Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:20 am

Dennis Green would be rolling around in his grave if his Cardinals would’ve let us off the hook in this game. Thank you Fitzpatrick and Lavonte for making this look close, but we weren’t really in this. We either underestimated Adrian Peterson or bought into the hype and got into our own heads… and then decided to rest our defensive backs in the first half so they were fresh for the end of the game.

1.) At least we got the ball first in the second half.
2.) We won’t have to face Adrian Peterson twice this year.
3.) Gerarld McCoy getting mad.

Dislikes:
1.) Arizona striking gold twice acquiring AP in both football and iced tea.
2.) Can the Bucs front office make a phone call to the Gruden Hotline?
3.) Finally, we can put something in the pro column for getting blackout drunk.
4.) Screw Nick Folk.
5.) Peyton Barber’s leg.
6.) Justin Evans just let… He just… What? He just??? Huh? That was letting Carson Palmer wrestle the ball away from you bad. (Look at that, I unnecessarily went and made two points when I should have just gone for one)
7.) And this game didn’t shut the board down?
8.) So this is what it felt like to be a team beat by the geriatric 2002 Raiders.
9.) Like Kwon, Jameis promises to play next week, so see you for Christmas.

Random Stuff:
1.) FOX needs to understand that breaking news eventually becomes just news.
2.) Anyone adding Fitzpatrick to your fantasy team?

I waited ten days for this? No, better yet. I waited 7 months for this. I think not. This is worse than waiting 19 years for the Crystal Skull. This is Geraldo bad. Dunkaneers worthy. We’re not a bad team, we just play that way, and yes, I just quoted Jessica Rabbit. I have a feeling we’ll eventually pull our heads out of our asses and start playing like we should, I just hope when we do, it’s not too late.
IchabodCrane84

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Postby Air-Buc-Pirate » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 am

We'll see Kwon next fall.
Air-Buc-Pirate

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 am

#4 offense in the league with the worst TOP in the league? How would things look if we got rid of most of the crap plays and started being consistent.

Offense isnt helping the defense and the defense isnt helping the offense.
mdb1958

Postby Moozician » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 am

Down by 31 at halftime? We had them right where we wanted them.
Moozician

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 am

It's like watching a summary of Shia Labeuf's career.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 am

UbuntuBuc

Postby ComingThisFall » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 am

6.) Justin Evans just let… He just… What? He just??? Huh? That was letting Carson Palmer wrestle the ball away from you bad. (Look at that, I unnecessarily went and made two points when I should have just gone for one)

This is gold, Jerry. Gold
ComingThisFall

Postby Super K » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 am

ComingThisFall wrote:6.) Justin Evans just let… He just… What? He just??? Huh? That was letting Carson Palmer wrestle the ball away from you bad. (Look at that, I unnecessarily went and made two points when I should have just gone for one)

This is gold, Jerry. Gold

Yes it was!
Super K

Postby paco74 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:39 am

I almost didn't come into Buczone this morning for fear of the meltdowns and those who have been salivating to start their schticks again. While there was little to like about how this game started, I would like to say that any team in that situation could have easily laid down and given up. They could have been allowed to be blown out 50-60 to 3, but THIS TEAM DID NOT!. If there is anything to hang our hats on this morning is that this team strapped on their big boy panties, buckled up and knuckled up. There was ZERO QUIT. Long season, folks. This could be the spark that kicks off a long run of wins. You heard it hear first.

And we move on to Buffalo.
paco74

Postby Floggingmicah » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 am

Good stuff Ich. Finally can smile about this shitshow of a game, thanks. Onward and upward to Buffalo.
Floggingmicah

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am

paco74 wrote:I almost didn't come into Buczone this morning for fear of the meltdowns and those who have been salivating to start their schticks again. While there was little to like about how this game started, I would like to say that any team in that situation could have easily laid down and given up. They could have been allowed to be blown out 50-60 to 3, but THIS TEAM DID NOT!. If there is anything to hang our hats on this morning is that this team strapped on their big boy panties, buckled up and knuckled up. There was ZERO QUIT. Long season, folks. This could be the spark that kicks off a long run of wins. You heard it hear first.

I hope so. I'll agree losing 38-33 and forming some type of rally in the 4th quarter is better than packing it in and losing 42-7 or something like that. But that 4th quarter wasn't real football. Throwing up a bunch of garbage yards and points when your down multiple scores late in games is smoke mirrors. Blake Bortles threw for 34TDs a couple years back for a 4-5 win Jaguars team doing exactly that all season.

The frustrating thing is that this Bucs team is talented, and see that talent in flashes. There is just way too much inconsistent play and NOT taking advantage of opportunities.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:18 am

If the game would have just started at like around 6PM, we'd all be feeling pretty good today.
deltbucs

Postby pewterpirates » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:31 am

paco74 wrote:I almost didn't come into Buczone this morning for fear of the meltdowns and those who have been salivating to start their schticks again. While there was little to like about how this game started, I would like to say that any team in that situation could have easily laid down and given up. They could have been allowed to be blown out 50-60 to 3, but THIS TEAM DID NOT!. If there is anything to hang our hats on this morning is that this team strapped on their big boy panties, buckled up and knuckled up. There was ZERO QUIT. Long season, folks. This could be the spark that kicks off a long run of wins. You heard it hear first.

No. Others may feel different, but I'm done with moral victories (I know you didn't call it that). I've seen too many Bucs fans say "at least we didn't give up" ... "at least we made it interesting" ... "at least they made an effort" ...

NO! I'm done with that nonsense. We've lived off moral victories the past 15+ years. This team has too much talent to feel good about a 38-33 loss. Why would anyone watch that game and feel that it would provide a spark that kicks off a long run of wins??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The final score was not indicative of how badly we were beaten....by a Cardinals team whose only two wins were comebacks against the Colts and 49ers.
pewterpirates

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 am

This team currently sucks. Fitz is a superior passer to Winston.
DanTurksGhost

Postby UbuntuBuc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:50 am

DanTurksGhost wrote:This team currently sucks. Fitz is a superior passer to Winston.

And Fitz is so good he could not stay on the Bills or the Jets...
UbuntuBuc

Postby DanTurksGhost » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 am

UbuntuBuc wrote:
DanTurksGhost wrote:This team currently sucks. Fitz is a superior passer to Winston.

And Fitz is so good he could not stay on the Bills or the Jets...

Not a better QB, but CLEARLY a better passer.
DanTurksGhost

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:03 pm

pewterpirates wrote:

No. Others may feel different, but I'm done with moral victories (I know you didn't call it that). I've seen too many Bucs fans say "at least we didn't give up" ... "at least we made it interesting" ... "at least they made an effort" ...

NO! I'm done with that nonsense. We've lived off moral victories the past 15+ years. This team has too much talent to feel good about a 38-33 loss. Why would anyone watch that game and feel that it would provide a spark that kicks off a long run of wins??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The final score was not indicative of how badly we were beaten....by a Cardinals team whose only two wins were comebacks against the Colts and 49ers.

I'm in the same boat. We always make games interesting. Rarely do the Bucs get blown out. The comeback didn't surprise or comfort me. We've seen it before. I'm ready to be the team in control.
IchabodCrane84

Postby acaton » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:33 pm

I am looking forward to the draft.

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 am

I wasn't able to watch this game so I appreciate this thread more than usual. So what did McCoy do when he got mad?
Babeinbucland

Postby Caradoc » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:57 am

Babeinbucland wrote:I wasn't able to watch this game so I appreciate this thread more than usual. So what did McCoy do when he got mad?

He explained politics to women.
Caradoc

Postby Alpha » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 am

I found TJ Ward's comments intriguing.

Says a lot about the alleged "leadership" and professionalism of some players on this team.

With this shit-show behind us...I think you'll see the Bucs best effort against Buffalo.

I wouldn't want to be a Buc in practice this week.
Alpha

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 am

Alpha wrote:I found TJ Ward's comments intriguing.

Says a lot about the alleged "leadership" and professionalism of some players on this team.

With this shit-show behind us...I think you'll see the Bucs best effort against Buffalo.

What did Ward say?
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:50 am

Super K wrote:
Alpha wrote:I found TJ Ward's comments intriguing.

What did Ward say?

I'll find the exact quote/article later, but it was in regards to some of the younger guys on the team treating Saturday as a vacation day in Arizona instead of having a business trip type of mentality most teams have when on the road.

Don't know for sure, but I think Ward was referencing how some of the younger defenders used time off on Saturday to play tourist instead being focused on Sunday's game.
DreadNaught

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 am

You got her number nooooooooooooooo, tell me your lying...
mdb1958

Postby Super K » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:05 am

Thanks Dread...
Super K

Postby Rocker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 am

Caradoc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:I wasn't able to watch this game so I appreciate this thread more than usual. So what did McCoy do when he got mad?

He explained politics to women.

Bwahahahaha!
Rocker

Postby ComingThisFall » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football ... ls/2341188

"Safety T.J. Ward suggested after the game that some of the younger players couldn't handle coming to Phoenix on Friday.

"We're on a West Coast trip, we came a day early. Sometimes, we've got a young team. Guys think they're on vacation," Ward said. "We have to get more of a business mind-set. We're only here to do one thing and one thing only. We got a little ahead of ourselves coming out here and we didn't do our jobs today."
ComingThisFall

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:01 pm

ComingThisFall wrote:http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-defense-fails-to-put-up-a-fight-in-38-33-loss-to-cardinals/2341188

"Safety T.J. Ward suggested after the game that some of the younger players couldn't handle coming to Phoenix on Friday.

"We're on a West Coast trip, we came a day early. Sometimes, we've got a young team. Guys think they're on vacation," Ward said. "We have to get more of a business mind-set. We're only here to do one thing and one thing only. We got a little ahead of ourselves coming out here and we didn't do our jobs today."

I hope that they vets have them a ****ing earful, especially since they're about to head to Buffalo (also known as the "devil's frozen playground")
Deja Entendu

Postby pewterpirates » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

So TJ Ward wasn't vacationing the entire game while he was getting sucked up on play-action every single passing play?
pewterpirates

Postby ComingThisFall » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I agree Ward played bad, but his forte is getting after the running plays. I'm at a loss for what his problem was during AP's career resurgence in the 1st qtr
ComingThisFall

Next

Return to Team Discussions