2017 Sunday, Monday, Thursday & Saturday night game thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: 2017 Sunday, Monday, Thursday & Saturday night game thre

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 pm

Russell Shepard's not having a good game.

2 drops in the 1st quarter. Looking to tie Clayborn's sack total this week.
IchabodCrane84

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 am

The Panthers defense had zero sacks and only 1 QB hit on Cutler in 37 pass attempts.

Cutler could only pass for 213yds. That sucks.

Hopefully the Bucs D will travel for the first time in 2017.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:31 pm

This new view they are broadcasting tonights game is pretty awesome.
DreadNaught

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:51 pm

DreadNaught wrote:This new view they are broadcasting tonights game is pretty awesome.

Agreed
Phantom Phenom

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:14 pm

DreadNaught wrote:This new view they are broadcasting tonights game is pretty awesome.

I've been wanting this angle for years now, it's nice to see defensive alignment
Noles1724

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm not watching. What's the new view?
Deja Entendu

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:19 pm

It seems like the picture quality is better than usual.
uscbucsfan

Postby MJW » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:07 am

Brutal game for the Titans. Mariota did not look sharp against the Pittsburgh zone blitz. And they had no answer for Antonio Brown. If Ben plays like that down the stretch, you gotta think the Steelers are legit Superbowl contenders again.

BTW, who would have predicted that the 2016 quarterback class would be better at this point than the 2015 class? Weren't Goff and Wentz supposed to be weak options who were nowhere near as good as Winston and Mariota?
MJW

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 am

MJW wrote:Brutal game for the Titans. Mariota did not look sharp against the Pittsburgh zone blitz. And they had no answer for Antonio Brown. If Ben plays like that down the stretch, you gotta think the Steelers are legit Superbowl contenders again.

BTW, who would have predicted that the 2016 quarterback class would be better at this point than the 2015 class? Weren't Goff and Wentz supposed to be weak options who were nowhere near as good as Winston and Mariota?

None of the 4 have shown real consistency. Rule of thumb has been you can’t get an accurate picture for the 1st few years. I think that works both ways whether young QBs are performing poorly or well. Watching a few Eagles games Wentz seems to get lucky in terms of turnovers. Quite a few dropped INTs. His accuracy also escapes him at times inexplicably. He also doesn’t appear comfortable standing in the pocket and breaks it when he doesn’t have to. Goff benefits from an underrated supporting cast but he too has accuracy issues. He also, like Winston, throws some uncatchable passes guys have to adjust on which sometimes limits YAC. Right now Wentz and Goff are having better seasons but the book is far from written on any of them. Goff was so bad his rookie year, worse of the 4. He’s still having some of the same issues.
Bootz2004

Postby MJW » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:19 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
MJW wrote:Brutal game for the Titans. Mariota did not look sharp against the Pittsburgh zone blitz. And they had no answer for Antonio Brown. If Ben plays like that down the stretch, you gotta think the Steelers are legit Superbowl contenders again.

None of the 4 have shown real consistency. Rule of thumb has been you can’t get an accurate picture for the 1st few years. I think that works both ways whether young QBs are performing poorly or well. Watching a few Eagles games Wentz seems to get lucky in terms of turnovers. Quite a few dropped INTs. His accuracy also escapes him at times inexplicably. He also doesn’t appear comfortable standing in the pocket and breaks it when he doesn’t have to. Goff benefits from an underrated supporting cast but he too has accuracy issues. He also, like Winston, throws some uncatchable passes guys have to adjust on which sometimes limits YAC. Right now Wentz and Goff are having better seasons but the book is far from written on any of them. Goff was so bad his rookie year, worse of the 4. He’s still having some of the same issues.

Oh. Because I thought Wentz and Goff were playing better than Winston or Mariota. I feel silly now.
MJW

Postby Cheb » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 am

It should be noted that the Bucs and Titans earned the number one and two overall selections. They were the worst teams in the league. By contrast, the Rams and Eagles traded up to those spots.

One could surmise, given their better records, that the Rams and Eagles had better teams around their young quarterbacks, and were thus able to more easily facilitate a success rebuild, allowing those young quarterbacks to better succeed.

Now, this is an interesting prospect. The Rams and Eagles paid a fortune to get Goff and Wentz. In the long term, that lack of draft capital could hurt their overall talent levels, similar to when we gave up a fortune for Gruden. Good in the short term, but can hurt you in the long.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
Cheb

Postby MJW » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:10 am

Cheb wrote:

It should be noted that the Bucs and Titans earned the number one and two overall selections. They were the worst teams in the league. By contrast, the Rams and Eagles traded up to those spots.

One could surmise, given their better records, that the Rams and Eagles had better teams around their young quarterbacks, and were thus able to more easily facilitate a success rebuild, allowing those young quarterbacks to better succeed.

Now, this is an interesting prospect. The Rams and Eagles paid a fortune to get Goff and Wentz. In the long term, that lack of draft capital could hurt their overall talent levels, similar to when we gave up a fortune for Gruden. Good in the short term, but can hurt you in the long.

That's an interesting point, but it doesn't mitigate that both Wentz and Goff are playing at a significantly higher level right now than Winston or Mariota, and that's a scenario absolutely nobody predicted heading into the 2016 draft.

I also don't think the talent levels are radically different. Winston and Mariota DID take over the two worst teams in the league when they were drafted, but looking at the Titans roster right now, and our own, I don't think either 53 should be in awe of the Rams or Eagles. It's not like either the Titans or ourselves are the 2000 Browns or anything.
MJW

Postby Deuce » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am

MJW wrote:
Cheb wrote:

That's an interesting point, but it doesn't mitigate that both Wentz and Goff are playing at a significantly higher level right now than Winston or Mariota, and that's a scenario absolutely nobody predicted heading into the 2016 draft.

I also don't think the talent levels are radically different. Winston and Mariota DID take over the two worst teams in the league when they were drafted, but looking at the Titans roster right now, and our own, I don't think either 53 should be in awe of the Rams or Eagles. It's not like either the Titans or ourselves are the 2000 Browns or anything.

I don't want to take anything away from Goff but man, that offense is being run beautifully. It seems like every week you see a screen go for a TD or a guy running wide open downfield.

I haven't watched enough of the Eagles to say anything about Wentz.
Deuce

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 am

Deja Entendu wrote:I'm not watching. What's the new view?

It's called 'Skycam' and looks alot like the view you have with video games. They used it briefly during that Pats-Raiders game due to the fog but did it almost full time last night and it was great.

It's almost like watching A-22 game film live. Passing plays are great b/c you see the defense drop into coverage and see what the QB sees. It's really a birds eye view.
DreadNaught

Postby ComingThisFall » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:44 pm

They switched from sky cam back to the usual view when teams got into the redzone. Gotta say my favorite part of sky cam was seeing how Bell and AB escaped would be tacklers from that view.
ComingThisFall

Postby MJW » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:07 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:I'm not watching. What's the new view?

It's called 'Skycam' and looks alot like the view you have with video games. They used it briefly during that Pats-Raiders game due to the fog but did it almost full time last night and it was great.

It's almost like watching A-22 game film live. Passing plays are great b/c you see the defense drop into coverage and see what the QB sees. It's really a birds eye view.

I flippin' loved being able to see the defensive alignments.
MJW

Postby acmillis » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:39 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I flippin' loved being able to see the defensive alignments.

Only part I didn't like is you could not see all players. We were basically watching 9-on-9.
acmillis

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Been watching Clayborn this game. He's rushing the passer better than I've ever seen him do. Damn I wish we hadn't gotten rid of him. He's been in the backfield all night. I mean, he's literally a rich man's Ayers and younger at that.
The Outsider

Postby acmillis » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Anybody else 12:30 game not coming across in hd and have cracking audio?
acmillis

Postby Super K » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:50 pm

acmillis wrote:Anybody else 12:30 game not coming across in hd and have cracking audio?

The audio is horrible..

Can't hear **** and I have it coming out of my sound bar..
Super K

Postby Hit55 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Super K wrote:
acmillis wrote:Anybody else 12:30 game not coming across in hd and have cracking audio?

The audio is horrible..

Well that’s because you’re listening to Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.
Hit55

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Redskins/ Cowboys...

No one wants to score
Crocaneers

Postby Babeinbucland » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:49 pm

So hate the cows
Babeinbucland

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm

I was born and raised in Va. It's like a pastime
Crocaneers

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm

This offense really is not the same without Zeke.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:31 pm

real bucs fan wrote:This offense really is not the same without Zeke.

That offense is not the same without last year’s OL.
PrimeMinister

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Dak out with a hand.
Skins just keep giving the ball away and now a returned punt.

17-0 Dallas
Crocaneers

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:This offense really is not the same without Zeke.

Last I checked Tyron, Frederick, Martin, and Collins are still there... and Elliot had no problem leading the league in rushing behind them....

And look at Daks numbers pre and post Zeke suspension... give me a break...
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:07 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Last I checked Tyron, Frederick, Martin, and Collins are still there... and Elliot had no problem leading the league in rushing behind them....

And look at Daks numbers pre and post Zeke suspension... give me a break...

Last year: 5.1ypc 108ypg
This year: 4.1ypc 97ypg

This year’s OL combination isn’t last year’s Cowboys. The same great RB dropped a full YPC just by removing one lineman. That OL isn’t opening holes like they did last year.
PrimeMinister

Postby Babeinbucland » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Crocaneers wrote:I was born and raised in Va. It's like a pastime

Born there myself :) tidewater
Babeinbucland

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions