Bucs on Hard Knocks 2017

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Bucs on Hard Knocks 2017

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 am

real bucs fan wrote:
I think we are very fortunate to have the coaching staff we have, because the thought of our front office drinking pints at a bar as they construct our franchise is a tad frightening. "I need another, this glass has a hole in it!" :roll:

Most Canadian thing you've ever said.
uscbucsfan

Postby Doctor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:36 am

What was the cake?

People now acting like Martin doesn't deserve the heat he's getting. He deserves every last degree of that hot seat. I don't care if he's doing P90X with Eddie Lacy and is looking fab. He better produce. Get that average over 4 yards again. Everything else doesn't matter.
Doctor

Postby NYBF » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:36 am

real bucs fan wrote:
-Jason Licht kind of seems like a dufus. I think we are very fortunate to have the coaching staff we have, because the thought of our front office drinking pints at a bar as they construct our franchise is a tad frightening. "I need another, this glass has a hole in it!" :roll:

Narrator: Doing anything you want is the best part of summer. [camera cuts to the outside of the bar] But once camp starts, you only get to do that on your day off.

https://youtu.be/5iVJwU3tUF0?t=28m42s
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:37 am

Doctor wrote:What was the cake?

People now acting like Martin doesn't deserve the heat he's getting. He deserves every last degree of that hot seat. I don't care if he's doing P90X with Eddie Lacy and is looking fab. He better produce. Get that average over 4 yards again. Everything else doesn't matter.

Isn't that the reality for EVERY player in the NFL?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 am

The cake is NSFW...google it.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 am

I watched it on HBO GO last night. First time I've ever watched an episode of Hard Knocks. I throughly enjoyed it. I'm sure that was mostly because it was the Bucs, of course. :D

The most complelling segments, imo, were the interactions between Koetter & Winston... Both the office talk, "As far as doing too much, I want to have a good understanding of how much is doing too much?" and the ass chewing at practice.

All in all, it was a lot of fun seeing a little of the "away from football" stuff. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Doctor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:54 am

"WHAT WE SAY ABOUT DOUBLE COVERAGE?"
"Uh, lob the ball into it..."
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

The cake is NSFW...google it.

Oh my!
Doctor

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:
I think we are very fortunate to have the coaching staff we have, because the thought of our front office drinking pints at a bar as they construct our franchise is a tad frightening. "I need another, this glass has a hole in it!" :roll:

I guess the fact he's only drinking American beer makes it okay. Not like you can even get drunk off that pee water.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 am

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I guess the fact he's only drinking American beer makes it okay. Not like you can even get drunk off that pee water.

I can name you a 100 American beers that I've had that will kick your ass.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:25 am

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

I can name you a 100 American beers that I've had that will kick your ass.

Most Americans need chasers when they come up here and drink our beer. :D
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:31 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I can name you a 100 American beers that I've had that will kick your ass.

Right. Because it tastes like ****.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 am

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

Right. Because it tastes like ****.

It's called flavour. Though I understand you guys need to stay hydrated down there.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 am

real bucs fan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Right. Because it tastes like ****.

It's called flavour. Though I understand you guys need to stay hydrated down there.

We call that, craft beer, where there are plenty of different "flavours" to take your pick from. I had a bourbon stout the other day that you could "feel" after just drinking one.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Buc2 wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

We call that, craft beer, where there are plenty of different "flavours" to take your pick from. I had a bourbon stout the other day that you could "feel" after just drinking one.

Goose Island?
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:00 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Right. Because it tastes like ****.

Are you even old enough to drink?

Anyways, it's 2017 and the craft beer has taken over to the point it's sold in many gas stations. So the 'shitty American beer' stereotype died quite a few years ago.
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:05 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

Are you even old enough to drink?

Anyways, it's 2017 and the craft beer has taken over to the point it's sold in many gas stations. So the 'shitty American beer' stereotype died quite a few years ago.

Well I'm old enough to remember going down to the states and drinking about 30 beers over the course of a day/evening and being damn near sober.
real bucs fan

Postby .irishHITMAN4rent » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:07 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Are you even old enough to drink?

Well I'm old enough to remember going down to the states and drinking about 30 beers over the course of a day/evening and being damn near sober.

Irish beer beats anything y'all have over on the other side of the Atlantic :drinkingcheers:

On a side note...... i thought Hard knocks was great
.irishHITMAN4rent

Postby Swashy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Slowly, slowly slugging along watching bits and pieces of the Bucs Hard Knocks premier and all I can say so far is Jameis is such a lovable damn goof.
Swashy

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:20 pm

.irishHITMAN4rent wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:

Irish beer beats anything y'all have over on the other side of the Atlantic :drinkingcheers:

It's cute that you think that, but it's not true. Ever since the craft beer boom here, we have everything that any country has to offer and many more. There are limitless variations, flavors, ABV levels, etc.
uscbucsfan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:25 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
.irishHITMAN4rent wrote:

It's cute that you think that, but it's not true. Ever since the craft beer boom here, we have everything that any country has to offer and many more. There are limitless variations, flavors, ABV levels, etc.

It's cute that Americans think they invented craft beer.
real bucs fan

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:33 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I never said that. I've been all over the world. I lived in the UK for 4+ years and Germany for 2. The craft beer we have is the best, because we have the most selections. The same couldn't be said before 2010.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:36 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Who said that?
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:37 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:It's cute that Americans think they invented craft beer.

I never said that. I've been all over the world. I lived in the UK for 4+ years and Germany for 2. The craft beer we have is the best, because we have the most selections. The same couldn't be said before 2010.

I think you've had a few too many this afternoon :lol:

I kid, I kid
real bucs fan

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:40 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:It's cute that Americans think they invented craft beer.

Yup this

" U.S. now has more beer styles (150+) and brands (20,000+) to choose from than any other market in the world."
Phantom Phenom

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I think you've had a few too many this afternoon :lol:

I kid, I kid

Only 1 at lunch :)

Seriously, "American" beer is all most countries think we have...and until our craft beer boom was mostly true. Things have changed. Many places that are traditionally thought of as "great beer countries" are stuck brewing a variation of the same 4-5 beers that they've had for a hundred years.

I do take my beer seriously as you would see if you ever drop in on the beer thread or the Friday drinking thread. If any country had better beer than America, I would have no issue backing them.
uscbucsfan

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:54 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I think you've had a few too many this afternoon :lol:

I kid, I kid

Seriously, "American" beer is all most countries think we have...and until our craft beer boom was mostly true. Things have changed. Many places that are traditionally thought of as "great beer countries" are stuck brewing a variation of the same 4-5 beers that they've had for a hundred years.

I do take my beer seriously as you would see if you ever drop in on the beer thread or the Friday drinking thread. If any country had better beer than America, I would have no issue backing them.

is that not what thread we're currently in?
Noles1724

Postby Swashy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Man.... take this beer discussion to an alcohol thread unless we're gonna include bacon. You don't play football without a QB and you don't talk about food without the inclusion of bacon here. I can't believe we've been a community THIS long and we don't know the ground rules yet. If I were to say "you people" right now I'd be using that term loosely. You're not people. You're freaking unrefined, lawless savages without an ounce of respect for bacon.

Savages!
Swashy

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:I think you've had a few too many this afternoon :lol:

I kid, I kid

Craft brewing has been a way of life in Ontario and Quebec for as long as I can remember. We definitely have good ones up here. Next time I'm down in the states though I'll be sure to put your claims to the test!
real bucs fan

Postby real bucs fan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Swashy wrote:Man.... take this beer discussion to an alcohol thread unless we're gonna include bacon. You don't play football without a QB and you don't talk about food without the inclusion of bacon here. I can't believe we've been a community THIS long and we don't know the ground rules yet. If I were to say "you people" right now I'd be using that term loosely. You're not people. You're freaking unrefined, lawless savages without an ounce of respect for bacon.

Savages!

Bacon is the bud light of food.
real bucs fan

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions