Harry Douglas: Available.

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby Teitan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 am

The Falcons have cuts Douglas. That's good for two reasons; he always goes crazy against us and we could use WR depth. Wouldn't be a bad 3 or 4 option. Being familiar with Koetters offense and Koetter with him.
Teitan

Re: Harry Douglas: Available.

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 am

Of all the guys getting released, this is one guy we should definitely take a look at.

And so castles made of sand, melts into the sea eventually
EastBayBucsFan

Postby Barry Mike Hawkiner » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:58 pm

He's the kind of guy I tend to see on lots of teams but ours.. Relatively semi-known consistent veteran who breaks out occasionally for a 80-100 yard game.. Having said that, I'd rather go a different route
Barry Mike Hawkiner

Postby NoAlibi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Barry Mike Hawkiner wrote:He's the kind of guy I tend to see on lots of teams but ours.. Relatively semi-known consistent veteran who breaks out occasionally for a 80-100 yard game.. Having said that, I'd rather go a different route
couldnt have said it better myself
NoAlibi

Postby PetePierson » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:29 pm

PetePierson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Was just about post that..

Douglas makes alot of sense in FA. He comes from Dirk Koetter's offense and is an above average #3/slot WR. He was born in Tampa also, even though he moved away before to Georgia before HS. Not that it means much.

We need to address the slot WR spot and Douglas makes sense. One less need come the draft.

Really? Because the only team he consistently puts up stats against is the sorry ass Yucks.
PetePierson

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 am

The ex-Falcon we're likely to pursue is Justin Blalock. He'd be the answer at one guard spot.
Ken Carson

Postby MJW » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 am

Ken Carson wrote:The ex-Falcon we're likely to pursue is Justin Blalock. He'd be the answer at one guard spot.

I was surprisesd they cut him, but he's a guy who came in with Mike Smith. Maybe it's a regime-change thing?

I wouldn't mind both of them. It's a good idea to have guys who understand the offense on the roster. We don't have anybody like Douglas right now, unless you want to count on Herron to develop. Murphy's more of a backup on the outside than a great inside option. Douglas makes a world of sense. As does any guard with a pulse (who won't cost $50 million dollars).
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 am

He has some games where he's just dominant. And he's shown to be a great depth receiver and steps in more than admirably in the absence of Jones or White. It would make almost too much sense to give him a look. He knows this system. He knows the rival. Let's make it happen.
Bootz2004

Postby PetePierson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 am

Bootz2004 wrote:He has some games where he's just dominant. And he's shown to be a great depth receiver and steps in more than admirably in the absence of Jones or White. It would make almost too much sense to give him a look. He knows this system. He knows the rival. Let's make it happen.

Again, besides the crappy Bucs D of the last few season; what has he done?
PetePierson

Postby Flip » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:12 am

You'll have to wait a bit for him to do some research and come in acting like he's been following the dudes career. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a game by game breakdown of how many steps it takes him to walk to the bathroom.
Flip

Postby PetePierson » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:15 am

Flip wrote:You'll have to wait a bit for him to do some research and come in acting like he's been following the dudes career. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a game by game breakdown of how many steps it takes him to walk to the bathroom.

Come on, now. Bootz has game film of every player over the last 10 years as well as college tape. Bootz knows all. Just wait until he dazzles you with his theory that a porous OLine will not affect the INT machine that is his 'boy'.

It is magnificent.
PetePierson

Postby SIBucsFan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 am

I think he's a decent receiver, but he's 30 now and we could go a different route with more plans for the future. He's entering his 8th NFL season.

People do have a point to him making a career against Tampa Bay too. Of his 8 career receiving touchdowns, 4 of them are against the Bucs and 2 of those came during his top two career-games in terms of yardage.
SIBucsFan

Postby MJW » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:19 am

SIBucsFan wrote:I think he's a decent receiver, but he's 30 now and we could go a different route with more plans for the future. He's entering his 8th NFL season.

People do have a point to him making a career against Tampa Bay too. Of his 8 career receiving touchdowns, 4 of them are against the Bucs and 2 of those came during his top two career-games in terms of yardage.

You don't sign him with the idea he's going to be a star for you. You sign him because he knows Koetter's offense and has had some success in it, and because Koetter runs a lot of four wideout looks and he absolute "checks the box" for one of the two interior spots in the scheme. Now, if somebody wants to pay him to a 3 year, $15 mil contract, let them. But more likely he can be had for something like 1 year, $2-3 mil, and all things considered he's worth it to us. I love the idea of getting a guy who knows the scheme and fills an obvious need at a low price. That's a smart signing.
MJW

Postby NightOwl » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:06 pm

Would be a nice slot WR for us.
NightOwl

Return to Team Discussions