Hi everyone. I'm new here.

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Hi everyone. I'm new here.

Postby Ghostrap » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:39 pm

I look forward to put my 2 cents in later. So far I have us drafting a LOLB with our 1st pick. Hopefully a guy like Bruce Irvin. He could play DE on passing downs where LOLBs usually come off of the field. Round 4, a backup QB with Prescott, Cousins potential. If we lose him later to FA, it could still be a 4th well spent in my opinion. Griffin and Renfree were undrafted free agents. A bit scary to bet the whole season on if Winston were to hit IR.

For rounds 2 & 3, I prefer a FS like Tanard Jackson, Dashon Goldson. A thumper and ball jarer. It is missing with Conte, leaving us very vulnerable. The other position to upgrade this year would be WR. Let's get another speed demon like Desean Jackson. Jackson could help mentor him. And our pick would be a good #3 option to throw to.

Feel free to chime in with your picks. Or I'll just catch them when I look over posts in the upcoming days.

Go Bucs.
There are people everywhere who want to be the only one to speak. So I just ignore them. Literally.
Ghostrap

Re: Hi everyone. I'm new here.

Postby Corsair » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Welcome!
Corsair

Postby Cheb » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Always encouraging to see new posters. The community here is top notch, best Bucs discussion on the internet.

Don't let some people here turn you off. We can come on a little strong sometimes. This is a board of firm opinions and very long memories. Just remember, we are all Bucs fans

Welcome to the board, friend.
Cheb

Postby MJW » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Welcome, friend. If you're ever confused about what to think on a particular issue, be sure to listen to Bootz. He's the smartest guy here - just ask him!

Also, I love MDB, but if he starts to make perfect sense to you, you need to stop drinking. Or start.
MJW

Postby RedLeader » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 am

Aloha.
RedLeader

Postby Babeinbucland » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 am

Welcome to the board Ghostrap! Always great to have new posters!
Babeinbucland

Postby sanka » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:49 am

Ghostrap wrote:I look forward to put my 2 cents in later. So far I have us drafting a LOLB with our 1st pick. Hopefully a guy like Bruce Irvin. He could play DE on passing downs where LOLBs usually come off of the field. Round 4, a backup QB with Prescott, Cousins potential. If we lose him later to FA, it could still be a 4th well spent in my opinion. Griffin and Renfree were undrafted free agents. A bit scary to bet the whole season on if Winston were to hit IR.

For rounds 2 & 3, I prefer a FS like Tanard Jackson, Dashon Goldson. A thumper and ball jarer. It is missing with Conte, leaving us very vulnerable. The other position to upgrade this year would be WR. Let's get another speed demon like Desean Jackson. Jackson could help mentor him. And our pick would be a good #3 option to throw to.

Feel free to chime in with your picks. Or I'll just catch them when I look over posts in the upcoming days.

Go Bucs.

Welcome!

But that is not a good way to welcome yourself in the zone by mentioning if Winston were to hit the IR.
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:52 am

sanka wrote:
Ghostrap wrote:I look forward to put my 2 cents in later. So far I have us drafting a LOLB with our 1st pick. Hopefully a guy like Bruce Irvin. He could play DE on passing downs where LOLBs usually come off of the field. Round 4, a backup QB with Prescott, Cousins potential. If we lose him later to FA, it could still be a 4th well spent in my opinion. Griffin and Renfree were undrafted free agents. A bit scary to bet the whole season on if Winston were to hit IR.

Go Bucs.

Welcome!

But that is not a good way to welcome yourself in the zone by mentioning if Winston were to hit the IR.

As you'll come to see, Ghostrap, if Jameis Winston had corn for dinner last night, Sanka will be the first to know.
MJW

Postby Pewterslimsme » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 am

He mentioned a WVU Mountaineer...I like him.
Pewterslimsme

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:26 am

Pewterslimsme wrote:He mentioned a WVU Mountaineer...I like him.

Did somebody say Mountaineer?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:29 am

Welcome.. Alot of this community goes back 10+ years back to the original 'Official' Bucs message board on the team website (before it shut down for renovations, we're still waiting for 'next fall')

I agree on your draft take and made a case for Hassan Reddick last week. It doesn't seem like he'll be there at 19 at this point, but if he is I think it would be tremendous pick in terms of value (BPA+Need) since he's essentially 2 players in 1 that can be the SLB in our base 4-3 as well as rush the QB w/ his hand in the dirt in passing situations like he did in college.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:31 am

DreadNaught wrote:Welcome.. Alot of this community goes back 10+ years back to the original 'Official' Bucs message board on the team website (before it shut down for renovations, we're still waiting for 'next fall')

I agree on your draft take and made a case for Hassan Reddick last week. It doesn't seem like he'll be there at 19 at this point, but if he is I think it would be tremendous pick in terms of value (BPA+Need) since he's essentially 2 players in 1 that can be the SLB in our base 4-3 as well as rush the QB w/ his hand in the dirt in passing situations like he did in college.

I still don't quite get it, unless like DN says, we're going to use him as a nickel rusher/SAM and we think he can provide enough value in that role to justify the selection.

But FWIW it really does not sound like he'll be there at #19. He's one of those guys that all the scouts seem to be hot for.
MJW

Postby Super K » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:33 am

Welcome Ghost...

Couple of things..

STAY AWAY from the political forum..trust me..

OT is fun and has some great threads and even better pics ;)..

Be sure to hop over to the college/draft section...folks around here are passionate about their teams/affiliations (tomahawk chop) and highly knowledgeable regarding prospects..some of the best player discussion you'll find anywhere..
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 am

MJW wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Welcome.. Alot of this community goes back 10+ years back to the original 'Official' Bucs message board on the team website (before it shut down for renovations, we're still waiting for 'next fall')

I still don't quite get it, unless like DN says, we're going to use him as a nickel rusher/SAM and we think he can provide enough value in that role to justify the selection.

But FWIW it really does not sound like he'll be there at #19. He's one of those guys that all the scouts seem to be hot for.

I agree a 2-down LB is not enough value at 19, and I don't want to draft a player at 19 that would potentially force Kwon or LVD off the field when we have other areas we can address.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:47 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Pewterslimsme wrote:He mentioned a WVU Mountaineer...I like him.

Did somebody say Mountaineer?

Seems anyone can pass as a Mountaineer nowadays.
NYBF

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:56 am

Super K wrote:Welcome Ghost...

Couple of things..

STAY AWAY from the political forum..trust me..

OT is fun and has some great threads and even better pics ;)..

Be sure to hop over to the college/draft section...folks around here are passionate about their teams/affiliations (tomahawk chop) and highly knowledgeable regarding prospects..some of the best player discussion you'll find anywhere..

GET YOUR ASS TO THE POLITICAL FORUMS RIGHT NOW - A TWO PAGE RUNDOWN OF YOUR FULL POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY IS MANDATORY :cussingblack:

edit: WELCOME :D :D :D
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
beardmcdoug

Postby CamCam » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:14 am

When do we bully the new kid? My pager isn't working
CamCam

Postby Naismith » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 am

Welcome to the forum. :)
Naismith

Postby BucaRican » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:30 am

MJW wrote:Welcome, friend. If you're ever confused about what to think on a particular issue, be sure to listen to Bootz. He's the smartest guy here - just ask him!

Also, I love MDB, but if he starts to make perfect sense to you, you need to stop drinking. Or start.

This and if you ever had a medical need he a certified WikiMD professional. So if you develop any kind of ailment feel free to send him a PM.
BucaRican

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:01 am

one piece of advise.. and this will save you a TON of time over the years. if you choose to read a post by mdb, only read it once. no matter how many times you read it again it'll never make sense.
Noles1724

Postby Doctor » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:30 am

Is this where we line up for our free Thank You?

Welcome to the board.
Doctor

Postby acaton » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:41 am

Go Bucs.

I know where you can get a T-shirt and your sig permit.

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

Postby ComingThisFall » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:46 am

Noles1724 wrote:one piece of advise.. and this will save you a TON of time over the years. if you choose to read a post by mdb, only read it once. no matter how many times you read it again it'll never make sense.

So True. Lmao
ComingThisFall

Postby Caradoc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 am

On that note, you should probably just ignore anything by Patty McIrish as well.
Caradoc

Postby Heidguy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Sup brah
Heidguy

Postby terrytate » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 pm

We're just biding our time her until the Official Bucs board opens. That's rumored to happen this fall.
terrytate

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:12 pm

This is clearly a spam account. Who comes in and says "I have us drafting a LOLB like Bruce Irvin"? Software is getting smart!
Bootz2004

Postby Swashy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 pm

You people make me sick.

No one....... NO ONE has yet asked the newbie if they've been in a Turkish prison or of they like gladiator movies.

I hope you bastards never get your t-shirts
Swashy

Postby bearlandbucfan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Swashy wrote:You people make me sick.

No one....... NO ONE has yet asked the newbie if they've been in a Turkish prison or of they like gladiator movies.

Yes, I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.
bearlandbucfan

Postby Swashy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 pm

bearlandbucfan wrote:
Swashy wrote:You people make me sick.

Yes, I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Shhhh the young blood can't know the "safe word" THAT quickly. Then again I guess he has to if he's ever around Alpha. Good call, Bear. I probably should've warned him.
Swashy

Next

Return to Team Discussions