Official BUCZONE 2017 season wager challenge thread

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Official BUCZONE 2017 season wager challenge thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:39 am

So this is the challenge thread for friendly wagers for the season. The wagers cannot involve money or any kind of payoff that violates the terms of the BUCZONE rules.

Any poster can throw down the challenge flag to any other poster and it will be recorded here for all time. Wagers should be fun, entertaining and amusing for both parties. Predictable, and lazy is "You don't post for X amount of time" bull. C'mon we are Buc's fans we can be MUCH more imaginative than that.

I will offer the first challenge to Beardmcdoug. He says we will lose to the Giants on 10/1/17. I say we will win. (And while not part of the wager, I think it will be our win against the Giants that is the win that turns our corner form hopeful to legitimate).

Let me know If you accept the challenge Beardmcdoug, and we can meet back here to discuss terms or brainstorm terms on PM and then post them here. In the meantime, I will be thinking of something fun, amusing and entertaining for you to do when I win and you can pretend that I won't and think of something fun that you will like and if we agree - let the games begin!!
Babeinbucland

Re: Official BUCZONE 2017 season wager challenge thread

Postby sanka » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:37 am

I had a wager with Mademoiselle in 2015 ....she lost badly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sanka

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:52 am

sanka wrote:I had a wager with Mademoiselle in 2015 ....she lost badly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You had a wager with me in 2015, you lost and then welched.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:56 am

Great idea, Bibl. I like this.
PrimeMinister

Postby Naismith » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:24 am

I have a couple of things I'm willing to make a friendly wager on...

1. Josh Huff makes the opening day roster.
2. At some point before or during the season, Jeremy McNichols gets waived.
Naismith

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:So this is the challenge thread for friendly wagers for the season. The wagers cannot involve money or any kind of payoff that violates the terms of the BUCZONE rules.

Any poster can throw down the challenge flag to any other poster and it will be recorded here for all time. Wagers should be fun, entertaining and amusing for both parties. Predictable, and lazy is "You don't post for X amount of time" bull. C'mon we are Buc's fans we can be MUCH more imaginative than that.

I will offer the first challenge to Beardmcdoug. He says we will lose to the Giants on 10/1/17. I say we will win. (And while not part of the wager, I think it will be our win against the Giants that is the win that turns our corner form hopeful to legitimate).

Let me know If you accept the challenge Beardmcdoug, and we can meet back here to discuss terms or brainstorm terms on PM and then post them here. In the meantime, I will be thinking of something fun, amusing and entertaining for you to do when I win and you can pretend that I won't and think of something fun that you will like and if we agree - let the games begin!!

Oh fug didn't expect that lol

Yeah, you're on! I knew I'd be watching that one with my brother in law who's a huge Giants fan, so I was just preparing mentally preparing for an underdog state with that one - that way if we lose I play it off as "meh, it was one of our expected losses on the way to 10-6", and if we win I'll be hitting him with Xpac Suck It like it's 1998. I have no shame

Let's discuss terms - gotta be lite - now way I'm hoping to win this one lol

Great idea btw
beardmcdoug

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:55 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:So this is the challenge thread for friendly wagers for the season. The wagers cannot involve money or any kind of payoff that violates the terms of the BUCZONE rules.

Yeah, you're on! I knew I'd be watching that one with my brother in law who's a huge Giants fan, so I was just preparing mentally preparing for an underdog state with that one - that way if we lose I play it off as "meh, it was one of our expected losses on the way to 10-6", and if we win I'll be hitting him with Xpac Suck It like it's 1998. I have no shame

Great idea btw

Sent you a PM on the terms. HOWEVER, if you really are not thinking we are going to lose then lets choose another game to wager on. I am betting there are others. Up to you :mrgreen:
Babeinbucland

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Great idea btw

Sent you a PM on the terms. HOWEVER, if you really are not thinking we are going to lose then lets choose another game to wager on. I am betting there are others. Up to you :mrgreen:

No that's good. I don't think we're going to win that one
beardmcdoug

Postby Nano » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:38 pm

I lost a bet here once. Ended up with me getting IP banned from a Panthers message board....totally worth it. Think it was with Doctor
Nano

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Naismith wrote:I have a couple of things I'm willing to make a friendly wager on...

No one disagrees with this???
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Nano wrote:I lost a bet here once. Ended up with me getting IP banned from a Panthers message board....totally worth it. Think it was with Doctor

C'mon spill the details!
Babeinbucland

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Naismith wrote:I have a couple of things I'm willing to make a friendly wager on...

Yeah somebody's gotta take #2 that's a damn good one
beardmcdoug

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:50 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Yeah somebody's gotta take #2 that's a damn good one

Not really. Even if he makes the 53 man roster, come week 4 Doug Martin will return and someone will be cut. Likely a RB. McNichols is the likely candidate. Him getting waived isn't that big of a stretch.
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 am

Naismith wrote:I have a couple of things I'm willing to make a friendly wager on

I'll bite. I think Barber is the likely candidate.
Rocker

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 am

Please. McNichols ceiling is taking DM's job. His floor is our future 3rd down back. Sims, Quizz and Barber are all likelier candidates to get cut. The only RB in this class who is a better receiving back than McNichols is McCaffrey.

And Huff flat out sucks. I think he already knows he isn't making the team.
Brazen331

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:10 pm

People have a lot of confidence in a 5th round rookie right now. Happens every single year. Every draft pick we make is supposedly a future star lol.
Bootz2004

Postby Super K » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:11 pm

Brazen331 wrote:Please. McNichols ceiling is taking DM's job. His floor is our future 3rd down back. Sims, Quizz and Barber are all likelier candidates to get cut. The only RB in this class who is a better receiving back than McNichols is McCaffrey.

And Huff flat out sucks. I think he already knows he isn't making the team.

Huff doesn't stand a chance...

He's battling Bobo Wilson, Martino and then like for the 5th WR spot..

He's older,more expensive(?) and has shown some dumbass decision in the kicking game (which he was brought in to bolster)..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 pm

In other news though I'm glad to see people finally coming around on Josh Huff. Once again, expectations were way too high for a mediocre at best player.
Bootz2004

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:54 pm

TALK IS CHEAP PEOPLE! And I don't see y'all putting any kind of skin on the line in a challenge so just hot air.

Meanwhile Beardmcdoug and I have a bet! I wa easy on him per his request :mrgreen:

If Beardmcdoug wins the the bet (Giants win on 10/1), Ive got to make my sig a Donald Trump picture (of his choice of) through the end of 2017, so Oct, Nov and Dec

When I win, within a 30 day period he has to select 5 of my posts in offtopic and sincerely elaborate on why my point has merit -without any caveats or counter points of his own.

Let the games begin!
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babeinbucland

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:22 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:People have a lot of confidence in a 5th round rookie right now. Happens every single year. Every draft pick we make is supposedly a future star lol.

Of course this in no way reflects what I posted. I doubt he has the athletic traits to reach his ceiling of supplanting Martin. That's why he went in the 5th despite being perhaps the most productive back in the draft.

At the combine he ran faster than Cook but you don't have to watch much tape to see that his game speed is not comparable to Cook's. But he is an efficient aerial weapon out of the backfield, better than Sims IMO.

I think the big take away here is that Sims was a poor use of a 3rd-round selection.
Brazen331

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:People have a lot of confidence in a 5th round rookie right now. Happens every single year. Every draft pick we make is supposedly a future star lol.

Of course this in no way reflects what I posted. I doubt he has the athletic traits to reach his ceiling of supplanting Martin. That's why he went in the 5th despite being perhaps the most productive back in the draft.

At the combine he ran faster than Cook but you don't have to watch much tape to see that his game speed is not comparable to Cook's. But he is an efficient aerial weapon out of the backfield, better than Sims IMO.

I think the big take away here is that Sims was a poor use of a 3rd-round selection.

Sims has been injured but when healthy he's provided very good production in the pass game and as a complimentary back to Martin. He's one of the few guys on this roster with true YAC ability. I pointed this out a while ago but he's the only guy on the offense to produce a TD catch where he caught the ball more than 5 yards from the goal line. 2 years straight. It wasn't a poor use of a pick if you're being honest. He has good traits and produced in college. Using hindsight like you are, yea maybe we could've gone elsewhere. But the player you'd probably say we should've picked no doubt would be 1 who's had more success than Sims.

Looking at McNichols, he's not a head and shoulders upgrade over Sims.
Bootz2004

Postby terrytate » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:13 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Sims has been injured but when healthy he's provided very good production in the pass game and as a complimentary back to Martin. He's one of the few guys on this roster with true YAC ability. I pointed this out a while ago but he's the only guy on the offense to produce a TD catch where he caught the ball more than 5 yards from the goal line. 2 years straight. It wasn't a poor use of a pick if you're being honest. He has good traits and produced in college. Using hindsight like you are, yea maybe we could've gone elsewhere. But the player you'd probably say we should've picked no doubt would be 1 who's had more success than Sims.

Looking at McNichols, he's not a head and shoulders upgrade over Sims.

Don't talk, bet someone.

For what it's worth, the return of Sweezy and getting Howard will do more for our run game than any single back we have.
terrytate

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 am

Good thread BiBL.

Chris Godwin will have more TDs and Yards than Adam Humphries
Doug Martin will be the starting RB week 4
Our defense is top 5 in takeaways this season
We will force Tannehill into 3 turnovers week 1.
McCoy has 10 sacks or more this season (would be the first time ever)

Any takers on any of those?
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:46 am

Winston throws for more yards than Brady in the Thursday night matchup.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:50 am

DreadNaught wrote:Good thread BiBL.

Sure. I'll take the under on this one if you'll be willing to agree to these terms:

1.Tannehill's turnovers would be either INT's or fumbles, If said fumble is during a hand off, the fumble is credited to the RB, not Tannehill. If the snap is fumbled, it counts against Tannehill. All INT's count against Tannehill.

2. If Tannehill for some reason is not the starting QB, Week 1. the bet is voided.

3. If Tannehill commits 2 or fewer turnovers week 1, Dread's Avatar will become the image of my choosing (No NSFW images) until kickoff of the Bears game Week 2.

Deal?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:11 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Good thread BiBL.

Sure. I'll take the under on this one if you'll be willing to agree to these terms:

1.Tannehill's turnovers would be either INT's or fumbles, If said fumble is during a hand off, the fumble is credited to the RB, not Tannehill. If the snap is fumbled, it counts against Tannehill. All INT's count against Tannehill.

2. If Tannehill for some reason is not the starting QB, Week 1. the bet is voided.

3. If Tannehill commits 2 or fewer turnovers week 1, Dread's Avatar will become the image of my choosing (No NSFW images) until kickoff of the Bears game Week 2.

Deal?

Confirmed. Let's do the avatar bet for a week. Winner chooses the avatar for the loser.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Deal?

Confirmed. Let's do the avatar bet for a week. Winner chooses the avatar for the loser.

You got a bet.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Caradoc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:55 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:TALK IS CHEAP PEOPLE! And I don't see y'all putting any kind of skin on the line in a challenge so just hot air.

Meanwhile Beardmcdoug and I have a bet! I wa easy on him per his request :mrgreen:

If Beardmcdoug wins the the bet (Giants win on 10/1), Ive got to make my sig a Donald Trump picture (of his choice of) through the end of 2017, so Oct, Nov and Dec

When I win, within a 30 day period he has to select 5 of my posts in offtopic and sincerely elaborate on why my point has merit -without any caveats or counter points of his own.

Let the games begin!

So you want a man to explain your own points? I think there's a word for that...
Caradoc

Postby deltbucs » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:43 pm

Caradoc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:TALK IS CHEAP PEOPLE! And I don't see y'all putting any kind of skin on the line in a challenge so just hot air.

Let the games begin!

So you want a man to explain your own points? I think there's a word for that...

Talk about your all time backfires.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Ouch
Zarniwoop

Next

Return to Team Discussions