Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Tampa

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Tampa

Postby KiffininCanton » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:47 am

A new narrative has developed on this board this week that the discipline problems with this team isn't Dirk's fault. It's the Glazers fault because of there constant firing of HC's undermines Dirk's authority with the team.

While I have been plenty critical of the Glazer's, this is one area where I'll come to their defense. Lack of discipline has been a pattern with Dirk Koetter that predates his Tampa days

https://www.bucsnation.com/2016/1/10/10 ... harassment

The fact is, the scene Sunday during the Evans incident, where Dirk was walking the sideline acting as if he seen nothing says everything about Dirk's leadership style.
KiffininCanton
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:52 am

A new narrative starts every single week. Casuals think they have all of the answers and know what the scoop is. But the question remains the same: Why did no one highlight these issues the week prior?
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17707
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 389 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby MJW » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:59 am

Bootz2004 wrote:A new narrative starts every single week. Casuals think they have all of the answers and know what the scoop is. But the question remains the same: Why did no one highlight these issues the week prior?


You keep beating this horse...like everyone failing to discuss every aspect of everything, at all times means that they NEVER can with any credibility. Even if you had a point (you don't), what's your endgame by bringing this up IN EVERY THREAD? Everyone is a hypocrite but you because we don't have a fairness doctrine in place on the board?

We are discussing bad things because the team is 2-6. This should not be taken by the sententious as to mean the good things have ceased to exist, or that the bad things didn't exist when we were 2-1. The bad things are being discussed because their relevance is shitting all over our Sundays. The bad things are being discussed because they very well may lead to a regime change. The bad things are being discussed because they may have heavy bearing on the future of the team. Nobody will give a **** about the good stuff if Koetter is fired, now will they?
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6515
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Caradoc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:A new narrative starts every single week. Casuals think they have all of the answers and know what the scoop is. But the question remains the same: Why did no one highlight these issues the week prior?



Hey superfan. Check the date on that article.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Caradoc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:15 pm

This is the part of the thread where Bootsie starts talking out both sides of his mouth...
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby doooshnzl » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Caradoc wrote:This is the part of the thread where Bootsie starts talking out both sides of his mouth...

And his ass.
User avatar
doooshnzl
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:51 am
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby deltbucs » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:48 am

KiffininCanton wrote:A new narrative has developed on this board this week that the discipline problems with this team isn't Dirk's fault. It's the Glazers fault because of there constant firing of HC's undermines Dirk's authority with the team.

While I have been plenty critical of the Glazer's, this is one area where I'll come to their defense. Lack of discipline has been a pattern with Dirk Koetter that predates his Tampa days

https://www.bucsnation.com/2016/1/10/10 ... harassment

The fact is, the scene Sunday during the Evans incident, where Dirk was walking the sideline acting as if he seen nothing says everything about Dirk's leadership style.

I kept waiting to get to the part in the article where I talked about how Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick are shitty coaches and lack leadership because they had a mass murder on their teams.....
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 4081
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 180 times
Been thanked: 258 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Caradoc » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:01 pm

I think the point that article was trying to make wasn't that he had a troublemaker on his team but rather that he allowed trouble to continue even knowing about it. Your guess is as good as mine whether that is what really happened. So, not the same thing.

TBH though, after watching Dirk watch the fight last week on camera, and doing nothing, then going into his press conference and claiming he didn't see a thing when he was clearly on camera watching it, doesn't make me inclined to think better of him.
Last edited by Caradoc on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Caradoc » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Still photo of Dirk Koetter press conference:

Image
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Yeah not sure how Dirk keeps claiming he didn’t see the fight when we see him on camera watching it. Also even if he were telling the truth (he isn’t) how does the Head Coach not see that fight?
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 5854
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 151 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby DanTurksGhost » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Anyone who looks at this team and doesn't see an undisciplined squad is blind. And that goes on coaching.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:35 am

That was what was said about Lovi's team. Lovie should have been given a 3rd year to at least build up that defense....they rushed to anoint a Falcons reject as the next great one after Winston made him look good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Front office to blame...now you have no fall guy.
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Caradoc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:05 am

sanka wrote:That was what was said about Lovi's team. Lovie should have been given a 3rd year to at least build up that defense....they rushed to anoint a Falcons reject as the next great one after Winston made him look good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Front office to blame...now you have no fall guy.


Lovie wasn't building up ****. And you can't blame "the Front Office" when it was clear from the beginning this was yet another reactionary Glazer hire.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:17 am

Caradoc wrote:
sanka wrote:That was what was said about Lovi's team. Lovie should have been given a 3rd year to at least build up that defense....they rushed to anoint a Falcons reject as the next great one after Winston made him look good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Front office to blame...now you have no fall guy.


Lovie wasn't building up ****. And you can't blame "the Front Office" when it was clear from the beginning this was yet another reactionary Glazer hire.

Wasn't Licht and Lovie trying to build up the offense via draft of Evans and Winston with the first round pick? While Aaron Donald was still on the board in 2014.
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Caradoc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:09 am

duplicate post
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Caradoc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:11 am

sanka wrote:
Caradoc wrote:
Lovie wasn't building up ****. And you can't blame "the Front Office" when it was clear from the beginning this was yet another reactionary Glazer hire.

Wasn't Licht and Lovie trying to build up the offense via draft of Evans and Winston with the first round pick? While Aaron Donald was still on the board in 2014.



Lovie wanted Evans and ASJ to be ready after he tanked the year for Jameis. The tank was already in motion. Licht just did what Lovie wanted that year on the big things - prime picks, FA. It was downstream from that where he starts to get graded IMO.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3090
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:34 am

Caradoc wrote:
sanka wrote:Wasn't Licht and Lovie trying to build up the offense via draft of Evans and Winston with the first round pick? While Aaron Donald was still on the board in 2014.



Lovie wanted Evans and ASJ to be ready after he tanked the year for Jameis. The tank was already in motion. Licht just did what Lovie wanted that year on the big things - prime picks, FA. It was downstream from that where he starts to get graded IMO.


I love it when casuals try to manipulate situations to fit their own narratives instead of using logic and going with the facts. All of this is poorly formed hypothesis at best.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17707
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 389 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 am

Caradoc wrote:
sanka wrote:Wasn't Licht and Lovie trying to build up the offense via draft of Evans and Winston with the first round pick? While Aaron Donald was still on the board in 2014.



Lovie wanted Evans and ASJ to be ready after he tanked the year for Jameis. The tank was already in motion. Licht just did what Lovie wanted that year on the big things - prime picks, FA. It was downstream from that where he starts to get graded IMO.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Caradoc even from your point of view, this funny as hell...I mean WTF.....where is MaryJane?
Last edited by sanka on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3416
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Patrick McIrish » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:00 am

DK is soft.

I know that because he doesn't go up and pull Mike Smith out of the press box by his fing ear and march him down to where his team is.

Ridiculous.

And none of this is new, I've said for a long time we are outcoached on both sides of the ball and have been for a while.

Soft, no leadership, no discipline, and head of the defense sitting in the press box on game day, gee I can't imagine why we aren't winning.


:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Patrick McIrish » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:00 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:Anyone who looks at this team and doesn't see an undisciplined squad is blind. And that goes on coaching.



Correct.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Patrick McIrish » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:01 am

sanka wrote:That was what was said about Lovi's team. Lovie should have been given a 3rd year to at least build up that defense....they rushed to anoint a Falcons reject as the next great one after Winston made him look good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Front office to blame...now you have no fall guy.



Correct.
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:DK is soft.

I know that because he doesn't go up and pull Mike Smith out of the press box by his fing ear and march him down to where his team is.

Ridiculous.

And none of this is new, I've said for a long time we are outcoached on both sides of the ball and have been for a while.

Soft, no leadership, no discipline, and head of the defense sitting in the press box on game day, gee I can't imagine why we aren't winning.


:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:


How can Mike Smith coordinate and eat chicken fingers on the sideline, PMI? The press box allows one to multitask.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Lack of discipline on Dirk lead teams didn't start in Ta

Postby Patrick McIrish » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:


It's just ridiculous it's been allowed to go on as long as it has. We are last in several defensive categories, big one's like sacks and getting off the field on 3rd down.

Almost every thing else we are bottom half. It's NOT WORKING! If you do something out of the box it should be effective, if not the head coach needs to reel his fat ass back in.

The Smith problem goes well beyond stats. We can't sack anyone, nor can we cover anyone. We can't shut anyone or anything down.

On game day we don't dictate anything on defense except how long to fry the chicken fingers.

It's just fing ridiculous DK doesn't have the balls to get him down on the sidelines where his players and coaches are!

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Patrick McIrish
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:55 pm
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 91 times


post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caradoc, dcbucsfan, doooshnzl, Google [Bot], Ken Carson, Majestic-12 [Bot], Nano, Rocker, Sammich, Truebuc and 16 guests