Rapid Reactions: Week 10 Loss (err... Win) vs Jets

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Rapid Reactions: Week 10 Loss vs Jets

Postby UbuntuBuc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Holy Carp... the Buccaneers won and Winston was on the bench.
UbuntuBuc

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:12 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:Holy Carp... the Buccaneers won and Winston was on the bench.

Coincidence ?
Jason Bourne

Postby Doctor » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:56 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Its just an observation but I have noticed that 5 of our 6 losses are to teams very much into the thick of it when it comes to the playoffs. The 4-4 Cards are the exception and they too could rebound.

Records of teams we have lost to!

6-2
6-2
6-2
5-3
5-3
4-4

Whether they were already heading down that path or we gifted them with the confidence, that's where were at. Now we are fixin to play the Jets (4-5) who we have only beaten one time in our history (33 years ago).

After that it leaves us with the

Dolphins 4-4
Packers 4-4
Lions 4-4
Falcons 4-4 (2 games)
Saints
Panthers --------------------- to close out.

With all the crap hype to start the season, I do wonder if our players put much thought to how many teams wanted "it" more than we did.

mdb got his account hacked.
Doctor

Postby Moozician » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Doctor wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Its just an observation but I have noticed that 5 of our 6 losses are to teams very much into the thick of it when it comes to the playoffs. The 4-4 Cards are the exception and they too could rebound.

Records of teams we have lost to!

6-2
6-2
6-2
5-3
5-3
4-4

Whether they were already heading down that path or we gifted them with the confidence, that's where were at. Now we are fixin to play the Jets (4-5) who we have only beaten one time in our history (33 years ago).

After that it leaves us with the

Dolphins 4-4
Packers 4-4
Lions 4-4
Falcons 4-4 (2 games)
Saints
Panthers --------------------- to close out.

With all the crap hype to start the season, I do wonder if our players put much thought to how many teams wanted "it" more than we did.

mdb got his account hacked.

Nahh... Just drinking better Scotch.
Moozician

Re: Rapid Reactions: Week 10 Loss (err... Win) vs Jets

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

The Bucs defense was very effective with the 3-3-5 personnel creating pressure. We were able to confuse the Oline much better thus getting free/unblocked defenders into the backfield much more than usual without having to send a 5th or 6th guy at the QB.. I really like the role Beckwith is playing as a hybrid EDGE rusher and setting the edge vs the run. This look allowed Kwon to get through the A gap a few times untouched.

Providing the 3-3-5 doesn't sacrifice our ability to stop the run (which it didn't vs the Jets) I really hope we see more of it unless it's an obvious run down b/c it creates confusion for the O-line.

On the back end the Bucs seem set on Justin Evans at FS (thank goodness) while rotating Conte/Ward at SS. If we could merge Conte/Ward into one player that would be a heck of a Safety since Conte is terrible vs run. I wouldn't mind some seeing Mike Smith get all 3 (Ward-Conte-Evans) on the field together at times in that 3-3-5 and have Ward near the LOS in a 'big nickel' type role.

More 3-3-5 Mike Smith!!!
DreadNaught

Previous

Return to Team Discussions