Desean Jackson is f*cking poison

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Desean Jackson is f*cking poison

Postby Nano » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm

So you admit that you're just spouting out your ass

To the pit of misery with you then

Dilly Dilly
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Caradoc wrote:You have pretty much zero evidence for what your are claiming as fact.

bro we're fans talking about our football team. the entire premise of this thread/concept is based on my subjective interpretation of body language / personality dynamics - and has nothing to do with any sort of quantifiable substance and I'm not hiding this in the least.

So you didn’t really mean this then huh?

beardmcdoug wrote:Trade his ass in the next 24 hours please. The guy is ****ing poison to this team and to the balance of this offense. Hes starting to get into Evans' ear and it's starting to show.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 pm

you want me to quantify somebody's behavior?

I've already referenced Mike's sideline tantrums, him bitching with Jackson this weekend on the sideline, and his overall decline maturity (from the relative peak that he achieved last year; growing in maturity and focus from his rookie year, up to what he achieved last year, to now falling back to that same erratic sophomoric attitude)

jesus christ how dense are you guys
beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:you want me to quantify somebody's behavior?

I've already referenced Mike's sideline tantrums, him bitching with Jackson this weekend on the sideline, and his overall decline maturity (from the relative peak that he achieved last year; growing in maturity and focus from his rookie year, up to what he achieved last year, to now falling back to that same erratic sophomoric attitude)

LMAO! Sideline tantrums=decline in maturity. Good to know.

Bootz2004

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:40 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
His mind is simple. Even less than that. He needs someone to blame for the trouble this team has had and there's no easier target than the new guy who has a bit of an undeserved reputation. For him that means if they stick with Djax that it automatically means we're against Winston and vice versa.

If you have isolated the failure of a machine down to two components (most in this thread have disagreed with me and pointed to Winston as the root cause - while I maintain that it is Jackson), and the ongoing presence of one of those two components has the potential to, and has already began to cause long term damage to the rest of the components in the machine (his impact on Evans, Winston and the overall cohesion of the team), wouldn't you be interested in solving the issue as fast as possible by removing the faulty component?

If Jackson was the type of person to shut his ****ing mouth and soldier on, then there wouldn't be a time limit to this whole thing. But he's not. He's a little whiny bitch. And he has been his entire life.

I could not possible agree with this post more. And I was eviserated over week ago when I opined as much. Frankly, I am baffled that anyone is defending Djaxass. Astonishing really. His contamination of this team is so blantant and obvious and yet many choose to overlook it based on the promise of his talent. He has had this issue and reputation on EVERY.SINGLE.TEAM. He has played for. But yeah, in Tampa he is a model player, everyone loves him, and he is a leader. Sure. :roll:
Babeinbucland

Postby Sammich » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Meh, DJax doesn't come across as team first guy to me at all.

I like Djax, I think the narrative about him has been largely unfair whether it's him being injury prone, his work ethic, or the alleged nefarious company he keeps off the field. He's been a pro since he's been here and has done what has been asked.

If there was something I'd complain about with DJax is that I wish he and Jameis would spend more time working on getting on the same page. I won't speculate or blame anyone for what has or hasn't happened in the past, but the fact is that Jameis and DJax are out of sync and it's obvious when you watch the Bucs play. Jameis to Evans looks good, Jameis to Brate is great, even Jameis to Howard looks fine in the few times we target the young TE. But at least half the targets to DJax are just off. Those two need to start working after practice and spend some time this offseason building a rapport b/c the connection they have now is something you see at a pro-bowl instead of the QB-WR chemistry you'd expect for a combo of their caliber that plays/practices together full-time.

I'm not sure how much spending more time together is going to help. These aren't timing routes or read routes where they're seeing different things. These are the same kinds of 'I'm open-throw me the ball' type plays most of us have played since we were children. If a guy has no defenders within 5 yards of him and is running In a straight line a pro QB should be able to give him a catchable ball. Most of us could give him a catchable ball. I don't think that's a chemistry problem.
Sammich

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Sammich wrote:

I like Djax, I think the narrative about him has been largely unfair whether it's him being injury prone, his work ethic, or the alleged nefarious company he keeps off the field. He's been a pro since he's been here and has done what has been asked.

If there was something I'd complain about with DJax is that I wish he and Jameis would spend more time working on getting on the same page. I won't speculate or blame anyone for what has or hasn't happened in the past, but the fact is that Jameis and DJax are out of sync and it's obvious when you watch the Bucs play. Jameis to Evans looks good, Jameis to Brate is great, even Jameis to Howard looks fine in the few times we target the young TE. But at least half the targets to DJax are just off. Those two need to start working after practice and spend some time this offseason building a rapport b/c the connection they have now is something you see at a pro-bowl instead of the QB-WR chemistry you'd expect for a combo of their caliber that plays/practices together full-time.

I'm not sure how much spending more time together is going to help. These aren't timing routes or read routes where they're seeing different things. These are the same kinds of 'I'm open-throw me the ball' type plays most of us have played since we were children. If a guy has no defenders within 5 yards of him and is running In a straight line a pro QB should be able to give him a catchable ball. Most of us could give him a catchable ball. I don't think that's a chemistry problem.

This. Extra practice time doesn't make up for overthrown passes or innaccurate passes. And it's not just Djax. Jameis has been inaccurate throwing to a lot of guys. Djax is just the scapegoat simpleton fans have chosen to point the finger at because he's the new guy with a reputation.
Bootz2004

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:08 pm

From everything published they ARE doing most of that already. I bet most on this board have worked with very talented people in their profession that were also toxic, always blaming others for their issues blah blah blah. There is a reason that you wrote

“Jameis to Evans looks good, Jameis to Brate is great, even Jameis to Howard looks fine in the few times we target the young TE. But at least half the targets to DJax are just off. “

That issue will never be all Jameis and Djax needs to take his share of the responsibility. Maybe someone on this board can find tape of him taking responsibility for his failing.
Babeinbucland

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:15 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Sammich wrote:

This. Extra practice time doesn't make up for overthrown passes or innaccurate passes. And it's not just Djax. Jameis has been inaccurate throwing to a lot of guys. Djax is just the scapegoat simpleton fans have chosen to point the finger at because he's the new guy with a reputation.

Truth.

Winston can throw absolute lasers to covered targets that two or three guys in the league could complete...but he also has maddening inaccuracy when he has an open man, or a deep target with a step, or even on safe, underneath throws where he kills YAC because receivers have to adjust.

Winston needs guys like Evans, Brate, Howard, and (soon) Godwin who have big catch radii (I think that's correct.) Because Winston has done so much throwing to Mike Evans and his monster catch radius, it seemed less glaring than it does now that he's distributing the ball more. It's also worth noting that he had a lot of success at FSU throwing to the very similar Kelvin Benjamin. I don't think it's coincidence that when KB left, Winston's interceptions skyrocketed.
MJW

Postby ComingThisFall » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
Look Forrest, they both are "at fault", to a degree; I said as much in my low-winded explanatory post. The issue is how the adversity is being handled. Jackson is not handling the adversity properly. It's in his DNA, it's who he is, and its already showing. **** is going to be rough for a year at least before they get their timing down, the problem is, during that time, Jackson is crying in Evans' ear, setting a bad example, demanding the ball, putting pressure on Winston to do so, effecting our play calling, and generally screwing up the team's chemistry. Winston hasn't been hitting the deep ball, he's been making poor decisions, but he's not pulling a Cam Newton while he does

I'd like to see this thread drop way back in the pages after Sunday.

Bump.

Djax was diva'ing it up all game. Yeah, he got that one call and there should have been more. But definitely think that his attitude/aura/synergy whatever tf you want to call it is rubbing of on 13.
ComingThisFall

Postby LavonteDavid54 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
If you have isolated the failure of a machine down to two components (most in this thread have disagreed with me and pointed to Winston as the root cause - while I maintain that it is Jackson), and the ongoing presence of one of those two components has the potential to, and has already began to cause long term damage to the rest of the components in the machine (his impact on Evans, Winston and the overall cohesion of the team), wouldn't you be interested in solving the issue as fast as possible by removing the faulty component?

If Jackson was the type of person to shut his ****ing mouth and soldier on, then there wouldn't be a time limit to this whole thing. But he's not. He's a little whiny bitch. And he has been his entire life.

That's my point. Your simple mind can only see things in a simple format. 1 or the other. Why can't they both be at fault or neither of them? At least those who disagree with you and blame Winston have some type of tangible argument. Your entire premise has zero to do with on field play And everything to do with what you perceive Desean Jackson's attitude and nature to be. The whiny little bitch isn't him. It's you.

And I'm glad he doesn't just shut his mouth, collect his check and go home win, lose or tie. We have a history of guys who do that and guys on this team who still do. Guys who are content with whatever happens. Guys like Djax, Baker, Wardn at least show that they give a damn and want to contribute and want to win. They bring some energy, some fire to this team. We have enough Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David types who even if we lose are smiling and happy as ever that the check cleared.

I'm sorry, did I just see you defend a guy who has a rep of being a cancer/ diva, a guy who's lazy n hates practicing, and a man who was cut over the ONLY TWO TRUE Pro Bowl/ All Pro talent this defense has had in last five years , guys getting no help on many a Sunday and who've NEVER been anything but solid leaders on and off the field? WOW....SMH.
LavonteDavid54

Postby MikeC » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

LMAO! Sideline tantrums=decline in maturity. Good to know.

Evans doesn’t hold a candle to those guys because he hasn’t done ****. Being a good player on a bad team isn’t the same as being a great coach or great player on a great or good team with rings.

Thats the difference and the unlike the Bucs, they have earned the right to throw a little sideline tantrum. Don’t emulate their weaknesses, emulate their strengths.

This reminds me of Sam Wyche thinking he should use a 4-2-5 defense and work in dazzle dazzle plays when the guys aren’t proficient at throwing, catching, running and tackling.

Tony Dungy preached fundamentals first and discipline first. You don’t do anything else till you can play the game right.

So save the fighting and the pissing and moaning and kneeling until you take care of your business as a team first and foremost. Then you can have a little sideline rant if you want.

And for those who want to bash other players (Baker vs Aguayo) instead of taking care of their own problems needs to either change their mindset and produce or GTFO.
MikeC

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:40 am

Wait so you have to earn the right to act like a 3 year old??!! LMAO!!! Oh boy! When this team is struggling the stupid really comes to the surface. Wow I've heard it all.
Bootz2004

Postby Mex-Buc » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Just watched the post speech from the locker room after today's W, he spoke very passionately, I think he's the least of the worries for this team, he came out and balled today.
Mex-Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Mex-Buc wrote:Just watched the post speech from the locker room after today's W, he spoke very passionately, I think he's the least of the worries for this team, he came out and balled today.

Anyone who has a problem with him is only going off of his past reputation in hopes trying to appear smart or they are just trolling. No issues with him.
Bootz2004

Postby J-Stink » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Mex-Buc wrote:Just watched the post speech from the locker room after today's W, he spoke very passionately, I think he's the least of the worries for this team, he came out and balled today.

He's happy Winston is not out there throwing horrible passes his way.
J-Stink

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:54 am

Weren't people crying about how weak Mike was last November when he sat during the anthem post-Trump election?
Ken Carson

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:01 am

It will further my expectations if we sack Cutler 6 times, just maybe this thread will die.
mdb1958

Postby Caradoc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:27 am

Ken Carson wrote:

Weren't people crying about how weak Mike was last November when he sat during the anthem post-Trump election?

No they weren't. Nice try at injecting politics into something that has nothing to do with it though.
Caradoc

Postby Bucs N Beers » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 am

Yea. This doesn't quite fit the narrative.

https://twitter.com/tbbuccaneers/status ... 9992291328
Bucs N Beers

Postby Doctor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 am

Bucs N Beers wrote:

Yea. This doesn't quite fit the narrative.

https://twitter.com/tbbuccaneers/status ... 9992291328

Doctor

Postby Noles1724 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:44 pm

mdb1958 wrote:It will further my expectations if we sack Cutler 6 times, just maybe this thread will die.

further expectations for what? and how is the play of our D going to kill a thread about an offensive player?
Noles1724

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:09 pm

let's see... we're talking about an entirely different team with different dynamics with Winston and Evans out, the defense shows up for the first time in 8 weeks, and we beat a terrible looking Jets team

and we're getting "jackson with the positive message in the lockerroom" videos, talking about "see, he's a great teammate!"

what happens when we don't win 7 games in a row. what happens when we drop next week vs the terrible dolphins, or drop the first game that Winston comes back? What happens when we're officially eliminated from the playoffs with one more loss? that's where any topic-relevant data point will be logged.

considering the fact that every possible variable, outside of Jackson, changed this week, at the very most this is a "neutral" data point
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Considering that post game Koetter made it a point to state that over the past 3 weeks Desean has been “everything we want in a FA. Great attitude. Although he hasn’t been rewarded” I am going to say yesterday wasn’t an anomaly. Desean is a good teammate and FA signing. No matter how much some are caught up in narrative.
PrimeMinister

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

I'd just like to pop my head in here and confirm for all of you folks that yes, this thread and the argument contained therein is stupid.

You're welcome.
The Outsider

Postby Bootz2004 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:04 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:let's see... we're talking about an entirely different team with different dynamics with Winston and Evans out, the defense shows up for the first time in 8 weeks, and we beat a terrible looking Jets team

and we're getting "jackson with the positive message in the lockerroom" videos, talking about "see, he's a great teammate!"

what happens when we don't win 7 games in a row. what happens when we drop next week vs the terrible dolphins, or drop the first game that Winston comes back? What happens when we're officially eliminated from the playoffs with one more loss? that's where any topic-relevant data point will be logged.

considering the fact that every possible variable, outside of Jackson, changed this week, at the very most this is a "neutral" data point

Give it up. It's over. You look desperate at this point. I don't know why you're trying so hard but it's not working. Chalk this up as an "L".
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:let's see... we're talking about an entirely different team with different dynamics with Winston and Evans out, the defense shows up for the first time in 8 weeks, and we beat a terrible looking Jets team

Give it up. It's over. You look desperate at this point. I don't know why you're trying so hard but it's not working. Chalk this up as an "L".

k kid
beardmcdoug

Postby Moozician » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Beard... IF Desean Jackson were continually bitching, ala Keyshawn Johnson, I'd agree that he'd be poison for the locker room. We haven't seen that, though (or at least I haven't) so I'm inclined to think that he's just been a little frustrated.

Who knows... after Jameis gets his healing done, maybe his throwing improves, and he can connect targets long. Hopefully that relieves a little of Jacksons frustration.

Time will tell.
Moozician

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Moozician wrote:Beard... IF Desean Jackson were continually bitching, ala Keyshawn Johnson, I'd agree that he'd be poison for the locker room. We haven't seen that, though (or at least I haven't) so I'm inclined to think that he's just been a little frustrated.

Who knows... after Jameis gets his healing done, maybe his throwing improves, and he can connect targets long. Hopefully that relieves a little of Jacksons frustration.

Time will tell.

Yeah I'll overall agree with you
beardmcdoug

Previous

Return to Team Discussions