Bucs on Hard Knocks 2017

Team Discussions regarding games, players, coaches, or anything else related to Buccaneer Football.
Re: Bucs on Hard Knocks 2017

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:56 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Listening to that PC (and the other recent ones) just reminded me of what a horrible fate it is for us to be stuck with Jenna Laine.

She was the reporter who got McCoy to open up in that press conference the other day.

Jenna has got better over the years. But imho GMC was going to open up on that regardless, the question she asked was pretty generic.

Like all beat writers I really just value their access. They are not analysts
DreadNaught

Postby Patrick McIrish » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Either way, whoever wins the kicker job will be ready to roll for the regular season which will help win games (thanks Hardknocks :P )

Where do you derive this opinion from, just curious?
Patrick McIrish

Postby Patrick McIrish » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Hardknocks in town so it's a lock our kicker is going to come out guns blazing?

I'm used to simpletons but please tell me there's more to your opinion than that......

I think the Bucs are GREAT!!!
Patrick McIrish

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Either way, whoever wins the kicker job will be ready to roll for the regular season which will help win games (thanks Hardknocks :P )

Where do you derive this opinion from, just curious?

It's more from the perspective if Aguayo wins the job since Folk is already an established 80+% veteran kicker.

Hardknocks will add another layer of scrutiny in that 4m more eyeballs will be tracking the Aguayo/Folk camp battle instead of just the local area.

One of the biggest mistakes we made with Aguayo (besides trading up in rd 2 to draft him) was handing him the job with NO competition last season. I'm a believer that kicking is mental (similar to golf) and our staff screwed up by not making sure the kid was ready. It was obvious early in TC last season for those that followed closely.

With some real competition against an NFL vet (Folk) who we guaranteed 750k to at least Aguayo will have to have his **** together and actually make kicks in order to make the team. So the more people that Aguayo knows are watching the better. It's impossible to duplicate regular season intensity in TC and preseason. But competition for your job and 4 million additional viewers helps supplement so the come the regular season Aguayo will be ready. Or he'll be unemployed.
DreadNaught

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Patrick McIrish wrote:Hardknocks in town so it's a lock our kicker is going to come out guns blazing?

I'm used to simpletons but please tell me there's more to your opinion than that......

I think the Bucs are GREAT!!!

Oh lordy here we go
Noles1724

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:42 am

I don't think competition is unique in the NFL. And certainly Hardknocks has no exclusive on it.

Also, and you heard this last season from me, as long as soft tits is the GM here, Aguayo is here......

I appreciate the window painting for the casuals but there is no competition here - Aguayo will be our kicker.

He will get better but he will never be worth what we paid for him.......

Sort of like those college grads and Kenda back in the old days. :mrgreen:
Patrick McIrish

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 am

Patrick McIrish wrote:I don't think competition is unique in the NFL. And certainly Hardknocks has no exclusive on it.

Also, and you heard this last season from me, as long as soft tits is the GM here, Aguayo is here......

I appreciate the window painting for the casuals but there is no competition here - Aguayo will be our kicker.

One thing I think we can all appreciate if we're being honest about Mr. Soft tits GM is that he's shown a willingness to admit failure on a player early and move on. The horrendous initial FA class on '14, ASJ, the late round picks not making the roster, etc...

From a cost perspective it would actually be cheaper to cut Aguayo in terms of dead money. Folk is guaranteed $750k.

I agree the hope of Mr soft tits GM is that Aguayo wins the job, but I disagree that the 'kicker competition' is a farce when you're only basis is he was drafted in round 2 and you dismiss the track record of the GM quickly moving on from players that didn't work out.

If Aguayo has a TC anything close to the disaster that last years TC was than he won't be on the 53.
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:19 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Patrick McIrish wrote:I don't think competition is unique in the NFL. And certainly Hardknocks has no exclusive on it.

One thing I think we can all appreciate if we're being honest about Mr. Soft tits GM is that he's shown a willingness to admit failure on a player early and move on. The horrendous initial FA class on '14, ASJ, the late round picks not making the roster, etc...

From a cost perspective it would actually be cheaper to cut Aguayo in terms of dead money. Folk is guaranteed $750k.

I agree the hope of Mr soft tits GM is that Aguayo wins the job, but I disagree that the 'kicker competition' is a farce when you're only basis is he was drafted in round 2 and you dismiss the track record of the GM quickly moving on from players that didn't work out.

If Aguayo has a TC anything close to the disaster that last years TC was than he won't be on the 53.

I would tend to agree.

It looks bad for a little while to cut Aguayo in camp, but if Folk plays well, it's mostly forgotten.

It looks friggin' horrible, however, if you gift Aguayo the job and he costs you a game, and you have to cut him midseason.

If Aguayo is the opening day kicker, the only reason will be that OBP feels he was that best option. And that could even include waiver wire guys.
MJW

Postby Doctor » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:56 pm

It will be an open and pretty fair competition. If it's close, Roberto will get the tie-breaking nod. But if it's something like 12/18 to 19/20, there's no way even Licht can explain that away. And I don't think he's the kind to try. He's not a side talking kind of guy. If he brought Folk in he's totally prepared to hand him the job if he wins out.
Doctor

Postby Super K » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:36 am

Doctor wrote:It will be an open and pretty fair competition. If it's close, Roberto will get the tie-breaking nod. But if it's something like 12/18 to 19/20, there's no way even Licht can explain that away. And I don't think he's the kind to try. He's not a side talking kind of guy. If he brought Folk in he's totally prepared to hand him the job if he wins out.

Yep..
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 pm

PrimeMinister

Postby BucaRican » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 am

Tuesday, August 8th at 10 p.m. ET on HBO. Thats the date fellas!

http://bucswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/07/hbo-announces-debut-date-for-hard-knocks-featuring-bucs/

Anticipation is at an all time high for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2017 NFL season. The Bucs have proven that they’re a team that is on the rise,
which explains why they were selected to appear on HBO’s “Hard Knocks” this season. This means Bucs Nation as well as NFL fans across the nation will
have the opportunity to watch Jameis Winston, Mike Evans and their supporting cast in what is poised to be one heck of an exciting season.

As if acquiring several studs like DeSean Jackson and Chris Baker through free agency as well as a top 10 playmaker in O.J. Howard wasn’t enough, fans
will now have an opportunity to witness all the action when the cameras start rolling on Tuesday, August 8th at 10 p.m. ET on HBO.

This will be the very first time in the show’s history that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be featured. “Hard Knocks” will reveal all the hard work and
challenges that go into training camp, what life in the NFL is like for players in the league and show behind the scenes footage of the Bucs that you
surely won’t want to miss. So, be sure to tune in the first week of August to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the action!

BucaRican

Postby Concrete » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Concrete

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:45 am

beardmcdoug

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:33 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:One more day fellas!!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/hardknocks?lang=en

<ahem>
This girl is soooooo excited!
Babeinbucland

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:58 pm

I forgot that it was this week! I can't wait.
PrimeMinister

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:I forgot that it was this week! I can't wait.

Tomorrow!!! And then Friday our first pre season game- Finally!!! I feel like a junkie waiting for her fix lol
Babeinbucland

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:I forgot that it was this week! I can't wait.

Tomorrow!!! And then Friday our first pre season game- Finally!!! I feel like a junkie waiting for her fix lol

Now we need you to practice your calls this preseason. I want you in mid season form come week 1. We're counting on you!
PrimeMinister

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:46 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Tomorrow!!! And then Friday our first pre season game- Finally!!! I feel like a junkie waiting for her fix lol

Now we need you to practice your calls this preseason. I want you in mid season form come week 1. We're counting on you!

I am ON it!!
Babeinbucland

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:One more day fellas!!

https://twitter.com/hashtag/hardknocks?lang=en

<ahem>

You're one of the fellas whether you like it or not ;)
beardmcdoug

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:32 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:<ahem>

You're one of the fellas whether you like it or not ;)

<curtsies deeply>
Babeinbucland

Postby deltbucs » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 am

Welp...Guess I better go ahead and sign up for my HBO Now trial.
deltbucs

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:29 am

deltbucs wrote:Welp...Guess I better go ahead and sign up for my HBO Now trial.

Does the HBO now app give you the episodes when they appear on TV or do you have to wait later?
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Does the HBO now app give you the episodes when they appear on TV or do you have to wait later?

Most shows are available immediately upon airing.
Rocker

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

I watch Game of Thrones live on it so I assume I'll be able to watch Hard Knocks live as well.
PrimeMinister

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:53 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

to confirm what PM is saying, we've been missing the "live" start of GoT recently, and start it at like 9:20 on our Apple TV / HBO app, and we're able to start it from the beginning and watch it all the way through no problem too
beardmcdoug

Postby deltbucs » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:09 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

to confirm what PM is saying, we've been missing the "live" start of GoT recently, and start it at like 9:20 on our Apple TV / HBO app, and we're able to start it from the beginning and watch it all the way through no problem too

Nice
deltbucs

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:12 am

While HBO Now airs GoT at the same time as it's shown on regular HBO, that's not true for all HBO shows. Hard Knocks won't be availble on HBO Now or HBO Go until Wednesday mornings. So that means tonight's debut won't be available until 8/9 (tomorrow morning).

Hard Knocks will be shown on HBO and available for streaming on HBO Go and HBO Now on Wednesday mornings
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:27 am

Buc2 wrote:While HBO Now airs GoT at the same time as it's shown on regular HBO, that's not true for all HBO shows. Hard Knocks won't be availble on HBO Now or HBO Go until Wednesday mornings. So that means tonight's debut won't be available until 8/9 (tomorrow morning).

Hard Knocks will be shown on HBO and available for streaming on HBO Go and HBO Now on Wednesday mornings

I'll ****ing cut a bitch.... I'll be trying via Sling - everything I'm reading says it will be "available for live streaming through Sling + HBO addon"
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 am

Buc2 wrote:While HBO Now airs GoT at the same time as it's shown on regular HBO, that's not true for all HBO shows. Hard Knocks won't be availble on HBO Now or HBO Go until Wednesday mornings. So that means tonight's debut won't be available until 8/9 (tomorrow morning).

Dammit!!
PrimeMinister

PreviousNext

Return to Team Discussions