When I browse through Titans message boards

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: When I browse through Titans message boards

Postby MJW » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Bucs2theSB wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
You do realize that Mariota isn't 'a young WHITE qb'... right?

I like how they completely ignored this post

When there's a complaint about racism, it only extends to American Blacks and Latinos who have visible collarbone/neck/face tattoos. Africans, Asians, Polynesians, South Americans, and Latinos who attend Catholic Church regularly are not included. So...Mariota = White.
MJW

Postby A Man's Part » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:54 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:
Overaction by clowns on this forum. When Winston was playing lights out in that five game stretch last year nobody mentioned accuracy...

The way he is being judged here you will think he is Blake Bortles.

Titans fan will take Winston in a heartbeat...

Winston is under appreciated on this forum...he has to be perfect or else he is out of here....well let the Bucs let him go...

Nobody wants to blame Koetter at all....They couldn't wait to drive Lovie out after 2 years ...Let's see how Koetter's career shape up without Winston....He wouldn't even have to leave the state to find a job and get paid well ...then the Bucs can go back to the Josh Johnson, Freeman, Glennon lol, and Mccown's of the likes.

Some on here want to compare him to Freeman so bad.. :lol: :lol:

I didn't mention accuracy in my post.

He's better than Blake Bortles.

I disagree with your assessment of what the Titans fans would want, and more to the point - I didn't say who the fans would take. I said who the organizations would prefer.

Winston is under-appreciated by some and over-appreciate by others. Right now he is a middle of the pack quarterback with a big arm, a great personality, and a young birth certificate. What he isn't is consistent enough right now.

I blame Koetter a good deal, personally.

Nobody thinks he's Freeman.

Stick to what people are arguing, not straw man arguments.

Freeman probably wouldn't overthrow Desean Jackson every time he gets behind the defense.
A Man's Part

Postby MJW » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 am

A Man's Part wrote:
MJW wrote:
I didn't mention accuracy in my post.

He's better than Blake Bortles.

I disagree with your assessment of what the Titans fans would want, and more to the point - I didn't say who the fans would take. I said who the organizations would prefer.

Winston is under-appreciated by some and over-appreciate by others. Right now he is a middle of the pack quarterback with a big arm, a great personality, and a young birth certificate. What he isn't is consistent enough right now.

I blame Koetter a good deal, personally.

Nobody thinks he's Freeman.

Stick to what people are arguing, not straw man arguments.

Freeman probably wouldn't overthrow Desean Jackson every time he gets behind the defense.

Freeman, like so many Bucs QBs, never played with a wideout who could get behind anyone. Though he did throw some gorgeous fades to Mike Williams (not that one, or that one) in 2010.
MJW

Postby I Are Serious Poster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:08 am

Bucs2theSB wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
You do realize that Mariota isn't 'a young WHITE qb'... right?

I like how they completely ignored this post

This has been pointed out to him before, trust me, he's been doing this on the Red Board for years. He thinks the city of Washington DC turned on RG III because the overwhelmingly white fan base couldn't handle a black QB. The demographics of DC are 43% white and 49% black, and I don't have to look at the demographics of Nashville to know it's not a mecca for Samoans.
I Are Serious Poster

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:00 pm

sanka wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Why would you go to the Titans board after Mariota just had a 72% completion game that they won and hope to see people trashing the QB? Go there after he has a shitty game and loses. Compare apples to apples, sanka. Fans on message boards look for someone to blame in a loss. You and Jameislives jumping on the defensive so quickly and refusing to even acknowledge that Winston has been off-target and making some questionable decisions so far this year will only help put Winston directly in people's crosshairs.

Why are you grouping me with another poster ?...All I am saying is clowns like you and acaton need to appreciate your QB even when he is not perfect...if you want him out of here and go back to the way things were then many teams will be happy to take him.

Could you possibly point out where I said I wanted him out of here or didn't think he could improve?
bucfanclw

Postby A Man's Part » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

MJW wrote:
A Man's Part wrote:

Freeman, like so many Bucs QBs, never played with a wideout who could get behind anyone. Though he did throw some gorgeous fades to Mike Williams (not that one, or that one) in 2010.

Do you remember when Jeff Garcia did, but he was wasted because, you know, Jeff Garcia's arm?
A Man's Part

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:Wasn't aware Nano was in charge of extending player contracts

It's a message board!!! Everyone over-reacts!!!!!

Yeah, I lol'ed

But this is what this board looks like after some of the games we've played this year
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby MJW » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:17 pm

A Man's Part wrote:
MJW wrote:

Do you remember when Jeff Garcia did, but he was wasted because, you know, Jeff Garcia's arm?

Ahhhhh, le White Tiger! How could I forget?
MJW

Postby SDBucs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 am

JameisLives wrote:trust me if mariota was black, they would treat him like vince young( and vy actually won games and saved an inept coach in jeff fisher's job twice)

nfl fans are mostly white christian males and they hate black men in power positions... thats y their isnt a single black qb thats loved like a aaron rodgers in the nfl.. Watson is good now, but when he starts to dominate too much watch how the fans start burying him and giving credit to his wideouts.

Most racist thing I've read all week and I frequent 4chan
SDBucs

Postby NYBF » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 am

NYBF

Postby billsfan1212 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:19 am

:banghead:
Last edited by billsfan1212 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
billsfan1212

Postby billsfan1212 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

JameisLives wrote:
trust me if mariota was black, they would treat him like vince young( and vy actually won games and saved an inept coach in jeff fisher's job twice)
[b]
nfl fans are mostly white christian males and they hate black men in power positions
.[/b].. thats y their isnt a single black qb thats loved like a aaron rodgers in the nfl.. Watson is good now, but when he starts to dominate too much watch how the fans start burying him and giving credit to his wideouts.

Really??

I feel statements like this are more the cause of your complaint than anything else...

From this story...
http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod ... t-crucify/

Tyrod Taylor states (out of context of course)
Taylor accepts the criticism for what it is – the reality of playing a position that garners all of the praise and all of the ridicule on any given day.

He also knows that his skin color is a factor in how he’s evaluated.

“It’s always going to be twice as bad just because of who I am – an African-American quarterback,” Taylor says, echoing a familiar refrain among people of color, regardless of professional status. “Look across the league, man. We’re held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect.”

Pressed on the subject, he continues.

“I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing – or just an African-American thing,” he says, “And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

His words cut to the heart of the hypocrisy behind the labeling of Newton as overly emotional and a sore loser, while Tom Brady and Rivers’ on-field antics are celebrated as passionate competitiveness.

Now... THAT seems like a much better way to say it, no?
I admit, even that might be a little controversial as things seem to get anytime race or inequality is brought up. Generally, TT never rocks the boat so its something coming from him... but its not like its something the media has run with. He said what he thought, was respectful, and that was that.
Even more - He can because hes in the position.
I'd love to say thats not the case, but Im not going to pretend like i know. I'm also a 32 year old Caucasian male, so I've also never 'walked a mile in his shoes' to even begin to know what it feels like.
billsfan1212

Postby NYBF » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:07 am

psst... he's a troll... and he's been kicked down to the kiddie corner.
NYBF

Postby billsfan1212 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 am

NYBF wrote:psst... he's a troll... and he's been kicked down to the kiddie corner.

hahaha, gotcha. I usually dont post anything thats not in direct reference to the weeks game.... but i read that and coulodnt help myself... more just not believing someone would actually think that let alone prove a public record to the thought...
billsfan1212

Postby NYBF » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:33 pm

billsfan1212 wrote:
NYBF wrote:psst... he's a troll... and he's been kicked down to the kiddie corner.

hahaha, gotcha. I usually dont post anything thats not in direct reference to the weeks game.... but i read that and coulodnt help myself... more just not believing someone would actually think that let alone prove a public record to the thought...

No worries. He's been here under a couple different names. The board isn't heavily moderated, but once he starts spreading his filth all over the board, they usually send them away. Sometimes it's fun to watch them rattle away at the cage down there because they can't get out.
NYBF

Previous

Return to Team Discussions