Vernon Hargreaves

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Vernon Hargreaves

Postby tjax03 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Anyone tell me whats wrong with this picture below. The play is on 3rd and 2

tjax03

Re: Vernon Hargreaves

Postby Super K » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Saw this pic on Twitter earlier today..

It's supposedly a fake/shopped..
Super K

Postby tjax03 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 pm

tjax03

Postby Super K » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:42 pm

I remember the 2nd one (flea flicker)..

I was so ****ing pissed...
Super K

Postby paco74 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm not sure why this is happening. I hear some say that the CB has the freedom to play that far back, but I don't recall this happening last year. Now I was probably getting pretty drunk by the second half, but I recall that we were playing much tighter. I know we are trying to keep things in front of the DBs but dammit. We need to throw caution to the wind and start playing our game versus constantly playing soft and reacting to theirs.

A fire needs to be lit across the board on defense. We have to start much faster. Idk what it is about Arizona, but I'm beyond tired of losing to them. Is this going to be the new, we can't win when the temp is below 40F? Oh, the Bucs can't win when the humidity is below 40%.... :cussingblack:
paco74

Postby Nano » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 pm

He's still young and has time to improve

That said...you can't really sugarcoat it: VH3 has been the worst CB in the NFL since he entered the league. He's given up the most yards in both his seasons(led the league last year, and leading the league this year). He's at or near the bottom in most categories.

He doesn't give up many TDs though, or get many ints for that matter

He's been especially bad the past 3 weeks though. 24 receptions for 361 yards and 2 TDs
Nano

Postby MJW » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 pm

We can talk schemes, assignments, man/zone, whatever. Since VHIII came into the league, he has played scared in coverage and soft against the run. I did not see any of this coming, and I don't remember ANYONE here who did. He was like flypaper at UF. I loved watching him play. Yeah, he was always going to be a minus run defender at his size, but that's worthwhile tradeoff in Goodell's league if a guy can really cover.

Obviously, that's not what's happening. More than Koetter or Mike Smith, it's Jon Hoke and Brett Maxie who need to help him remember the dude he was at UF. Right now, he reminds me a lot of Aguayo. He's not playing with any confidence.
MJW

Return to Team Discussions