QB Controversy

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: QB Controversy

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:The short pass to Sims for the TD is one Winston needs to learn because he seems to always over throw those

:lol:

When I mention alcohol...you say that's all I say.

Seriously???? I know you hate Winston but u have to admit this was a dumbass comment.
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby MJW » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:19 pm

sanka wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

True, but Winston has been horrible for awhile now


He has been injured too and he doesn't have a good coach.


Holy ****...from the same idiot who said Andrew Luck's wins shouldn't count because he plays in a weak division.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6627
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:21 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:
He has been injured too and he doesn't have a good coach.


Holy ****...from the same idiot who said Andrew Luck's wins shouldn't count because he plays in a weak division.


You have to admit that division is more better now...Jags defense might actually win the division. Watson, Mariota and Jags defense.... :mrgreen:

No more Pancake wins.
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby DanTurksGhost » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:The short pass to Sims for the TD is one Winston needs to learn because he seems to always over throw those


That was a well-designed and well-executed play. Which is good to see, because the goal-to-go offense has been lackluster this season.
User avatar
DanTurksGhost
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby MJW » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:31 pm

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:
Holy ****...from the same idiot who said Andrew Luck's wins shouldn't count because he plays in a weak division.


You have to admit that division is more better now...Jags defense might actually win the division. Watson, Mariota and Jags defense.... :mrgreen:

No more Pancake wins.


You really don't understand my point?
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6627
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 285 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:33 pm

DanTurksGhost wrote:
Doctor wrote:I think rest will do JW a lot of good. I think he got caught up in his own hype and it took him for a ride. He gets to reset here. See how it's the "take what the defense gives you" that gets you the W's. As others have pointed out, Winston has had open targets he's passed over all year long. If he really loves winning, love it more than the big play, he'll take this time to keep learning the offense that he's been abusing this year.


Hopefully he's paying attention. And hopefully he'll realize he holds the ball too long and needs to get it out quicker.


Yep. 2.8 seconds , league avg is 2.6
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:37 pm

tjax03 wrote:
Super K wrote:

Right? WTF were others watching...

17/34 for 183 (50% and a 5.5 ypa)

1td and 1pick



He converted 3rd downs. Kept drives alive and gave the defense rest.

Thats something we have not seen in a while


We got 3 of our 7 third down conversions due to defensive penalties.
Last edited by Ken Carson on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby sanka » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:12 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:
You have to admit that division is more better now...Jags defense might actually win the division. Watson, Mariota and Jags defense.... :mrgreen:

No more Pancake wins.


You really don't understand my point?

I did....
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
tjax03 wrote:

He converted 3rd downs. Kept drives alive and gave the defense rest.

Thats something we have not seen in a while


We got 3 of our 7 third down conversions due to defensive penalties.


Point being ?
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
We got 3 of our 7 third down conversions due to defensive penalties.


Point being ?


Fitzpatrick wasn't exceptionally great on third down. The Jets were horrible.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Jason Bourne » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
Point being ?


Fitzpatrick wasn't exceptionally great on third down. The Jets were horrible.


Right on
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby jmowday » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm

sanka wrote:
MJW wrote:
Holy ****...from the same idiot who said Andrew Luck's wins shouldn't count because he plays in a weak division.


You have to admit that division is more better now...Jags defense might actually win the division. Watson, Mariota and Jags defense.... :mrgreen:

No more Pancake wins.



I'm not surprised a Winston homer says more better. That's about the intelligence of that group.
jmowday
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:39 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm

I'm not happy with how Jameis played this year, but Fitzpatrick and the offense were completely lackluster today. A ton of three and outs and just a lack of rhythm. I understand there was no Evans, but there's no controversy. A healthy Jameis will always get the start over old man.
Miller4Prez64
 
Posts: 2855
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby tjax03 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
tjax03 wrote:

He converted 3rd downs. Kept drives alive and gave the defense rest.

Thats something we have not seen in a while


We got 3 of our 7 third down conversions due to defensive penalties.


Which means 4 were fitzmagic

Which was the majority which is over 50%.

Thats better than ive seen with winston all season
User avatar
tjax03
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:09 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Nano » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm

If you take away the penalty conversions, we were only 4-13 on 3rd down
User avatar
Nano
 
Posts: 6254
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm
Location: Somewhere above Tampa
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Nano wrote:If you take away the penalty conversions, we were only 4-13 on 3rd down


Remember who you're replying to
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 18210
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 393 times

Re: QB Controversy

Postby J-Stink » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Nano wrote:Winston will not get a 2nd contract in Tampa

TB front office is really dumb. They will pay him and then pay a huge price as he drags them to the bottom.

FitzMagik eatin' W's today.
User avatar
J-Stink
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:12 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: QB Controversy

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:17 am

It makes no sense to Compare Fitz to our number one overall QB, what does make sense is leading your team to victory. I do hope Winston does learn something from all this.

A good way to start is to quit all the rah rah and do what you got to do on the field, let your actions do the talking.
Eliminate the slow process of decision making.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Previous

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Caradoc, Cheb, ComingThisFall, DanTurksGhost, dcbucsfan, Deja Entendu, deltbucs, doooshnzl, Heidguy, Mountaineer Buc, PetePierson, real bucs fan, terrytate, Wesmon and 20 guests