FREE AGENCY: Players and their price tags.

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: FREE AGENCY: Players and their price tags.

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:51 pm

theBKwhopper wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
Not sure where you're getting your numbers... but they are not even close. His base salary last year was $4.5 million with over $3 million in various bonuses (signing, option, restructuring). They cut him because his cap number was over $7 million. He isn't going to be making less than $5.5 million this year, as he was due more than $7 million each of the next two seasons.

Hmmm... I read somewhere he counted $3.8mil against the cap. Does that mean that's how much they saved by cutting him?

That is his 'dead money.' Let over from prorated bonuses. His base salary wasn't guaranteed so that $4.5 million is what was cleared on their cap.
Ken Carson

Postby Alpha » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
StillCSG wrote:Bulaga isn't going to provide an upgrade here.

LOL!

You got your hair cut too short apparently, Bootzie.

Bulaga isn't an "upgrade" over whoever is playing tackle opposite Dotson!? Do you even KNOW who that would be!?

Lay off the crack, kid. It's ****ing with your reasoning.
Alpha

Postby MJW » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:33 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Bulaga isn't very good

I don't want to sign him for several reasons, but PFF thinks he is reasonably good. He rated at a +11.9 this past year, the highest of all the (admittedly pathetic) free agent tackles. Derek Newton just got $25 mil whatever to stay in Houston and he was 2nd at +8.9. Oniel Cousins checks in at a -21, 2nd worst among qualifiers.

We need a left tackle, which he isn't, and again...it just seems like those Green Bay linemen play better together than they do apart. EDS, Dadryn Colledge, Jason Spitz...none of them were very good when they left. I think it's just a well-coached group that plays well together and is greater than the sum of it's parts.
MJW

Postby Hatter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 am

MJW wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:Bulaga isn't very good

I don't want to sign him for several reasons, but PFF thinks he is reasonably good. He rated at a +11.9 this past year, the highest of all the (admittedly pathetic) free agent tackles. Derek Newton just got $25 mil whatever to stay in Houston and he was 2nd at +8.9. Oniel Cousins checks in at a -21, 2nd worst among qualifiers.

We need a left tackle, which he isn't, and again...it just seems like those Green Bay linemen play better together than they do apart. EDS, Dadryn Colledge, Jason Spitz...none of them were very good when they left. I think it's just a well-coached group that plays well together and is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Maybe with him and EDS playing side by side they will be effective?
Hatter

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 am

MJW wrote:

Those numbers are irrelevant. He wants $8m a year and he just is not worth it.

Green Bay hasnt had an Oline to write home about. Not to say they've been bad but they haven't been anything special. And neither have the players. They were good enough but it also helped that they had a QB who could buy time with his feet and improvising as well as having a very quick release.
Bootz2004

Postby Alpha » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:57 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:

Those numbers are irrelevant. He wants $8m a year and he just is not worth it.

Green Bay hasnt had an Oline to write home about. Not to say they've been bad but they haven't been anything special. And neither have the players. They were good enough but it also helped that they had a QB who could buy time with his feet and improvising as well as having a very quick release.

Bootzie...why do you hate white, o-linemen?

He was so terrible, that GB decided to re-sign him. Which is what good teams do with their good players. They FIND A WAY to re-sign them.

And I'd take GB's "nothing special" o-line over our "non-existent" o-line, every day of the week.

Thank GOD Rodgers is able to make those bums look good...
Alpha

Previous

Return to Team Discussions