**OFFICIAL BUCS 2017 TRAINING CAMP THREAD**

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: **OFFICIAL BUCS 2017 TRAINING CAMP THREAD**

Postby pewterpirates » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for all the insight, Dread. It is much appreciated. I hope you're enjoying your time at training camp. One day, I'm going to take 2-3 weeks off and fly down (from Texas) just to spend every day possible at Bucs training camp.

I have a lot of Tampa Bay-area people as Facebook friends, and all of their selfies with players and autographed gear makes me incredibly envious.

Have you gotten any gear signed? Anything like that?
pewterpirates

Postby Hit55 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:59 pm

pewterpirates wrote:Thanks for all the insight, Dread. It is much appreciated. I hope you're enjoying your time at training camp. One day, I'm going to take 2-3 weeks off and fly down (from Texas) just to spend every day possible at Bucs training camp.

I have a lot of Tampa Bay-area people as Facebook friends, and all of their selfies with players and autographed gear makes me incredibly envious.

Have you gotten any gear signed? Anything like that?

I know it wasn't directed to me, but the Buccaneers are phenomenal with signing autographs after practice. In my four days, I've had my favorite hat (that I will likely no longer wear) signed by: Brent Grimes, Justin Evans, Jameis Winston, Gerald McCoy, Doug Martin, Luke Stocker, OJ Howard, Chris Godwin, and Adam Humphries. Talking to the players while they're signing has also been pretty awesome as well. I'm hoping the last bit of space on my hat can be filled by Mike Evans, Kwon, Lavonte, or Spence in the coming days. The WRs came out today to sign autographs, but I missed Evans and DeSean (they went to the opposite end I was standing at).

If you have kids, they let kids onto the field to meet the players and get autographs as well, if you sign them up.
Hit55

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:12 am

Practice is standing room only
Bootz2004

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:39 am

Is this the stick carriers takeover day?
PrimeMinister

Postby Teitan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:41 am

Yes.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:47 am

I hope it's amazing
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:48 am

Pretty surreal for a TC practice. Unreal crowd energy, this is what it's all about.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:53 am

DreadNaught wrote:Pretty surreal for a TC practice. Unreal crowd energy, this is what it's all about.

I hope it keeps up. This #stickcarrier thing could be great if they would stop begging for attention and just focus on being the greatest fan base alive.

Have an amazing time out there. I'm jealous.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:13 am

Energy is absolutely crazy like Dread said. It's hot but a very fun atmosphere. That said offense looks like **** in this latest scrimmage. Jameis threw a pick to Hargreaves and nearly threw another one to Tandy who stick on Howard like white on rice.
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:20 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Energy is absolutely crazy like Dread said. It's hot but a very fun atmosphere. That said offense looks like **** in this latest scrimmage. Jameis threw a pick to Hargreaves and nearly threw another one to Tandy who stick on Howard like white on rice.

Great job! You guys take a lot of notes.
mdb1958

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:29 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Energy is absolutely crazy like Dread said. It's hot but a very fun atmosphere. That said offense looks like **** in this latest scrimmage. Jameis threw a pick to Hargreaves and nearly threw another one to Tandy who stick on Howard like white on rice.

Thanks for the updates.
PrimeMinister

Postby Teitan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:43 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Pretty surreal for a TC practice. Unreal crowd energy, this is what it's all about.

I hope it keeps up. This #stickcarrier thing could be great if they would stop begging for attention and just focus on being the greatest fan base alive.

Exactly, be less schtick-y and just make the presence felt like today.
Teitan

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:11 am

One Buc just posted that Bobo was one of five standouts today ---------------------------------------- and he's fast. 4.57 is not fast.

I'm not going to even laugh out loud on this one.

In other news, I saw where the Bucs might not keep either of our big defensive tackles since we have signed Baker.
mdb1958

Postby Teitan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Godwin very good again today.
Teitan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Doug Martin looks amazing out there. I can't wait until he returns. Peyton Barber also looked good. Other than that though the offense was pretty blah. Godwin had a good day also. Jameis seemed off today. I think those advocating for McNichols to supplant Martin have yet to see him. I'm not impressed at this point. None of the RBs looked even decent in pass pro drills against LBs except Martin. Quizz was horrible. The defense looked much better today. Especially the secondary. And I believe I saw Lavonte David fielding punts.
Bootz2004

Postby NYBF » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

"Begging for attention" probably won't stop. We've got a fan group like that up here. And you've got to take the good with the bad. Yeah, the begging for attention is bad. But I saw a couple clips from camp today. And if they're bringing energy like that to training camp, just imagine what it would be like if they get a group of couple/few dozen to do a road trip to an away game what that looks like. The group up here goes out 500-1000 deep a couple times a year to road games and seeing them all together in one area in one color is pretty cool from a fan standpoint. From a player standpoint it's got to make you feel real good to see that kind of support follow you while you're on the road.
NYBF

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:54 pm

NYBF wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

"Begging for attention" probably won't stop. We've got a fan group like that up here. And you've got to take the good with the bad. Yeah, the begging for attention is bad. But I saw a couple clips from camp today. And if they're bringing energy like that to training camp, just imagine what it would be like if they get a group of couple/few dozen to do a road trip to an away game what that looks like. The group up here goes out 500-1000 deep a couple times a year to road games and seeing them all together in one area in one color is pretty cool from a fan standpoint. From a player standpoint it's got to make you feel real good to see that kind of support follow you while you're on the road.

Every clip I've seen from today looked amazing. Full of energy and sounded like a playoff crowd. We need that every. Single. Game.

Spectacular turnout and thanks to every one of you who went.
PrimeMinister

Postby Bucs N Beers » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:19 pm

I still think "Stick Carriers" sounds dumb, but if they show up like that they can call themselves the Ballerinas and it wouldn't matter. Pretty awesome stuff.

This fan base has been hurting for so long. I'm glad to see so much excitement from the fans. And glad to see the players, coaches, and personnel buying in to it all. Very cool.
Bucs N Beers

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Bucs N Beers wrote:I still think "Stick Carriers" sounds dumb, but if they show up like that they can call themselves the Ballerinas and it wouldn't matter. Pretty awesome stuff.

This fan base has been hurting for so long. I'm glad to see so much excitement from the fans. And glad to see the players, coaches, and personnel buying in to it all. Very cool.

Atleast it's original and we don't have to pay a license fee like Seahawks fans. :P
DreadNaught

Postby StillCSG » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:05 pm

The stock carrier thing won't transfer to the regular season...

As soon as the get started security will tell them to sit down and shut up
StillCSG

Postby Four Verticals » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Doug Martin looks amazing out there. I can't wait until he returns. Peyton Barber also looked good. Other than that though the offense was pretty blah. Godwin had a good day also. Jameis seemed off today. I think those advocating for McNichols to supplant Martin have yet to see him. I'm not impressed at this point. None of the RBs looked even decent in pass pro drills against LBs except Martin. Quizz was horrible. The defense looked much better today. Especially the secondary. And I believe I saw Lavonte David fielding punts.

David's been back there a few days this TC. Not sure there's a logical reason why....and maybe there doesn't have to be.
Four Verticals

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:16 am

"Absolutely, we talk to them about it all the time," said Koetter. "Everybody has opportunity but not the same opportunity and you don't know necessarily when they're going to come up, so you've got to make the most of them."

In the meeting from which the above clip derives, Koetter tells the team's rookies that, "Luck is the time when preparation and opportunity meet." On Saturday, the coach pointed out one player who has obviously taken that message to heart.: undrafted rookie cornerback Maurice Fleming.

"You don't see it, but if I look out my office about seven o'clock every morning, it's still kind of dark, he's out there behind the shed doing drills on his own," said Koetter. "There's a guy that's waiting for his opportunity. You can see that he's a tough guy and that he's a hitter. It's going to be fun to see him next week in Cincinnati, see what he can do, because he's definitely going to get a chance."
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:00 am

Are we going to keep Billings, Willis, and Lawson off our QB friday night?
mdb1958

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:02 am

mdb1958 wrote:Are we going to keep Billings, Willis, and Lawson off our QB friday night?

Once the back up/3rd string Oline comes in things could turn ugly for us. But that is a problem many teams have.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 am

DreadNaught wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Are we going to keep Billings, Willis, and Lawson off our QB friday night?

Once the back up/3rd string Oline comes in things could turn ugly for us. But that is a problem many teams have.

Every, I'd say. But it's also a ton of fun to watch. Sometimes you'll see a dude make good and fight his way onto the 53 in those spots.
MJW

Postby Teitan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:10 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Every, I'd say. But it's also a ton of fun to watch. Sometimes you'll see a dude make good and fight his way onto the 53 in those spots.

I'm actually excited for that part, seeing guys like Benenoch play.
Teitan

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:12 am

StillCSG wrote:The stock carrier thing won't transfer to the regular season...

As soon as the get started security will tell them to sit down and shut up

I think this will depend on the section you're in. Both the HC and GM have been adamant about how they want change the environment at RayJay, especially in the lower bowl (100's section).

I've sat in 218 the past 4 years which is a very laid back section, but towards the end of the season in the Seattle and Saints games many people were standing and cheering when the defense was on the field. You could definitely feel the change in fan behavior from anything I've witnessed since 2013.

You might be right, but I think the franchise/team will back the wishes of the HC/GM and encourage more enthusiasm within reason.

Any third down on defense is reason to stand and cheer imo. I've been doing that for 4 seasons in 218 and have never once been told to sit down.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 am

Teitan wrote:
MJW wrote:

The backup line has Wester-Hawley-Evan Smith-??-Benenoch, so not terrible.

I'm interested to see Benenoch also. He got some work at 1st team RT the other day. But has primarily been working at both G and T with the 2nd team Oline.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:23 am

Teitan wrote:
MJW wrote:

Yeah, totally. I think the plan is for him to take over for Pamphile next year. Hopefully he took a leap forward this offseason.

My list of fringe guys would include:
Jonathan Moxey from Boise. He's small, but he's feisty.
Riley Bullough, who tore it up in the Big Ten. I could see him making it as a special teamer.
Koren Kirven from Alabama. He was a swing guy most of his career for the Tide, but that doesn't mean he can't play.

Antony Auclair is my top guy. I think he could be Luke Stocker's heir as that pure Y tight end. He's not a great blocker yet but he looked solid in the Shrine game. He's huge, and he has soft hands. Lot of potential there to become the other guy with Howard and Stocker maybe next year.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Who did Spence swing at today?
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions