Bold Prediction - Bucs Will Win 2 in a Row

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Bold Prediction - Bucs Will Win 2 in a Row

Postby BUCCABEER » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 pm

The Bucs sitting Jameis for a couple of weeks and Mike Evans Suspension may be the turning point we really needed. My bold prediction, we're winning the next 2 games. The reason has more to do with the mental aspect of where we are as a team then anything else.

JW is clearly trying to hard to "act" like the leader rather than playing like one. I posted a couple weeks ago I thought he should find a way to hand over the leadership role to Mike Evans who is clearly one of the Top 10 WRs in the league. His play earns him the right, JW needs to earn it too. We'll go into Sunday with JW on the bench, and his As* needs to stay there at pre-game. I don't know what's going to happen, but my guess it's going to be all business before the game and no antics. In fact, I'm guessing the DEF takes a lead role in getting the ship righted.

Fitz is not going to win us the game, but with Mike Evans out I think this helps the Coach. He's going to have to simplify the play calling, we'll probably see quicker throws, and focus more on match ups we can exploit rather than trying to get X amount to this guy, and X amount to that guy, and try to hit X explosive plays.

A simple offense focused on efficiency, with no preconceived expectations, could say a lot for how we roll in the future.

If the offense can be efficient, and we can get some confidence going, our DEF will follow. I see the DEF trying to take over this game and the next one. Everything combined leads to two wins for the Bucs.

Now, it's the Jets and Dolphins, so most people would have said easy wins at the beginning of the season, but I honestly wouldn't be too sure if JW and Mike were playing this week. I think we would have played the same stupid way and hoped for a different result. With them not playing, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT and that could be the spark and Ah Ha moment this team and coach needs.

We shall see, Go Bucs!
BUCCABEER

Re: Bold Prediction - Bucs Will Win 2 in a Row

Postby tjax03 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Id rather keep losing so the root of the problem is addressed which is koetter and his archaic style of coaching and mike Smith.

If we win they won't get fired
tjax03

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:28 pm

tjax03 wrote:Id rather keep losing so the root of the problem is addressed which is koetter and his archaic style of coaching and mike Smith.

Just when you think it can't get any worse.....
Bootz2004

Postby BUCCABEER » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:37 pm

tjax03 wrote:Id rather keep losing so the root of the problem is addressed which is koetter and his archaic style of coaching and mike Smith.

Look at it this way. They could blow this whole thing up and we really have no certainty of what the next regime will do and what success will come. On the other hand, If they find some ray of hope that shows they have been just trying too hard this whole time, we are not that far off. A lot of the crap we see each week are mental mistakes, over thinking it, just go play football.

Teams like the Jets, Jaguars, Rams, and Eagles are good examples of being flashy, just playing hard nosed football.
BUCCABEER

Postby BUCCABEER » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 pm

I'm halfway there......The offense didn't play the way I anticipated. When we did the quick, short routes, we moved the ball. I am hoping for our Tight Ends to be more involved next week. Kudos to the Defense for playing a solid game.
BUCCABEER

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Defense plays like today , I can see it happening
Jason Bourne

Postby Agent Orange » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:19 pm

You were pretty much dead on with that prediction.
Agent Orange

Postby BUCCABEER » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Prediction came true, but the offense didn't exactly do what I expected. I am happy with Fitz's play, I hate the play calling. Defense got us these wins. If the defense finds a way to keep improving, who knows. The offense has the pieces, but we need a serious game plan change.
BUCCABEER

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:37 pm

yup, good call, take your Thanks :sexualvlick:
beardmcdoug

Postby deltbucs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Good call
deltbucs

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:59 pm

What's your prediction for the next 2 games?
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:What's your prediction for the next 2 games?

I predict the Bucs will lose in Atlanta by atleast 10 points this Sunday regardless of who is playing QB for the Bucs.

When that happens I predict Ryan Griffin will start vs either the @Packers or vLions game.
DreadNaught

Postby BUCCABEER » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:What's your prediction for the next 2 games?

There's no scenario that I see us beating the Falcons. My only hope is that there is a lull after a hard win on the West Coast and they play flat. I see us still losing it, but it will be a good game.

We'll beat Green Bay. Our Defense can keep it close and if JW is back he's going to have a lot to prove.

1-1, but playing more like a team that should be.500 than not. My opinion is coaching is what keeps us there.
BUCCABEER

Postby DanTurksGhost » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 pm

QUICK! Change your prediction to "8" instead of "2".
DanTurksGhost

Return to Team Discussions