Why is Mariota always considered a franchise qb by the media

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Why is Mariota always considered a franchise qb by the media

Postby JameisLives » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 pm

but not jameis winston. With winston its his interceptions are the problem

why doesnt anyone in the media have the balls to call out mariota's lack of production when it comes to passing td's and him being so injury prone like they did with rgknee.. people mention his redzone td/int ratio but never bring up that winston is 39/1 td/int in the redzone

watch them turn on watson for tribusky like they are doing with prescott over wentz
JameisLives

Re: Why is Mariota always considered a franchise qb by the m

Postby terrytate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 am

I like turtles.
terrytate

Postby Hit55 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:31 am

Some people say that cucumbers taste better pickled.
Hit55

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:50 am

Hit55 wrote:Some people say that cucumbers taste better pickled.

Why not just eat a pickle?
Super K

Postby Caradoc » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:56 am

Super K wrote:
Hit55 wrote:Some people say that cucumbers taste better pickled.

Why not just eat a pickle?

That would be gay
Caradoc

Postby Moozician » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:44 am

A gay pickle? You ever try them sweet potato fries? Gotta be better than Caradoc's gay pickles. Gay pickles? Really?
Moozician

Postby J-Stink » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 am

Because Mariota is a winner, he's a good QB minus injuries and his surrounding cast (for his whole career so far) is garbage compared to Winston's. Wentz is outplaying Prescott in case you haven't figured that out yet. You have serious mental problems.
J-Stink

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am

JameisLives wrote:but not jameis winston. With winston its his interceptions are the problem

why doesnt anyone in the media have the balls to call out mariota's lack of production when it comes to passing td's and him being so injury prone like they did with rgknee.. people mention his redzone td/int ratio but never bring up that winston is 39/1 td/int in the redzone

watch them turn on watson for tribusky like they are doing with prescott over wentz

J-Stink wrote:Because Mariota is a winner, he's a good QB minus injuries and his surrounding cast (for his whole career so far) is garbage compared to Winston's. Wentz is outplaying Prescott in case you haven't figured that out yet. You have serious mental problems.

These two are the same person, for those that haven't figured it out
beardmcdoug

Postby BucaRican » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:20 am

Because he gets through his progressions faster. Because he gets the ball out of his hands fairly quicker than Winston. Because he doesn't make the dumb a** throws Winston does when he is under pressure. Winstons issue has always been maturity on the field. Not to mention he can avoid pressure a lot better than most QBs in the NFL.
BucaRican

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 am

Probably b/c he was drafted #2 overall and has started every game other that the 5-6 he was injured thus far for a team that has gone from drafting top 2 in b2b years to challenging for the playoffs. Most every QB in recent memory drafted that high was referred to with the moniker of 'franchise QB' until their play dictated the team should go in a different direction.

RG3 after his RoY season was franchise QB, same w/ Bortles after his 34TD season in year 2.

Mariota, Winston, Wentz, and even Goff all hold this label still since it is pretty much bestowed on them based on draft position. Later round picks like Prescott, Wilson, and Cousins had to earn the term Franchise QB by winning games and playing well.

I don't think race plays any role.
DreadNaught

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
JameisLives wrote:but not jameis winston. With winston its his interceptions are the problem

J-Stink wrote:Because Mariota is a winner, he's a good QB minus injuries and his surrounding cast (for his whole career so far) is garbage compared to Winston's. Wentz is outplaying Prescott in case you haven't figured that out yet. You have serious mental problems.

Kinda like a multiple personalities thing
Jason Bourne

Postby DonkeyHunter » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 am

I always wondered where sevenup went after he was banned from PR.

Now I know.
DonkeyHunter

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:10 am

beardmcdoug wrote:

I understand and am grateful this board isn't heavily moderated, but I thought we banned bi-posting here?
DreadNaught

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 am

I thought this was common knowledge:

Back in 1979 the league was absolutely pining for a Samoan susperstar, and they conspired with the Cincinnati Bengals to take Jack Thompson third overall. They promised the Bengals great fortune if they did so, even allowing them the honor to lose to Joe Montana in the Super Bowl a couple of years later. When the Bengals cut ties with Thompson years later, the league was furious and banished the Bengals to league purgatory forever (that is why Marvin Lewis has not been allowed to be fired).

The Bucs pounced all over the league's desire to hold up this Samoan treasure to the gods, and signed him in return for a Super Bowl win. When they too cut ties with Thompson, the league scorned Hugh Culverhouse and promised to never let him see the Bucs in the Super Bowl. In 2002 they finally honored their promise to the Bucs, and that is the story of how the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won a championship.

Fast forward to 2015 and the league had their chance for another gift to the gods. They've since smartened up and have conspired with the media to prop Mariota up to protect their deities. Look for the Titans to win a Super Bowl (as long as they don't cut ties with Mariota), and it won't be because of his abilities on the field.
Deja Entendu

Postby Doctor » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:43 am

Deja Entendu wrote:I thought this was common knowledge:

Back in 1979 the league was absolutely pining for a Samoan susperstar, and they conspired with the Cincinnati Bengals to take Jack Thompson third overall. They promised the Bengals great fortune if they did so, even allowing them the honor to lose to Joe Montana in the Super Bowl a couple of years later. When the Bengals cut ties with Thompson years later, the league was furious and banished the Bengals to league purgatory forever (that is why Marvin Lewis has not been allowed to be fired).

The Bucs pounced all over the league's desire to hold up this Samoan treasure to the gods, and signed him in return for a Super Bowl win. When they too cut ties with Thompson, the league scorned Hugh Culverhouse and promised to never let him see the Bucs in the Super Bowl. In 2002 they finally honored their promise to the Bucs, and that is the story of how the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won a championship.

Fast forward to 2015 and the league had their chance for another gift to the gods. They've since smartened up and have conspired with the media to prop Mariota up to protect their deities. Look for the Titans to win a Super Bowl (as long as they don't cut ties with Mariota), and it won't be because of his abilities on the field.

:lol:
Doctor

Postby Caradoc » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm

DonkeyHunter wrote:I always wondered where sevenup went after he was banned from PR.

Now I know.

Jameislives still posts on PR. GottaJaboo
Caradoc

Postby J-Stink » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:38 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:

Wow. :lol: Not even close. What a swing and a miss...by a mile. That dude is a full blown nut.
J-Stink

Postby J-Stink » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:39 pm

BucaRican wrote:Because he gets through his progressions faster. Because he gets the ball out of his hands fairly quicker than Winston. Because he doesn't make the dumb a** throws Winston does when he is under pressure. Winstons issue has always been maturity on the field. Not to mention he can avoid pressure a lot better than most QBs in the NFL.

This guy must be me too because I agree totally with this.
J-Stink

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 am

I see little to no Mariota love when I watch anything involving the NFL. Some of you are too insecure about this whole Winston/Mariota thing.
Miller4Prez64

Postby The Outsider » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am

It's because Marotia is white duh!?!?!?;?!
The Outsider

Postby UbuntuBuc » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:58 am

UbuntuBuc

Postby MJW » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 am

Miller4Prez64 wrote:I see little to no Mariota love when I watch anything involving the NFL. Some of you are too insecure about this whole Winston/Mariota thing.

I always think that when I hear this nonsense. Don't get me wrong, it's nonsense ANYWAY. But I must be missing this media/Mariota lovefest. Admittedly I don't watch nearly as much AFC and I do NFC...but I hear about Mariota roughly as much as I hear about, say, Andy Dalton, or Tyrod Taylor. Which is to say, probably low-average for any starting NFL quarterback.
MJW

Return to Team Discussions