Bucs on Hard Knocks 2017

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Bucs on Hard Knocks 2017

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:41 pm

pewterpirates wrote:
Buc2 wrote:
What comments? I must have missed them.

Skip Bayless took several shots at Dirk Koetter and the entire Bucs' staff last week. Most of it was the typical Skip Bayless nonsense. I still don't know how anyone watches the crap TV shows he's on.

Bayless, however, said he hasn't liked what he's seen of Koetter's coaching staff on "Hard Knocks" -- Koetter has been blunt and direct with his players, especially Winston, letting expletives fly and not changing his approach just because HBO's cameras are all around the team during training camp and preseason.

"I don't love this coaching staff," Bayless said. "Forgive me for saying this. Sometimes you get the bird's eye view and you get to see too much. Maybe they're mugging for the cameras, maybe they're acting out of character, but the whole staff seems a little high schoolish to me. They all seem a little in over their heads. Dirk Koetter has bounced around, in college football and pro football, got fired at Arizona State, then was a coordinator at Jacksonville, then in Atlanta, finally at Tampa Bay, sort of inherited the job, rose into the job when Lovie Smith got fired. He's not convincing. As convincing as Jameis is, this guy is unconvincing. He's very hard on Jameis in practice ... I don't like a head coach who's constantly all over his quarterback in practice. It's too hard a position to play. Do that behind closed doors. Don't mug for the cameras. I don't love it."

"It feels like Dirk Koetter is insecure enough as the head coach that he's trying to point the finger constantly at Jameis, planting excuses in case of: 'Don't blame me. He still makes these dumb throws.' Dirk Koetter isn't good enough to do that," Bayless said. "As much as I like this team on the verge, I think the coaching staff is going to present a ceiling for this team. That's just my gut feeling: They might limit how far this team can go."

I seriously don't understand what Dirk moving around has to do with any-damn-thing. Belichick moved around a lot, too, before New England. Does that mean he sucks? Like I said, typical Skip Bayless BS.

Yep typical Skip.
PrimeMinister

Postby BacksidePursuit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Keeping Bobo over Dye makes me sad.
BacksidePursuit

Postby I Are Serious Poster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:07 pm

BacksidePursuit wrote:Keeping Bobo over Dye makes me sad.

Bobo obviously doesn't respond well to adversity and he didn't show me anything at FSU that made me miss him when he graduated and I certainly didn't anticipate him coming anywhere close to an NFL roster, even PS. You can say that Dye won't contribute any more on the field than Bobo will, but why not keep the guy that brings a better attitude into the locker room? I really hate this move, and I'm an FSU alum.
I Are Serious Poster

Postby Bootz2004 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:09 pm

BacksidePursuit wrote:Keeping Bobo over Dye makes me sad.

Me too but I get it. Dye is what he is. We've seen him now for a few years and his upside isn't that great in this system. Time to move on. Godwin has more upside. Reedy does as well. Bobo might as he's a rookie. Dye' s ceiling is a #4 or #5 WR.
Bootz2004

Postby Caradoc » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:40 pm

I'm not a big college football guy so I don't know Bobo from that, but from what little I've seen of him here, he does seem to be visibly better than the other guys on the fringe. He seems to flow better and is more instinctive. And while his attitude sucks, he does seem to compete on the field. Got a little bit of Keyshawn in him that way.

Again, this is based on a very small sample size, so grain of salt an all that.
Caradoc

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Caradoc wrote:Catching up due to move, just watching episode 4. Who knew Babeinbucland was Doug Martin's mom?

So proud of my son!
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:06 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Bobo is an idiot, I mean legit dumb. I don't know if he's entitled or just ignorant tbh. Probably a lot of both.

Good riddance to McNichols, do not want soft dudes like that. Hope he figures out **** isn't owed to him.

I hope they both feel embarrassed and humiliated watching how they were portrayed. But I bet both of them are way to arrogant and ignorant to even get it.
Babeinbucland

Postby Selmon Rules » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:33 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:
Skip Bayless took several shots at Dirk Koetter and the entire Bucs' staff last week. Most of it was the typical Skip Bayless nonsense. I still don't know how anyone watches the crap TV shows he's on.

I seriously don't understand what Dirk moving around has to do with any-damn-thing. Belichick moved around a lot, too, before New England. Does that mean he sucks? Like I said, typical Skip Bayless BS.

Yep typical Skip.

I liked it when Skip was on First Take with SAS, only had to ignore one show to miss them both....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby paco74 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Bobo is an idiot, I mean legit dumb. I don't know if he's entitled or just ignorant tbh. Probably a lot of both.

Good riddance to McNichols, do not want soft dudes like that. Hope he figures out **** isn't owed to him.

I hope they both feel embarrassed and humiliated watching how they were portrayed. But I bet both of them are way to arrogant and ignorant to even get it.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit that McNichols took advice from Snoop. "If they don't put you on the 53, F'em and go somewhere else."

Bobo, at the very least, wants to go out there and show what he can do. Hot head and over confidence aside, he wants to ball. I'll take that over McNichols any day.
paco74

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:22 am

Selmon Rules wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Yep typical Skip.

I liked it when Skip was on First Take with SAS, only had to ignore one show to miss them both....

first part of your post I'm like "it doesn't matter what show he's on and sure as hell not with SAS".. then I kept reading and it made perfect sense.

those two are the biggest clowns
Noles1724

Postby Buc2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:32 am

pewterpirates wrote:
Buc2 wrote:
What comments? I must have missed them.

Bayless, however, said he hasn't liked what he's seen of Koetter's coaching staff on "Hard Knocks" -- Koetter has been blunt and direct with his players, especially Winston, letting expletives fly and not changing his approach just because HBO's cameras are all around the team during training camp and preseason.

"I don't love this coaching staff," Bayless said. "Forgive me for saying this. Sometimes you get the bird's eye view and you get to see too much. Maybe they're mugging for the cameras, maybe they're acting out of character, but the whole staff seems a little high schoolish to me. They all seem a little in over their heads. Dirk Koetter has bounced around, in college football and pro football, got fired at Arizona State, then was a coordinator at Jacksonville, then in Atlanta, finally at Tampa Bay, sort of inherited the job, rose into the job when Lovie Smith got fired. He's not convincing. As convincing as Jameis is, this guy is unconvincing. He's very hard on Jameis in practice ... I don't like a head coach who's constantly all over his quarterback in practice. It's too hard a position to play. Do that behind closed doors. Don't mug for the cameras. I don't love it."

"It feels like Dirk Koetter is insecure enough as the head coach that he's trying to point the finger constantly at Jameis, planting excuses in case of: 'Don't blame me. He still makes these dumb throws.' Dirk Koetter isn't good enough to do that," Bayless said. "As much as I like this team on the verge, I think the coaching staff is going to present a ceiling for this team. That's just my gut feeling: They might limit how far this team can go."

Thanks for posting this.

While Skippy is certainly entitled to his opinion, so am I, and, imo, Skippy is an idiot.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:23 am

Buc2 wrote:
pewterpirates wrote:

Thanks for posting this.

While Skippy is certainly entitled to his opinion, so am I, and, imo, Skippy is an idiot.

Agreed
Super K

Postby Miller4Prez64 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 am

Skip Bayless thinks he's some sort of sports psychologist and it's funny.
Miller4Prez64

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 am

I'm going to miss this show. Hopefully we get Amazon's "All of Nothing" show as well this year.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:34 am

What team is doing the All or Nothing this year on Amazon? Is there one?
DreadNaught

Postby Teitan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 am

DreadNaught wrote:What team is doing the All or Nothing this year on Amazon? Is there one?

Haven't announced. But the last one didn't do as well. That's what happens when you pick the Rams.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:57 am

DreadNaught wrote:What team is doing the All or Nothing this year on Amazon? Is there one?

They never announce it until after the season is already over. The Rams were on both Hard Knocks and All of Nothing last year so hopefully AON follows the same formula and we get to see this season next summer.
PrimeMinister

Postby Doctor » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Chill out. Bobo made the PS, some of you acting like he's on the 53.
It's clear some of you have never coached or trained youths before. A **** attitude is something that is just as coachable as anything else, in fact, it's the best coaches that get through. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't appreciate what he has, but that's hardly a reason to smack it all out of his hands and say GTFO. Like a wild colt he needs to be broken, and if he is he can turn into a great asset. Which is why the coaches decided to keep him. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. Maybe it takes getting cut to get through to him ala Chris Carter. Maybe just thinking he wasn't going to make it (and packing up and going to Miami) was enough. Maybe nothing will ever get through. Who knows. But I'm not about to pass judgment on his future as a player or a man off of 20 minutes of a TV show.
Doctor

Previous

Return to Team Discussions