NFL Injury updates

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: NFL Injury updates

Postby Bucs N Beers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:55 pm

He injured his knee last year and opted for stem cell treatment instead of the surgery. Instantly a poor decision.
Bucs N Beers

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:00 pm

They're saying he reinjured his knee but no word on the severity yet.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Bucs N Beers wrote:He injured his knee last year and opted for stem cell treatment instead of the surgery. Instantly a poor decision.

Yup, partially torn ACL in his left knee that he opted not to have surgically repaired. Injured the same left knee today with no contact despite wearing a brace on it.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:47 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Bucs N Beers wrote:He injured his knee last year and opted for stem cell treatment instead of the surgery. Instantly a poor decision.

Yup, partially torn ACL in his left knee that he opted not to have surgically repaired. Injured the same left knee today with no contact despite wearing a brace on it.

So much for the holistic approach.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:07 pm

You guys were wrong. Tannehill suffered no structural damage to his knee.
Bootz2004

Postby Teitan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:You guys were wrong. Tannehill suffered no structural damage to his knee.

Who exactly is wrong?
Teitan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Dolphins dodged a bullet there for sure. Apparently the knee just buckled (odd with a brace).
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:You guys were wrong. Tannehill suffered no structural damage to his knee.

I wasn't wrong. The report I read was.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bucs N Beers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Even if he ends up being fine from this incident, I still think he made a poor decision not getting the surgery. He's having issues with non-contact, just wait until he's got 300 pound dudes trying to smash him to the ground. I hope he plays healthy all year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having issues with that knee all season long.
Bucs N Beers

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 pm

From 2 hours ago...ESPN, so take it for what it's worth...

The good news: A noncontact injury during practice Thursday led to an MRI on Tannehill's left knee that did not show any full tears that would necessitate surgery, team sources said. The bad news: The results did show a setback, even if the extent is debatable.

And while the team continues to await more test results on the quarterback's knee -- one in which he initially sprained the ACL and MCL last December, but did not need surgery -- team officials still realize it might be the best long-term solution to have Tannehill undergo a procedure that would fully repair the partially torn ligaments. Such a scenario probably would end his season, and team sources say that scenario remains on the table.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Nano » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:30 am

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Dolphins fear Ryan Tannehill will need season-ending knee surgery, but no decision on it has been made, sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

10:20 PM · Aug 3, 2017

This must be a roller coaster for Dolphin fans today. First the injury, then the MRI finding no structural damage, but then the reports that his knee is too weak to survive for long. Either way, it's looking more likely that Matt Moore is who we'll face week 1
Nano

Postby MJW » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:45 am

Nano wrote:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Dolphins fear Ryan Tannehill will need season-ending knee surgery, but no decision on it has been made, sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

10:20 PM · Aug 3, 2017

This must be a roller coaster for Dolphin fans today. First the injury, then the MRI finding no structural damage, but then the reports that his knee is too weak to survive for long. Either way, it's looking more likely that Matt Moore is who we'll face week 1

Or Jay Cutler. It'd make a lot of sense for the Dolphins. He's played for Adam Gase, and he's played well (by Jay Cutler standards.) There's plenty of time for him to come in and acclimate himself. It's a really good group of skill position guys there, too - Stills, Landry, Parker, Ajayi, Julius Thomas...It could work out okay. 2nd place, and potentially a playoff spot, seems wide open in that division.
MJW

Postby Caradoc » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:06 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:

Jay Cutler to the rescue?

Kaep!!! Him going to Miami would be awesome.

Him going to Cuba would be better.
Caradoc

Postby Alpha » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:10 am

MJW wrote:
Or Jay Cutler. It'd make a lot of sense for the Dolphins. He's played for Adam Gase, and he's played well (by Jay Cutler standards.) There's plenty of time for him to come in and acclimate himself.

Would love to see that.

Cutler is an interception machine.

I'd feel much better facing Cutler in week 1, rather than T-hill.
Alpha

Postby acmillis » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:33 am

Alpha wrote:
MJW wrote:
Or Jay Cutler. It'd make a lot of sense for the Dolphins. He's played for Adam Gase, and he's played well (by Jay Cutler standards.) There's plenty of time for him to come in and acclimate himself.

Would love to see that.

Cutler is an interception machine.

I'd feel much better facing Cutler in week 1, rather than T-hill or Matt Moore.

I'd prefer to face anybody that is not on the roster right now than Tannehill or Moore, especially a Jay Cutler (not good to begin with) who probably is not in football shape.
acmillis

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:43 am

Maybe they'll bring Freeman back.
Deja Entendu

Postby deltbucs » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:26 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Nope. It's been obvious as to what's causing these injuries since the 2011 CBA.

Bootz2004 wrote:I'm not saying the CBA was the only reason

Bootz in mid-season form. LOL!
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:27 am

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

So much for the holistic approach.

Stem call treatment is pretty much the opposite of the holistic approach.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:59 pm

lol...

DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm

In other NFL injury news Jets WR Quincy Enunwa is out for the season with a neck injury, sources say.

Not that the Jets had any quality receiving threats, but Enunwa was atop the list.

This Jets offense is going to be HORRENDOUS!! ASJ is literally their best target and it's not close.

I'm so glad we get play them this season.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:18 pm

DreadNaught wrote:In other NFL injury news Jets WR Quincy Enunwa is out for the season with a neck injury, sources say.

Not that the Jets had any quality receiving threats, but Enunwa was atop the list.

This Jets offense is going to be HORRENDOUS!! ASJ is literally their best target and it's not close.

I'm so glad we get play them this season.

That's a major bummer. Quincy is a good dude. I was very excited when he made good. This was going to be his breakout year. Even with the Jets QB situation, he was a good bet to catch 70-80 balls for them.

Man...that team. Right now, it's entirely possible they'll show up for our game with Hack throwing to Charone Peak and Robby Anderson. Though I do like ArDarius Stewart - eventually.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:46 pm

I can talk about any of the 32 rosters in some depth. But when it came to the Jets WRs I had to look them up just to see who else was there since I only knew of Enunwa and the 2 rookies they drafted (Hansen and Stewart).

This 2017 Jets offense might be the worst collection of talent I've seen in the NFL in the past decade.
DreadNaught

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:04 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I can talk about any of the 32 rosters in some depth. But when it came to the Jets WRs I had to look them up just to see who else was there since I only knew of Enunwa and the 2 rookies they drafted (Hansen and Stewart).

This 2017 Jets offense might? be the worst collection of talent I've seen in the NFL in the past decade.

0-16?
Phantom Phenom

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I can talk about any of the 32 rosters in some depth. But when it came to the Jets WRs I had to look them up just to see who else was there since I only knew of Enunwa and the 2 rookies they drafted (Hansen and Stewart).

This 2017 Jets offense might? be the worst collection of talent I've seen in the NFL in the past decade.

0-16?

2 wins max. 0-16 wouldn't be a surprise though. I just don't see how they score enough to win games. QB sucks, OLine is bad, Receivers are atrocious. Just a very sub-par team on offense.

Defensive front 7 is solid with a lot of talent on the D-line, but the CB talent is suspect and they will be starting 2 rookies at Safety. S

I think they will be good at stopping the run with that Dline and Bowles will dial up some blitzes. I just don't know if they have the secondary to hold up.

AT BILLS
AT RAIDERS
DOLPHINS
JAGUARS
AT BROWNS
PATRIOTS
AT DOLPHINS
FALCONS
BILLS
AT BUCCANEERS
BYE
PANTHERS
CHIEFS
AT BRONCOS
AT SAINTS
CHARGERS
AT PATRIOTS
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:55 pm

This 2017 Jets offense might be the worst collection of talent I've seen in the NFL in the past decade.

You might have to go back farther than that. I'm sure there were offenses that were ravaged by injuries over the course of the season, but as far as opening day offenses, this one might be the worst I can remember. And the thing is, they could maybe make it work if they had the line to play ball-control with Forte and Powell...but they don't. Whether they try to spread the field or they try to play power, they're going to be at such a huge talent disadvantage they could be historically bad.

Put it another way...the 2nd string offenses of the other three teams in their division are all significantly more talented. The Patriots 3rd string offense, with Brissett, maybe Dion Lewis, maybe Malcolm Mitchell, is significantly more talented too.
MJW

Previous

Return to Team Discussions