REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:12 am

For what it's worth, which may actually be nothing, I was told by a generally reliable individual today that some of the top brass at OBP have recently been involved in several private, off-site meetings that did not include Licht or Koetter. The meetings included NFL types who are not a current part of the Bucs organization. Word is, if it is indeed reliable, that these clandestine meetings were held with well-established, big name, successful NFL "experts" with a track record of winning football. These experts were -- basically -- asked to provide their independent evaluations of the team's struggles and lack of on-field success.

What the outcome of those discussions were/are and what it means is a complete mystery to me, other than it would appear that the Glazers are very concerned about the team's performance and wanted independent assessments of why the squad is not performing up to expectations. Is this a good or a bad thing? I don't know. Good in the sense that the ownership is concerned enough to seek outside counsel, bad that it would appear that they've lost confidence in those who are responsible for fielding a winning product.

And if you're reading this (you know who I mean) I fully informed you that I intended to share this information on this forum, and you agreed that would be acceptable so long as I didn't name names. If you have an issue with this, please call me directly.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Nano » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:15 am

Guess they're not private anymore
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 6120
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:17 am

Nano wrote:Guess they're not private anymore


Well, they're still private in that they were reportedly held off-site and didn't involve Bucs staff. Nor do I have any information on the content. So from that perspective these alleged meetings, if they happened at all, still remain private.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:29 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:
Nano wrote:Guess they're not private anymore


Well, they're still private in that they were reportedly held off-site and didn't involve Bucs staff. Nor do I have any information on the content. So from that perspective these alleged meetings, if they happened at all, still remain private.



I know if I had a private source like that I would privately ask him who these football 'experts' were so he could privately tell me so I could privately share the info on BZ.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 2010
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Buc2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:34 am

Scooped Pewter Report!
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7374
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 711 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:36 am

Brazen331 wrote:I know if I had a private source like that I would privately ask him who these football 'experts' were so he could privately tell me so I could privately share the info on BZ.


In order to be given the go-ahead to share it at all, I had to agree not to name names.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:37 am

Maybe the Glazers are looking to sell before the value of the franchise drops.

Forbes has them at $1.8 Billion as of July. Malcolm bought the team for $192 million. Kahn bought the Jags in 2012 for an estimated $760 million.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 85 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Buc2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:38 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:I know if I had a private source like that I would privately ask him who these football 'experts' were so he could privately tell me so I could privately share the info on BZ.


In order to be given the go-ahead to share it at all, I had to agree not to name names.

I'm good with that. The media uses unnamed sources all the time.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7374
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 711 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:41 am

You guys hear that???

GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Buc2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:43 am

DreadNaught wrote:You guys hear that???

GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN

If they bring Gruden back, do they have to remove him from the RoH until he leaves again?
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7374
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 711 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:44 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Maybe the Glazers are looking to sell before the value of the franchise drops.

Forbes has them at $1.8 Billion as of July. Malcolm bought the team for $192 million. Kahn bought the Jags in 2012 for an estimated $760 million.


Nope. The guys they met with are personnel/coaching types, not ownership types.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Super K » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Fake news...
Super K
 
Posts: 4915
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Rocker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:32 pm

What’s Brian Billick up to?
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 2049
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Valrico
Has thanked: 175 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Super K wrote:Fake news...


..
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 17600
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 387 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:43 pm

DreadNaught wrote:You guys hear that???

GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN
GRU-DEN


Heh.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Deuce » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:56 pm

Dude, totally not cool. I told you not to say anything.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby KiffininCanton » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Rocker wrote:What’s Brian Billick up to?


Don't forget Bill Polian!
KiffininCanton
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby KiffininCanton » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Maybe the Glazers are looking to sell before the value of the franchise drops.

Forbes has them at $1.8 Billion as of July. Malcolm bought the team for $192 million. Kahn bought the Jags in 2012 for an estimated $760 million.


NFL franchises are not going to stop being a personal printing press anytime soon.

No financial incentive to sell a NFL team if you own one.
KiffininCanton
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I believe it and thx for sharing Dtg , alot mistakes are happening in terms of team preparedness imo
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Seamen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 pm

I've heard the same things and came here to post something similar but you beat me to it! Times are changing folks
Seamen
 
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:02 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Caradoc » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Super K wrote:Fake news...



Considering the source is a fake former player
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3073
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Super K wrote:Fake news...



Considering the source is a fake former player


Link ?
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 pm

Seamen wrote:I've heard the same things and came here to post something similar but you beat me to it! Times are changing folks


Good, glad I've gotten independent confirmation. That gives me greater confidence that the information is accurate. Thanks, Seamen.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby doooshnzl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Just speculation here.......I heard just now that Gruden will sign with UF within the next couple of days. Not trying to hijack DTG's thread, not sure this deserves a thread of it's own.
User avatar
doooshnzl
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:51 am
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:36 pm

doooshnzl wrote:Just speculation here.......I heard just now that Gruden will sign with UF within the next couple of days. Not trying to hijack DTG's thread, not sure this deserves a thread of it's own.


Thanks for the update. I will tell you that Coach Gruden is not among the names that I have been told were meeting with Bucs officials. BTW, just to make it clear, my understanding is that the folks they were talking to were people that they were looking to for advice, not people they were interviewing for positions. At least that's my understanding (which could be a misconception, I will admit).
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:41 pm

What kind of brass is between Licht and Koetter and the Glazers?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:45 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
doooshnzl wrote:Just speculation here.......I heard just now that Gruden will sign with UF within the next couple of days. Not trying to hijack DTG's thread, not sure this deserves a thread of it's own.


Thanks for the update. I will tell you that Coach Gruden is not among the names that I have been told were meeting with Bucs officials. BTW, just to make it clear, my understanding is that the folks they were talking to were people that they were looking to for advice, not people they were interviewing for positions. At least that's my understanding (which could be a misconception, I will admit).


So they are asking for outside opinions?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 6728
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:56 pm

mdb1958 wrote:So they are asking for outside opinions?


I don't know anything for sure, I'm not involved of course, but this is my understanding. They are seeking outside opinions. That's about the extent of what I know.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby DanTurksGhost » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:58 pm

mdb1958 wrote:What kind of brass is between Licht and Koetter and the Glazers?


Look, I can't say names, but I think you should be able to figure out who the "brass" are if Licht and Koetter are not involved.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: REPORT: Bucs brass involved in several private meetings

Postby NYBF » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:18 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:What kind of brass is between Licht and Koetter and the Glazers?


Look, I can't say names, but I think you should be able to figure out who the "brass" are if Licht and Koetter are not involved.


DTG, meet mdb. He has to wear a helmet for most day-to-day activities, like breathing and drinking milk.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 3850
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 351 times

Next

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], RobR, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests