Harry Douglas: Available.

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby Teitan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 am

The Falcons have cuts Douglas. That's good for two reasons; he always goes crazy against us and we could use WR depth. Wouldn't be a bad 3 or 4 option. Being familiar with Koetters offense and Koetter with him.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4085
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 212 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 am

Of all the guys getting released, this is one guy we should definitely take a look at.
Image

And so castles made of sand, melts into the sea eventually
User avatar
EastBayBucsFan
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:41 pm
Location: my shangri la beneath the summer moon
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby Barry Mike Hawkiner » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:58 pm

He's the kind of guy I tend to see on lots of teams but ours.. Relatively semi-known consistent veteran who breaks out occasionally for a 80-100 yard game.. Having said that, I'd rather go a different route
Barry Mike Hawkiner
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:23 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby NoAlibi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Barry Mike Hawkiner wrote:He's the kind of guy I tend to see on lots of teams but ours.. Relatively semi-known consistent veteran who breaks out occasionally for a 80-100 yard game.. Having said that, I'd rather go a different route
couldnt have said it better myself
Image
User avatar
NoAlibi
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:01 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby PetePierson » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:29 pm

PetePierson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Was just about post that..

Douglas makes alot of sense in FA. He comes from Dirk Koetter's offense and is an above average #3/slot WR. He was born in Tampa also, even though he moved away before to Georgia before HS. Not that it means much.

We need to address the slot WR spot and Douglas makes sense. One less need come the draft.


Really? Because the only team he consistently puts up stats against is the sorry ass Yucks.
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 am

The ex-Falcon we're likely to pursue is Justin Blalock. He'd be the answer at one guard spot.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2867
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby MJW » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 am

Ken Carson wrote:The ex-Falcon we're likely to pursue is Justin Blalock. He'd be the answer at one guard spot.


I was surprisesd they cut him, but he's a guy who came in with Mike Smith. Maybe it's a regime-change thing?

I wouldn't mind both of them. It's a good idea to have guys who understand the offense on the roster. We don't have anybody like Douglas right now, unless you want to count on Herron to develop. Murphy's more of a backup on the outside than a great inside option. Douglas makes a world of sense. As does any guard with a pulse (who won't cost $50 million dollars).
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8122
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 348 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 am

He has some games where he's just dominant. And he's shown to be a great depth receiver and steps in more than admirably in the absence of Jones or White. It would make almost too much sense to give him a look. He knows this system. He knows the rival. Let's make it happen.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 21693
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby PetePierson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 am

Bootz2004 wrote:He has some games where he's just dominant. And he's shown to be a great depth receiver and steps in more than admirably in the absence of Jones or White. It would make almost too much sense to give him a look. He knows this system. He knows the rival. Let's make it happen.


Again, besides the crappy Bucs D of the last few season; what has he done?
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby Flip » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:12 am

You'll have to wait a bit for him to do some research and come in acting like he's been following the dudes career. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a game by game breakdown of how many steps it takes him to walk to the bathroom.
Flip
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby PetePierson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:15 am

Flip wrote:You'll have to wait a bit for him to do some research and come in acting like he's been following the dudes career. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a game by game breakdown of how many steps it takes him to walk to the bathroom.


Come on, now. Bootz has game film of every player over the last 10 years as well as college tape. Bootz knows all. Just wait until he dazzles you with his theory that a porous OLine will not affect the INT machine that is his 'boy'.

It is magnificent.
User avatar
PetePierson
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm
Location: Yucks Fan in Kitty Country.
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby SIBucsFan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 am

I think he's a decent receiver, but he's 30 now and we could go a different route with more plans for the future. He's entering his 8th NFL season.


People do have a point to him making a career against Tampa Bay too. Of his 8 career receiving touchdowns, 4 of them are against the Bucs and 2 of those came during his top two career-games in terms of yardage.
User avatar
SIBucsFan
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 am
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby MJW » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:19 am

SIBucsFan wrote:I think he's a decent receiver, but he's 30 now and we could go a different route with more plans for the future. He's entering his 8th NFL season.


People do have a point to him making a career against Tampa Bay too. Of his 8 career receiving touchdowns, 4 of them are against the Bucs and 2 of those came during his top two career-games in terms of yardage.


You don't sign him with the idea he's going to be a star for you. You sign him because he knows Koetter's offense and has had some success in it, and because Koetter runs a lot of four wideout looks and he absolute "checks the box" for one of the two interior spots in the scheme. Now, if somebody wants to pay him to a 3 year, $15 mil contract, let them. But more likely he can be had for something like 1 year, $2-3 mil, and all things considered he's worth it to us. I love the idea of getting a guy who knows the scheme and fills an obvious need at a low price. That's a smart signing.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 8122
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 348 times

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby NightOwl » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Would be a nice slot WR for us.
User avatar
NightOwl
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:55 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times


post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], beardmcdoug, nhbucsfan, VauntedTampa2 and 13 guests