NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
post

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby sanka » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I believe he is referencing the amount of slavery happening in the land of the free in 1814.


I know. He disgusts me all the same.


Also pointing out the hypocrisy of democracy.
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 pm

sanka wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
I know. He disgusts me all the same.


Also pointing out the hypocrisy of democracy.


Could you be more specific?
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:14 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
GameTime wrote:

Would you rather he did it during the game? Lol

Pretty sure that would be a loss of a down and some yardage

Id take him more seriously. But id still think it was a dumb way to protest.
GameTime
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
GameTime wrote: To you, patriotism might not mean a thing. To others, it might be pretty important. He chose his protest over patriotism imo.

Finally, we get there!!

Patriotism means more than the flag and the anthem. It's the FREEDOM those things represent. That's the whole point of protesting during the anthem. You're so myopically fixated on the small act of kneeling during the anthem that you missed that.

Jeez, that's all you wanted to hear? Of course he has the freedom to do it, no one ever said he didn't. I definitely didn't miss it.

But its still a dumb way to protest imo. Instead of gaining maximum coverage to his "cause", he sidetracked it with a completely different controversy. (Or debate).
GameTime
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:53 pm

GameTime wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Finally, we get there!!

Patriotism means more than the flag and the anthem. It's the FREEDOM those things represent. That's the whole point of protesting during the anthem. You're so myopically fixated on the small act of kneeling during the anthem that you missed that.

Jeez, that's all you wanted to hear? Of course he has the freedom to do it, no one ever said he didn't. I definitely didn't miss it.

But its still a dumb way to protest imo. Instead of gaining maximum coverage to his "cause", he sidetracked it with a completely different controversy. (Or debate).

WHOOSH
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:49 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
GameTime wrote:

Would you rather he did it during the game? Lol

Pretty sure that would be a loss of a down and some yardage



I don't think the 2nd/3rd string player kneeling on the sideline is a penalty.
User avatar
PanteraCanes
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:51 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Would you rather he did it during the game? Lol

Pretty sure that would be a loss of a down and some yardage



I don't think the 2nd/3rd string player kneeling on the sideline is a penalty.

And that would accomplish what?
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Pirate Life » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:24 pm

I did not have a problem with Kaepernick's protests during the Anthem for the most part (the piggie socks was just low class IMO, better ways to get your PoV across than that childish mess), he's perfectly able to express his opinions just like every other US citizen. I have no problem with the people who agreed or disagreed with his stance, their opinions are their own and not mine. I think he could have chosen a better way to express his beliefs/concerns than kneeling during the Anthem but hey, it's what he chose.

I've also got no problem with teams, owners and fans not wanting him on their teams for the stand he chose to make. It's their right to do so in the US, just as it's his right to protest. To me, you can't be for one and against the other regardless of the side you are on and no one is a 'coward' for taking one side or the other in this. Your mileage may vary of course.

Of course, he's done himself no favors with the way he played over the last year or so before his decision to kneel during the Anthem.
Pirate Life
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:30 pm

sanka wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
I know. He disgusts me all the same.


Also pointing out the hypocrisy of democracy.

lol. You could always move to Cuba or Venezuela where you could live out your communist/socialist utopia you seem to crave so much.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Pirate Life wrote:I've also got no problem with teams, owners and fans not wanting him on their teams for the stand he chose to make. It's their right to do so in the US, just as it's his right to protest. To me, you can't be for one and against the other regardless of the side you are on and no one is a 'coward' for taking one side or the other in this. Your mileage may vary.


There is a difference between acknowledging someone has a right to do something and having no problem with it. Do you also not having a problem with owners of apartment buildings never processing the application of minority applicants? After all, it could hurt their business or make their current tenants uncomfortable. Or a law firm never hiring a female lawyer? Don't want to bring the circus of periods and the distraction of a set of boobs plus equal footing as a partner. They can always say it's for this reason or for that, but excluding a qualified person because of something other than his or her ability to do the job is small and weak and gutless.

Ask yourself, if Kaepernick's controversy was domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, or assault, do you think he would be unsigned? I don't. And that is downright stupid.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:26 pm

GameTime wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Finally, we get there!!

Patriotism means more than the flag and the anthem. It's the FREEDOM those things represent. That's the whole point of protesting during the anthem. You're so myopically fixated on the small act of kneeling during the anthem that you missed that.

Jeez, that's all you wanted to hear? Of course he has the freedom to do it, no one ever said he didn't. I definitely didn't miss it.

But its still a dumb way to protest imo. Instead of gaining maximum coverage to his "cause", he sidetracked it with a completely different controversy. (Or debate).

I'll break it down for you. Him using his political freedom to protest is more patriotic than you standing passively for the playing of the national anthem.

Men didn't fight and die for freedom so that we could stand silently during the playing of the anthem before a billion dollar corporate entity plays a game for our entertainment. They died so that when there was injustice here and abroad, people can exercise their freedoms and right those injustices.

It's fine if you want no distractions during your football. But don't hide behind respect for the flag or the anthem.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby RedLeader » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
GameTime wrote:Jeez, that's all you wanted to hear? Of course he has the freedom to do it, no one ever said he didn't. I definitely didn't miss it.

But its still a dumb way to protest imo. Instead of gaining maximum coverage to his "cause", he sidetracked it with a completely different controversy. (Or debate).

I'll break it down for you. Him using his political freedom to protest is more patriotic than you standing passively for the playing of the national anthem.

Men didn't fight and die for freedom so that we could stand silently during the playing of the anthem before a billion dollar corporate entity plays a game for our entertainment. They died so that when there was injustice here and abroad, people can exercise their freedoms and right those injustices.

It's fine if you want no distractions during your football. But don't hide behind respect for the flag or the anthem.


Lol. Is this where we start the slow-clap?
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby The Outsider » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 pm

RedLeader wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I'll break it down for you. Him using his political freedom to protest is more patriotic than you standing passively for the playing of the national anthem.

Men didn't fight and die for freedom so that we could stand silently during the playing of the anthem before a billion dollar corporate entity plays a game for our entertainment. They died so that when there was injustice here and abroad, people can exercise their freedoms and right those injustices.

It's fine if you want no distractions during your football. But don't hide behind respect for the flag or the anthem.


Lol. Is this where we start the slow-clap?


I'm sure he hears it in his mind.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 2317
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Teitan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Image
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Pirate Life » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Pirate Life wrote:I've also got no problem with teams, owners and fans not wanting him on their teams for the stand he chose to make. It's their right to do so in the US, just as it's his right to protest. To me, you can't be for one and against the other regardless of the side you are on and no one is a 'coward' for taking one side or the other in this. Your mileage may vary.


There is a difference between acknowledging someone has a right to do something and having no problem with it. Do you also not having a problem with owners of apartment buildings never processing the application of minority applicants? After all, it could hurt their business or make their current tenants uncomfortable. Or a law firm never hiring a female lawyer? Don't want to bring the circus of periods and the distraction of a set of boobs plus equal footing as a partner. They can always say it's for this reason or for that, but excluding a qualified person because of something other than his or her ability to do the job is small and weak and gutless.

Ask yourself, if Kaepernick's controversy was domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, or assault, do you think he would be unsigned? I don't. And that is downright stupid.


Sorry, but your examples aren't remotely connected to the situation Kaepernick is in. Let's cover your minority applicants example first.

If the NFL owners were never bringing in minority players for workouts or drafting them on their teams, then this example might hold weight. Kaepernick is an individual, and the issue isn't his race. It's his ability to play the game along with his political stance. Let's face it, if he could seriously help a team, he'd be on a team now. After all, he has worked out for some teams during the off season after his release that passed on signing him (Seahawks for example). Blanket denying a group of people an opportunity is wrong, full stop. Kaepernick isn't a group, he's a public figure and decided to use his public position to espouse a cause. Unfortunately for him, it's a controversial one and working a job that puts you in front of the public in the fashion of an NFL athlete means your public character is part of your job application.

Onto the second example of the female lawyer... Kaepernick isn't out of a job because of his sexual orientation (see Michael Sam) or because he's a different sex than the rest of the players. In the case of Kaepernick, his qualifications to do the job are very subjective. I think we can all agree he's really not a great QB and some have made valid arguments that he's not even a good QB. Since his one above average season that ended in a SuperBowl appearance, he's been pretty mediocre overall. Some good games, but mostly not good and when you play the position that's considered to be the most important in the game these days, that doesn't bode well in the era of "What have you done for me lately?" we are in with the NFL - especially when he needs a specialized offense to be effective. His best shot was signing on with Seattle and they passed on him.

Is it possible he would have more try outs if he hadn't taken his political stance? Sure, most likely he would have had more teams kick the tires. However, as a public figure in a position that is usually 'the face of the franchise', his actions both on the field and off the field are going to be part and parcel of the thought process of bringing him on the team. Or have we all forgotten the debate on Winston being the #1 draft pick?

Finally, in your examples the group/individuals are being blocked not for what they did but for what they are... at worst in Kaepernick's case he's being 'blackballed' for his actions, not the color of his skin, his sex or his religious affiliation.

So, in your examples, no I would not be ok with it as they are different circumstances to what Kaepernick is going through.
Pirate Life
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:51 pm

Pirate Life wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
There is a difference between acknowledging someone has a right to do something and having no problem with it. Do you also not having a problem with owners of apartment buildings never processing the application of minority applicants? After all, it could hurt their business or make their current tenants uncomfortable. Or a law firm never hiring a female lawyer? Don't want to bring the circus of periods and the distraction of a set of boobs plus equal footing as a partner. They can always say it's for this reason or for that, but excluding a qualified person because of something other than his or her ability to do the job is small and weak and gutless.

Ask yourself, if Kaepernick's controversy was domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, or assault, do you think he would be unsigned? I don't. And that is downright stupid.


Sorry, but your examples aren't remotely connected to the situation Kaepernick is in. Let's cover your minority applicants example first.

If the NFL owners were never bringing in minority players for workouts or drafting them on their teams, then this example might hold weight. Kaepernick is an individual, and the issue isn't his race. It's his ability to play the game along with his political stance. Let's face it, if he could seriously help a team, he'd be on a team now. After all, he has worked out for some teams during the off season after his release that passed on signing him (Seahawks for example). Blanket denying a group of people an opportunity is wrong, full stop. Kaepernick isn't a group, he's a public figure and decided to use his public position to espouse a cause. Unfortunately for him, it's a controversial one and working a job that puts you in front of the public in the fashion of an NFL athlete means your public character is part of your job application.

Onto the second example of the female lawyer... Kaepernick isn't out of a job because of his sexual orientation (see Michael Sam) or because he's a different sex than the rest of the players. In the case of Kaepernick, his qualifications to do the job are very subjective. I think we can all agree he's really not a great QB and some have made valid arguments that he's not even a good QB. Since his one above average season that ended in a SuperBowl appearance, he's been pretty mediocre overall. Some good games, but mostly not good and when you play the position that's considered to be the most important in the game these days, that doesn't bode well in the era of "What have you done for me lately?" we are in with the NFL - especially when he needs a specialized offense to be effective. His best shot was signing on with Seattle and they passed on him.

Is it possible he would have more try outs if he hadn't taken his political stance? Sure, most likely he would have had more teams kick the tires. However, as a public figure in a position that is usually 'the face of the franchise', his actions both on the field and off the field are going to be part and parcel of the thought process of bringing him on the team. Or have we all forgotten the debate on Winston being the #1 draft pick?

Finally, in your examples the group/individuals are being blocked not for what they did but for what they are... at worst in Kaepernick's case he's being 'blackballed' for his actions, not the color of his skin, his sex or his religious affiliation.

So, in your examples, no I would not be ok with it as they are different circumstances to what Kaepernick is going through.

I haven't heard great arguments for why he is worse than a large majority of QBs currently on teams. If you have, please post them. But if you still think he is just bad, you should read Cian Fahey's write up on him. He makes a very clear case for why Kaepernick is a fringe top-20 QB using data and film breakdown. If you have data that runs contrary, please post it. I've only seen people rely on a screenshot from a December game in Chicago in freezing rain and referencing how bad the 49ers were after losing Harbaugh and every elite player on their roster to injury/retirement.

Until someone can definitively make a strong case for him sucking to the point the group think around here seems to believe, I'll not be changing my opinion of why he isn't signed.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby GameTime » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 am

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-r ... ridgewater

Here's an article from the renowned Cain fahey that says kaep can't manage a pocket with pressure and read coverage.
GameTime
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Pirate Life » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Pirate Life wrote:
Sorry, but your examples aren't remotely connected to the situation Kaepernick is in. Let's cover your minority applicants example first.

If the NFL owners were never bringing in minority players for workouts or drafting them on their teams, then this example might hold weight. Kaepernick is an individual, and the issue isn't his race. It's his ability to play the game along with his political stance. Let's face it, if he could seriously help a team, he'd be on a team now. After all, he has worked out for some teams during the off season after his release that passed on signing him (Seahawks for example). Blanket denying a group of people an opportunity is wrong, full stop. Kaepernick isn't a group, he's a public figure and decided to use his public position to espouse a cause. Unfortunately for him, it's a controversial one and working a job that puts you in front of the public in the fashion of an NFL athlete means your public character is part of your job application.

Onto the second example of the female lawyer... Kaepernick isn't out of a job because of his sexual orientation (see Michael Sam) or because he's a different sex than the rest of the players. In the case of Kaepernick, his qualifications to do the job are very subjective. I think we can all agree he's really not a great QB and some have made valid arguments that he's not even a good QB. Since his one above average season that ended in a SuperBowl appearance, he's been pretty mediocre overall. Some good games, but mostly not good and when you play the position that's considered to be the most important in the game these days, that doesn't bode well in the era of "What have you done for me lately?" we are in with the NFL - especially when he needs a specialized offense to be effective. His best shot was signing on with Seattle and they passed on him.

Is it possible he would have more try outs if he hadn't taken his political stance? Sure, most likely he would have had more teams kick the tires. However, as a public figure in a position that is usually 'the face of the franchise', his actions both on the field and off the field are going to be part and parcel of the thought process of bringing him on the team. Or have we all forgotten the debate on Winston being the #1 draft pick?

Finally, in your examples the group/individuals are being blocked not for what they did but for what they are... at worst in Kaepernick's case he's being 'blackballed' for his actions, not the color of his skin, his sex or his religious affiliation.

So, in your examples, no I would not be ok with it as they are different circumstances to what Kaepernick is going through.

I haven't heard great arguments for why he is worse than a large majority of QBs currently on teams. If you have, please post them. But if you still think he is just bad, you should read Cian Fahey's write up on him. He makes a very clear case for why Kaepernick is a fringe top-20 QB using data and film breakdown. If you have data that runs contrary, please post it. I've only seen people rely on a screenshot from a December game in Chicago in freezing rain and referencing how bad the 49ers were after losing Harbaugh and every elite player on their roster to injury/retirement.

Until someone can definitively make a strong case for him sucking to the point the group think around here seems to believe, I'll not be changing my opinion of why he isn't signed.


I read it. This line in it on Kaepernick is ridiculous and invalidates his entire argument: "Kaepernick is 29 years old, fully healthy and coming off his best season." Take a look at these and tell me that Kaepernick is a top 20 QB 'coming off of his best season' with a straight face (yes, some are in regards to 2015 but they are the same faults he had in 2016 also):

http://www.knbr.com/2015/11/03/how-coli ... t-his-job/

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/15/nfl- ... arterbacks (watch the video especially)

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/cosell- ... ing-ghosts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700 ... in-the-nfl

Sure, he makes good throws now and then but there's a dozen or so other NFL QBs out on the street with him that do the same thing. Kaepernick does have a low interception rate, but that's really about the only consistant thing he has going for him as a QB. If he had not done the protest thing and he wasn't on a team, no one would really be making the argument and relying upon questionable statistics (interceptible pass rate, seriously?) he should be on an NFL team now.
Pirate Life
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Super K » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:16 am

Pirate Life wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I haven't heard great arguments for why he is worse than a large majority of QBs currently on teams. If you have, please post them. But if you still think he is just bad, you should read Cian Fahey's write up on him. He makes a very clear case for why Kaepernick is a fringe top-20 QB using data and film breakdown. If you have data that runs contrary, please post it. I've only seen people rely on a screenshot from a December game in Chicago in freezing rain and referencing how bad the 49ers were after losing Harbaugh and every elite player on their roster to injury/retirement.

Until someone can definitively make a strong case for him sucking to the point the group think around here seems to believe, I'll not be changing my opinion of why he isn't signed.


If he had not done the protest thing and he wasn't on a team, no one would really be making the argument and relying upon questionable statistics (interceptible pass rate, seriously?) he should be on an NFL team now.


Winner winner chicken dinner..
Super K
 
Posts: 4704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:08 pm

GameTime wrote:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-colin-kaepernick-and-teddy-bridgewater

Here's an article from the renowned Cain fahey that says kaep can't manage a pocket with pressure and read coverage.

From 2014...
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 am

Pirate Life wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I haven't heard great arguments for why he is worse than a large majority of QBs currently on teams. If you have, please post them. But if you still think he is just bad, you should read Cian Fahey's write up on him. He makes a very clear case for why Kaepernick is a fringe top-20 QB using data and film breakdown. If you have data that runs contrary, please post it. I've only seen people rely on a screenshot from a December game in Chicago in freezing rain and referencing how bad the 49ers were after losing Harbaugh and every elite player on their roster to injury/retirement.

Until someone can definitively make a strong case for him sucking to the point the group think around here seems to believe, I'll not be changing my opinion of why he isn't signed.


I read it. This line in it on Kaepernick is ridiculous and invalidates his entire argument: "Kaepernick is 29 years old, fully healthy and coming off his best season." Take a look at these and tell me that Kaepernick is a top 20 QB 'coming off of his best season' with a straight face (yes, some are in regards to 2015 but they are the same faults he had in 2016 also):

http://www.knbr.com/2015/11/03/how-coli ... t-his-job/

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/15/nfl- ... arterbacks (watch the video especially)

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/cosell- ... ing-ghosts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700 ... in-the-nfl

Sure, he makes good throws now and then but there's a dozen or so other NFL QBs out on the street with him that do the same thing. Kaepernick does have a low interception rate, but that's really about the only consistant thing he has going for him as a QB. If he had not done the protest thing and he wasn't on a team, no one would really be making the argument and relying upon questionable statistics (interceptible pass rate, seriously?) he should be on an NFL team now.


It is absolutely impossible to read/watch that KNBR.com, "How Colin Kaepernick Lost His Job" article and still believe CK is starting NFL QB material - or even Back up Material - he can't run an NFL offense, and he's erratic as ****. The only reason he doesn't have more picks is because he over throws the ball literally 10 feet over his WR's head or skips the ball to them - nobody on the damn field even has a chance at about half his throws
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 am

Again, it is an article from two years ago, and Kaepernick showed improvement in a lot of places last season. I'm sorry, but you'll have to forgive me for trusting the writings of the NFL analyst who charts every single pass over your anecdotal information. Don't do the lazy analysis of team success as the major barometer for QB play.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Pirate Life » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Again, it is an article from two years ago, and Kaepernick showed improvement in a lot of places last season. I'm sorry, but you'll have to forgive me for trusting the writings of the NFL analyst who charts every single pass over your anecdotal information. Don't do the lazy analysis of team success as the major barometer for QB play.


Then use the second article I posted, it's from this year and covers last year's performance. Video is a play from the Bucs game illustrating Kaepernick's issues and how some problems don't show up on the stat sheet, the NFL analyst in that one breaks it down pretty well. You don't need to chart every single pass to form an opinion after all.
Pirate Life
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:01 am

Pirate Life wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Again, it is an article from two years ago, and Kaepernick showed improvement in a lot of places last season. I'm sorry, but you'll have to forgive me for trusting the writings of the NFL analyst who charts every single pass over your anecdotal information. Don't do the lazy analysis of team success as the major barometer for QB play.


Then use the second article I posted, it's from this year and covers last year's performance. Video is a play from the Bucs game illustrating Kaepernick's issues and how some problems don't show up on the stat sheet, the NFL analyst in that one breaks it down pretty well. You don't need to chart every single pass to form an opinion after all.

Yep. That 2nd article is very damning and it sums it all up perfectly in the last two paragraphs.

There are many flawed quarterbacks still on the market: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Cutler, Geno Smith, Josh McCown. But these QBs at least have a demonstrated ability to play in the pocket. It’s infinitely easier to plug one of these guys in than it is to plug in Kaepernick and Griffin.

This raises an interesting question: Will either Kaepernick or Griffin even be in the league in 2017? Though blemished, both are still talented enough to be on rosters. However, their playing styles are so unique that they’d change an offense’s entire identity upon taking the field. Ideally, you want your backup quarterback’s skill set to be similar to your starter’s. Unless it’s the Bills, who go to great lengths to accommodate Tyrod Taylor’s similar pocket-passing woes, no offense will be a natural fit for Kaepernick or Griffin. We said it last year—wrongly, as it turned out—but it’s worth saying again: It’s possible we’ve seen the last of these guys.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:25 am

People see what they want to see, I suppose. And I'm certainly not excluding myself from that indictment. But what I see is a guy who is at least as competent as more than half the QBs in the league who isn't even getting a look because people don't like his politics.

And in a sport that demands toughness, that is so small, petty and weak from owners and fans who just simply disagree with what a man thinks.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:36 am

Ken Carson wrote:People see what they want to see, I suppose. And I'm certainly not excluding myself from that indictment. But what I see is a guy who is at least as competent as more than half the QBs in the league who isn't even getting a look because people don't like his politics.

And in a sport that demands toughness, that is so small, petty and weak from owners and fans who just simply disagree with what a man thinks.

The difference is, I am opining, whereas you are trying to pass off your opinion as fact.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 7195
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 241 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 am

Buc2 wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:People see what they want to see, I suppose. And I'm certainly not excluding myself from that indictment. But what I see is a guy who is at least as competent as more than half the QBs in the league who isn't even getting a look because people don't like his politics.

And in a sport that demands toughness, that is so small, petty and weak from owners and fans who just simply disagree with what a man thinks.

The difference is, I am opining, whereas you are trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

It is a fact that Kaepernick is a better QB than half the guys on rosters right now.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:34 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Buc2 wrote:The difference is, I am opining, whereas you are trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

It is a fact that Kaepernick is a better QB than half the guys on rosters right now.


Image
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Buc2 wrote:The difference is, I am opining, whereas you are trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

It is a fact that Kaepernick is a better QB than half the guys on rosters right now.


That is actually not a fact. But you believing so explains this thread in a nutshell.

Oftentimes there can be a difference between believing something to be true, and a fact. Agree?
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 8689
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: NFLPA and NFL players are too soft like a Twinkie

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:It is a fact that Kaepernick is a better QB than half the guys on rosters right now.


That is actually not a fact. But you believing so explains this thread in a nutshell.

Oftentimes there can be a difference between believing something to be true, and a fact. Agree?

While I get your point, common sense tells you he's right. There must be what, 120 QBs on rosters right now? Are you telling me Kap isn't a top 60 QB? I think in reality he's very much a top 40 QB. He should be on a roster.
Image
real bucs fan
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 81 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Team Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agent Orange, BacksidePursuit, bahamian:bucfan, Baidu [Spider], BayAreaBucFan25, billsfan1212, Bing [Bot], Bootz2004, Google [Bot], Heidguy, ImAWalkingCorpse, JameisLives, Mex-Buc, PlinkoBuccaneer, Rocker, Super K, terrytate and 14 guests