NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby MJW » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:23 am

I agree with the doofus. The NFLPA is hilariously underpowered compared to the Baseball And Basketball players' unions.

What the hell that has to do with CK being unsigned, I have no idea. If the CBA was stronger, a team would be forced to sign him I guess? :(
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:37 am

Ken Carson wrote:.
Kaep's actions were designed to bring attention to the repeated instances of police brutality against minorities. And honestly, I think people have been a lot more aware of the most recent incidents.

You use the phrase 'highly controversial' though, and I'd like you to explain what was highly controversial about it. It's my contention that someone who found his protest as highly controversial is being a safe space snowflake. Care to enlighten me as to why that would be an inaccurate assessment?
kaeps actions were the exact definition of controversial.

Edit - i see Teitan already hit on this.
Last edited by GameTime on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GameTime
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:38 am

sanka wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I think you are also downplaying how emotional both sides are about this. The largest target audience for the NFL is overwhelmingly against Kaep for kneeling during the anthem. That's a fact... Who cares why(meaning you just repeating they are snowflakes isn't changing that) ... It does make sense as a business owner to factor that in when signing a backup. Teams avoided Tebow because of the media attention, CK is 100x mkre polarizing and magnified that Tebow.


Bullshit...If the Owners/NFL worried about targeted audience then Michael Vick will never be the only player in NFL history to get two 100 million contracts ...and Colin didn't even come close to what Vick was convicted of and jailed for.

Vick is a good example, but time helped Vick. Most thought/bet no team would ever touch him again. I still think CK will eventually be on a team, but we will see.

There are rumors that CK has turned down some back up roles this offseason. I don't know if it is true, but Kaep should come on and make a statement. I think he's not to add gasoline on the fire.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:46 am

uscbucsfan wrote:.
There are rumors that CK has turned down some back up roles this offseason. I don't know if it is true, but Kaep should come on and make a statement. I think he's not to add gasoline on the fire.

Thats like saying kaep should have thought of a better way to protest social injustice than by kneeling during a time of honor and respect.
GameTime
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby MJW » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 am

GameTime wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:.
Kaep's actions were designed to bring attention to the repeated instances of police brutality against minorities. And honestly, I think people have been a lot more aware of the most recent incidents.

You use the phrase 'highly controversial' though, and I'd like you to explain what was highly controversial about it. It's my contention that someone who found his protest as highly controversial is being a safe space snowflake. Care to enlighten me as to why that would be an inaccurate assessment?
kaeps actions were the exact definition of controversial.

Edit - i see Teitan already hit on this.


One does not get to simply declare that something is or is not controversial in a vacuum. If it inspires controversy, it's controversial. Kap's actions were controversial. You can claim he didn't intend for them to be controversial...or that it's everyone else's fault they led to controversy, etc.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Location: Nebraska
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 286 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 am

uscbucsfan wrote:Ken,

I am not disagreeing with you. You are so angry about this. The owners are cowards, but they have that right. Are you going to protest watching games because of it? If not, move off your stance a bit. I get attcking those saying Kaep is awful, as they are denying ths bigger picture, but some here are agreeing with you on why he is unemployed. They are simply saying it's not a big deal and it's not illegal.

The Dolphins situation was a perfect storm. They lilely wouldn't have signed Kaep if he didn't ever kneel. Cutler knew their playbook in mid August and he was good under Gase. Add to that many Cubans hate Kaepernick and he was never going there.

Our own front office, the Jets, Ravens, and many more teams have been cowards, but owning a team gives you a right to choose your employees and logic or ration are not required.

I get why the Dolphins signed Cutler. It makes sense for them to go for a guy with offensive familiarity. But if you agree with me on why he isn't being signed and it doesn't bother you that the NFL demands toughness and sacrifice and physical pain and brain damage from its players and then turns around and shafts them on anything less than total conformity, I'm just a different type of person. Not better, but I see the world differently.

I can live with people who will admit that Kaepernick isn't working in the NFL right now because owners do not like his pro-black empowerment/anti-police brutality social stand. Full stop. He is good enough to play. None of his teammates or coaches will say he was a distraction even after he is gone. The 2-14 49ers sold out every game last season and had a full stadium all 8 games. None of the other reasons have a basis in fact. So I've been dispensing them repeatedly.

But what I wish those people would do is examine why they are OK with owners excluding Kaepernick based on those beliefs. Being the owner of the team should NOT give you immunity from criticism on your hiring practices. If a team owner refused to sign black players because they don't fit the image of his team, that should be held up to public scorn. If an owner refused to sign players who knelt after a touchdown to pray because he was an atheist, that would also be something worth holding his feet to the fire. In this case, owners disagree with a social issue stance. They'd prefer he help kids learn to read or feed the homeless, but because he feels compelled to act on issue that had a very public body count long before he took a knee, there is an issue.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:35 am

GameTime wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:.
Kaep's actions were designed to bring attention to the repeated instances of police brutality against minorities. And honestly, I think people have been a lot more aware of the most recent incidents.

You use the phrase 'highly controversial' though, and I'd like you to explain what was highly controversial about it. It's my contention that someone who found his protest as highly controversial is being a safe space snowflake. Care to enlighten me as to why that would be an inaccurate assessment?
kaeps actions were the exact definition of controversial.

Edit - i see Teitan already hit on this.

No one is arguing that it wasn't controversial. What neither Teitan nor you nor anyone else I can see in this thread has said is WHY it was controversial. I'm not sure what is so hard about my request.

A controversy requires two sides. On one side, you have a guy who wants the police to stop killing unarmed black people and raise awareness using his professional platform. On the other side of the controversy you have <your response goes here>.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Teitan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:37 am

If he's being black-balled can you explain why other players who also protested are still employed?
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:30 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Let's just say a Twinkie represents the amount of fucks people give about the average NFL player. Based on this morning's sample of Kaepernick fucks it would be a Twinkie...Three quarters of an inch long weighing approximately one half of a gram.



Nothing? Really?
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 8599
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Caradoc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:32 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Let's just say a Twinkie represents the amount of fucks people give about the average NFL player. Based on this morning's sample of Kaepernick fucks it would be a Twinkie...Three quarters of an inch long weighing approximately one half of a gram.



Nothing? Really?



Nice reference but poorly executed.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:33 am

Ken Carson wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Ken,

I am not disagreeing with you. You are so angry about this. The owners are cowards, but they have that right. Are you going to protest watching games because of it? If not, move off your stance a bit. I get attcking those saying Kaep is awful, as they are denying ths bigger picture, but some here are agreeing with you on why he is unemployed. They are simply saying it's not a big deal and it's not illegal.

The Dolphins situation was a perfect storm. They lilely wouldn't have signed Kaep if he didn't ever kneel. Cutler knew their playbook in mid August and he was good under Gase. Add to that many Cubans hate Kaepernick and he was never going there.

Our own front office, the Jets, Ravens, and many more teams have been cowards, but owning a team gives you a right to choose your employees and logic or ration are not required.

I get why the Dolphins signed Cutler. It makes sense for them to go for a guy with offensive familiarity. But if you agree with me on why he isn't being signed and it doesn't bother you that the NFL demands toughness and sacrifice and physical pain and brain damage from its players and then turns around and shafts them on anything less than total conformity, I'm just a different type of person. Not better, but I see the world differently.

I can live with people who will admit that Kaepernick isn't working in the NFL right now because owners do not like his pro-black empowerment/anti-police brutality social stand. Full stop. He is good enough to play. None of his teammates or coaches will say he was a distraction even after he is gone. The 2-14 49ers sold out every game last season and had a full stadium all 8 games. None of the other reasons have a basis in fact. So I've been dispensing them repeatedly.

But what I wish those people would do is examine why they are OK with owners excluding Kaepernick based on those beliefs. Being the owner of the team should NOT give you immunity from criticism on your hiring practices. If a team owner refused to sign black players because they don't fit the image of his team, that should be held up to public scorn. If an owner refused to sign players who knelt after a touchdown to pray because he was an atheist, that would also be something worth holding his feet to the fire. In this case, owners disagree with a social issue stance. They'd prefer he help kids learn to read or feed the homeless, but because he feels compelled to act on issue that had a very public body count long before he took a knee, there is an issue.


I'm fine with the backlash they receive, although mostly people are protesting at the league office/big NFL, which is misplaced. My point that I was leaning hard against is for the progression of "owners should sign him" to "someone needs to step in and make an owner sign him", which is not ok. Your perceived anger and the progression of your argument led me to believe that was where you were going. When people argue for the owners it's not necessarily stating they support the owners agenda, just the owners right to do so. I am just as in favor of people protesting as I am the owners being able to make this choice.

We've talked about this issue in the police brutality thread, police violence against African Americans is a divisive topic. Many who see these protest take it to be an attack on all police officers, the flag, the military, which I think we can agree is ignorant. There are also ignorant individuals on the other side who do hate all police, the country, the flag, and the military. Every year the progression of social media highlights and creates more division in our society on many topics. Many owners want to avoid something so polarizing and it does make sense because look at the anger and vitriol on this very message board, a microcosm of the United States. We have many members who legitimately hate Kaepernick because he knelt during the national anthem. They feel like he's anti-american, anti-police, ignorant...and to a point, he's been a little ignorant to the perception of him. Logically comparing police to slave patrol, allowing his gf to say the ravens owner is a racist and Ray Lewis is an Uncle Tom, and the Castro shirt are pretty big missteps, but it can be argued they are only highlighted as missteps because people hate how he protested...and many hate the reason for his protest.

edit: and for people requesting this moved to the politics forum, it's absolutely an NFL and Tampa Bay discussion as we chose to sign Fitzpatrick over CK.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Tampa2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 am

If anyone on this board believes that Kaep could have played for the Dolphins then they have lost their minds. During his protests last year, Kaep told the whole world how much he admired Fidel Castro. Do you understand how that plays out in South Florida? Castro is the Anti-Christ in their minds. He would have been lynched by the mob
Tampa2
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:41 am

Caradoc wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Nothing? Really?



Nice reference but poorly executed.

Your face is poorly executed!
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 8599
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am

This situation has many variables as to why it's happening so speaking about any one variable in vacuum as to why Kaep is not signed is not being intellectually honest imo. As I stated in another thread part of is that Kaep made the decision to bring his activism onto the field when he decided to kneel for the anthem, thus his actions put his own priorities over those of his employer. I agree that what he's done has been positive in terms of the awareness he strived for, and every reasonable person agrees that police brutality is bad in addition that Kaep has the right to protest. But it's also fair to criticize some of Kaep methods especially in regards to his social media comments and deciding his personal activism trumps taking 90 seconds to honor our nation. Hence why it is controversial.

There is absolutely a measurable effect of Kaep's protest when you look at the polling/feedback from fans on the issue and the ratings dip.

- I believe Kaep got the desired outcome from an activist standpoint.
- I believe he's a good enough football player to be on an NFL roster.
- I believe his decision/actions have had a negative effect on his employers business in terms of support and viewership.
- I believe Kaep brings off field distractions with him to whatever team he's on (ala Tebow) that the rest of the organization and fan base would be forced to deal with.
- I believe that despite the circus that comes with him that an NFL team would sign him in a second if they believed he would get them to the playoffs or be the long term answer for them as a franchise QB (ala the Eagles w/ Vick). But he's not that QB. Both his commitment to football AND his ability to be a starting QB was being questioned before he ever decided to kneel last season and at this point he's a bandaid QB that at best can go .500 if he's on team with a great defense and offense catered to his skillset (as was the case with the 49ers).
- He's NOT a starting QB for any team that is serious about winning games, he's in the Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick category of QBs. So I don't blame/fault owners or GMs for not signing a polarizing back-up QB whose on-field value doesn't warrant the off-field risk with fans and partners/sponsors of the league.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9298
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Doctor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 am

sanka wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I think you are also downplaying how emotional both sides are about this. The largest target audience for the NFL is overwhelmingly against Kaep for kneeling during the anthem. That's a fact... Who cares why(meaning you just repeating they are snowflakes isn't changing that) ... It does make sense as a business owner to factor that in when signing a backup. Teams avoided Tebow because of the media attention, CK is 100x mkre polarizing and magnified that Tebow.


Bullshit...If the Owners/NFL worried about targeted audience then Michael Vick will never be the only player in NFL history to get two 100 million contracts ...and Colin didn't even come close to what Vick was convicted of and jailed for.

Or close to Vicks talent and number of fans he brought into the stadium so.....
Image
User avatar
Doctor
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Location: Out of the Office. Will return next Fall.
Has thanked: 181 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 am

Kaep is on NFL roster it looks like...

Image

/thread
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9298
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 am

DreadNaught wrote:This situation has many variables as to why it's happening so speaking about any one variable in vacuum as to why Kaep is not signed is not being intellectually honest imo. As I stated in another thread part of is that Kaep made the decision to bring his activism onto the field when he decided to kneel for the anthem, thus his actions put his own priorities over those of his employer. I agree that what he's done has been positive in terms of the awareness he strived for, and every reasonable person agrees that police brutality is bad in addition that Kaep has the right to protest. But it's also fair to criticize some of Kaep methods especially in regards to his social media comments and deciding his personal activism trumps taking 90 seconds to honor our nation. Hence why it is controversial.

There is absolutely a measurable effect of Kaep's protest when you look at the polling/feedback from fans on the issue and the ratings dip.

- I believe Kaep got the desired outcome from an activist standpoint.
- I believe he's a good enough football player to be on an NFL roster.
- I believe his decision/actions have had a negative effect on his employers business in terms of support and viewership.
- I believe Kaep brings off field distractions with him to whatever team he's on (ala Tebow) that the rest of the organization and fan base would be forced to deal with.
- I believe that despite the circus that comes with him that an NFL team would sign him in a second if they believed he would get them to the playoffs or be the long term answer for them as a franchise QB (ala the Eagles w/ Vick). But he's not that QB. Both his commitment to football AND his ability to be a starting QB was being questioned before he ever decided to kneel last season and at this point he's a bandaid QB that at best can go .500 if he's on team with a great defense and offense catered to his skillset (as was the case with the 49ers).
- He's NOT a starting QB for any team that is serious about winning games, he's in the Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick category of QBs. So I don't blame/fault owners or GMs for not signing a polarizing back-up QB whose on-field value doesn't warrant the off-field risk with fans and partners/sponsors of the league.

I saw that headline about how Kaepernick lowered ratings. It was ridiculously positioned. 12% of people said they watched less football last year than previous years. 27% said they watched MORE and 62% said the same. Of that 12% of people, 26% said the reason was anthem protests. 24% said domestic violence. So basically the same number of people (3% of those surveyed) said the protests caused them to watch less as people who stopped because of domestic abuse.

So 3% of people surveyed said they stopped watching because of protests. 27% said they watched more football than last year. And remember, the 49ers sold it and had a full house 8/8 games last year while going 2-14. Can we put this excuse to bed?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:26 am

Tampa2 wrote:He would have been lynched by the mob

Intentional?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2442
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Tampa2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Tampa2 wrote:He would have been lynched by the mob

Intentional?

Naturally
Tampa2
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:17 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:36 am

Ken Carson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:This situation has many variables as to why it's happening so speaking about any one variable in vacuum as to why Kaep is not signed is not being intellectually honest imo. As I stated in another thread part of is that Kaep made the decision to bring his activism onto the field when he decided to kneel for the anthem, thus his actions put his own priorities over those of his employer. I agree that what he's done has been positive in terms of the awareness he strived for, and every reasonable person agrees that police brutality is bad in addition that Kaep has the right to protest. But it's also fair to criticize some of Kaep methods especially in regards to his social media comments and deciding his personal activism trumps taking 90 seconds to honor our nation. Hence why it is controversial.

There is absolutely a measurable effect of Kaep's protest when you look at the polling/feedback from fans on the issue and the ratings dip.

- I believe Kaep got the desired outcome from an activist standpoint.
- I believe he's a good enough football player to be on an NFL roster.
- I believe his decision/actions have had a negative effect on his employers business in terms of support and viewership.
- I believe Kaep brings off field distractions with him to whatever team he's on (ala Tebow) that the rest of the organization and fan base would be forced to deal with.
- I believe that despite the circus that comes with him that an NFL team would sign him in a second if they believed he would get them to the playoffs or be the long term answer for them as a franchise QB (ala the Eagles w/ Vick). But he's not that QB. Both his commitment to football AND his ability to be a starting QB was being questioned before he ever decided to kneel last season and at this point he's a bandaid QB that at best can go .500 if he's on team with a great defense and offense catered to his skillset (as was the case with the 49ers).
- He's NOT a starting QB for any team that is serious about winning games, he's in the Josh McCown, Ryan Fitzpatrick category of QBs. So I don't blame/fault owners or GMs for not signing a polarizing back-up QB whose on-field value doesn't warrant the off-field risk with fans and partners/sponsors of the league.

I saw that headline about how Kaepernick lowered ratings. It was ridiculously positioned. 12% of people said they watched less football last year than previous years. 27% said they watched MORE and 62% said the same. Of that 12% of people, 26% said the reason was anthem protests. 24% said domestic violence. So basically the same number of people (3% of those surveyed) said the protests caused them to watch less as people who stopped because of domestic abuse.

So 3% of people surveyed said they stopped watching because of protests. 27% said they watched more football than last year. And remember, the 49ers sold it and had a full house 8/8 games last year while going 2-14. Can we put this excuse to bed?


Kaep is polarizing which drives away more fans than it attracts. The leftists and SJW who rally behind extreme organizations like BLM are not the target NFL demographic, meanwhile there is portion of the target demographic that doesn't like activism on their football Sunday. I don't know why you struggle to accept that even if you disagree.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 9298
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Bucs N Beers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 am

Anyone remember what happened when the 49ers played the Bears last year? In case you forgot:

Colin Kaepernick went 1-5 for 4 yards, 5 sacks and a fumble. He was pulled from the game in the 4th quarter.

Doesn't say anything about his entire season as a whole. And it was really bad weather that day. But that may be the worst statline you'll ever see for a guy that played almost the whole game and didn't leave injured.
User avatar
Bucs N Beers
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:33 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 am

Bucs N Beers wrote:Anyone remember what happened when the 49ers played the Bears last year? In case you forgot:

Colin Kaepernick went 1-5 for 4 yards, 5 sacks and a fumble. He was pulled from the game in the 4th quarter.

Doesn't say anything about his entire season as a whole. And it was really bad weather that day. But that may be the worst statline you'll ever see for a guy that played almost the whole game and didn't leave injured.


5 sacks says more about the Oline than it does the QB.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 18265
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:54 am

Ken Carson wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
You sound a bit triggered yourself, bud. Lol.

Why the **** do give a **** about this guy? So many prospects that don't get a fair shake for <insert reason here>.

You're basically crying for a millionaire who made his own bed. **** him.

Move on.

I'm calling out hypocrisy, Chief. My posting history should speak for itself when it comes to my motivations for doing that.

I'm not denying people were offended by Kaepernick's kneeling. But I think those people are weak-minded and soft. I'm not saying that's Kaepernick is a great QB. But he is good enough to be at least a backup, and in several places compete for a starting job. I'm not saying owners have to sign him. But if the men who demand toughness from their players to take a needle and play through pain don't have the intestinal fortitude to sign a guy who has a social conscience that some snowflakes might complain about in social media, then they are to leadership like Donald Trump is to responsible Twitter usage.

Tell you what... Go buy yourself an NFL team and hire the ****er. :roll:
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7585
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 717 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Bucs N Beers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:59 am

Bootz2004 wrote:
Bucs N Beers wrote:Anyone remember what happened when the 49ers played the Bears last year? In case you forgot:

Colin Kaepernick went 1-5 for 4 yards, 5 sacks and a fumble. He was pulled from the game in the 4th quarter.

Doesn't say anything about his entire season as a whole. And it was really bad weather that day. But that may be the worst statline you'll ever see for a guy that played almost the whole game and didn't leave injured.


5 sacks says more about the Oline than it does the QB.


I get your point, but that's not always the case. QB could be holding the ball too long. Here's the highlights from that game. Maybe a little bit of both sides. 49ers were pretty talent depleted, OL/WR/QB/Everywhere. Probably plenty of blame to go around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi4_tlDHtTo
User avatar
Bucs N Beers
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:33 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Deuce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:28 am

Bucs N Beers wrote:Anyone remember what happened when the 49ers played the Bears last year? In case you forgot:

Colin Kaepernick went 1-5 for 4 yards, 5 sacks and a fumble. He was pulled from the game in the 4th quarter.

Doesn't say anything about his entire season as a whole. And it was really bad weather that day. But that may be the worst statline you'll ever see for a guy that played almost the whole game and didn't leave injured.


I'll never forget. I'm in a 2 QB fantasy league and QBs get scarce quick when a couple of injuries pop up. While ugly, Kaepernick had posted decent stats the few weeks leading up to that, so I started him at my 2nd QB spot (other option was Sam Bradford). He posts that stinker and I get negative points from him.

I drop him and the next week he puts up 296 yards, 3 TDs and 113 rushing yards against Miami. :banghead:
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:41 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:.
You use the phrase 'highly controversial' though, and I'd like you to explain what was highly controversial about it.

No one is arguing that it wasn't controversial.
GameTime
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:44 am

Ken Carson wrote:What neither Teitan nor you nor anyone else I can see in this thread has said is WHY it was controversial. I'm not sure what is so hard about my request.

A controversy requires two sides. On one side, you have a guy who wants the police to stop killing unarmed black people and raise awareness using his professional platform. On the other side of the controversy you have <your response goes here>.

This is a joke, right? It was highly controversial because of HOW he choose to raise awareness. It would not have been highly controversial had he had a conversation with the owner, asked him to match his own donation, and had a press conference to announce the givings.
GameTime
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 am

CK should be on a roster, no doubt about it. Though I think it's only a matter of time. Cutler made more sense for the Dolphins. Fitz made more sense for the Bucs. Just needs a team to get desperate. Heck, the Cowboys would be wise to add him Kellen Moore is absolute dogshit. And a lefty. Kap can be a dangerous backup.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 542 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:52 am

real bucs fan wrote:CK should be on a roster, no doubt about it.

I think there is serious doubt about it. Can he sit in the pocket and read a defense? Is he a guy that can run the same offense as the starter? Can he get the rest of the offense the practice reps they need? Is he a guy that leads teammates? Is he a guy that can sit in meetings and make the starter better?

He can run when a play breaks down. Hes got a big arm. But he also showcased when he was with one of the top football coaches around. Is he good enough to be worth the circus? Im not sure any fan is dialed in enough to know the real answer.
GameTime
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:55 am

GameTime wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:CK should be on a roster, no doubt about it.

I think there is serious doubt about it. Can he sit in the pocket and read a defense? Is he a guy that can run the same offense as the starter? Can he get the rest of the offense the practice reps they need? Is he a guy that leads teammates? Is he a guy that can sit in meetings and make the starter better?

He can run when a play breaks down. Hes got a big arm. But he also showcased when he was with one of the top football coaches around. Is he good enough to be worth the circus? Im not sure any fan is dialed in enough to know the real answer.

Have you seen how terrible the backups are league wide? Kap would be one of the better backups in the league. Locker rooms would embrace him with open arms. Coaches would love to have him as an emergency fill in who can also run specialty packages.

The only reason he's not on a roster right now is due to politics. Period.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 542 times
Been thanked: 83 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Deja Entendu, Mex-Buc, Stephenip12, terrytate, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests

cron