaining culture where playoffs are the expectation, year after year. Meanwhile, winning 8 in a row and heading into the playoffs ON FIRE is a pretty good indication that our coaches have figured it out, and it would be nothing but positive to have this team experience a playoff game. How could any fan of this team not want that?

How good was the last half of 2016. Sure looked like the coaches had figured it out then. And are you really putting this organization in the same category as perennial playoff teams? Those organizations can do that for a couple of reasons. They have the best personnel departments in the league and they have a good enough core to sustain success even if they do miss on a few personnel decisions.

The Bucs have neither of those things.
The Outsider

Postby pewterpirates » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:12 pm

pewterpirates

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Winning games will always be more important than losing for draft position. Only pathetic losers aim to lose games for a draft pick. That doesn't show your fanbase or team that you're serious about winning football games and is the easiest way to lose support all around. Play to win.
Bootz2004

Postby BucJordan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm

The Outsider wrote:
BucJordan wrote:

How good was the last half of 2016. Sure looked like the coaches had figured it out then. And are you really putting this organization in the same category as perennial playoff teams? Those organizations can do that for a couple of reasons. They have the best personnel departments in the league and they have a good enough core to sustain success even if they do miss on a few personnel decisions.

The Bucs have neither of those things.

It stands to reason that the first step to becoming one of those perennial playoff teams is, you know, actually making the playoffs. Then keeping a coach and scheme around for more than two years and acquiring additional talent to play in that scheme. I'll go ahead and root for that, no matter how unlikely.

Our talent core is not the problem on this team. We are more talented than several teams with better records, including the one we just beat. Right now focus and communication look like bigger issues, which come down to coaching. I HOPE Koetter and Mike Smith figure out the source of these issues, and an 8 game win streak would be a pretty positive sign. It would sure beat the hell out of another firing, coaching search, and top 10 pick.
BucJordan

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm

The Outsider wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Ah, well good thing I wasn't concerned with what other fans want.

The season is already over at this point. I'd rather take the positioning to grab one of the best linemen in the draft over an utterly meaningless playoff game.

So in this hypothetical scenario you're saying an NFL team on an 8 game win streak would be sure to lose their opening round Wild Card game? I sure as **** wouldn't want to face any team in the playoffs that was on that kind of streak.
DreadNaught

Postby Moozician » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Run. The. Table.

Dilly, Dilly!
Moozician

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Winning games will always be more important than losing for draft position. Only pathetic losers aim to lose games for a draft pick. That doesn't show your fanbase or team that you're serious about winning football games and is the easiest way to lose support all around. Play to win.

Still confused about whether or not fans play the game, huh Bootz?
MJW

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 pm

I simply stated the outcome I preferred. Not that I want the team to tank. I just think it's a real possibility that they finish with 6 or less wins, much more so than they make the playoffs and objectively, the better draft pick is probably more important in the scheme of things than a playoff game that this team will likely lose. This isn't a good football team.
The Outsider

Postby MJW » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:03 pm

I will always root my **** off for every win until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Then I will root for more draft capital because unlike season-to-season "momentum," draft capital actually exists in the NFL and has value.
MJW

Postby Native Son » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:35 pm

All these offensive weapons...
Native Son

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 pm

MJW wrote:I will always root my **** off for every win until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Then I will root for more draft capital because unlike season-to-season "momentum," draft capital actually exists in the NFL and has value.

So, two weeks then?
The Outsider

Next

Return to Team Discussions