Week 7 Opponent - Circling the Wagons in Buffalo

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Week 7 Opponent - Circling the Wagons in Buffalo

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:Maybe a weakened arm will be good for Jameis... his overthrows will be on target.

THAT was perfection
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:56 pm

billsfan1212 wrote:
Hey man, any given Sunday!!!

I'm on a Billsboard, I dont expect to be reading how they are just going to lay down lol.

I will say that this drought has done quite a number on Buc's fans in a number of ways.
One of which is back in our heyday in the 90's, youd find ignorant (even when not drunk) fans who would be a lousy winner. Kinda like Pats fans now.
I'll deal with Brady as long we we have to and at this point have just accepted it for what it is on the premise that once hes gone - so are the Pats.
If the Buc's are still bad, well, that sucks BUT watching Pats fans crash back to reality will be a heck of a show. Hats off, theyve had a helluva run but its sad that its near impossible to have a convo about football bc of their holier than thou attitude. And i get it... but I admit I'm excited for the day I get to see it all crash and burn.
We've been fooled with 5-1 (and similar give or take) starts over the years only to end up 6-10 etc.
As big of a fan as I am, I wouldnt even talk about blowing out a team on my own board just bc I wont even pretend to have a clue.
Even still, the way some of these games are shaking out ya just never know what is going to happen throughout the course of the game.
Will the refs make a terrible call that totally changes the momentum? is a 28-3 lead safe going into the 2nd half?
Its been a crazy year and none of these games have turned out the way I would have guessed prior to opening kickoff.
So, have at it and flame away- I know what I signed up for coming to the other teams board. I just like to get familiar and engage in some conversation thats a bit different than the normal homer Buc'spin!

Yep we have a lot in common
Babeinbucland

Postby billsfan1212 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 pm

good stuff

I readily admit i went back bc at 1st I thought i made a typo.... then it all made sense! :roll: :lol:
billsfan1212

Postby Nano » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 pm

According to Koetter, Kwon has been cleared for full practice on Wednesday and, barring any setbacks, should play on Sunday
Nano

Postby Nano » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Nano

Postby Alpha » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:
Super K wrote:The Bills will take away our ground game..no doubt about it..our scheme and tendencies are about as creative as melting vanilla ice cream..

Our offense has GOT to be one of the easiest to defend against in the league. Winston's inaccuracy means if the other team simply focuses on shutting down the run game early, Winston's deficiencies will show up and limit our opportunity to succeed. Get up a couple of scores and the team will completely abandon the run whatsoever and Winston will try to convert into hero mode, thus leading to even more mistakes. Keep putting the game on his shoulders and he will make the crucial mistake that will ultimately cost the team the game. While sometimes he will, in fact, be he hero and win he game, it's just as likely -- or even more -- that it will go the opponent's way once Winston is behind the eight ball.

If I were a defensive coordinator I'd put it on him every single time and tell my team: "Yes, he's going to make some plays, but keep forcing him to throw the football as much as possible and because of his inaccuracy we'll win his one."

I don't necessarily disagree with what you've stated. Here's the ONE thing, that gives me hope for this game:

BUF offense is no great shakes. Their QB is NOT the passer that Brady or Palmer is. Their ineptitude MIGHT keep us in the game long enough to allow a commitment to the run, allow our play-action to have some effect. We need to keep their QB in the pocket. That is primarily what I want to see on defense. The sacks don't matter as much to me.

I know how I'd game-plan this...and assuming our D shows up for the game, gets some stops and forces BUF to punt every now and again...we have a chance. Regardless of our QB.

I'm looking forward to our response here. It SHOULD be our best performance of the year. If it isn't...then I have serious questions about our coaching staff AND players that at this point...I really don't (all of the hysteria aside).
Alpha

Postby billsfan1212 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 am

im shocked looking at the yards passing total between TT and JW.
I would have guessed JW was closer to double TT's total
billsfan1212

Postby billsfan1212 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 am

well, well, well,....
My how the tables have turned!!!
Turns out the Bills signed Deonte Thompson yesterday, which means we'll hang at least 50 on you!!
With this signing, the Bills no doubt will go from 4 WR targets a game to 24 EASY.

Watch out Julio and AJ

Deonte is comin for ya!!!!!! :D

But seriously...a WR room full of Rookies and PS guys and Deonte Thompson is the solution??

YUCK

Oddly, Buffalo also worked out Matt Simms.... No one can figure out why lol
People (and you know how crazy people can be with this stuff) seem to this this means a TT trade to GB is now imminent and we need a backup for our new Rookie 5th Rd Starting QB.... :extinguishflame: :banghead: :drinkingdrunk:
billsfan1212

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 am

This will be our 2nd time facing Deonte Thompson this season already. IIRC he caught the lone TD pass from Glennon in garbage time of the Bucs week 2 24-7 route of the Bears.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:05 am

As bad as the Bucs played Sunday I honestly feel they will come out with a much better effort vs the Bills. So as long as we fit the run like we're supposed I don't see the Bills being able to manage much with their offense against us.

Which means we just can't lose the game on special teams or letting the Bills defense ruin it, which to their credit they've been able to do this season vs some pretty good opponents (get by on offense and win w/ defense, takeaways, and field position).

This is has been a very unpredictable season but I think we're a more talented team and should be the hungrier team come this Sunday after embarrassing ourselves last week.
DreadNaught

Postby KiffininCanton » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:13 pm

the game is off the board now (assuming because of the uncertainty with Winston), but when it was initially put on the board, we were only a 3 point dog. Meaning on a neutral field they would make the game a pick em.

That makes no sense, Vegas is begging the public to take the Bills, we're winning this one.
KiffininCanton

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:19 pm

KiffininCanton wrote:the game is off the board now (assuming because of the uncertainty with Winston), but when it was initially put on the board, we were only a 3 point dog. Meaning on a neutral field they would make the game a pick em.

That makes no sense, Vegas is begging the public to take the Bills, we're winning this one.

Vegas hates teams like the Bills who have been winning "ugly".

I think our Bucs should win this game since they're the more talented (on paper) and should be the more desperate team wanting to prove they are not what the Cards game showed. Most competitive people are chomping at the bit for their next opportunity after an embarrassing performance.
DreadNaught

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:22 pm

billsfan1212 wrote:well, well, well,....
My how the tables have turned!!!
Turns out the Bills signed Deonte Thompson yesterday, which means we'll hang at least 50 on you!!
With this signing, the Bills no doubt will go from 4 WR targets a game to 24 EASY.

Watch out Julio and AJ

Deonte is comin for ya!!!!!! :D

But seriously...a WR room full of Rookies and PS guys and Deonte Thompson is the solution??

YUCK

Oddly, Buffalo also worked out Matt Simms.... No one can figure out why lol
People (and you know how crazy people can be with this stuff) seem to this this means a TT trade to GB is now imminent and we need a backup for our new Rookie 5th Rd Starting QB.... :extinguishflame: :banghead: :drinkingdrunk:

If you really wanted to win, you'd start Nathan Peterman.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Nano » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Nano

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Leonard Johnson plays for the Bills?!?!

DreadNaught

Postby Nano » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Greg Auman @gregauman
Bucs' Jameis Winston didn't look today like a quarterback expecting to play on Sunday. Could test shoulder more Friday, but seems unlikely.
Nano

Postby billsfan1212 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 pm

DreadNaught wrote:This will be our 2nd time facing Deonte Thompson this season already. IIRC he caught the lone TD pass from Glennon in garbage time of the Bucs week 2 24-7 route of the Bears.

so, you are saying hes a Bucs killer??? :)
billsfan1212

Postby billsfan1212 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
KiffininCanton wrote:the game is off the board now (assuming because of the uncertainty with Winston), but when it was initially put on the board, we were only a 3 point dog. Meaning on a neutral field they would make the game a pick em.

Vegas hates teams like the Bills who have been winning "ugly".

I think our Bucs should win this game since they're the more talented (on paper) and should be the more desperate team wanting to prove they are not what the Cards game showed. Most competitive people are chomping at the bit for their next opportunity after an embarrassing performance.

Your reasoning above is why I think this might be a really good game and surprise fans of both teams regardless of outcome.

TT has gone through the ringer over the bye.
Their last outing at CIN was horrendous.
Bills fans are hoping he comes out like a man with his hair on fire with something to prove.

This will be a real telling game, bc if he doesnt... well then the Bills will be considered pretenders again.
Its not make or break it and the season doesn't hinge on this - but I think it sets the tone for the rest of the way.

Theyve had a bye to rest, implement new wrinkles, and get things back on track.

Now for all we know, the O could put up a season high in yrds/pts and the D lays an egg.

No way to know of course, but Im just saying the reasons you gave above fit very well with the Bills 2017 thus far as well with the exception of TB being the more talented team.
The Bills are looking to establish themselves and have done the underdog thing well this yr. They'll have the crowd (which was huge in the DEN game) and hopefully a chip on their shoulder.
The Bucs weapons are like nothing on the Bills roster. If they can figure out how to utilize em and make it all work then BUF will be in for a looonnngggg afternoon
billsfan1212

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:52 pm

If TT cant expose the cushions given by VH3 early in games then he should be benched. Bucs will be focused on shutting down the run game so it will likely come down to 3rd and short/mid a lot.

Definitely will be nice to have Kwon back out there patrolling the middle of the field so Beckwith and Ward can do their thing
ComingThisFall

Postby Doctor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 pm

What's up with McCoy? It may be the offense as a whole, but he in particular is looking off this year.
Doctor

Postby Selmon Rules » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:45 pm

billsfan1212 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:This will be our 2nd time facing Deonte Thompson this season already. IIRC he caught the lone TD pass from Glennon in garbage time of the Bucs week 2 24-7 route of the Bears.

so, you are saying hes a Bucs killer??? :)

Anyone's backup seems to be a Buc killer, lol

We've lost to them all I think, lol
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:48 pm

DreadNaught

Postby billsfan1212 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Doctor wrote:What's up with McCoy? It may be the offense as a whole, but he in particular is looking off this year.

I give the media credit on this issue. People get pissy and spread blame quite a bit and it would be EASY for them to get on his case about losing a step. That's not the case IMO nor has it been said louder than a whisper.
He's has a few dynamite runs called back for holds. Only one imo was obvious and that was a 40+ yrs run last game that Thomas had his man in a choke hold.
Similar to how Rex ruined a good D upon his arrival, so far Rick Dennison has done the same with the O. Rather than taking advantage of Incognito doing what he does best and pulling, they've installed a zone blocking scheme... and it hasn't clicked. In previous yrs shady has almost had a running start and the momentum just kept on going. Lots of misdirection as well. This yr it seems every time he's been given the ball he's standing still and picking a hole that seems to close quick.

Again, the hope is the Bills used the bye to identify what this O did well in yrs past and try and use it this year. Since he's already given up on the quick 2/3 step drop timing throws, he's already veered away from what he wanted to do.
We hope we see some of last yrs running schemes and more option plays that TT and Shady were so successful with last year.
If they can retool and play to stregenths rather than ignoring them and doing what they think they should do they may find success
billsfan1212

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:41 am

I have purposely resigned myself to limit how hard I am on Winston mainly because I'm waiting and hoping to see (one day) a brilliant game from him.

Something like 25 for 30 for 366 yards and 4 TD's. You know something where I'm saying is this really happening, wow.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:43 am

Of course that also includes a defensive performance that leads me to believe they were told to put it together or else. I mean anybody can field a defense that stinks and dont seem to know what to do about it.
mdb1958

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:17 am

@gregauman

Unless Jordan Matthews (thumb) can go on Sunday vs. Bucs, Bills won't have a receiver with more than six catches or 66 yards all season.

STOP THE RUN!! Play single high and load the box all game. Make Tyrod Taylor and this group of receivers have a career day if the Bills are going to score.
DreadNaught

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am

DreadNaught wrote:
@gregauman

Unless Jordan Matthews (thumb) can go on Sunday vs. Bucs, Bills won't have a receiver with more than six catches or 66 yards all season.

STOP THE RUN!! Play single high and load the box all game. Make Tyrod Taylor and this group of receivers have a career day if the Bills are going to score.

My luck and we will encourage them to put up over 200 yards rushing on us and they will find a new superstar WR...
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:04 am

After all, we need to be fair and considerate with every opponent.
mdb1958

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:57 am

Today should be the day that tells the tale.

Per Greg Auman:

Coach Dirk Koetter has said Winston has no potential for further damage by playing, so it's a matter of pain tolerance and whether the shoulder limits his ability to throw.

Winston didn't throw at practice Wednesday, and while coaches had planned to let him throw Thursday, they opted to wait another day, and Koetter said Winston will get all the throwing reps on Friday, which is typically a shorter practice.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:09 am

NYBF

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions