NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby sanka » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:51 pm

They are letting these owners run them...why can't they boycott until C-kap is signed?

This is why NBA and basebore players are raking in money like crazy and the NFL keeps lagging behind ...

You play with the risk of getting CTE and partially guaranteed salaries. ....but u kneel down against police brutality and you can't get a job?

Players revolt is what caused Sterling to lose the Clippers...
sanka

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:53 pm

sanka wrote:They are letting these owners run them...why can't they boycott until C-kap is signed?

This is why NBA and basebore players are raking in money like crazy and the NFL keeps lagging behind ...

You play with the risk of getting CTE and partially guaranteed salaries. ....but u kneel down against police brutality and you can't get a job?

because nobody gives a **** about colin kaepernick
beardmcdoug

Postby sanka » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:58 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
sanka wrote:They are letting these owners run them...why can't they boycott until C-kap is signed?

because nobody gives a **** about colin kaepernick

It is not that...it's because they are too soft...
sanka

Postby Teitan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Where's the boycotts for Tebow or Manziel?
Teitan

Postby sanka » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Teitan wrote:Where's the boycotts for Tebow or Manziel?

Have they led a team to a SB before ?
sanka

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:51 pm

sanka wrote:

Trent Dilfer led a team to a Super Bowl, and actually won. So what is your point?

He's 3-16 in his last 19 starts and will be 30 years old this year so he's a marginal player. Ignoring his actions the past year I do think he is a good enough player to get on an NFL roster, but decisions have consequences. It seems some of you are having an issue with the concept of personal accountability.

Also, the NFL doesn't sign players, the individual franchises do. Goodell is a puppet for the owners to shield the them and run the administration of the league.

Lastly LMAO at players boycotting and missing/risking millions so for Kaep. I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue if he was signed to their respective team. But not everyone agrees with is his methods or politics even if they all support his right to do so, just as I do. They sure as **** are not going to galvanize together so some team will sign Kaep to be a back up QB. GTFOH..
DreadNaught

Postby Teitan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:54 pm

sanka wrote:

So you're a Harbaugh fan?
Teitan

Postby sanka » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:20 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
sanka wrote:Have they led a team to a SB before ?

Trent Dilfer led a team to a Super Bowl, and actually won. So what is your point?

He's 3-16 in his last 19 starts and will be 30 years old this year so he's a marginal player. Ignoring his actions the past year I do think he is a good enough player to get on an NFL roster, but decisions have consequences. It seems some of you are having an issue with the concept of personal accountability.

Also, the NFL doesn't sign players, the individual franchises do. Goodell is a puppet for the owners to shield the them and run the administration of the league.

Lastly LMAO at players boycotting and missing/risking millions so for Kaep. I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue if he was signed to their respective team. But not everyone agrees with is his methods or politics even if they all support his right to do so, just as I do. They sure as **** are not going to galvanize together so some team will sign Kaep to be a back up QB. GTFOH..

You mean the Ravens defense won the SB...let me ask you this..what exactly did Kap do wrong? You can't tell me he committed a crime or said anything close to what your President have said..yet you still voted for the moron ...now he is yelling at North Korea now that his approval is tanking like a Schizophrenic client out of medication.

What is Fitzpatrick or Cutler's records ...the 49ers are a bad team....you don't even take that into consideration...he is 30...not 40 ..so he should be on a team....if NFL players had balls they will stand for one of their players ...that is why they are soft ..
sanka

Postby The Outsider » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:24 pm

sanka wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Trent Dilfer led a team to a Super Bowl, and actually won. So what is your point?

You mean the Ravens defense won the SB...let me ask you this..what exactly did Kap do wrong? You can't tell me he committed a crime or said anything close to what your President have said..yet you still voted for the moron ...now he is yelling at North Korea now that his approval is tanking like a Schizophrenic client out of medication.

What is Fitzpatrick or Cutler's records ...the 49ers are a bad team....you don't even take that into consideration...he is 30...not 40 ..so he should be on a team....if NFL players had balls they will stand for one of their players ...that is why they are soft ..

Kaepernick, like many mobile QBs with questionable passing ability in NFL history, had one good season before the league figured him out and exposed him for probably less than mediocre. He'd be a serviceable backup, but who wants a backup that causes drama?
The Outsider

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 pm

The Outsider wrote:
sanka wrote:

Kaepernick, like many mobile QBs with questionable passing ability in NFL history, had one good season before the league figured him out and exposed him for probably less than mediocre. He'd be a serviceable backup, but who wants a backup that causes drama?

Let's be real, if someone thinks Kaepernick causes drama, that person is a ****ing snowflake. If you need America to be a safe space where someone can't peacefully protest by kneeling or wearing socks, you should really stop being a little bitch.
Ken Carson

Postby Teitan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Let's be real, if someone thinks Kaepernick causes drama, that person is a ****ing snowflake. If you need America to be a safe space where someone can't peacefully protest by kneeling or wearing socks, you should really stop being a little bitch.

You seem a little sensitive. It's a simple fact that Kaepernicks actions created a national story that was highly controversial. There was more talk on football shows about this idiot on his knee than actual football. Some owners probably don't want that attention. Especially from a back up QB.

I don't blame them. I don't give a **** about Colin Kaepernkick, his employment status, or any 'snowflake' feelings from people who think he's entitled to a ****ing job. I'm not sure why anyone cares. There are countless NFL hopefuls without a job. Where is their protests?
Teitan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Let's just say a Twinkie represents the amount of fucks people give about the average NFL player. Based on this morning's sample of Kaepernick fucks it would be a Twinkie...Three quarters of an inch long weighing approximately one half of a gram.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Teitan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Let's be real, if someone thinks Kaepernick causes drama, that person is a ****ing snowflake. If you need America to be a safe space where someone can't peacefully protest by kneeling or wearing socks, you should really stop being a little bitch.

You seem a little sensitive. It's a simple fact that Kaepernicks actions created a national story that was highly controversial. There was more talk on football shows about this idiot on his knee than actual football. Some owners probably don't want that attention. Especially from a back up QB.

I'm not sensitive, but thanks for caring.

Kaep's actions were designed to bring attention to the repeated instances of police brutality against minorities. And honestly, I think people have been a lot more aware of the most recent incidents.

You use the phrase 'highly controversial' though, and I'd like you to explain what was highly controversial about it. It's my contention that someone who found his protest as highly controversial is being a safe space snowflake. Care to enlighten me as to why that would be an inaccurate assessment?
Ken Carson

Postby terrytate » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 pm

sanka wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Trent Dilfer led a team to a Super Bowl, and actually won. So what is your point?

What did Kaep do wrong? He's a football player who is bad at football. If you recall, the narrative on Kaep before this flag business came up was not if, but when the 49'rs cut him. His actions during toward the flag and during the anthem generated significant backlash. He isn't anywhere near good enough at being a QB to overcome the drama he brings. Plus, he still thinks he is a starter and has reportedly balked and being a backup and taking backup pay.

Lastly, he is unemployed because he quit his job. If you remember, he was under contract with the 49'rs and HE opted out.

So, in short, Colin Kaepernick is unemployed because of Colin Kaepernick.
terrytate

Postby Teitan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Teitan wrote:

I'm not sensitive, but thanks for caring.

Kaep's actions were designed to bring attention to the repeated instances of police brutality against minorities. And honestly, I think people have been a lot more aware of the most recent incidents.

You use the phrase 'highly controversial' though, and I'd like you to explain what was highly controversial about it. It's my contention that someone who found his protest as highly controversial is being a safe space snowflake. Care to enlighten me as to why that would be an inaccurate assessment?

It has nothing to do with personal opinion. Take your SJW blinders off for a second and open your eyes. It WAS controversial. To the point it became a national story, beyond the NFL. A large contingent of people supported him. A large contingent were offended, and very outspoken about it. There were countless debates and arguments about it. People hated him for it, people loved him for it. It was, by definition, controversial.
Teitan

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Teitan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I'm not sensitive, but thanks for caring.

It has nothing to do with personal opinion. Take your SJW blinders off for a second and open your eyes. It WAS controversial. To the point it became a national story, beyond the NFL. A large contingent of people supported him. A large contingent were offended, and very outspoken about it. There were countless debates and arguments about it. People hated him for it, people loved him for it. It was, by definition, controversial.

Explain the part about why people hated him for it.
Ken Carson

Postby sanka » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Teitan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Let's be real, if someone thinks Kaepernick causes drama, that person is a ****ing snowflake. If you need America to be a safe space where someone can't peacefully protest by kneeling or wearing socks, you should really stop being a little bitch.

I don't blame them. I don't give a **** about Colin Kaepernkick, his employment status, or any 'snowflake' feelings from people who think he's entitled to a ****ing job. I'm not sure why anyone cares. There are countless NFL hopefuls without a job. Where is their protests?

What exactly did Kap do wrong?
sanka

Postby Teitan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Teitan wrote:

Explain the part about why people hated him for it.

It's not my responsibility to interpret for you why people hated him for it. You can read any discussion about it If you want to understand why someone hated him for it.

That's not what we are discussing here. My point was that for a back up/low end starter caliber player, an owner probably doesn't see his controversy as a worthy risk in signing him.
Teitan

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Teitan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Explain the part about why people hated him for it.

It's not my responsibility to interpret for you why people hated him for it. You can read any discussion about it If you want to understand why someone hated him for it.

That's not what we are discussing here. My point was that for a back up/low end starter caliber player, an owner probably doesn't see his controversy as a worthy risk in signing him.

I have read discussion on it. And after reading discussion on it, my conclusion is that people who are mad about the kneeling are triggered snowflakes who want the NFL to be a safe space. You've yet to try to change my mind.
Ken Carson

Postby Alpha » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:00 pm

sanka wrote:Players revolt is what caused Sterling to lose the Clippers...

Wrong.

Good trolling thread though...
Alpha

Postby Teitan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Teitan wrote:

I have read discussion on it. And after reading discussion on it, my conclusion is that people who are mad about the kneeling are triggered snowflakes who want the NFL to be a safe space. You've yet to try to change my mind.

I'm not trying to change your mind. We are arguing two different points here. Are you that dense? I don't care about Kaep's intentions, I don't really care what people's feelings were on either side, and, I don't care what you think of people who were offended. I am saying that, for his caliber of play, the CONTROVERSY surrounding him is probably not worth it for some owners.

Are you still denying that it was controversial?

Maybe you are the "little bitch, snowflake" you keep describing. Where we all live in a safe space world where actions don't have consequences and people are entitled to certain jobs. No matter what Kaep's intentions were, his actions were met with consequences. In this case, an NFL owner doesn't feel he's worth the risk of having Colin's personal activism overshadow his businesses brand.
Teitan

Postby RedLeader » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Teitan wrote:

You sound a bit triggered yourself, bud. Lol.

Why the **** do give a **** about this guy? So many prospects that don't get a fair shake for <insert reason here>.

You're basically crying for a millionaire who made his own bed. **** him.

Move on.
RedLeader

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 pm

RedLeader wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I have read discussion on it. And after reading discussion on it, my conclusion is that people who are mad about the kneeling are triggered snowflakes who want the NFL to be a safe space. You've yet to try to change my mind.

You sound a bit triggered yourself, bud. Lol.

Why the **** do give a **** about this guy? So many prospects that don't get a fair shake for <insert reason here>.

You're basically crying for a millionaire who made his own bed. **** him.

Move on.

I'm calling out hypocrisy, Chief. My posting history should speak for itself when it comes to my motivations for doing that.

I'm not denying people were offended by Kaepernick's kneeling. But I think those people are weak-minded and soft. I'm not saying that's Kaepernick is a great QB. But he is good enough to be at least a backup, and in several places compete for a starting job. I'm not saying owners have to sign him. But if the men who demand toughness from their players to take a needle and play through pain don't have the intestinal fortitude to sign a guy who has a social conscience that some snowflakes might complain about in social media, then they are to leadership like Donald Trump is to responsible Twitter usage.
Ken Carson

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Teitan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I have read discussion on it. And after reading discussion on it, my conclusion is that people who are mad about the kneeling are triggered snowflakes who want the NFL to be a safe space. You've yet to try to change my mind.

I'm not trying to change your mind. We are arguing two different points here. Are you that dense? I don't care about Kaep's intentions, I don't really care what people's feelings were on either side, and, I don't care what you think of people who were offended. I am saying that, for his caliber of play, the CONTROVERSY surrounding him is probably not worth it for some owners.

Are you still denying that it was controversial?

Maybe you are the "little bitch, snowflake" you keep describing. Where we all live in a safe space world where actions don't have consequences and people are entitled to certain jobs. No matter what Kaep's intentions were, his actions were met with consequences. In this case, an NFL owner doesn't feel he's worth the risk of having Colin's personal activism overshadow his businesses brand.

I think where we diverge here: 'no matter what Kaep's intentions were, his actions were met with consequences.' It should matter what his intentions/actions were when discussing the consequences. If his actions were criminal, he would have one set of consequences. If his actions were not criminal, but caused some real harm, he would have another set of consequences. If his actions led to positive outcomes, he should have yet another set of consequences.

In this case, we know his protest led to a tangible $3 million in charitable donations ($2 million of his own, another $1 million posted by the 49ers who partnered with him). It potentially led to more awareness of the issue of police treatment of minorities (can't be quantified, but highly likely). It also led to people getting mad about his disrespect of the flag (again, hard to measure- can't put it in terms of money, damage or reputation loss by his team).

So where does that leave us? We can quantify some of the plus column, but some things in both columns are impossible to measure. However, you'd have to say that, since no one can reasonably claim that Kaepernick's protest hurt them (except ironically Colin himself), the action had a more positive impact than negative. That being the case, his reward of being blackballed is an injustice. And why I think it's worth talking about.
Ken Carson

Postby RedLeader » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Sorry dude. Cry me a river.

Somehow, young healthy millionaire with hundreds of thousands of followers doesn't necessarily ring as an injustice in my book...

You should put those efforts to better use, is all I'm saying.

Next you're going to tell us how hard Justin Bieber has it. Lol.
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Ken,

I am not disagreeing with you. You are so angry about this. The owners are cowards, but they have that right. Are you going to protest watching games because of it? If not, move off your stance a bit. I get attcking those saying Kaep is awful, as they are denying ths bigger picture, but some here are agreeing with you on why he is unemployed. They are simply saying it's not a big deal and it's not illegal.

The Dolphins situation was a perfect storm. They lilely wouldn't have signed Kaep if he didn't ever kneel. Cutler knew their playbook in mid August and he was good under Gase. Add to that many Cubans hate Kaepernick and he was never going there.

Our own front office, the Jets, Ravens, and many more teams have been cowards, but owning a team gives you a right to choose your employees and logic or ration are not required.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 pm

I think you are also downplaying how emotional both sides are about this. The largest target audience for the NFL is overwhelmingly against Kaep for kneeling during the anthem. That's a fact... Who cares why(meaning you just repeating they are snowflakes isn't changing that) ... It does make sense as a business owner to factor that in when signing a backup. Teams avoided Tebow because of the media attention, CK is 100x mkre polarizing and magnified that Tebow.
uscbucsfan

Postby sanka » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:45 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:I think you are also downplaying how emotional both sides are about this. The largest target audience for the NFL is overwhelmingly against Kaep for kneeling during the anthem. That's a fact... Who cares why(meaning you just repeating they are snowflakes isn't changing that) ... It does make sense as a business owner to factor that in when signing a backup. Teams avoided Tebow because of the media attention, CK is 100x mkre polarizing and magnified that Tebow.

Bullshit...If the Owners/NFL worried about targeted audience then Michael Vick will never be the only player in NFL history to get two 100 million contracts ...and Colin didn't even come close to what Vick was convicted of and jailed for.
sanka

Postby Caradoc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 am

This ish belongs in the politics forum.
Caradoc

Postby terrytate » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 am

sanka wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I think you are also downplaying how emotional both sides are about this. The largest target audience for the NFL is overwhelmingly against Kaep for kneeling during the anthem. That's a fact... Who cares why(meaning you just repeating they are snowflakes isn't changing that) ... It does make sense as a business owner to factor that in when signing a backup. Teams avoided Tebow because of the media attention, CK is 100x mkre polarizing and magnified that Tebow.

Bullshit...If the Owners/NFL worried about targeted audience then Michael Vick will never be the only player in NFL history to get two 100 million contracts ...and Colin didn't even come close to what Vick was convicted of and jailed for.

That's because Micheal Vick could actually play. He wasn't a one year wonder on a team with an elite D and RB.

I said it earlier in the thread but no one seems to want to acknowledge it. Kaep is not a good QB. He was likely about to get cut in Frisco before all of this kneeling nonsense. If you are bad AND the center of a PR shitstorm, you are going find it tough to get a job. Plus, he HAD a job under the new coach and opted out. No sympathy here, none.
terrytate

Next

Return to Team Discussions