Dez Bryant incriminating video

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Dez Bryant incriminating video

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Corsair wrote:Image

Unsubstantiated, but part of the rumor.

Kress, can you shine light on possible legal ramifications.
PrimeMinister

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:51 pm

If memory serves you have 4 years to file charges against someone.

And pulling a gun is 10 years minimum... In Florida at least who knows where this occurred.
IchabodCrane84

Postby Corsair » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Not sure what the statue of limitations is.

Corsair

Postby feeltheheat » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 am

if this is as bad, as some people describe the content...after last years incidents, somebody has to buy the tape and make it public.
dont let somebody hide it.
Image 1st pick NFL Draft 2015: Jameis Winston
feeltheheat

Postby terrytate » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:57 am

Demarco Murray should buy the tape and release it so he can get the money they would have paid Dez.
terrytate

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:48 am

Per @rapsheet

I have learned via another open-records request that in mid-2011 there was an additional incident involving Bryant. A report filed by the Lancaster (Texas) Police Department described the response by an officer to "an unknown disturbance" in a Walmart parking lot during the early morning of July 11. Vehicles registered to Bryant were at the scene in the parking lot, and Bryant later arrived in another car, when he was spoken to by a Lancaster PD officer. Upon further investigation, "it was determined that there was no offense" and "all parties were advised they were free to go."

The Walmart pieces from Cosair's post and this article match. Also have an exact date of July 11th, 2011.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:54 am

If true (gun in someones mouth), I'd say the NFL can/will do whatever they want to Dez. Anything from a multiple game suspension & fine, to out right banishment could be on the table. Also, if true, there can and likely would be a formal police investigation with possible criminal charges filed against him. Short of murder, I'd think that gun rumor could be right up there as a worst case scenario.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:13 am

Buc2 wrote:If true (gun in someones mouth), I'd say the NFL can/will do whatever they want to Dez. Anything from a multiple game suspension & fine, to out right banishment could be on the table. Also, if true, there can and likely would be a formal police investigation with possible criminal charges filed against him. Short of murder, I'd think that gun rumor could be right up there as a worst case scenario.

True or not, I think the precedent that Goodell has set is that he can do whatever he wants regardless of the actual events that took place. If last season has proven anything, it's that he doesn't care about rules and regulations the league has outlined.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:29 am

NYBF wrote:
Buc2 wrote:If true (gun in someones mouth), I'd say the NFL can/will do whatever they want to Dez. Anything from a multiple game suspension & fine, to out right banishment could be on the table. Also, if true, there can and likely would be a formal police investigation with possible criminal charges filed against him. Short of murder, I'd think that gun rumor could be right up there as a worst case scenario.

True or not, I think the precedent that Goodell has set is that he can do whatever he wants regardless of the actual events that took place. If last season has proven anything, it's that he doesn't care about rules and regulations the league has outlined.

Not that it changes what is really on the video (whatever it may be) but this event occurred during the NFL lockout.

It's all speculation what the fall out will be IF the video is made public, but being that it was almost 4 years ago, the police were called and didn't charge/arrest anyone, and that it happened during the lockout all bode well for Dez.... for now.

I agree the NYBF in that Goodell and the NFL have show that there is no consistency regarding punishment. But regardless of what is on the video, if no criminal charges come of it I don't see anything more than a few game suspension at worst.

The NFL has stated that it would no rely on LE and due process to run it's course before taking action. But don't confuse that w/ them acting as their own LE agency where they punish someone who has not even been charged w/ a crime. So I believe their would have to be some type of criminal charges before the NFL would take serious action. Rice-Hardy-AP were ALL charged w/ crimes already and were awaiting their day in court. I think the NFL will still wait for LE to charge Dez w/a crime before they take action or else that is a very slippery slope.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 am

lachisbackisback wrote:
The Outsider wrote:I guarantee you that if it's that bad (involving a gun) the league will take plenty of action by suspending the **** out of him.

So you're telling me if Aaron Hernandez had killed that dude more than 3 years ago, he STILL wouldn't be playing football? Seems unreasonable.

Murder, sex crimes, and white collar crimes are the once that have a longer (or no) statute of limitations. I'm not a lawyer, but I would be interested to know what the limitation is for assualt w/ a deadly weapon (assuming that is what is on the video).

From the section of the TX code here is what I gathered:

No Statute of Limitations- Murder/manslaugther, sexual assault with DNA evidence, and leaving the scene of an accident that results in death

Ten Years- theft of any estate by an executor/administrator. Theft by a public servant of government property, Forgery. Injury to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual punishable as a felony of the first degree under Section 22.04, Penal Code; Sexual assault, unless there is DNA evidence or if the victim is under 18. Arson;

Seven Years
misapplication of fiduciary property or property of a financial institution;securing execution of document by deception; or certain Tax Code violations

Five Years
Theft, burglary, robbery; kidnapping; injury to a child, elderly individual, or disabled individual that is not punishable as a felony of the first degree under Section 22.04, Penal Code; abandoning or endangering a child; or insurance fraud;

Ten Years From the 18th Birthday of the victim
Indecency with a child, Sexual assault under Section 22.011(a)(2), Penal Code, or aggravated sexual assault under Section 22.021(a)(1)(B), Penal Code;

Three Years
All other felonies not already listed. This includes felony drug offenses.

DreadNaught

Postby Dutchman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:05 am

The league is full of thugs these days. The NFL is losing it's appeal.
Dutchman

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:29 am

Dutchman wrote:The league is full of thugs these days. The NFL is losing it's appeal.

You would think, but the evidence (TV ratings) doesn't support that opinion.
DreadNaught

Postby Dutchman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:33 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Dutchman wrote:The league is full of thugs these days. The NFL is losing it's appeal.

It's losing it's appeal with me. I don't like the league anywhere near as much as I used to.
Dutchman

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 am

The NFL has always been "full of thugs". Only difference is now the media doesn't look the other way.
Last edited by PrimeMinister on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrimeMinister

Postby lachisbackisback » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:56 am

DreadNaught wrote:Murder, sex crimes, and white collar crimes are the once that have a longer (or no) statute of limitations. I'm not a lawyer, but I would be interested to know what the limitation is for assualt w/ a deadly weapon (assuming that is what is on the video). ]

Three years for sticking a gun in a man's mouth and presumably threatening to kill him seems insanely low to me, but I guess I have to remember that we're talking about Texas here.

I could understand the low statute of limitations in regards to civil proceedings, but in a criminal context that seems batshit crazy to me.
lachisbackisback

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:03 pm

lachisbackisback wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Murder, sex crimes, and white collar crimes are the once that have a longer (or no) statute of limitations. I'm not a lawyer, but I would be interested to know what the limitation is for assualt w/ a deadly weapon (assuming that is what is on the video). ]

Three years for sticking a gun in a man's mouth and presumably threatening to kill him seems insanely low to me, but I guess I have to remember that we're talking about Texas here.

I could understand the low statute of limitations in regards to civil proceedings, but in a criminal context that seems batshit crazy to me.

What do you have against Texas (other than the Cowboys)?
PrimeMinister

Postby lachisbackisback » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:54 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:What do you have against Texas (other than the Cowboys)?

Nothing. I've heard great things about Austin, for instance. That was more an acknowledgement that I shouldn't assume that southern states that have a thriving gun culture have similar legal parameters to Canada.
lachisbackisback

Postby StillCSG » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Dutchman wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

It's losing it's appeal with me. I don't like the league anywhere near as much as I used to.

then take up knitting...
StillCSG

Postby Dutchman » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:40 pm

StillCSG wrote:
Dutchman wrote:

then take up knitting...

That may have worked for you, but I have no interest in things like that. I prefer golf.
Dutchman

Postby Kress » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:25 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Kress, can you shine light on possible legal ramifications.

Not without researching it, because limitations laws differ from state to state. I have no idea what Texas would be. He'd still be on the hook in Florida. But like NY said, for NFL purposes, that's pretty much a moot point. Goodell does whatever he wants.

Aside from the obvious, the shockwaves could be huge. Everyone assumes that the Cowboys can't keep both Dez and Demarco at their salaries. But if Dez is gone, then they keep Demarco, and that changes the whole dynamic with AP and Marshawn potentially shopping themselves.
Kress

Postby Heisenberg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:13 pm

The old police report is out there. He was dragging a female by her hair to a car it said. Don't remember what else it said
Heisenberg

Postby Corsair » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Yeah, I'm seeing no mention of the gun in the mouth rumor.

Never trust the internet, kids!
Corsair

Postby RedLeader » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Corsair wrote:Yeah, I'm seeing no mention of the gun in the mouth rumor.

Never trust the internet, kids!

Ha, I think that's the same guy working the draft room last year. Full of ****.

Although, frankly, forcefully dragging a chick by the hair will probably be seen as worse than sticking a gun in another guys mouth.
RedLeader

Postby Heisenberg » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 pm

And he alao beat his mom up in 2012? What scum
Heisenberg

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:15 am

This might clear things up.

DALLAS (Reuters) - Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was questioned by police at the scene of a 2011 incident in which a witness reported that Bryant's girlfriend was dragged by an unidentified man across a Texas Walmart parking lot, according to police documents.

The 2011 report released this week by police in the Dallas suburb of Lancaster said the officer who investigated the early-morning incident determined that no crime had been committed and let those at the scene go free without anyone being charged, including Bryant.

Neither Bryant or the Cowboys have commented on the report that was released as the National Football League has been rocked by a series of highly publicized domestic violence incidents among players including Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson.

In the 2011 incident in Texas, a Walmart security guard told police a person reported to him that a black man dragged Bryant's girlfriend Ilyne Nash from a white Mercedes, which was registered to Bryant, and across the parking lot.

The police report did not make clear whether or not Bryant was the man who dragged Nash.

The car was found empty, with a door ajar and a child's toy on the ground, the report said.

The officer who was sent to the scene at 6:08 a.m. following the incident talked to two men in a Cadillac Escalade, also registered to Bryant, the report said. They said they received a call from Nash to pick up the Mercedes, the report said.

The police report said that while the officer was investigating the incident a white Bentley carrying Bryant and Nash arrived in the parking lot, and Nash then told the officer she had gotten into an argument in the parking lot with a man other than Bryant.

There was no mention if there was a surveillance video of the incident.

Or not.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:20 am

So no video?
Bootz2004

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:43 am

Bootz2004 wrote:So no video?

Got me. I read that to mean there is no "official" video. In other words, none that was turned over to the Dallas police. I don't think that rules out private video from a persons cell phone.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 am

There is a video (allegedly) b/c multiple outlets have reported screen shots of the video have been shopped to the highest bidder. I believe certain media outlets have seen these screen shots which is why their is so much smoke/rumor about the existence of a video. The video is reportedly from a cell phone.

What is actually on the video is complete speculation at this point. It seems that the video (allegedly) shows Dez Bryant acting in an aggressive and likely criminal manner.

At least that is what I think based on reading the tea leaves.
DreadNaught

Postby Hit55 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:25 am

DreadNaught wrote:There is a video (allegedly) b/c multiple outlets have reported screen shots of the video have been shopped to the highest bidder. I believe certain media outlets have seen these screen shots which is why their is so much smoke/rumor about the existence of a video. The video is reportedly from a cell phone.

What is actually on the video is complete speculation at this point. It seems that the video (allegedly) shows Dez Bryant acting in an aggressive and likely criminal manner.

At least that is what I think based on reading the tea leaves.

I still don't believe it. If these outlets have seen the screen shots (not saying you're saying they do or don't), wouldn't it be safe to assume at least one of them would have come out and posted the pictures by now considering a video has not been released? Surely, someone would want to get the jump on that.
Hit55

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:36 am

Hit55 wrote:I still don't believe it. If these outlets have seen the screen shots (not saying you're saying they do or don't), wouldn't it be safe to assume at least one of them would have come out and posted the pictures by now considering a video has not been released? Surely, someone would want to get the jump on that.

I hear you, I don't know how much to believe right now since their is so much speculation out there. It's just the multiple outlets reporting on this, in addition to Dez's tweet make me think that their has to be some type of actual video. If not this has been an epic trolling of the national media.
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions