So I have to ask...

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: So I have to ask...

Postby Teitan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm not really sure what you are trying to convince me of. I don't listen to the podcast. I have 'tuned it out'. I still see stuff via retweets, mentions, comments etc. but the OP brought the topic of stick carriers up, and I gave my point of view. That's kind of how this place works.

Like you said, we have different experiences and perceptions of the podcast/"movement". Neither of us are wrong. Just as you are allowed to like it, I am allowed to dislike it. I am well aware of his prior podcast. It, actually, was much better. But I think that's due to Easterling carrying him and actually doing research and providing content. It's now literally built on nothing. The majority of his 'callers' provide a half baked thought, "shout out to his sponsors" and all use the same sign off; "Remember, speak softly and carry a BIG MOTHERFUCKING STICK!!!" There's just no. Content.

That said, I am not at all telling you or anyone that you can't or shouldn't enjoy it. Different strokes, if you enjoy it, awesome! If you wanna call yourself a stick carrier and all that, good! Whatever makes you happy.
Teitan

Postby bschucher » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 pm

His previous podcast with Eastlering was actually pretty good. I have tried several times to listen to the new one and as some have said, it gets old listening to people leaving voice memos that seem to be forcing themselves to say **** over and over. I dont give many shits about language but when its clearly forced it sounds stupid as hell.. His pod is no my thang.. Many other options for content out there.
bschucher

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 am

bschucher wrote:Many other options for content out there.

Definitely. Although, I get probably 95% of my content right here in this forum. Folks here are looking everywhere for content and when they find something truly interesting, they usually will post it here...be it an interview, a video or an article.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:44 am

Buc2 wrote:
bschucher wrote:Many other options for content out there.

Definitely. Although, I get probably 95% of my content right here in this forum. Folks here are looking everywhere for content and when they find something truly interesting, they usually will post it here...be it an interview, a video or an article.

Winner winner chicken dinner..
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 am

Teitan wrote:I'm not really sure what you are trying to convince me of. I don't listen to the podcast. I have 'tuned it out'. I still see stuff via retweets, mentions, comments etc. but the OP brought the topic of stick carriers up, and I gave my point of view. That's kind of how this place works.

Like you said, we have different experiences and perceptions of the podcast/"movement". Neither of us are wrong. Just as you are allowed to like it, I am allowed to dislike it. I am well aware of his prior podcast. It, actually, was much better. But I think that's due to Easterling carrying him and actually doing research and providing content. It's now literally built on nothing. The majority of his 'callers' provide a half baked thought, "shout out to his sponsors" and all use the same sign off; "Remember, speak softly and carry a BIG MOTHERFUCKING STICK!!!" There's just no. Content.

That said, I am not at all telling you or anyone that you can't or shouldn't enjoy it. Different strokes, if you enjoy it, awesome! If you wanna call yourself a stick carrier and all that, good! Whatever makes you happy.

Fair enough, my apologies if my post came across abrasive in your direction, just wanted to provide my view on how I see things. Wasn't trying to convince you to start listening again so my bad if that's how it came across. It's unfortunate you had the experience you did and I certainly don't fault you for having criticism b/c of it, or of the content itself.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Right? Not everyone likes the same things someone else does. Take Game of Thrones for example. I love it. But there are some idio...um...people that don't. And that's okay. I understand. NOT
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bucs N Beers » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:43 pm

I love the WTB podcast. Been a listener for a number of years, just don't join the chats during taping. To me, that's the staple of Bucs podcasts and everything else is an imitation (Though I do listen to PR Podcast and Bucs and Brews just to fill dead time, 45 minute commute to and from work).

I do wish Derek would have a little less of Mark Cook. I like Cook, but I think Derek does more X's and O's when he's filling that hour and a half on his own. Though I'm sure it's easier to fill an hour and a half with 2 people.
Bucs N Beers

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:46 pm

Bucs N Beers wrote:I love the WTB podcast. Been a listener for a number of years, just don't join the chats during taping. To me, that's the staple of Bucs podcasts and everything else is an imitation (Though I do listen to PR Podcast and Bucs and Brews just to fill dead time, 45 minute commute to and from work).

I do wish Derek would have a little less of Mark Cook. I like Cook, but I think Derek does more X's and O's when he's filling that hour and a half on his own. Though I'm sure it's easier to fill an hour and a half with 2 people.

I listen to them all (not all episodes) and WTB provides the best content on a consistent basis imho. I've met Derek a few times and he's a good dude in my experience so that helps. Derek doesn't release the podcast on any set schedule it seems although one a week seems about right once the season gets here, but he doesn't try to create a podcast out of nothing and hammer our 2-3 per week in June/July like Bucs Uncensored and Ira are still doing at JBF. I haven't listened to any of those JBF ones in a few weeks since content was so bad, but I assume that will change once we get TC going in full swing.

Pewter Report is dipping it's toes into podcasting also, so I don't know how much Mark Cook I can take. Cook is entertaining and doesn't take himself serious, but I've never been a fan of Scott Reynolds and listening to him hasn't changed that.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:08 pm

They're going after 620 now.

What ever happened to "speak softly"?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Teitan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:43 pm

Just saw this on Twitter hahaha. It's from a couple years ago.

Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:They're going after 620 now.

What did they say about 620? Upset 620 didn't give them enough deference?
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:05 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:They're going after 620 now.

JBF does an hour on the with the BigDog once a week for past 4 years. 620 reached out to JBF to cancel that citing it's affiliation with the Bucs Uncensored podcast. JBF posted an article on it's site about it.

I suppose of the JBF/BU listeners read the article and told 620 what they thought of pulling JBF off the BigDog show.

I stopped listening to local radio a while ago so it's w/e.
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

JBF does an hour on the with the BigDog once a week for past 4 years. 620 reached out to JBF to cancel that citing it's affiliation with the Bucs Uncensored podcast. JBF posted an article on it's site about it.

I suppose of the JBF/BU listeners read the article and told 620 what they thought of pulling JBF off the BigDog show.

Why does 620 have an issue with BU podcast?
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:50 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Why does 620 have an issue with BU podcast?

No clue.. Likely some personal/political nonsense internally since Palowski used to work there and apparently said something in recent podcast about a current 620 employee (according to the JBF article).
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:52 pm

I gotta hand it to them, they blew up practice and it looked like a lot of fun.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I gotta hand it to them, they blew up practice and it looked like a lot of fun.

It was a blast. Which is really the big picture here imho.

I understand the criticism of Palowski and/or the podcast, it's not for everyone and alot of the offseason content was terrible. But things like the draft party, today's practice, and most importantly future games are what it's all about.

I'd expect all Bucs podcasts will be better now that football is here. But if Bucs Uncensored isn't your thing and/or Palowski annoys you that is cool. You can still enjoy the excitement the fan group offers without listening to the podcast.

As I said before, I support them all since they all support the bigger picture which is organizing and mobilizing events to improve the fan experience. It was certainly special out there at practice today, I've never seen a practice like it. If we win some ****ing games this year RayJay will be a madhouse b/c the enthusiasm is infectious. It was funny seeing by brother and sister law react to it today (they had no clue what theu were walking into).
DreadNaught

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I gotta hand it to them, they blew up practice and it looked like a lot of fun.

It was a blast. Which is really the big picture here imho.

I understand the criticism of Palowski and/or the podcast, it's not for everyone and alot of the offseason content was terrible. But things like the draft party, today's practice, and most importantly furure games are what it's all about.

I'd expect all Bucs podcasts will be better now that football is here. But if Bucs Uncensored isn't your thing and/or Palowski annoys you that is cool. You can still enjoy the excitement the fan group offers without listening to the podcast.

As I said before, I support them all since they all support the bigger picture which is organizing and mobilizing events to improve the fan experience. It was certainly special out there at practice today, I've never seen a practice like it. If we win some ****ing games this year RayJay will be a madhouse b/c the enthusiasm is infectious. It was funny seeing by brother and sister law react to it today (they had no clue what theu were walking into).

We got there about 8:55, 10 minutes after practice started. When the people at the gate told us "standing room only" I looked at them like :?: :?: then I heard the chants. It honestly sounded like a WWE crowd with all types of corny chants. The players really didn't expect it either but they fed off of it. I hope today's practice is highlighted on Hard Knocks. The Tampa faithful really came out and supported this morning. A lot of fun even if we had to stand early on (we eventually got seats under the shade)
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:30 pm

I figured it would be packed so I was there before 8 and there were hundreds of people in line already chanting.

Practice started at 8:45.

Crazy day. Feels like a game was played..... almost.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:53 pm

It bodes well for how raucous home games might get.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Teitan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Yeah it was a cool thing for everyone to get together for that showing. They need to work on their chanting. Spelling buccaneers out doesn't really flow well.
Last edited by Teitan on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teitan

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Teitan wrote:Yeah it sounds a cool thing for everyone to get together for that showing. They need to work on their chanting. Spelling buccaneers out doesn't really flow well.

I remember the

B-U-C
C-A-N
E-E-R-S
GO BUCS

Chant from back in the late 90s- early 2000s heyday in the stadium - used to hear it all the time actually
beardmcdoug

Postby Naismith » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm

I was going to take my daughter this morning. Glad I didn't as I think she would have been scared/overwhelmed by the noise. The videos were awesome. I don't listen to the podcast but I've always personally liked Justin and kudos to him for promoting himself and doing so in a way that gets enthusiasm for the team. I hope this is the start of something big in terms of excitement in the community.
Naismith

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:11 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Teitan wrote:Yeah it sounds a cool thing for everyone to get together for that showing. They need to work on their chanting. Spelling buccaneers out doesn't really flow well.

I remember the

B-U-C
C-A-N
E-E-R-S
GO BUCS

Chant from back in the late 90s- early 2000s heyday in the stadium - used to hear it all the time actually

I think it stopped in early 90s iirc. I could be wrong but I associate that chant with the creamsicle/bucco bruce unis.

But growing up going to Bucs games in the 80s (rough days, kids are naive tho) I definitely remember that chant.

If it's a rabid fan group they are going to chant. I like they brought back an oldie.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Naismith wrote:I was going to take my daughter this morning. Glad I didn't as I think she would have been scared/overwhelmed by the noise. The videos were awesome. I don't listen to the podcast but I've always personally liked Justin and kudos to him for promoting himself and doing so in a way that gets enthusiasm for the team. I hope this is the start of something big in terms of excitement in the community.

I get what you're saying, but it should be good time. It should be rowdy fun.

Might be a little overwhelming for a small child, but kids can get into it if they know going in.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Naismith wrote:I was going to take my daughter this morning. Glad I didn't as I think she would have been scared/overwhelmed by the noise. The videos were awesome. I don't listen to the podcast but I've always personally liked Justin and kudos to him for promoting himself and doing so in a way that gets enthusiasm for the team. I hope this is the start of something big in terms of excitement in the community.

Might be a little overwhelming for a small child, but kids can get into it if they know going in.

Youngest kid with us was my 2 year old nephew. He loved it
Bootz2004

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I get what you're saying, but it should be good time. It should be rowdy fun.

Your kids must like making noise the way mine do.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Your kids must like making noise the way mine do.

Yep. They all liked the atmosphere
Bootz2004

Postby Naismith » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Yeah, not being critical of it at all. I think it's awesome. I don't think she, specifically, would have handled it well but I don't think NFL training camp should be catering to the fickle needs of a 19-month old!
Naismith

Postby NYBF » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:53 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
I remember the

B-U-C
C-A-N
E-E-R-S
GO BUCS

I think it stopped in early 90s iirc. I could be wrong but I associate that chant with the creamsicle/bucco bruce unis.

But growing up going to Bucs games in the 80s (rough days, kids are naive tho) I definitely remember that chant.

If it's a rabid fan group they are going to chant. I like they brought back an oldie.

Yeah, I remember that one from the late 80s, early early 90s.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 am

NYBF wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Yeah, I remember that one from the late 80s, early early 90s.

DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions