Seat Question

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Seat Question

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:16 pm

I decided to head to Tampa for the NE game. Tickets are outrageous, but I figure it is what it is. Well I got a call from the Bucs ticket office today offering a 5 game package (really four bc it includes a preseason game). I did the math and I think I can dump the other tickets and make out in the end, so anyway the question now is:

Section 143 (back of section) or 336 (middle of section).

I've sat in a few areas of the stadium (including 336 last year), but never 143.

I enjoyed the view from 336 and being midfield, but halfway up seems pretty far. Before the big boards being installed I probably wouldn't consider 143.

Any one have any insight they'd like to share??

Thanks.
Deja Entendu

Re: Seat Question

Postby deltbucs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:28 pm

I scalp tickets to just about every game I go to there and I've been to a lot. So I've sat everywhere in that place. The worst seats in the house are end zone, IMO. Those club level corner seats (143) are pretty "meh". As someone that would rather sit in the 300's than in the end zone in the lowers, I'd take 336 all day. It's a MUCH better view of the field.
deltbucs

Postby Teitan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:31 pm

deltbucs wrote:I scalp tickets to just about every game I go to there and I've been to a lot. So I've sat everywhere in that place. The worst seats in the house are end zone, IMO. Those club level corner seats (143) are pretty "meh". As someone that would rather sit in the 300's than in the end zone in the lowers, I'd take 336 all day. It's a MUCH better view of the field.

Basically this. I like the view up there.
Teitan

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Teitan wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I scalp tickets to just about every game I go to there and I've been to a lot. So I've sat everywhere in that place. The worst seats in the house are end zone, IMO. Those club level corner seats (143) are pretty "meh". As someone that would rather sit in the 300's than in the end zone in the lowers, I'd take 336 all day. It's a MUCH better view of the field.

Basically this. I like the view up there.

same, sat in 317 for about 5 years. loved the view. its roudier up there too
beardmcdoug

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks that's what I figured. Still open to hear from others.

With that though, how are the scalpers there? If don't gouge you, that's another option. I wasn't even going to bother going bc that's the only game that really worked for me schedule wise and prices are so high, but the flights down are so cheap I figured screw it.

I think I'm heading to New Orleans for the game there in Nov, too. Tampa with the old man and NO with my gf.
Deja Entendu

Postby deltbucs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 pm

One more suggestion would be to look at options on the other side (west side) up top. You get some shade instead of having the sun in your face beating down on you.
deltbucs

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:40 pm

deltbucs wrote:One more suggestion would be to look at options on the other side (west side) up top. You get some shade instead of having the sun in your face beating down on you.

It's a night game, so it wouldn't be a factor. Good advice though. I got fried at the Raiders game last year.

I'd be buying the package in order to off load the other games (maybe make one more trip down, but it'd be tough) and ultimately save $ on the tickets for the Pats game.
Deja Entendu

Postby NYBF » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:
deltbucs wrote:One more suggestion would be to look at options on the other side (west side) up top. You get some shade instead of having the sun in your face beating down on you.

It's a night game, so it wouldn't be a factor. Good advice though. I got fried at the Raiders game last year.

I'd be buying the package in order to off load the other games (maybe make one more trip down, but it'd be tough) and ultimately save $ on the tickets for the Pats game.

It could be a factor for the games you're trying to flip. I know my first time ever there I made the mistake of sitting that side (it actually may have been 336) and the view from there was great. But holy crap if I didn't almost die sweating out pure alcohol sitting in the sun for a 1p game. I vowed to never make that mistake again. Just something to think about.

Since 143 is on the same side (and there's no club access with those, right?), the sun might be a moot point. You're essentially looking at better view vs sitting near the pirate ship.
NYBF

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:17 pm

NYBF wrote:
Deja Entendu wrote:

It could be a factor for the games you're trying to flip. I know my first time ever there I made the mistake of sitting that side (it actually may have been 336) and the view from there was great. But holy crap if I didn't almost die sweating out pure alcohol sitting in the sun for a 1p game. I vowed to never make that mistake again. Just something to think about.

Since 143 is on the same side (and there's no club access with those, right?), the sun might be a moot point. You're essentially looking at better view vs sitting near the pirate ship.

Good point... and here I was only thinking of myself. I'll see what they have on the other side.

As for the question at hand, it's unanimous for 336, and my dad just voted for the same. Thanks, everyone for the input!

On a related note, if anyone is interested in the following games let me know. I don't want to use this as a marketplace, but would be happy to help out a fellow poster looking to catch a game (no fees are better for everyone).

8/26 - Browns (preseason)
9/17 - Bears
10/29 - Kitties
12/10 - Lions

The home opener vs the bears may be taken by a Bears fan friend of mine. Once I actually get the seats, I'll update.
Deja Entendu

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm

I was asking to buy tickets for the Jets Nov. 12th game, but it could be that any season ticket holders here plan to go to that game or want to try and sell them for a premium since I've had no offers to this point. At any rate, I'll hold off a bit longer, but at some point before the season opener, I'll just try my luck at an online ticket site. I know Delt suggested just looking for scalpers selling on game day, but I'd feel better having them in hand since I won't have the option of trying to go to another game.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Buc2 wrote:I was asking to buy tickets for the Jets Nov. 12th game, but it could be that any season ticket holders here plan to go to that game or want to try and sell them for a premium since I've had no offers to this point. At any rate, I'll hold off a bit longer, but at some point before the season opener, I'll just try my luck at an online ticket site. I know Delt suggested just looking for scalpers selling on game day, but I'd feel better having them in hand since I won't have the option of trying to go to another game.

The Jets game isn't part of the package, so I can't help you there.

That'll probably be a tough one (especially before the season starts) because of all of the snowbirds. You may be better off waiting until closer to the game, after the Jets fans actually see how terrible they are.
Deja Entendu

Postby ComingThisFall » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 pm

****. I prefer sitting on the 50 yard line up in the 300 section rather than anywhere else. I'm not a big fan of the field level view you get from the lower bowl.
ComingThisFall

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Only been able to go once (lived in KY for years) and went to New Orleans game to end season a few years ago. Sat in end zone, front row, under pirate ship.... Had a ball

We lost the game after Lovie pulled all the starters in 4th but won first pick in draft so it worked....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Super K » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:09 am

ComingThisFall wrote:****. I prefer sitting on the 50 yard line up in the 300 section rather than anywhere else. I'm not a big fan of the field level view you get from the lower bowl.

This..best seats in any stadium..high and in the middle...

EXCEPT Dallas...forgot about that monstrosity...can't believe folks pay out the ass to go there and watch the game on TV...
Super K

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 am

After reading a bunch of the answers on best places to sit in this thread, I finally bought tickets to the Jets game last night. Section 311, Row A, Seats 5-6. I think my daughter and I will really like those seats. My other choice was in the same section, row E, but the seats were 1-2 and my thought was that people walking up and down the aisle blocking our view would get annoying.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:28 am

Buc2 wrote:After reading a bunch of the answers on best places to sit in this thread, I finally bought tickets to the Jets game last night. Section 311, Row A, Seats 5-6. I think my daughter and I will really like those seats. My other choice was in the same section, row E, but the seats were 1-2 and my thought was that people walking up and down the aisle blocking our view would get annoying.

The problem with A, being in the front there is a rail that can block your view. More so kids probably.
Teitan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:36 am

Teitan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:After reading a bunch of the answers on best places to sit in this thread, I finally bought tickets to the Jets game last night. Section 311, Row A, Seats 5-6. I think my daughter and I will really like those seats. My other choice was in the same section, row E, but the seats were 1-2 and my thought was that people walking up and down the aisle blocking our view would get annoying.

The problem with A, being in the front there is a rail that can block your view. More so kids probably.

My daughter is a grown woman. I'm not worried about the rail height.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Return to Team Discussions