Rapid Reactions: Week 9 Loss vs Saints

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Rapid Reactions: Week 9 Loss vs Saints

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Just saw the koetter news conference ... the guy looks like he is in way over his head or he knows the end is near . He didn’t look very good at all
Jason Bourne

Postby Moozician » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Moozician wrote:CLASSIC example of why Drew Brees is a lock for Canton. Our secondary couldn't cover their own Grandmothers.

Not too far from the truth...

Concerning Evans, I don't think he saw what Jameis did, but reacted to the Saint's player pushing Winston. What Evans did was wrong, but I consider the Chickenshit move by Jameis more troublesome.
Last edited by Moozician on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moozician

Postby Super K » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Moozician wrote:
Moozician wrote:CLASSIC example of why Drew Brees is a lock for Canton. Our secondary couldn't cover their own Grandmothers.

Concerning Evans, I don't think he say what Jameis did, but reacted to the Saint's player pushing Winston. What Evans did was wrong, but I consider the Chickenshit move by Jameis more troublesome.

Yep..
Super K

Postby Heisenberg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:Just saw the koetter news conference ... the guy looks like he is in way over his head or he knows the end is near . He didn’t look very good at all

Yep.. Guy went into his first HC job also calling the offense.. Too much to handle.. And now were imploding.
Heisenberg

Postby Sammich » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:43 pm

First game I had to miss this year. Sounds like I missed a dumpster fire. I read that Jameis only played the first half- did he actually look hurt or was he just playing like **** and the injury was used as a cover? The score looks really bad- were we even competitive?
Sammich

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:46 pm

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:I don't know but this game reminded me of the Raheem Morris era when we lost 10 in a row. The team has quit.

Who has quit. Name them.
Bootz2004

Postby Cheb » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Sammich wrote:First game I had to miss this year. Sounds like I missed a dumpster fire. I read that Jameis only played the first half- did he actually look hurt or was he just playing like **** and the injury was used as a cover? The score looks really bad- were we even competitive?

He was hurt. He couldn't even lift his right arm on the sidelines. It was limp. In all honesty, he should have been pulled sooner.
Cheb

Postby Moozician » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Sammich wrote:First game I had to miss this year. Sounds like I missed a dumpster fire. I read that Jameis only played the first half- did he actually look hurt or was he just playing like **** and the injury was used as a cover? The score looks really bad- were we even competitive?

Jameis' injury is real. Things fell apart early in the game, after the blocked punt/TD for Saints. Our inability to stop the Saints made Winston irrelevant. No reason to keep him in the game; He wasn't hitting anyone at that point. Frustrated, the Offense basically just mailed it in.

This game was NOT fun to watch. We played badly in all aspects.
Moozician

Postby Nano » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Just watched the post game presser. Koetter looks scared....he's knows what's going to happen soon.
Nano

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Nano wrote:Just watched the post game presser. Koetter looks scared....he's knows what's going to happen soon.

Yep ... Glazers fired coaches for going 9-7 , no way they put up with this embarrassment
Jason Bourne

Postby tjax03 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Nano wrote:Just watched the post game presser. Koetter looks scared....he's knows what's going to happen soon.

Which probably explains this

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status ... 0403835905
tjax03

Postby Doctor » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Cheb wrote:
UbuntuBuc wrote:Disgraceful effort today. The team has quit on the coaching staff.

Can't disagree.

I'm normally for giving a coach three years, and I'm generally against midseason firings. Unless the coach has lost the team, which is seemingly the case.

I suppose that Mike Smith is the logical choice for interim HC. Jay Hayes interim DC? Mike Bajakian takes over playcalling duties?

Funny thing is that Mike Smith would probably bring in DK to be his OF. Lol
Doctor

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:I don't know but this game reminded me of the Raheem Morris era when we lost 10 in a row. The team has quit.

Who has quit. Name them.

The only player I see playing with passion on defense is lvd. I don't know where we go from here we need pass rush, cb help, safety help and we can't get any push for runs. Also will probly be looking for a rb as well.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:58 pm

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Who has quit. Name them.

The only player I see playing with passion on defense is lvd. I don't know where we go from here we need pass rush, cb help, safety help and we can't get any push for runs. Also will probly be looking for a rb as well.

Okay so the entire defense needs to go sans David. Are you saying Martin has quit as well?
Bootz2004

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:

Who has quit. Name them.

Watch the defensive lineman on the screen pass for a TD. Kwon Alexander, Justin Evans, Chris Conte all looked like they quit on the TD across the middle.
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Y'all mothafukas act like you didn't see this coming.

I'm going to the Catalina wine mixer next week.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:03 pm

ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
Who has quit. Name them.

Watch the defensive lineman on the screen pass for a TD. Kwon Alexander, Justin Evans, Chris Conte all looked like they quit on the TD across the middle.

We've got all of the defense covered sans David. Who else? Get all of the trash out of here.
Bootz2004

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:Watch the defensive lineman on the screen pass for a TD. Kwon Alexander, Justin Evans, Chris Conte all looked like they quit on the TD across the middle.

We've got all of the defense covered sans David. Who else? Get all of the trash out of here.

Offensive line looked to show some quit, especially Donovan Smith.
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Cheb wrote:
UbuntuBuc wrote:Disgraceful effort today. The team has quit on the coaching staff.

Can't disagree.

I'm normally for giving a coach three years, and I'm generally against midseason firings. Unless the coach has lost the team, which is seemingly the case.

I suppose that Mike Smith is the logical choice for interim HC. Jay Hayes interim DC? Mike Bajakian takes over playcalling duties?

If Mike Smith becomes interim HC or anything to do with HC I will blow a fuse! IMHO; Smith is the major reason we are the way we are. There is just something about him that I can not put my finger on But he just kinda have this "take away your mojo" type of vibe about him. From he was the Falcons coach I felt this way about him.

So if getting rid of Dirk means that MIKE Smith have to be the interim HC; then please God don't let this happen!
bahamian:bucfan

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:Watch the defensive lineman on the screen pass for a TD. Kwon Alexander, Justin Evans, Chris Conte all looked like they quit on the TD across the middle.

You can't tell me that the team hasent mailed it in.. the rest of the season is going to be hard to watch. The team in not into it anymore. Dirk has lost the team. They are not focused, back to back false starts, the fight, missed tackles Fitzpatrick throwing a screen and no one is there etc..
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:15 pm

ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Offensive line looked to show some quit, especially Donovan Smith.

All of them? Reserves too?
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:16 pm

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

You can't tell me that the team hasent mailed it in.. the rest of the season is going to be hard to watch. The team in not into it anymore. Dirk has lost the team. They are not focused, back to back false starts, the fight, missed tackles Fitzpatrick throwing a screen and no one is there etc..

Hey if it's true then get them out of here. We're never going to win with quitters.
Bootz2004

Postby ImAWalkingCorpse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
ImAWalkingCorpse wrote:Offensive line looked to show some quit, especially Donovan Smith.

All of them? Reserves too?

The starters.
ImAWalkingCorpse

Postby UbuntuBuc » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Should not have fired Schiano... he would not have put up with that crap from Evans today.
UbuntuBuc

Postby bahamian:bucfan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 pm

UbuntuBuc wrote:Should not have fired Schiano... he would not have put up with that crap from Evans today.

Evans was taking up for his Qb who he saw being pushed by a defensive player.

I like what Evans did. He was protecting his family.

I really don't see why you guys are acting like fags over Evan's actions!
bahamian:bucfan

Postby BayAreaBucFan25 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:

Hey if it's true then get them out of here. We're never going to win with quitters.

I'm not saying to get rid of players, players need a good leader it starts with coaching. You think this would be happening with say mike tomlin? If players don't believe in the coach then it starts to show on the field . I don't have an answer for what has happened. It just the most disappointing season I can remember. With so much promise to be 2-6 and our defense can't stop anyone and now our offense can't even get over 14 points a game.
BayAreaBucFan25

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:38 pm

BayAreaBucFan25 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I'm not saying to get rid of players, players need a good leader it starts with coaching. You think this would be happening with say mike tomlin? If players don't believe in the coach then it starts to show on the field . I don't have an answer for what has happened. It just the most disappointing season I can remember. With so much promise to be 2-6 and our defense can't stop anyone and now our offense can't even get over 14 points a game.

Why would you want to keep quitters who don’t want to take accountability for themselves? Quitting is just what people do whenever they don’t want to own up to their own faults. They blame someone else.
Bootz2004

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Bucs should have drafted Dalvin Cook (Acl or no Acl)....
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby Swashy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:10 pm

lol the free fall is happening yet again for this team.
Swashy

Postby Teitan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:23 pm

sanka wrote:Bucs should have drafted Dalvin Cook (Acl or no Acl)....

How would that fix the defense? Or the play calling? Or the over throws on every deep ball?
Teitan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions