Desean Jackson is f*cking poison

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Desean Jackson is f*cking poison

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:03 am

One poster already noted, it got so bad, we resorted to having Winston try 5 yard passes to him.
mdb1958

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:
It's genuinely funny watching people try and make claims with nothing to base them on because we need scapegoats.

Two things, we let go what were considered two minimal players, McDougald, and Verner and then added Baker, Ward, and McClain so we can go from the best 3rd down defense to the worst? Every player has less sacks this year.

Then we go on this weapons for Winston rant and draft the strongest offensive roster ever, acquire DJ and all it does is show how screwed up Winston is.

We lose with Winston and his nobodys and we lose with the WFW's.

Mike and Jameis wanted DJ and for whatever excuse we use - it aint workin.

Maybe it isn’t Desean ? He can’t throw a catchable 40 yard pass to himself ...
Jason Bourne

Postby deltbucs » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 pm

mdb1958 wrote:One poster already noted, it got so bad, we resorted to having Winston try 5 yard passes to him.

Not sure why people are complaining about this. I'll always take a successful play.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:08 pm

deltbucs wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:One poster already noted, it got so bad, we resorted to having Winston try 5 yard passes to him.

Not sure why people are complaining about this. I'll always take a successful play.

Me too, but 5yd passes to Desean only work half the time since the timing between he an Jameis isn't what it needs to be.

I don't understand how a quick slant to a veteran like Djax can look so out of sync in week 8. Those two need to spend some time together this offseason getting on the same page b/c they are not far too often thus far.
DreadNaught

Postby Swashy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 pm

It's unfair to pick on D-Jax here. Everyone in that locker room is pissed off. Good, let him get in Winston's ear. Let him have nasty body language. Give em the whole 9 yards. There is NO excuse for the team to be where it is. I'm not saying Jackson acting like he is will fix it but ***damn it man it's hard to blame him. It's nice to know he actually cares. Football players are a different breed because they don't have TIME to work things out. If the Lightning go on a 4 game slide then big deal. In football that's 1/4 your whole season. I'm sick of the losing. I honest to God let myself believe it would be different this time after 2006, 2011, 2013 and 2014 let me down thinking we might've turned the corner.

After almost 10 years of this crap having an apple go bad in the locker room is the least of my worries. It's such a loser's mentality (this isn't a diss at you OP I'm saying in general) when we want to purge talent at the level of DeSean Jackson because we've under-performed AGAIN and cannot routinely execute something as simple as a PAT and he is losing his nerve
Swashy

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:23 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Miller4Prez64 wrote:
It's genuinely funny watching people try and make claims with nothing to base them on because we need scapegoats.

Two things, we let go what were considered two minimal players, McDougald, and Verner and then added Baker, Ward, and McClain so we can go from the best 3rd down defense to the worst? Every player has less sacks this year.

Then we go on this weapons for Winston rant and draft the strongest offensive roster ever, acquire DJ and all it does is show how screwed up Winston is.

We lose with Winston and his nobodys and we lose with the WFW's.

Mike and Jameis wanted DJ and for whatever excuse we use - it aint workin.

It's not working, but that is because of Jameis NOT D-Jax. Jackson has shown he is still one of the best in the league at getting open down field, Jameis can not hit him to save his life. It feels like every game he's had a big play/TD opportunity downfield to DeSean and either over or under throws him. The only play that didn't happen unfortunately got called back by a penalty. Again, we're just trying to make DeSean the scapegoat here. There is nothing to actually indicate he's causing problems. The only problem he's caused is him being on the team has exposed a huge flaw in Winston's game.
Miller4Prez64

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:01 pm

Thread starter right on the money. Props. I'm so used to being the only guy on the forum to see this kind of stuff.
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 pm

I can't believe some of the things I'm reading as I skim this thread. Are you kidding me?

Let me fill you in so you can quit wondering..... the guy is a first class walking cancer that cares about nothing other than himself.

And I'm not talking about wanting the football, just about all the great WR's possess that trait, they can't get the football enough.

The difference between him and someone like Keshaun who wants the damn ball too is he blocked his MFing ass off every play he was in the game.

He ran great routes even when he wasn't the primary and chances were low he was going to catch a ball.

DJax? The proof is his route running is bad/pathetic and his blocking is nonexistent. Go to a game and watch if you don't believe me.

And the alligator arms? Please quit sending this guy over the middle. It's embarrassing.

What can't be proven (but I suspect strongly) is he's already created attitude issues with Evans. No, not just the kneeling, you see the sideline tirade we saw from Evans?

Never seen anything like that before from him.

And I suspect his cancerous existence has diminished some of the shine off Winston's leadership.

Not many could do that but DJax is another alpha dog with a lot of years in the league and young guys look up to him. Anything off Winston to DJax is a huge loss.

Something looked different about our QB this year from jump and not just his play. His leadership. He looks unsure of himself at times, he looks like he's gotten his nuts clipped. And he has....

Two major problems here, we got a looked up to NFL vet that is poison in the locker room. And we got a lazy **** sitting up in the press box that has just killed the defense.

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby RedLeader » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 pm

I just hope he's keeping it wrapped up...

Poison sounds like a baaad bitch.
RedLeader

Postby Patrick McIrish » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Miller4Prez64 wrote:It's not working, but that is because of Jameis NOT D-Jax. Jackson has shown he is still one of the best in the league at getting open down field, Jameis can not hit him to save his life. It feels like every game he's had a big play/TD opportunity downfield to DeSean and either over or under throws him. The only play that didn't happen unfortunately got called back by a penalty. Again, we're just trying to make DeSean the scapegoat here. There is nothing to actually indicate he's causing problems. The only problem he's caused is him being on the team has exposed a huge flaw in Winston's game.

Just say I'm a casual fan at the start so we don't catch ourselves reading something like this.

I could write a book about why soft WR's who run crappy routes, don't fight through contact, and play frustrated because they aren't getting the football enough are not on the same page as the QB.

And as often as not it's isn't the QB to blame although 99% of the casuals will always blame him.

And don't forget I'm the guy that said this franchise was not in a position to pass up 4 or 5 studs from the 1st and 2nd round we could have gotten for that 1st overall we used on Winston......

Despite Bootz/Dread and others assuring me in 2 years we're a playoff team you see where we are. I'm SICK of being right all the time! Sick of it!

My point is it would be easy to blame all this on Winston but it's not his fault. Not all of it. Probably not even most of it....

He's got a ghetto cred WR with a lot of gloss/clout in the locker room eating away his influence and not helping at all with his route running.

And blocking? LOL.

We aren't good enough to have a guy who might make 1 or 2 splash plays a game and take the other 35-40 plays off.

And BTW that tipped pass that everyone was so impressed by, the DB should not have even touched that football had he ran a strong route and went out and GOT the football originally!

So he gets credit from the casuals for a play that I'd have sat his sloppy ass on the bench for.

DJax is the worst thing that's happened to this offense. And I say that knowing he will make some huge plays down the field this year but it won't come close to the downside he's already brought to this team.

Smith and DJax are killing this offense/defense. You heard it here first. We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Swashy wrote:It's unfair to pick on D-Jax here. Everyone in that locker room is pissed off. Good, let him get in Winston's ear. Let him have nasty body language. Give em the whole 9 yards. There is NO excuse for the team to be where it is. I'm not saying Jackson acting like he is will fix it but ***damn it man it's hard to blame him. It's nice to know he actually cares. Football players are a different breed because they don't have TIME to work things out. If the Lightning go on a 4 game slide then big deal. In football that's 1/4 your whole season. I'm sick of the losing. I honest to God let myself believe it would be different this time after 2006, 2011, 2013 and 2014 let me down thinking we might've turned the corner.

After almost 10 years of this crap having an apple go bad in the locker room is the least of my worries. It's such a loser's mentality (this isn't a diss at you OP I'm saying in general) when we want to purge talent at the level of DeSean Jackson because we've under-performed AGAIN and cannot routinely execute something as simple as a PAT and he is losing his nerve

Swashy, I appreciate your post and your sentiments - I see what your are saying.

I'm going to expand on my OP.

There's a reason I'm pointing this at Desean. He's not just some random scapegoat for this team's problems. I'm not just sitting here saying "hey things were going good, now things aren't, what's the difference? Oh we added desean Jackson, he must be the problem!". We also added TJ Ward, Baker and a whole rookie class, and I'm not blaming them. Ward and Baker haven't exactly been homerund this year either.

Here's the deal - and this isn't news to any of you guys - but football isn't played by robots, it's a collection of personalities and skill sets coming together, executing certain schemes, directed and organized by other human beings. It is the ultimate test of cohesion. In football, all great, or even good teams, and I'm talking about offenses here, operate as a metaphorical "phalanx", with the leader at the tip of the spear, and all other personalities fall in behind that tip of the spear. Look at Elway (Sharpe, McCaffrey, RSmith falling in behind him), Peyton (Harrison, Wayne falling in behind Manning), Brady (any number of non descript blue collar receivers), Montana (Rice, Clark), Favre (Driver, Freeman), Rodgers (Nelson, Cobb); none of these guys having "bigger personalities" than their quarterbacks, or who thought they were more important, themselves, than the cohesiveness of the team - the ones that did, for instance Steve Young (TO), Brees (Cooks, Graham), DJax with virtually every QB he's played with (Except when he was with Vick), look what happened. When certain players start to try to usurp the established phalanx of power and leadership, they got axed quickly in order to save the cohesiveness of the team - they all cut out the tumor before the cancer spread. Because these teams recognize that personality dynamics matter.

Winston is our guy. He's not perfect, but he's young, he's putting up record stats, and he's giving us chances to win. He's young, and he's got a long career ahead of him (lord willing). We didn't draft a Desean Watson, and we all knew that. We drafted our long-game drop back passer, not a sexy flash in the pan style QB; we're in this for the long run with Winston and I'm glad for it. So what's the issue with Desean then? It's the fact that he DOESNT have the patience for the long game. He is, and always has been the squeaky wheel. It's going to take a year for Winston and Desean to get on the same page. It just is. It's who Winston is. Look at he and Evans' connection. It took a year before they started clicking. Winston is just that kind of slow and steady rider. But once it's good, it's damn ****ing good. But the problem is Jackson isn't patient enough for that, he can't even go 3 games without getting a sour attitude with pouty body language. Saying **** like "you just gotta feed me dawg - just like you do Mike" to Winston in private in training camp. I thought for sure we were getting "the best version of Desean Jackson", the elder statesman version, the "I'm on my last NFL contract, I'm going to fall in line and take my place and help this young team succeed version of Desean Jackson. Unfortunately, I was wrong. We got the same old bitchy, low-effort, doesn't go out of his way to make the catch version of Desean Jackson; the slow down midway through your routes, give up early on deep balls because they weren't dropped directly in your breadbasket Desean Jackson; the go bitch about it to your young and impressionable WR "buddy" Desean Jackson.

You've all watched the same exact games I have, you've seen the cuts to the sideline showing Jackson bitching in Evans' ear, and now Evans starting to throw tantrums again like it's his first year in the league again, and now bitching along with Jackson after a bad Winston throw. You all saw Hard Knocks. It was almost cringeworthy watching Evans try to impress "the cool vet". But Evans is a young guy, of course that's where his mind is at, he sees a guy older than him with "swag" who has been "successful" and he's trying to be cool like him. And it's starting to show in his personality. I called last year Evans was going to have an absolute monster year because everything about the guy at that point in his life pointed to him "putting it all together"; he had just become a father, got married and you could tell he completely transcended into that "next level". He was locked in and exuded focus in his interviews, etc. he cut down on drops and had an absolute beast year. This year is him trying to be Robin to DJax's Batman (I'm talking about personality, not skill). He's too young to be put side by side with a personality like Desean's and it not effect him. Evans needs to be freed up by getting rid of that older Alpha, it's putting a ceiling over him and not allowing him to be his best, natural self. Again, before this year, I would have guaranteed you Winston and Evans were lifers on the Bucs, but if Desean hangs around, and this season keeps heading south like it's on the path to, I think Evans tries to jump ship, because somebody will have been whispering in his ear for a year, that he's too good for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
beardmcdoug

Postby Nano » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:00 pm

If Evans truly starts thinking that he's too good for the Bucs, then let him leave.
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Nano wrote:If Evans truly starts thinking that he's too good for the Bucs, then let him leave.

Tell me please what good that does us?
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:36 am

The "poison" here is Winston's inability to hit a receiver downfield unless he has the catch radius of Dikembe Mutombo. Should have maybe worried about that potential issue before we gave a smurf receiver that kind of cash.
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:13 am

BMD, that’s an impressive wall of Winston apologetics. This is on Winston.
PrimeMinister

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am

PrimeMinister wrote:BMD, that’s an impressive wall of Winston apologetics. This is on Winston.

/shrug

simple human and personality dynamics...

WR's are a dime a dozen. quarterbacks aren't. I'll stick with Winston and his flaws over some diva WR any day of the week
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:BMD, that’s an impressive wall of Winston apologetics. This is on Winston.

/shrug

WR's are a dime a dozen. quarterbacks aren't. I'll stick with Winston and his flaws over some diva WR any day of the week

Who said anything about not sticking with Winston?
PrimeMinister

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 am

deltbucs wrote:

Ahhhhhhh, but it wasnt.

The hint word was "try".
mdb1958

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:45 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
/shrug

His mind is simple. Even less than that. He needs someone to blame for the trouble this team has had and there's no easier target than the new guy who has a bit of an undeserved reputation. For him that means if they stick with Djax that it automatically means we're against Winston and vice versa.
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

His mind is simple. Even less than that. He needs someone to blame for the trouble this team has had and there's no easier target than the new guy who has a bit of an undeserved reputation. For him that means if they stick with Djax that it automatically means we're against Winston and vice versa.

If you have isolated the failure of a machine down to two components (most in this thread have disagreed with me and pointed to Winston as the root cause - while I maintain that it is Jackson), and the ongoing presence of one of those two components has the potential to, and has already began to cause long term damage to the rest of the components in the machine (his impact on Evans, Winston and the overall cohesion of the team), wouldn't you be interested in solving the issue as fast as possible by removing the faulty component?

If Jackson was the type of person to shut his ****ing mouth and soldier on, then there wouldn't be a time limit to this whole thing. But he's not. He's a little whiny bitch. And he has been his entire life.
beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

If you have isolated the failure of a machine down to two components (most in this thread have disagreed with me and pointed to Winston as the root cause - while I maintain that it is Jackson), and the ongoing presence of one of those two components has the potential to, and has already began to cause long term damage to the rest of the components in the machine (his impact on Evans, Winston and the overall cohesion of the team), wouldn't you be interested in solving the issue as fast as possible by removing the faulty component?

If Jackson was the type of person to shut his ****ing mouth and soldier on, then there wouldn't be a time limit to this whole thing. But he's not. He's a little whiny bitch. And he has been his entire life.

That's my point. Your simple mind can only see things in a simple format. 1 or the other. Why can't they both be at fault or neither of them? At least those who disagree with you and blame Winston have some type of tangible argument. Your entire premise has zero to do with on field play And everything to do with what you perceive Desean Jackson's attitude and nature to be. The whiny little bitch isn't him. It's you.

And I'm glad he doesn't just shut his mouth, collect his check and go home win, lose or tie. We have a history of guys who do that and guys on this team who still do. Guys who are content with whatever happens. Guys like Djax, Baker, Wardn at least show that they give a damn and want to contribute and want to win. They bring some energy, some fire to this team. We have enough Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David types who even if we lose are smiling and happy as ever that the check cleared.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:29 pm

Meh, DJax doesn't come across as team first guy to me at all.

I like Djax, I think the narrative about him has been largely unfair whether it's him being injury prone, his work ethic, or the alleged nefarious company he keeps off the field. He's been a pro since he's been here and has done what has been asked.

If there was something I'd complain about with DJax is that I wish he and Jameis would spend more time working on getting on the same page. I won't speculate or blame anyone for what has or hasn't happened in the past, but the fact is that Jameis and DJax are out of sync and it's obvious when you watch the Bucs play. Jameis to Evans looks good, Jameis to Brate is great, even Jameis to Howard looks fine in the few times we target the young TE. But at least half the targets to DJax are just off. Those two need to start working after practice and spend some time this offseason building a rapport b/c the connection they have now is something you see at a pro-bowl instead of the QB-WR chemistry you'd expect for a combo of their caliber that plays/practices together full-time.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

That's my point. Your simple mind can only see things in a simple format. 1 or the other. Why can't they both be at fault or neither of them?

Look Forrest, they both are "at fault", to a degree; I said as much in my low-winded explanatory post. The issue is how the adversity is being handled. Jackson is not handling the adversity properly. It's in his DNA, it's who he is, and its already showing. **** is going to be rough for a year at least before they get their timing down, the problem is, during that time, Jackson is crying in Evans' ear, setting a bad example, demanding the ball, putting pressure on Winston to do so, effecting our play calling, and generally screwing up the team's chemistry. Winston hasn't been hitting the deep ball, he's been making poor decisions, but he's not pulling a Cam Newton while he does
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beardmcdoug

Postby acaton » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Who?

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:03 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:
That's my point. Your simple mind can only see things in a simple format. 1 or the other. Why can't they both be at fault or neither of them?

Look Forrest, they both are "at fault", to a degree; I said as much in my low-winded explanatory post. The issue is how the adversity is being handled. Jackson is not handling the adversity properly. It's in his DNA, it's who he is, and its already showing. **** is going to be rough for a year at least before they get their timing down, the problem is, during that time, Jackson is crying in Evans' ear, setting a bad example, demanding the ball, putting pressure on Winston to do so, effecting our play calling, and generally screwing up the team's chemistry. Winston hasn't been hitting the deep ball, he's been making poor decisions, but he's not pulling a Cam Newton while he does

What exactly is he saying in Evans ear? That's where you should've started. What has he said?
Bootz2004

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

What exactly is he saying in Evans ear? That's where you should've started. What has he said?

beardmcdoug

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:41 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

I'd like to see this thread drop way back in the pages after Sunday.
mdb1958

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 pm

yeah me too
beardmcdoug

Postby Caradoc » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:13 pm

You have pretty much zero evidence for what your are claiming as fact.
Caradoc

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Caradoc wrote:You have pretty much zero evidence for what your are claiming as fact.

bro we're fans talking about our football team. the entire premise of this thread/concept is based on my subjective interpretation of body language / personality dynamics - and has nothing to do with any sort of quantifiable substance and I'm not hiding this in the least.
beardmcdoug

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions