Questions about game rules and regs thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:41 pm

If a fair catch is called and the player who called the fair catch catches the ball and takes off running and is tackled - would the penalty be on the player who called the fair catch then ran, or would the player who tackled him be called for violating the fair catch called or would their be no penalty at all?
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Caradoc » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:45 pm

I believe you get a delay of game penalty.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4550
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Deja Entendu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Caradoc wrote:I believe you get a delay of game penalty.


Yep.
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks guys
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Four Verticals » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:If a fair catch is called and the player who called the fair catch catches the ball and takes off running and is tackled - would the penalty be on the player who called the fair catch then ran, or would the player who tackled him be called for violating the fair catch called or would their be no penalty at all?


Did this actually occur in a game or is it just a theoretical question? In a game what should happen is after the fair catch is called for, the returner catches the ball....the back judge should immediately blow his(or her) whistle. If that didn't happen then there very likely would be no penalty as there shouldn't.
Four Verticals
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Theoretical after watching quite a few fair catches today and wondering "what if" but I did finally find the rule:


Any undue advance by a fair catch receiver is delay of game. No specific distance is specified for undue advance as ball is dead at spot of catch. If player comes to a reasonable stop, no penalty. For penalty, five yards.
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:39 pm

so imagine for a moment that the call. On the field is that the offensive player’s catch is complete. However, upon review two things are discovered
1. The catch is actually an incomplete pass
2. Pass interference is seen on the defense upon review but it was not called on the field.
Can it now be called?
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:so imagine for a moment that the call. On the field is that the offensive player’s catch is complete. However, upon review two things are discovered
1. The catch is actually an incomplete pass
2. Pass interference is seen on the defense upon review but it was not called on the field.
Can it now be called?


Penalties that are judgement calls like holding or pass interference cannot be reviewed or determined as a result of a review. They must be called on the field. Penalties such as 12 men on the field, delay of game, etc. can be reviewed or determined from a review.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4966
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:25 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:so imagine for a moment that the call. On the field is that the offensive player’s catch is complete. However, upon review two things are discovered
1. The catch is actually an incomplete pass
2. Pass interference is seen on the defense upon review but it was not called on the field.
Can it now be called?


Penalties that are judgement calls like holding or pass interference cannot be reviewed or determined as a result of a review. They must be called on the field. Penalties such as 12 men on the field, delay of game, etc. can be reviewed or determined from a review.

Thank you!
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Questions about game rules and regs thread

Postby NYBF » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:32 am

I also do not know if you see something that was not the reason for the review that you can call it. I'm not 100% sure, though.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6099
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 504 times


post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bootz2004, deltbucs, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 35 guests