Jameis Winston: "Shutdown" for "a few weeks"

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Jameis Winston: "Shutdown" for "a few weeks"

Postby SIBucsFan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Per Adam Schefter, per league source:

‪Buccaneers are shutting down QB Jameis Winston for “a few weeks” to rest his injured shoulder, per league source.‬
SIBucsFan

Re: Jameis Winston: "Shutdown" for "a few weeks"

Postby PetePierson » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Three weeks too late.

At least we don't have to watch his moronic pregame speeches for a while.
PetePierson

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm

PetePierson wrote:At least we don't have to watch his moronic pregame speeches for a while.

What's up, Pete? Talked to George Hegamin lately?

And don't tell me you don't want to eat some W's, man! Come on! Eat yourself some W's! They're delicious.
DanTurksGhost

Postby tjax03 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:01 pm

They need to shut koetter and smith down for good
tjax03

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Oh, and BTW... just go ahead and IR him. Ryan Griffin needs a roster spot and PT.
DanTurksGhost

Postby PetePierson » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
What's up, Pete? Talked to George Hegamin lately?

And don't tell me you don't want to eat some W's, man! Come on! Eat yourself some W's! They're delicious.

Oh Big George! But was probably closer to that beast Jorge Diaz & my boy Wunsch.
PetePierson

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:15 pm

PetePierson wrote:Oh Big George! But was probably closer to that beast Jorge Diaz & my boy Wunsch.

Good old Jerry Wunsch:

DanTurksGhost

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:59 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Griffin gets a start or atleast some expended playing time during these "few weeks". No doubt Fitz will start this week vs the Jets, but this is a good time to get Ryan Griffin some actual regular season reps.

In regards to Winston the timetable is "atleast 2 weeks" for his shoulder to heal. I'm no doctor, but that sounds like the injury is not significant and likely just a re-aggravation of his sprained AC joint. So rest and treatment to alleviate the swelling.
DreadNaught

Postby J-Stink » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:07 pm

That should give him some free time to do something really stupid off the field.
J-Stink

Postby deltbucs » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:13 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Griffin gets a start or atleast some expended playing time during these "few weeks". No doubt Fitz will start this week vs the Jets, but this is a good time to get Ryan Griffin some actual regular season reps.

In regards to Winston the timetable is "atleast 2 weeks" for his shoulder to heal. I'm no doctor, but that sounds like the injury is not significant and likely just a re-aggravation of his sprained AC joint. So rest and treatment to alleviate the swelling.

I'd like to see Griffin too, but it's he on IR?
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:22 pm

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Griffin gets a start or atleast some expended playing time during these "few weeks". No doubt Fitz will start this week vs the Jets, but this is a good time to get Ryan Griffin some actual regular season reps.

I'd like to see Griffin too, but it's he on IR?

He was placed on short term IR and is eligible to return this week since we've played 8 games (which is the minimum games missed that is required when a player goes on IR-designated to return).

Dirk stated in todays presser the team will be activating Griffin this week. He's already been back practicing the past 2 weeks.
DreadNaught

Postby Seamen » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Called for this a few weeks ago..they waited too long and now here we are...
Seamen

Postby BacksidePursuit » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Worst season in a loooong time. What a waste. Time to start all over next year.
BacksidePursuit

Postby murdock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:55 pm

for purely entertainment sake the team should sign Tebow.. at least the spectacle of it would put asses in seats.. I mean after all the season itself is down the crapper the regime is lame duck status.. toss Tebow out there for the fun of it.. and see what he does
murdock

Postby Caradoc » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Seamen wrote:Called for this a few weeks ago..they waited too long and now here we are...

Doesn’t really matter. It’s probably the best thing for Jameis at this point.
Caradoc

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:07 pm

murdock wrote:for purely entertainment sake the team should sign Tebow.. at least the spectacle of it would put asses in seats.. I mean after all the season itself is down the crapper the regime is lame duck status.. toss Tebow out there for the fun of it.. and see what he does

Lol loving the visual
Babeinbucland

Postby Cheb » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:35 pm

murdock wrote:for purely entertainment sake the team should sign Tebow.. at least the spectacle of it would put asses in seats.. I mean after all the season itself is down the crapper the regime is lame duck status.. toss Tebow out there for the fun of it.. and see what he does

I tell you what, watching the Tebow Broncos legit run the option in the NFL was awesome. I know the man gets his fair share of hate, but that was must-see TV for throwback aficionados.
Cheb

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:31 am

We will be victim of the double edge sword. Griffins going to play decent when he has Evans n the full offense and ruin our draft position.
LavonteDavid54

Postby Nano » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:34 am

Unless Fitz gets hurt or really sucks, I doubt Griffin will play
Nano

Postby Nano » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:55 am

Nano

Postby MJW » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:00 am

That whole thing was like if David Lynch directed "Any Given Sunday."
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:45 am

That meme is painfully hilarious.
PrimeMinister

Postby Moozician » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:05 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:That meme is painfully hilarious.

AND quite true... I didn't like the way Koetter refused to discuss the MRI. And the phraseology... "We're gonna sit Jameis down for a couple of weeks." It almost like OBP is hiding something.
Moozician

Postby ComingThisFall » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Moozician wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:That meme is painfully hilarious.

AND quite true... I didn't like the way Koetter refused to discuss the MRI. And the phraseology... "We're gonna sit Jameis down for a couple of weeks." It almost like OBP is hiding something.

Reserving the right to sit him longer then two weeks without having to say he's benched.
ComingThisFall

Postby Doctor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 am

Nah, they were reserving the right to keep him there once we hit 2-8 and the season was over. That way they can blame it on the injury and not make it look like they were throwing in the towel.

Winston better be a ****ing pro at knowing the Atlanta defense with three weeks to study it....
Doctor

Postby sanka » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 am

Doctor wrote:Nah, they were reserving the right to keep him there once we hit 2-8 and the season was over. That way they can blame it on the injury and not make it look like they were throwing in the towel.

Winston better be a ****ing pro at knowing the Atlanta defense with three weeks to study it....

He is 3-1 vs ATL ..he will be fine..just as long as Donovan Smith is not playing.
sanka

Postby BucaRican » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 am

Ohh I remember last spring these classic quotes from the self proclaimed expert:

Bootz2004 wrote:Ryan Griffin has 2 years in the system. We're good.

Bootz2004 wrote:This thread tells me the fan base still isn't there yet. They still have a losing mindset. No way in hell should there be this much discussion about who the backup QB is when we have a QB like Jameis Winston leading the way.

Bootz2004 wrote:This fanbase cares way more than they should. Honestly I bet I could count on 1 finger the number of fanbases who have this much discussion about who their backup QB is. People took pride in their belief that Mike Glennon was a top 5 backup. Like wtf does that even mean. Instead of talking about a guy who won't play unless Jameis Winston is hurt or get suspended we should be talking about the steps Jameis needs to take this year and how the addition of Djax will help.

And I'll ask you the same thing I asked her. Do you believe the Patriots were foolish to have Tom Brady and Matt Cassel as their backups at 1 point or another?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2850

Now while I think Fitz has flaws, he has a lot more positives, and his experience is the overall dominate. No way in hell do you give Griffin any chance unless Fitz gets hurt. There is a reason he has not been signed by any other team. I will always say, an experienced or talented backup is extremely important. We are seeing that unfold at this moment.
BucaRican

Postby deltbucs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 pm

BucaRican wrote:Ohh I remember last spring these classic quotes from the self proclaimed expert:

Bootz2004 wrote:Ryan Griffin has 2 years in the system. We're good.

Bootz2004 wrote:This thread tells me the fan base still isn't there yet. They still have a losing mindset. No way in hell should there be this much discussion about who the backup QB is when we have a QB like Jameis Winston leading the way.

Bootz2004 wrote:This fanbase cares way more than they should. Honestly I bet I could count on 1 finger the number of fanbases who have this much discussion about who their backup QB is. People took pride in their belief that Mike Glennon was a top 5 backup. Like wtf does that even mean. Instead of talking about a guy who won't play unless Jameis Winston is hurt or get suspended we should be talking about the steps Jameis needs to take this year and how the addition of Djax will help.

And I'll ask you the same thing I asked her. Do you believe the Patriots were foolish to have Tom Brady and Matt Cassel as their backups at 1 point or another?

http://www.buczone.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2850

Now while I think Fitz has flaws, he has a lot more positives, and his experience is the overall dominate. No way in hell do you give Griffin any chance unless Fitz gets hurt. There is a reason he has not been signed by any other team. I will always say, an experienced or talented backup is extremely important. We are seeing that unfold at this moment.

LOL!!!
deltbucs

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:55 pm

deltbucs wrote:
BucaRican wrote:Ohh I remember last spring these classic quotes from the self proclaimed expert:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2850

LOL!!!

deltbucs wrote:I'd like to see Griffin too

LMAO!!!
Bootz2004

Postby BucaRican » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 am

Rick Stroud‏

@NFLSTROUD

#Bucs doctors have not cleared Jameis Winston to resume throwing again. Will re-evaluate today but will most likely be another week or two.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/932636811255566336

Looks Like another 2 weeks of the Fitz magic!
BucaRican

Next

Return to Team Discussions