Division Rival 2017: Carolina Panthers

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Division Rival 2017: Carolina Panthers

Postby Concrete » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:27 pm

I'd like to do one of these for each team if I can since it's the offseason and it'll spark up some discussion, all the while getting to know our division and being aware of some of the moves they've made. Feel free to correct or add anything worth mentioning.

Draft
1. Christian McCaffrey
2. Curtis Samuel, Taylor Moton
3. Daeshon Hall
5. Corn Elder
6. Alex Armah
7. Harrison Butker

Notable Signings
1. Julius Peppers
2. Matt Kalil
3. Captain Munnerlyn
4. Mike Adams

- There were such high expectations for Carolina after their super bowl run and for good reason too. They went 15-1 making it look effortlessly along the way. Now they find themselves picking up the broken pieces and wondering what happened.

Losing McDermott when the defense was in flux could prove to put more weight down on the boot that's constricted their throats. They've had sustained success under Sean frequently taming NFL offenses by yards allowed for four straight seasons, however, last year they came crashing down in yards and points allowed.

Steve Wilks will now be taking over the duties of defensive coordinator, relieving him of assistant head coach for the past two years.

- On offense they're going to be trotting out some fresh legs in McCaffrey and Samuel. These guys are quick, agile and swift with the rock in their hands but the problem is just that. Cam Newton was one of the worst passers when the receiver is five yards out, thus leaving many stumped on why the panthers would disburse two valuable picks on players that would excel in quick passing.

On the other hand, with Shula's atrocious play calling last year, one can see how either one of their two picks could've easily aided any quarterback. If Shula can orchestrate an effective offense by not outsmarting himself, it could be just what the doctor ordered.

The line should hold up on the interior but the tackle position is trash even when it's healthy. Moron is a mauler and could eventually anchor the right side sooner rather than later if Oher's concussion problems persist.

- On the other side of the ball they glaringly have a stout group of men despite last year's slide. The absence of Norman and Tillman was felt but their two rookies filled in adequately considering the cards they were dealt and the challenging transition to the pros.

At safety Coleman will be back at his more comfortable role of FS instead of covering the departure of Harper. Cutting Tre Boston affects depth, acknowledging the bandaid signing of Adams, so one could see them squander a pick next year on the back end.

The trenches were braced by resigning their guys, Short, Johnson and Addison and reinforced by the return of Peppers, who should aid a defense who had the second best sack record.
The linebackers are probably the best unit in the league so nothing to mention there other than Kuechly missing nine games of the past two seasons being concerning.

- These are the guys who took Russel Shepard!

- Carolina will go as far as Cam will take them as I see their defense reasserting itself, even with the departure of McDermott. It will take some time for this offense to take shape because it involves a new offensive attack that Shula might not even be able to compose successfully, without tripping over his playbook. All in all, I could see an 8-8 team who could surpass that record depending on the advancement of the offense.
Concrete

Re: Division Rival 2017: Carolina Panthers

Postby Super K » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:22 pm

**** Carolina...
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Another good write up. Cam Newton is the ultimate wildcard. 2015 everything was clicking for him despite Kelvin Benjamin missing the year and he went on to be league MVP. The scary thing is he has the talent to be that guy every year. The scary thing also is he can be as inconsistent as any QB in the league. I couldn't begin to say which Cam Newton shows up this year. Samuel and McCaffrey should help with some of the speed they lost in Ted Ginn. Greg Olsen is still one of the most productive, reliable TEs in football.

I think their defense will be fine. They have stars who make plays but Keuchly's concussion issues are a big concern. Peppers and Thomas Davis don't appear to be slowing down any time soon.

They are always a tough opponent for us. Both games last year were close, grind it out type games. Hoping some of the size and physicality we brought in on defense will help us contain Newton.
Bootz2004

Postby Buc You » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 pm

TBH, the thing I'm most interested in about Carolina is Kelvin Benjamin's transition to Left Tackle.
Buc You

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Buc You wrote:TBH, the thing I'm most interested in about Carolina is Kelvin Benjamin's transition to Left Tackle.

Tee hee.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby terrytate » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Carolina is a big wild card. We know what the Falcons are and we know what the Saints should be, but who knows how the Panthers will play. Who knows which Cam shows up, given that they have flat out stated they are trying to change his game. Who knows if Keulchy sees the field, or less importantly, Oher.

Defensively speaking, we have a fairly stout middle and fast linebacks to chase down McCaffery. We don't have the size in our DB's to match up with Benjamin but otherwise I think our DB's are on par with their WR's. Olsen will remain a problem though. With as much as we will need to commit to keeping the Cam and the run game in check, we can't cover their WR's without leaving a few holes here and there. Olsen WILL find those holes.

Offensively speaking, I think they are in for a bad time. With Klicky playing, they have the interior defense to match our inside run game and the linebackers to chase down outside runs. If Howard can black as well as I think, we may yet be able to damage with outside runs though. Offtackle, pitches and sweeps look like winners. They definitely don't have the DB's to slow our receivers though. Evans and Jackson will ruin any corner they have one on one and stand a good chance even against safety help. Howard and Brate should punish them. They are going to have to go after Winston, so look for big gains on screens too.

Honestly, I'd favor this Bucs team by 7 even in Carolina. I do reserve the right to change that once we actually see the teams on the field though.
terrytate

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 am

Carolina is a complete WC in that I wouldn't be surprised if they finish 5-11 or win the division at 11-5. They play good-great defense and have an offense that doesn't beat themselves to if they are fortunate with injuries and their young CBs hold up they could be NFCS champs for sure imo.

Defensively they have one of the best front 7's in the NFL and best in the division. Very tough to run against and while they lack an elite pass rusher, they still finished 2nd in the NFL with 47 sacks last season. Great depth along the D-line. If there is a silver lining as a Bucs fan is that their DE's are the types our OTs have had easier time handling. Both Smith and Dotson have preformed MUCH better vs the larger more powerful EDGE rushers while struggling with more athletic/bend the edge types (which most OT's do).

The Panthers have phenomenal trio of LBs also. If Kuechley can avoid injury/concussion that defense will be tough. Davis and Shaq Thompson are no slouches either and allow them to sit in their C-3 underneath zones and make plays.

The secondary is weakest part of the Panther defense. Both starting CBs will be 2nd year players who struggled at times as rookies. They signed vet Captain Munnerlynn in to man the slot and have vets Mike Adams and Kurt Coleman at Safety. None of those guys are game breakers imo, but in the past Carolina has never asked their secondary to play alot of m2m leaving these guys on an island.

On offense the Panthers added alot of juice to that side of the ball with McCaffery and Samuel via the draft. The Panthers offense (like the Bucs) had a tough time creating explosive plays last season. WRs Benjiman and Funchness are huge targets, but will never create much space or provide much RAC. Olsen is stud and imo their most valuable offensive player other than Cam.

Oline was an issue for Carolina season after overachieving in 2015. Oher has had concussion issues and may not return. They signed former top 5 pick LT Matt Kalil who has underperformed in Minnesota and still have perennial pro-bowers Ryan Kalil and Trai Turner at C-RG.

From Bucs perspective I like how we match up against them tbh. They are tough on defense, but I like our match-ups and think we will be able to create space in their zones for Jamies to exploit their secondary. Cam is always a problem, but with the speed we have at LB I'm not that worried about McCaffery. The way to beat Carolina is not let their defense ruin the game with turnovers and make Cam throw it 35+ times b/c we're containing the run game.
DreadNaught

Postby Bucs N Beers » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 am

They have some very talented areas on their team:
DL - The DL has a lot of talent. Period.
LB - Davis is getting older and Kuechly has been injured a bit. But when they are on, they are great.
RB - Stewart is a solid starter, McCaffrey is a promising rookie with juice, Whittaker and Artis-Payne are solid depth
QB - Cam can be great (or crap). Anderson has a history of rocking us.

But they also have some areas that I wouldn't be super comfortable with if I was a fan:
OL- Ryan Kalil is solid, Matt Kalil is garbage. As someone else said, their interior is good but their tackles are toast.
WR - Russell Shepherd might actually be their best technical WR. Benjamin is fat. Samuel is a tweener rookie (though I think he'll be dangerous in the long run), Funchess has been ok.
CB - Bradberry and Worley were ok. I hate Munnerlyn but he's getting older so hopefully he's lost a step. After that it's a bunch of no-names.

Overall - they have talent in some places, but by the time the build up the talent where they are deficient, their current talent will be aging and worn out. One of those teams that can possibly beat you on any given Sunday, but destined to finish the season 8-8 (Hello New Orleans). 2017 NFC South is going to be a 2 horse race.
Bucs N Beers

Postby Concrete » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:45 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Carolina is a complete WC in that I wouldn't be surprised if they finish 5-11 or win the division at 11-5.

They really are, I had to give a prediction being the OP but the offense makes them so unpredictable.

DreadNaught wrote:Defensively they have one of the best front 7's in the NFL and best in the division. Very tough to run against and while they lack an elite pass rusher, they still finished 2nd in the NFL with 47 sacks last season.

The thing about the 47 sacks, though, is 31 came from the line. Blitz packages had to be incorporated by McDermott involving the LB's and D-backs to compensate for the lack of pressure. Should be easier now with Peppers as opposed to Ealy who had the 3rd worst sack percentage in the NFL.
Last edited by Concrete on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Concrete

Postby Caradoc » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:54 pm

I'm not too worried about the Panthers.

First, Keuchly is done. Prior hits have left him concussion prone, and he will get another probably within the first 6 weeks. Maybe the first few games. That concussion will be it and he will retire because of it (whenever that concussion happens(. It's a shame to have that happen to such a great player, but it is what it is. From a competetive standpoint, he is the heart and brain of that D, and it takes a huge step back without him.

Aside from that, on defense overall, what is going to be the biggest factors is how that DL performs. It's not the LB corps that makes that cover 3 run for them, it's the pressure from the front 4. They have talent on that DL, and also Age. If they stay healthy there and avoid age issues, they will still have a solid D, but I no longer see the same kind of dominant unit they had previously

On offense, they appear to be a train wreck. Their OL sucks. Cam is becoming the poster boy for "what happens to running QBs when they can no longer run". Plus he is struggling with concussion issues now too. Their re-tooling of their offense makes little sense. They drafted 2 guys who should be primary weapon, but they are suited for a Brady style QB, or Alex Smith. Quick routes, quick decisions, smart QB play. That is pretty much the opposite of Cam. As he starts to become less of a running QB, he is going to become less of a QB. Importantly also, they are going to need leadership from him more than before and he will never provide that. They probably aren't going to implode on offense, but the slide downhill has already begun and should accelerate as it goes on.

They have been a woefully inconsistent team for a while now, and that is because they have done well with that DL and LB corps talent wise, but they have struggled with leadership. Luke provided a lot of that for them, but Cam has provided the opposite. They have talent, and that works when things are going right, but they lack character, so they struggle with adversity. I think a repeat of last season is about what I expect. Maybe worse.
Caradoc

Postby Nano » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm

The main problem with the Panthers is, like everyone stated, their QB play is really inconsistent.

When we face them, we never know which version of Derek Anderson we'll get. And that makes it hard to predict our games
Nano

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:30 am

I look forward to more of their QB and Coach crying in the media. The head is rotten.

Their good season everything bounced their way. Players played out of their minds. The defense was the real MVP of that team but QBs get the credit so it is what it is.
PanteraCanes

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:50 am

PanteraCanes wrote:I look forward to more of their QB and Coach crying in the media. The head is rotten.

Their good season everything bounced their way. Players played out of their minds. The defense was the real MVP of that team but QBs get the credit so it is what it is.

Cam was league MVP that year. 4500yds Passing+rushing w/ 45 total 10TDs with a 99.4 QB rating all while leading the Panthers to a 15 win season and SB berth.

I'm not saying Cam is without flaw and I've certainly critiqued parts of his game. But he was easily the best player in the NFL that season.

DreadNaught

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 am

DreadNaught wrote:
PanteraCanes wrote:I look forward to more of their QB and Coach crying in the media. The head is rotten.

Cam was league MVP that year. 4500yds Passing+rushing w/ 45 total 10TDs with a 99.4 QB rating all while leading the Panthers to a 15 win season and SB berth.

I'm not saying Cam is without flaw and I've certainly critiqued parts of his game. But he was easily the best player in the NFL that season.

Well, their defense lead the league in takeaways with 39 while the next closest was Arizona with 33.

As far as passing yards he didn't make top 10:
1. Drew Brees • NOR 4870
2. Philip Rivers • SDG 4792
3. Tom Brady • NWE 4770
4. Carson Palmer • ARI 4671
5. Matt Ryan • ATL 4591
6. Eli Manning • NYG 4436
7. Blake Bortles • JAX 4428
8. Matthew Stafford • DET 4262
9. Ryan Tannehill • MIA 4208
10. Kirk Cousins • WAS 4166

Did have an impressive amount of rushing yards for a QB. Adding that in he edges out Blake Bortles including Bortles rushing yards.

Though what I remember most from several games is he really didn't feel like he contributed much, they were about to lose. Then the defense would step up and do something special. Especially Keuchly. Also seem to remember a lot of nothing in production then all of a sudden a pass that Tedd Ginn Jr takes a big chunk of yards

He got the MVP because he had a good year and the team won a lot of games. Though winning games is often a team thing and I felt the defense was a bigger part of that winning.

The next year some of the defense retired (like Tillman), their best CB leaves, and their best defensive player is injured. Resulting in a much different season.

There is a saying that QBs and Coaches get too much credit and too much blame.
PanteraCanes

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:38 pm

PanteraCanes wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Well, their defense lead the league in takeaways with 39 while the next closest was Arizona with 33.

As far as passing yards he didn't make top 10:
1. Drew Brees • NOR 4870
2. Philip Rivers • SDG 4792
3. Tom Brady • NWE 4770
4. Carson Palmer • ARI 4671
5. Matt Ryan • ATL 4591
6. Eli Manning • NYG 4436
7. Blake Bortles • JAX 4428
8. Matthew Stafford • DET 4262
9. Ryan Tannehill • MIA 4208
10. Kirk Cousins • WAS 4166

Did have an impressive amount of rushing yards for a QB. Adding that in he edges out Blake Bortles including Bortles rushing yards.

Though what I remember most from several games is he really didn't feel like he contributed much, they were about to lose. Then the defense would step up and do something special. Especially Keuchly. Also seem to remember a lot of nothing in production then all of a sudden a pass that Tedd Ginn Jr takes a big chunk of yards

He got the MVP because he had a good year and the team won a lot of games. Though winning games is often a team thing and I felt the defense was a bigger part of that winning.

The next year some of the defense retired (like Tillman), their best CB leaves, and their best defensive player is injured. Resulting in a much different season.

There is a saying that QBs and Coaches get too much credit and too much blame.

Like Dread said the disrespect is real. But this is downright stupidity and stubbornness. Convince me how a guy who had 4500 yards and 45 TDs "didn't contribute much" to his teams success. You took 1 metric to try and make a case then you refuted your own claim by saying he got chunk yards. Everyone of those guys got chunk plays.
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 am

I said it last offseason:

Doctor wrote:Some of you put way to much stock in the preseason. It's hilarious.

Thursday night's game is the biggest one. I think it can make of break the Panthers season. Ron Rivera has never had back to back winning seasons, and imo a lot of the Panthers success last year came off riding a massive wave of undefeated momentum. If they can beat the Broncos, their schedule is set up so they can gain some speed and momentum up early again this year. A loss, however, could make that into expectations and mental pressure. Especially to a no name QB. Follow that up with what could be a dangerous trap game against a Chip Kelly 9ers team that no one really knows much about? Could set up an 0-2 start for them. I was very impressed with the mental toughness shown by the Seahawks locker room last year after their 0-2 start, but the Panthers? IDK

And I'll say it again. I don't trust the Panthers, I don't trust Ron, I don't trust that locker room, and I sure as hell don't trust Cam's mental toughness. They get a lucky break with what should be a mismatched 49ers team to open the season. But week 1 is always filled with all kinds of juice that game can break either way. And like last year, imo, their whole season will be summarized by that game. If they lose to the 9ers week one you can bet there will be huge rumblings immediately after that will set a bad tone all season. If they win and beat the Bills the following week, they can get feed off of that and end up 12-4. Like everyone here has said, they are the WC.
Doctor

Postby tjax03 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:38 am

How is grandpa peppers still in the league.

Munnerlin was a good pickup.

Cam still doesn't scare me. His mechanics are awful and he doesn't have the attitude to change his habits. You can get into his head easy.

I predict them or the falcons to come last in the division next year. Panthers may be looking for a new qb in the 2018 draft
tjax03

Postby Super K » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 am

tjax03 wrote:Panthers may be looking for a new qb in the 2018 draft

This is just plain silliness..

I'm no Cam fan (**** Cam Newton) but there is NO way the Panthers decide to say good bye to a guy 2 years removed from a league MVP, who has the strongest arm in the league and is a physical mismatch against any defender of the field..

You don't move on from that..you move on from an OC who doesn't allow that QB a chance to win games and/or you surround that QB with weapons to fit his skillset..
Super K

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 am

Super K wrote:

I'm no Cam fan (**** Cam Newton) but there is NO way the Panthers decide to say good bye to a guy 2 years removed from a league MVP, who has the strongest arm in the league and is a physical mismatch against any defender of the field..

You don't move on from that..you move on from an OC who doesn't allow that QB a chance to win games and/or you surround that QB with weapons to fit his skillset..

You can't expect anything else from a casual fan like tjax quite honestly. But you're absolutely right. There has never been a player like him and won't be another for a while. Is he elite? No. But he can play and from what I've seen he's not holding Carolina back.
Bootz2004

Postby Doctor » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Super K wrote:

Doctor

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Doctor wrote:
Super K wrote:

If you're trying to make the point I think you are, it's an incredibly stupid naive point. Peyton won MVP for the 2013 season then was done 2 years later in 2015. Considering he was 37 and 39 in those respective years and also knew he was playing on borrowed time with his neck injury, it's not far fetched to see why he was done.

Cam Newton is 28 now. Younger than a lot of QBs in this league. You don't move on from a 28 year old freak of nature who was league MVP 2 years ago. It's remarkable that you don't understand this point.
Bootz2004

Postby real bucs fan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Cam is one of the most overrated players in the game, but how would the Panthers go about getting someone better?
real bucs fan

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in NFL history (47)
Most passing yards by a quarterback in first two games (854), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers
Most games in NFL history with a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown (32)
Most player of the week awards in a single season (5) tied with Tom Brady
First player in NFL history and most games with at least 250 passing yards, 100 rushing yards, 1 passing touchdown, and 1 rushing touchdown in a single game (2)
Most games in single season with at least one passing touchdown and one rushing touchdown (8)
Only player in NFL history with at least 30 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing touchdowns in same season
Most rushing touchdowns in single season by a quarterback (14), achieved on December 4, 2011 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Most combined yards in a player’s first five seasons (21,560)
First quarterback and fifth player in NFL history with at least 500 rushing yards, 5 rushing touchdowns, and 4.8 yards a carry in 5 consecutive NFL seasons
First quarterback in NFL history to win both NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and NFL MVP at some point in his career.
Most passing yards by a quarterback in debut game (422), September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals
First quarterback in NFL history to pass for more than 400 yards in first two career starts, September 11, 2011 vs. Arizona Cardinals and September 18, 2011 vs. Green Bay Packers
Fastest player to throw for 1,000 yards (at Arizona Cardinals, vs. Green Bay Packers, and vs. Jacksonville Jaguars)
Sixth quarterback to throw for 400+ yards in back to back games
First player in NFL history with at least five rushing touchdowns and five passing touchdowns in his first five games
Twenty-fifth NFL player (and first quarterback) to have 20 rushing touchdowns in first two seasons
First player to have 30 passing touchdowns and 20 rushing touchdowns in first two seasons
First player in NFL history with 50 passing touchdowns and 25 rushing touchdowns in his first three seasons
First player in NFL history with 4,000+ passing yards and 10+ rushing touchdowns in a season
First player in NFL history with 4,000+ passing yards and 500+ rushing yards in a season
First quarterback in NFL history with 100+ pass touchdowns and 25+ rush touchdowns in first five seasons
First quarterback in NFL history with multiple seasons of 20+ passing touchdowns and 10+ rushing touchdowns in a season
First player in NFL history with 10,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards in his first three seasons
First player in NFL history with 10,000 passing yards and 2,000 rushing yards in his first four seasons
First player in NFL history to have at least 3,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards in five consecutive seasons
First quarterback in NFL history to rush for 100+ yards and pass for 300+ yards with 5 touchdowns in a single game (December 20, 2015).
First player in NFL history with 100+ rush yards and 5 pass touchdowns in a single game
First player with 3,500 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing touchdowns in a single season (2011, 2015)
First quarterback in NFL history with 10+ rushing touchdowns in multiple NFL seasons (2011, 2015)
Fifth quarterback in NFL history with 3+ games with 5+ touchdown passes in a season
Fourth quarterback to win 17+ straight regular season starts in the Super Bowl era
Most games in NFL history with at least 200 passing yards and 80 rushing yards with multiple touchdown passes and a rushing touchdown (4 games)
3rd quarterback in NFL history with 2+ passing touchdowns and 1+ rushing touchdown
2nd quarterback in NFL history with 3+ passing touchdowns and 1+ rushing touchdown
Most touchdown passes from a player from Auburn
First starting quarterback to win the NFC South in consecutive seasons (2013–2015)
Second player in NFL history with 7,500+ pass yards and 40+ pass touchdowns in first two seasons, joining Peyton Manning ('99)
First quarterback in NFL history to earn a comeback victory when trailing in overtime
3rd quarterback in NFL history to pass for over 3.000 yards in his first five seasons
2nd most 5+ touchdown games in a single season (3)
2nd quarterback with 300+ passing yards and 100+ rushing yards in a single game
First player in Super Bowl era to pass for 300 yards and rush for multiple touchdowns in a playoff game
Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in his first four seasons

Yea, so overrated....

Also 1 of 3 rookies QBs EVER to pass for 4000 yards and 20 TDs. The other 2 being Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston.
Bootz2004

Postby Caradoc » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:Most combined yards in a player’s first five seasons (21,560)

Interestingly, if Jameis just continues at his current pace, he'll beat that particular record. (not arguing any particular point with that, just that it caught my eye)
Caradoc

Postby Nano » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:15 pm

First quarterback in NFL history to win both NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and NFL MVP at some point in his career.

Wow really?
Nano

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Nano wrote:

Wow really?

That surprised me as well but the 1st time I heard it was when he won his MVP award. Matt Ryan became the 2nd QB to do so. But since the award came into effect in 1967 only 6 QBs have been named ROTY. 5 of them coming in the last 13 years.
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Caradoc wrote:

Interestingly, if Jameis just continues at his current pace, he'll beat that particular record. (not arguing any particular point with that, just that it caught my eye)

Yep. Jameis is the 1st QB to throw for 4,000 yards in his 1st 2 seasons. So he definitely could surpass that record and some others.
Bootz2004

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:09 pm

My post on Cam last year unleashed a firestorm on him.
mdb1958

Postby Concrete » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:00 pm

I thought this was the list?

Most combined yards in first five seasons

1) Peyton Manning - 21,174
2) Matt Ryan - 19,457
3) Dan Marino - 19,428
4) Cam Newton - 19,160
Last edited by Concrete on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Concrete

Postby Bootz2004 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Concrete wrote:

I thought this was the list?

Most combined yards in first five seasons

1) Peyton Manning - 21,174
2) Matt Ryan - 19,457
3) Dan Marino - 19,428
4) Cam Newton - 19,160

You're not including rushing or receiving yards. Key word: COMBINED
Bootz2004

Next

Return to Team Discussions